users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » CrossRoads Tobi +2 or Kannagi
CrossRoads Tobi +2 or Kannagi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 10:49:59  
I am at the crossroad 30 Glory coins, 20 Kindred crest, 50 High Kindred's = Tobi+2 or 50 Briareus helms, 50 Sobek skins, 75 Apedemak horns = Kannagi. I have Daka +2 already for THF and I know Tobi +2 is much easier to obtain but is it worth getting Tobi +2 or should I be patient and try for Kannagi? It just seems a bit rough to farm 3 Ki's for every NM pop..... Input please assist. Honestly is Tobi +2 good enough to be considered an Elite NIN?
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-06 10:52:47  
Hands down, Kannagi
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-06 10:54:07  
If you have the means, Kannagi. If you don't Tobi+2. If you have an abundance of free time and the means, do the Tobi+2 till you get the Kannagi.
 Shiva.Keyera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2011-04-06 10:58:19  
if your main job is ninja, i'd definitely recommend the kannagi if you are aspiring to be considered an Elite ninja. A tobi +2 wont cut it because you miss out on +10 agi and aftermath. 3 KIs isnt that big of a deal when you compare it to other empy's (primarily Twashtar) that require 4 or 5 pop items and quite a chain of NMs required for said pops. The last option would be to settle for a tobi, and redo the trials, but choose the kannagi afterwards. its up to you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 11:00:54  
Kannagi if you are serious about NIN. Tobi if not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:03:02  
I know Aftermath and +10/15 AGI also the 210 delay is sweet but is Tobi+2 good also? People who have Kannagi already will most likely say to get it. But 3 Ki's per NM for a chance at 1 maybe 2 helms/skins/horns = rougly 25-30 kills to finish each trial that is 75-90 boss fights and 255-275 Ki's I need to farm >.<
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-06 11:08:32  
If you think you'll be able to do the level 90 trial do kannagi. Too many people make 85 kannagi's because the path is "EZ MODE" and 95% of them will still have 85 version when 95 cap has been out for months.

Just sayin. You can do the 80-85 trials for both in about the same time but you could be sitting on level 90 in minutes versus maybe never on the 90. Evaluate your group and decide if it's something you can do.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:09:28  
Before update NIN was main then I mained THF and it's made me good Gil now that Abyssea is here I am really liking NIN again and have more +2 gear NIN then THF also kinda burnt out on being a TH *** LMAO unless it's for me or LS mates hahaha SE really has really brought NIN back to the game word up!
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2011-04-06 11:10:12  
The Kannagi is hands-down the better path. If you can get a few bodies to hold pop sets, it would maybe take you a day or two to get done with Briareus. Takes a couple days to get Skins... and bam... 85 Kannagi. I mean, its just my opinion, but I've seen ppl with Tobi+2 and the dmg just doesn't match up to those with Kannagi, even at 85 only. If you dedicate yourself to it... it would take maybe 3days to get to 85.... if you wanna take your time... a week. Its really not that bad, and the reward is completely worth it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luftig
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-06 11:10:58  
Tobi+2 is kannagi without the awesomeness of kannagi. Awesomeness being ODD aftermath.

Theres also the fact that kannagi 85 is possibly one of the easiest empys to obtain.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:16:37  
So if I get Kannagi to 85 it's just as good err I mean better than Tobi+2
 Asura.Sangunius
サーバ: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-04-06 11:19:14  
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
So if I get Kannagi to 85 it's just as good err I mean better than Tobi+2
Of course the actual weapon is going to pull ahead of the weaponskill only path. And if 3 KI's is a turn off for you maybe you should do the WoE path. Those 3 KI's can be gotten for a group of 5-6 in a bout 1.5hrs then another 1.5hrs to pop and kill Briar depending on the traffic for him. You can get 50 helms in less then a week with maybe 5-6hrs a day if that.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-04-06 11:23:35  
Im going for tobi +2 myself. im not a main nin, so i just want the ws and its dmg. kannagi does take a longer time to get(and harder) compared to masa and empy gs
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:28:07  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Im going for tobi +2 myself. im not a main nin, so i just want the ws and its dmg. kannagi does take a longer time to get(and harder) compared to masa and empy gs
do you know anyone with Tobi+2 and is blade hi dmg nice?
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:30:06  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I try to have a job for every situation to help friends.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:31:26  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
So if I have more than 1 job does that mean go with Tobi2?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sangunius
サーバ: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-04-06 11:33:43  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
AGI is not really that great since NIN in abyssea will 90% (if not 100%) of the time will be using GH atma so the extra 10-15 AGI really isn't the great part, that being said the WS itself is awesome on either weapon, BUT the occasionally does double damage is where the roads split.
^This. Tobi+2 won't be allowing you to crit 400+ on a swing and also won't have a chance to proc on your next Hi.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 11:35:24  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Blade: Hi without aftermath is only worth it inside Abyssea. My Kannagi85 hits between800-2000(very rare spike damage) outside Abyssea. If it wasn't for the Aftermath, I'd just be using Jin.

The question is: are you willing to get a Tobi+2 for NIN to use specifically in Abyssea?
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:35:35  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
AGI is not really that great since NIN in abyssea will 90% (if not 100%) of the time will be using GH atma so the extra 10-15 AGI really isn't the great part, that being said the WS itself is awesome on either weapon, BUT the occasionally does double damage is where the roads split.
Will Tobi2 make or break a NIN? what is considered ELITE?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-06 11:37:49  
First two questions you need to ask yourself is: How many hours a day do you have available to play, and how many friends do you have that would be willing to come with you to hold key items.

If the answers are several hours a day, and several friends, then I would say do the Kannagi. If your answers are a couple hours a day and maybe 1 friend, still do Kannagi but realize it will take you a while to complete, which is why I said do the tobi+2 in the meantime.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 11:38:16  
Kannagi, i'd say Would take less time from personal experiance, both nms are a joke to farm and kill, Briareus you can actually solo the entire stage.
With Tobi +2 you're going into WoE with competition, along with the chance that Coin of glory wont drop at all in one run.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:39:01  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Blade: Hi without aftermath is only worth it inside Abyssea. My Kannagi85 hits between800-2000(very rare spike damage) outside Abyssea. If it wasn't for the Aftermath, I'd just be using Jin.

The question is: are you willing to get a Tobi+2 for NIN to use specifically in Abyssea?
So your saying Tobi2 is Abyssea onry?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 11:40:58  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

I'm saying Blade: Hi without aftermath should be Abyssea only. Its pretty underwhelming outside Abyssea as far as weapon skills go. That isn't to say the base damage of Tobi+2 isn't good.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:43:47  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
First two questions you need to ask yourself is: How many hours a day do you have available to play, and how many friends do you have that would be willing to come with you to hold key items.

If the answers are several hours a day, and several friends, then I would say do the Kannagi. If your answers are a couple hours a day and maybe 1 friend, still do Kannagi but realize it will take you a while to complete, which is why I said do the tobi+2 in the meantime.
If I sit down and ask my friends and LS to help me out they would help but on to get help daily is selfish on my part right? They want to do other things also. It would take a couple months if not longer.... So should I go the Tobi2 route?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 11:44:10  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

I'm saying Blade: Hi without aftermath should be Abyssea only. Its pretty underwhelming outside Abyssea as far as weapon skills go. That isn't to say the base damage of Tobi+2 isn't good.

If that's the case you're doing it wrong, you should atleast be able to get atleast a good 2k on most if not all mobs outside abyssea.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 11:49:35  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Kannagi, i'd say Would take less time from personal experiance, both nms are a joke to farm and kill, Briareus you can actually solo the entire stage.
With Tobi +2 you're going into WoE with competition, along with the chance that Coin of glory wont drop at all in one run.
How did you solo the Briareus? You make it sound so easy lol tell me you secret NIN skills? Prz share...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7