Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 12:29:50  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Apparently Moribund Hack can 1shot you even - I have a screenie of my Migawari wearing off and me taking 0 damage as Pantagruel used that move, and I don't have AF3 body. :/
Post screen shot lol I want to see it

Sorry, took a while to find it ; ;

Interesting... Does this happen every time?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:32:12  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Apparently Moribund Hack can 1shot you even - I have a screenie of my Migawari wearing off and me taking 0 damage as Pantagruel used that move, and I don't have AF3 body. :/

Nice! You need a paralyna LOL nice Oct Shorts. Good Job on the solo!
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 12:32:39  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
With AF3+2/+1 body and Migawari ya it should happen every time you have both on.
Asura.Tamoa said:
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 12:33:44  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
I'd consider an elite nin by his/her skill in playing, but in the battle tobi+2 vs kannagi, kannagi wins. If you want the second best option, it would be tobi +2. Yes, i have seen pretty good numbers w/ tobi+2 and that is just b/c of the ws itself. The only reason kannagi beats tobi+2 in ws dmg is b/c of the occ deals double dmg, which can proc on ws. ROCK THE BLUE SQUARE

ODD does not proc on weaponskills, with this in mind, kannagi is still better because of the higher base damage and extra mods on the weapon itself.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:35:53  
I think Kannagi is the way I am going to go. It may take a while but it seems as if all the Tobi2 users are a bit quiet today.... I don't want to regret Tobi2 and have to start all over again.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-04-06 12:38:09  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
I'd consider an elite nin by his/her skill in playing, but in the battle tobi+2 vs kannagi, kannagi wins. If you want the second best option, it would be tobi +2. Yes, i have seen pretty good numbers w/ tobi+2 and that is just b/c of the ws itself. The only reason kannagi beats tobi+2 in ws dmg is b/c of the occ deals double dmg, which can proc on ws. ROCK THE BLUE SQUARE
ODD does not proc on weaponskills, with this in mind, kannagi is still better because of the higher base damage and extra mods on the weapon itself.
I always thought ODD can effect ws xD
lemme check
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-06 12:38:24  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

ODD does not proc on WS
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:40:00  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

The Balde: Hi 60% AGI is sexy but I am leaning towards Kannagi 85 what do think? Tobi2 blue box is nice too though.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-04-06 12:41:31  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Asura.Tamoa said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

Interesting... Does this happen every time?

He did use it once before this, it took me down to around 200hp if I remember right. I both read and was told that the move won't kill you, but as you can see it would have done just that without Migawari.

And yeah I turned as soon as he used Ice Roar but apoc atma triple attack kicked in and I kept on swinging at him lol. Then of course the para proc'ed when I tried to Healing Waltz myself D:
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:41:43  
ODD Proc's on weapon skills even if you have Tobi2 ? ReAlly?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 12:42:09  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

The Balde: Hi 60% AGI is sexy but I am leaning towards Kannagi 85 what do think? Tobi2 blue box is nice too though.

If you can commit to it, Kannagi.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 12:43:31  

Nope.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-06 12:46:13  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
I always thought ODD can effect ws xD lemme check
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
ODD does not proc on WS
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Nope.

I addressed this a page and a half before the original Mtmoogle post >< I swear the last week my posts have been transparent :,<
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:53:13  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Nope.
Leo how long did it take you to get Kannagi? And is it at 90?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 12:58:33  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Nope.

My shells been working mainly on getting everyone their level 85 empyreans before proceeding to the level 90 versions.
I can hazard a guess and say my kannagi took about 2 days of farming to do in a party of 6 for the first stage.
And for the second stage it took about 3~4 days, due mainly to the competition with JPs in my time frame.
We actually finished my friends 80 armageddon in 7 hours with 7 people.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 12:59:14  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
I always thought ODD can effect ws xD lemme check
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
ODD does not proc on WS
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Nope.
Lol Ashman

I addressed this a page and a half before the original Mtmoogle post >< I swear the last week my posts have been transparent :,<
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 13:01:34  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Nope.

My shells been working mainly on getting everyone their level 85 empyreans before proceeding to the level 90 versions.
I can hazard a guess and say my kannagi took about 2 days of farming to do in a party of 6 for the first stage.
And for the second stage it took about 3~4 days, due mainly to the competition with JPs in my time frame.
damn Nice! Grats!
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 13:03:39  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Nope.

damn Nice! Grats!

In essence it doesn't take long at all when you get to it, 50 of said item just scares people I suppose.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 13:08:50  
It's the 50 helms,skins 75 horns multiply that but the 3 Ki's you need to farm is a bit challenging that's what scares people but then again this is a MMORPG adult game not like that "WoW" that is considered a kiddie game LOL
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-04-06 13:11:08  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If you have the means, Kannagi. If you don't Tobi+2. If you have an abundance of free time and the means, do the Tobi+2 till you get the Kannagi.

Pretty much this. My group does empyreans as a linkshell but we have a fair amount of people wanting them and we only run for 3-5 hours a day a few days a week. Since they've already helped me with Verethragna I snagged the Tobi+2 for now. That and Gukumatz Aery is annoying as ***.

Building a weapon up to solo/duo Briareus/Sobek when I can drag someone out there since the 85 Kannagi beats Tobi+2. But the Blade: Hi damage is substantial (inside abyssea) on either weapon. I personally don't have a set built for outside abyssea so it's mediocre at best in that case.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 13:12:50  
It's the 50 helms,skins 75 horns multiply that but the 3 Ki's you need to farm is a bit challenging that's what scares people but then again this is a MMORPG adult game not like that "WoW" that is considered a kiddie game LOL

Can solo each and every KI nm for the first two stages just use a regen atma - Mounted champion and you'll have a pop set ready for whenever.
It's what I did in my down time, when you reach the Apademak stage you'll need a few more people to help, because it is in general an nm where one *** up can generally lose you the fight.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 13:14:38  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If you have the means, Kannagi. If you don't Tobi+2. If you have an abundance of free time and the means, do the Tobi+2 till you get the Kannagi.

Pretty much this. My group does empyreans as a linkshell but we have a fair amount of people wanting them and we only run for 3-5 hours a day a few days a week. Since they've already helped me with Verethragna I snagged the Tobi+2 for now. That and Gukumatz Aery is annoying as ***.

Building a weapon up to solo/duo Briareus/Sobek when I can drag someone out there since the 85 Kannagi beats Tobi+2. But the Blade: Hi damage is substantial (inside abyssea) on either weapon. I personally don't have a set built for outside abyssea so it's mediocre at best in that case.
So you have Tobi2 are you happy with it and wish you would has waited for Kannagi? Now you have to start trials over if you do...
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-04-06 13:18:30  
Kannagi or Tobi +2. Does anyone own Tobi2 and if so are you happy with it or regret you didn't go the Kannagi route?

I have a Tobi +2, am also on Fenrir and happy to show you it.

Personally I would say its damage is considerable and, from feedback, it is comparable to Kannagi in Damage and this person said they know a Kannagi owner and he doesnt hit the WS numbers I do. My WS set isnt finished either - Poss the other owner sucks or is missing an Atma or something, iono. Believe me or not on this im not bothered but I have no reason to lie.

My choices regarding why a Tobi+2 was that I wanted multiple weapons not just for my NIN and when you do WoE, if you get prize chests, you will often accumulate additional coins.

Subsequently ive completed +2 on MNK, NIN, SAM and DRG and 10 coins from completing COR too which was my ultimate goal.

I understand and agree which, if equal gear and buffs, will pull ahead - The Kannagi will of course despite ODD not procing on WS damage (which is why Ashman put the ??? earlier I believe).

But I feel extremely happy that I have 4 (almost 5) of the second best avail..... Maybe not the DRG actually lol.

The group of friends I generally do things with probably would of held pops for me if I wanted to go Kannagi for NIN I would imagine but I just couldnt bring myself to use up that much of other peoples time. They probably wouldnt of minded at all tbh but I would of felt guilty.

So there you have it, my choice and reasons why with it. Im certainly happy and feel obtaining that many is quite an achievment even if it is viewed as the Ghetto choice.

GL in whatever path you take.
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-04-06 13:21:51  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

So you have Tobi2 are you happy with it and wish you would has waited for Kannagi? Now you have to start trials over if you do...

I'm very pleased with it. It increased my NIN's damage substantially inside abyssea. The trials before WoE are all easy, just time consuming. You can do something else while you camp NMs, it's not really a big deal imo. They are easily soloable with the exception of Tammuz (not to say he's not soloable. I've done it but the petrify breath sometimes ends the fight if you get unlucky with evading and duration of petrify).
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2011-04-06 13:28:56  
I recently decided to go for an 85 Kannagi (vs 90 Tobi+2), but I'm not having the best of luck. I can try to proc red with Katana/GKT/Sword/Dagger, but more often than not it's not one of those.

Moral of the story is: Have a WHM to heal and WAR to help proc if you're serious about Kannagi or you'll be farming for up to twice as long.

(This should have been posted pages ago, and I hit submit, but it didn't post for some reason >.> )
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 13:34:50  
@ Havster if your on later this evenin mind if you pop a few weaponskills so I can see damage out put? I hasn't seen anyone with a Tobi2 on Fenrir or I probably never payed attention until now that I am at the crossroad ^^ Ty
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-04-06 13:41:06  
I will try, its 19:36 at the moment for me, what time are you thinking?

I get up at 05.00 unfortunately so it cant be too late, but either way im sure I can hook up with you asap and we can find something to beat on for half hour to see what you think.

Tonight, now I think about it, isnt great. The wife is on search and destroy mode lol.
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-04-06 13:41:38  
Kannagi is so easy I can't see Tobi being a faster path.

NIN can solo Briareus with some skill.

A group of 6 can farm 6 popsets in about an hour depending on wait times and drops of the pop items. You can kill Briareus in about 2 minutes with a good group (Zerg settup works incredibly well if you have dedicated DNC and or BLM, DRK etc for stun having your tank sub DNC helps too).

Sobek's not quite so easy because of the competition at Gukumatz but the fight can be duo'd by NIN and anything with cure.

Most NIN's don't have a hope of getting it to 90 however being as Daurdabla(harp) and Almace(sword, although probably not as much of a priority as kannagi) both use the same NM, and that NM is probably the biggest pain in the entire game. Apademak if you allow it to level up WILL KILL YOU. I personally haven't been able to win without a brew (even though people will probably claim that I suck and that OMG YOUR DOING IT WRONG HE'S SO EASY, he's not. One miss on violent flourish or a slightly late stun and you're *** for good).

I also recommend ALWAYS HAVING TREASURE HUNTER. A lot of people say it doesn't help, but after doing 29 glavoid (only 4 dropped 1 shell) with TH then doing 22 Itzpapalotl 15 of which I brought TH got 2 scales each time, the next 7 without TH I got 1 each. Small sample sizes but I have the same experience on both Carabosse and Briareus...

WoE is just really time consuming unless you go into an unconventional flux with a static. Flux 7 with SMNs and BLMs is fairly simple and you could get all of your coins in one or two runs.

Hope this helps you.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7