フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » CrossRoads Tobi +2 or Kannagi
CrossRoads Tobi +2 or Kannagi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-08 11:04:57  
But yeah, did most of my helms for Almace dualbox, and even if it is boring, its really easy.
I rarely bothered to do more than 2 bria/day, but if you want to, can easily finish bria in like 5 days dualbox.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 11:10:32  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:

Lol Wsup Tamoa come to Feni and show me how you solo'ed this ***. J/K!

I haven't soloed Briareus though :(
I thought That screen shot you showed me me the other day was farming Ki's though
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 11:12:23  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
But yeah, did most of my helms for Almace dualbox, and even if it is boring, its really easy.
I rarely bothered to do more than 2 bria/day, but if you want to, can easily finish bria in like 5 days dualbox.
I am gonna try again thi weekend Kvazz. Maybe shout for some reward help also and see if I get a few bites on my shouts.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-08 13:46:10  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Haha, that actually sounds like a nice lazy goal I should do as well, cept I'd do 2 Bria every 3 days or something, and work on Kikoku as well.

Personally I don't care for the katana as much as you guys do, considering the hell it might possibly be to get it to the 99 version, but it's worthy enough to have for abyssea.
By Thud 2011-04-11 07:18:13  
I didn't read all 6 pages of this so I appologize if this has already been said, but before you start down the emp path, make sure you won't get stuck at 85. The 90 emp trial is rough and if a 95tobi is not better than an 85kannagi, a 99tobi will very likely be.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-11 07:31:55  
Thud said:
I didn't read all 6 pages of this so I appologize if this has already been said, but before you start down the emp path, make sure you won't get stuck at 85. The 90 emp trial is rough and if a 95tobi is not better than an 85kannagi, a 99tobi will very likely be.

I said it on page 1 but sadly everyone powered through my point and pretended that either: 1) it was somehow a non-issue, or 2) magically 85 kannagi will always outparse the future WoE incarnations regardless of the damage boost etc. Aparently there are a lot of 85 kannagi owners here with their heads in the ground.

On a side note:
With a dedicated crew (not necessarily the duo-box cookie cutter ninjas) you can gather several popsets at a time and brew while using the martello trick to brew 2-3 Apademak before your brew wears. That being said you will have to brew a MINIMUM of 13 times for all 75 horns. Hope that helps some people who are stuck ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-04-11 08:45:04  
Don't do the WoE route, you can only do it really during JP time if you want non-***. On my server its dead during NA time anyway.

However getting coins is... a little tedius to put it lightly, I'm working on the H2H weapon right now because Im too lazy to climb nyzul.

Boy, do I wish I climbed nyzul. I could have done the full emp by the time Im done just getting the WS weapon.

EDIT: On another note, if any linkshell on Lakshmi is selling coins of advancement, get in touch.<3

Im desperate.;-;
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 09:47:48  
I went ahead and started Trials for Kannagi this Friday I chose the path, took everyones advise and got 7 helms over in 2 days. I didn't over do myself like I would have during a normal weekend. You can trade helms to mog chest he will store them ad keep count for you, with that beige said it should take me about 3-4 weeks to finish this trial at a steady pace. I did have a little trouble with the lighting and ice Giga they are a bit annoying and some *** hole JP claimed and call for help on my pop twice when I tried the flux reset RED!! Proc. It was a bit frustrating I almost threw my controller at my TV LOL
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-11 09:49:03  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Thud said:

I said it on page 1 but sadly everyone powered through my point and pretended that either: 1) it was somehow a non-issue, or 2) magically 85 kannagi will always outparse the future WoE incarnations regardless of the damage boost etc. Aparently there are a lot of 85 kannagi owners here with their heads in the ground.
Uh... No lol. You might beat it on per-WS damage at 95/99, but if you think it'll win on DPS in the long run you're the one with your head in the ground. Aftermath is a free 30% boost to mainhand weapon damage during TP phase, which is the greater portion of a NIN's DPS. Better delay on Kannagi doesn't hurt either. You'd need ~70 base damage on Tobi for it to even be close... Do you really think Tobi is going to gain 17 base damage in 9 levels?
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 09:52:42  
Correction I have 8 Helms 42 more to go^^
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-04-11 09:58:06  

Gogo!!! :D
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 09:58:31  
I also did some homework and I has 10/13 RED!! which was nice only 3 I don't have is greatsword polearm and scythe. But for those Ninjas who have event polearm can use R-thrust /WAR hope that helps some of you. That would be 11/13 RED!! WEWT! Just want to help my fellow NINJAS!
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 09:59:58  
Asura.Tamoa said:

Gogo!!! :D
I Will^^ Lol at this pace I should be finih by the end of April!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-11 10:03:48  
I went ahead and started Trials for Kannagi this Friday I chose the path, took everyones advise and got 7 helms over in 2 days. I didn't over do myself like I would have during a normal weekend. You can trade helms to mog chest he will store them ad keep count for you, with that beige said it should take me about 3-4 weeks to finish this trial at a steady pace. I did have a little trouble with the lighting and ice Giga they are a bit annoying and some *** hole JP claimed and call for help on my pop twice when I tried the flux reset RED!! Proc. It was a bit frustrating I almost threw my controller at my TV LOL

Yeah, do it /war unless the zone's dead. You can't guarantee being able to flux conveniently and to be honest if I had a group there and some solo NIN kept taking ages to kill and trying to reset proc, I'd be tempted to kill it just for the sake of being able to continue.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 10:06:43  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Yeah, do it /war unless the zone's dead. You can't guarantee being able to flux conveniently and to be honest if I had a group there and some solo NIN kept taking ages to kill and trying to reset proc, I'd be tempted to kill it just for the sake of being able to continue.
I would rather help him get Proc and get it over with, and I wasn't taking for ever it was on first try that Giga moves pretty quick to keep trying to do it.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-11 10:43:57  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Thud said:

Uh... No lol. You might beat it on per-WS damage at 95/99, but if you think it'll win on DPS in the long run you're the one with your head in the ground. Aftermath is a free 30% boost to mainhand weapon damage during TP phase, which is the greater portion of a NIN's DPS. Better delay on Kannagi doesn't hurt either. You'd need ~70 base damage on Tobi for it to even be close... Do you really think Tobi is going to gain 17 base damage in 9 levels?

Yeah, hence what I said earlier. Depending on how SE enhances relics, Kikoku might blow Kannagi out of the water in the next few updates. However, seeing this won't happen until September at the latest if ever, so Kannagi, even at 85 is still the best DD weapon to have.

It's kinda a shame not many have a lvl 90 Kikoku to test how well the damage is on Blade: Metsu, I was always on the impression that it was extremely consistent damage, regardless of it's current TP. Also, not sure if it can be double/triple/quadruple attacked or critted.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-11 11:07:15  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Haha, that actually sounds like a nice lazy goal I should do as well, cept I'd do 2 Bria every 3 days or something, and work on Kikoku as well.

Personally I don't care for the katana as much as you guys do, considering the hell it might possibly be to get it to the 99 version, but it's worthy enough to have for abyssea.
Lol you think THA Kannagi is abysea worthy only? I that Tobi2 was an abyssea only katana? Hopefully SE makes Abyssea for entire game the real world sux
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-11 11:17:24  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Thud said:

A damage boost aftermath that: won't always be up, isn't even 50% activation rate, and only proc's on main hand = 30%?
I'm not trying to be difficult, I genuinely tried to follow what you just said with an open mind and I'm missing out.

My ninja has been retired for years and I have no vested interest in this arguement, however, I didn't want to send an obviously green player on his way thinking "90 kannagi = no problem, in 3 hours".
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-11 13:22:55  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Lol you think THA Kannagi is abysea worthy only? I that Tobi2 was an abyssea only katana? Hopefully SE makes Abyssea for entire game the real world sux

I agree, the real world sux, but brewing made abyssea really cheap and boring.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-11 13:41:35  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
A damage boost aftermath that: won't always be up,
Not always, no. You will have aftermath up the majority of the time though. As such, even a very conservative estimate will put aftermath procrate at 20%+ on anything that doesn't spam amnesia (and you could make an argument for high TP aftermath covering that anyway). I used 25% procrate for my 70 base damage figure, which is generally either low or about right depending on what I'm doing at the time.

An argument could be made for /DNC and other situations where you're rarely/never WSing, but at that point neither 85 Kannagi nor 95+ Tobi is the right choice. Some form of 95+ Sekka would be better.

Quote:
isn't even 50% activation rate, and only proc's on main hand = 30%?
Given that we are talking about a mainhand weapon, yes. There's no reason to include the offhand in that because it's a constant.
 Asura.Aineko
サーバ: Asura
user: Aineko
By Asura.Aineko 2011-04-17 22:28:48  
I also did some homework and I has 10/13 RED!! which was nice only 3 I don't have is greatsword polearm and scythe. But for those Ninjas who have event polearm can use R-thrust /WAR hope that helps some of you. That would be 11/13 RED!! WEWT! Just want to help my fellow NINJAS!

How did you get Sunburst? If you have Temperance Torque + the headband from Briareus, you'd still need 3 merits to get it. Without the torque you'd need 7/8 merits + the headband. I guess since merits are cheap now, its doable though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-17 22:43:07  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
On a side note:
With a dedicated crew (not necessarily the duo-box cookie cutter ninjas) you can gather several popsets at a time and brew while using the martello trick to brew 2-3 Apademak before your brew wears. That being said you will have to brew a MINIMUM of 13 times for all 75 horns. Hope that helps some people who are stuck ^^

Ye olde, but you can brew 6-9 in one go - more if REALLY well equipped. No need for martello either!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-17 23:40:05  
What's your setup for brewing? I've been debating Chainspell on RDM vs Grudge/Sanguine on BLU, not sure which way to go.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-18 00:20:13  
I never tried RDM but Sanguine 3shots. Cosmos/Banisher/Ultimate using

<set name="SanguineBlade">
<ammo>Thunder Sachet</ammo>
<head>Aias Bonnet</head>
<neck>$NukeNeck</neck>
<lear>Hecate's Earring</lear>
<rear>Moldavite Earring</rear>
<body>Teal Saio</body>
<hands>Mavi Bazuband +1</hands>
<lring>Diamond Ring</lring>
<rring>Aquilo's Ring</rring>
<back>Hecate's Cape</back>
<waist>Warwolf Belt</waist>
<legs>Mavi Tayt +2</legs>
<feet>Mavi Basmak +2</feet>
</set>

taken directly from SC cause lazy, NukeNeck being Uggy/Artemis' and Diamond Ring has INT+2 on it, so nothing too special. Just popped and killed where it pops using boxes to freeze brew and having a Stunner on pop so it doesn't level => Fulm => stun you, with Utsusemi for shadows to prevent Enstun. Wildfire was also used which also 3shots (2shots with exceptional gear/setup (and my cor was /nin to avoid Enstun)) which did 9 in a row once.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-18 11:44:04  
I finally got Kannagi 1srt stage!! was'nt as difficult as I thought it would be thanx to you all for actually convincing me to go Kannagi rout^^ Sobek is next any advice on how to do Sobek? pls post, also I want to thank everyone that helped me~ my LS HRN, Stillvenomous, Ryafoa, Miyara, Rosuto, Mylah, Naezjinra,Thesslore, Tolan, and Dimension TYVM WORD UP!! now How to do Sobek ?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-18 12:02:31  
Biggest issue with Sobek is half the server camping Gukumatz, other than that it's an easy fight.
I recommend 2 tanks, due to possible death-move, and cloak/dagger atma to help resist death a bit.
But it's totally possible to duo DD + Mage, just try to stun Tyrant tusk, and be fast to Stona after it petrifies your tank(hate reset).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-18 12:05:55  
Sobek isn't really hard. If he gets spammy on aga's your whm will be getting a workout. He can insta kill with Tyrant Tusk but it's not 100% of the time. You're going to hate Guku more than Sobek for sure.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-18 12:25:15  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Sobek isn't really hard. If he gets spammy on aga's your whm will be getting a workout. He can insta kill with Tyrant Tusk but it's not 100% of the time. You're going to hate Guku more than Sobek for sure.
Can that Tyrant Tusk move be stunned?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-18 12:49:57  
Tyrant Tusk 99% of the time will only kill you if you're below a certain threshold of HP (seems to be ~1750). Make your WHM keep you topped up and you'll have no problem.

I've finished 3 Empyreans from Sobek and I've only ever been instant death'd once, and that's when I had low HP (and I normally tank).

EDIT: In terms of efficiency, ask anyone you know who needs anything from Sobek which aren't the skins. If not enough people, get pickups. You want a NIN + WHM minimum. THF is as always amazing and WAR to cover your remaining procs is also much appreciated. If getting more than 4-5 people, try to build another NIN + WHM + ... group so you can build more than one pop at once. It's easy to lose efficiency on Sobek from people waiting around, but if you're constantly building pops etc then you're going to get a very high output of skins/hour, assuming little competition.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7