Abyssea, Moon Phases, And Drops.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea, Moon phases, and drops.
Abyssea, Moon phases, and drops.
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Grievor
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Grievor
By Sylph.Grievor 2011-04-04 09:21:06  
Alright, we all know sometimes moon phases affect things subtlely in vanadiel (alegedly) but why should abyssea be any different? Im sure we have all seen, and heard of somthing dropping insanely frequently, then not at all during an attempt, i have a feeling lunar forces are at work here, i have no evidance of this, it could be dumb luck/unluckyness, but it never hurts to do a bit of research, so i guess keep your eyes open in abyssea, if there is some pattern, and we learn it, it may mean more desired drops for everyone!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-04 09:26:16  
Blue!! and TH for non seal/stone drops or yellow!! for seal/stones are the only things at work. Everything else is placebo.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-04 09:42:59  
I only ever fight big NMs on 48% Waxing moon. I always get 100% drops.

I'm that awesome.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-04 09:45:48  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

I'm that awesome.
Holy ***. I need to try this! Did you have a 4 leaf mandragora bud in your inventory?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-04-04 09:46:26  
...how do you check the moon phase?...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-04-04 09:47:07  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

I'm that awesome.
Holy ***. I need to try this! Did you have a 4 leaf mandragora bud in your inventory?

....and Lucky Egg??!?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-04 09:48:24  
No, a 4 leaf mandragora bud doesn't do it. You have to have 9 cream puffs, 6 sole sushi+1, and 2 marbled steak. Only then will you achieve full drops.
[+]
 Sylph.Grievor
By Sylph.Grievor 2011-04-04 09:49:21  
Im not saying blue and yellow arent affective, im saying the possability exists. But feel free to dissagree. I posted this to see if there are any whom feel the same and have some data to back it up. But if you dont believe theres a chance, you're welcome to dispute it or leave, enjoy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-04 09:51:00  
Sylph.Grievor said:
Im not saying blue and yellow arent affective, im saying the possability exists. But feel free to dissagree. I posted this to see if there are any whom feel the same and have some data to back it up. But if you dont believe theres a chance, you're welcome to dispute it or leave, enjoy.

Moon phases do not affect drops ... that's one of the worst highly-propagated myths in FFXI history ... right up there with THF needing the killshot for Treasure Hunter to take effect.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-04 09:52:11  
But my peacock charm dropped back in 2006 because it was full moon!

Everyone knows that.....jeez
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-04 09:57:08  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Sylph.Grievor said:

Moon phases do not affect drops ... that's one of the worst highly-propagated myths in FFXI history.

Moon phase could affect drop rate marginaly, that possibility is still there, but yes it's stupid to wait for a moon phase for what could be a 1% higher drop rate.

Ok, maybe. I can't dispute that moon phases might have some marginal, unimportant effect on drop rates.
I retract by previous statement, and change it to:

Moon phases do not affect drops significantly, if they do at all ... that's one of the worst highly-propagated myths in FFXI history.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-04-04 09:57:29  
Anyone else proc'd Black yet? Or just me? Dunno what it does.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-04-04 10:04:09  
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Anyone else proc'd Black yet? Or just me? Dunno what it does.

Makes fried chicken drop.

Too bad it will only let me +1 you.
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 10:13:35  
2/2 Loki's Kaftan, no brew I was THF w/ TH6, friend was DNC. No Blue !! proc, moon was 12%, 1 minute brews on each.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-04 10:14:34  
Quote:
moon phase crap
lol
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-04 10:14:42  
Odin.Venomous said:
2/2 Loki's Kaftan, no brew I was THF w/ TH6, friend was DNC. No Blue !! proc, moon was 12%, 1 minute brews on each.

Aw damnit! I'm 0/something still XD
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-04 10:17:18  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:

No brew, you just used a brew?
 Odin.Venomous
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 10:17:26  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:

Sheelay, you know my TH6 is at your disposal! Just say when you need it bro.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-04 10:17:29  
Sylph.Grievor said:

Moon phases do not affect drops ... that's one of the worst highly-propagated myths in FFXI history ... right up there with THF needing the killshot for Treasure Hunter to take effect.
Well, can TH upgrade on a killshot? lol
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 10:18:38  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:

No brew, you just used a brew?
1 minute brews on each.
 Sylph.Grievor
By Sylph.Grievor 2011-04-04 10:18:47  
While some dont believe much into it, others do, the moon phases are there for SOME reason arent they? if they had no purpose, then why have them? to make us paranoid? The question isnt if it affects it, the real question is in abyssea (where we all know more often than not the rules are different) what and how much is affected (if anything moreso than outside abyssea) is affected, and that is what i propose we find out. Its not unrealistic to think it has a chance to do so, again seals for one job favored one day then the next nearly non-existant. We all have seen strange things, the question is if there is any actual possibility of this being somthing drasticly overlooked because of the closeminded players not testing it cause it wasnt that way before. Like i said, i cant stop you from dissagreeing, this is here for those that are interested and feel there may be some possibility of this being true.

Edit:
Also thankyou venomous for contributing, this is what im getting at, its possible that during specific phases X item from (nm) is more favorible to drop than Y item. And before you ask, im not talking about X's Knife or Y's Scythe.
 Odin.Venomous
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 10:19:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Grievor said:

Well, can TH upgrade on a killshot? lol
I have never procced a new tier of TH on a killshot... evar.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-04 10:27:57  
Odin.Venomous said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:

Heh, ty bro, we'll see when I come back! :D

As for moonphase, I have no problem believing it has some effect on droprate or on NQ/HQ crafting success.
However, there is no written knowlege over the, let's say, "Hidden TH bonus" given by moon phase so I wouldn't try plan somethin out on it.
Even if it had the effect of a hidden extra TH point, THF alone gets to TH6, meaning it would be more relevant to have a THF than to look up the sky and hope for the moon to be right.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-04-04 10:28:55  
I use to get enhanced drops from mobs/NM when I would take off my pants either right before it died or right before I opened the chest.

Is this the "moon" they are talking about?
[+]
 Odin.Venomous
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-04 10:32:43  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Odin.Venomous said:

Heh, ty bro, we'll see when I come back! :D

As for moonphase, I have no problem believing it has some effect on droprate or on NQ/HQ crafting success.
However, there is no written knowlege over the, let's say, TH bonus given by moon phase so I wouldn't try plan somethin out on it. Even if it had the effect of a hidden extra TH point, THF alone gets to TH6, meaning it would be more relevant to have a THF than to look up the sky and hope for the moon to be right.
True, but for me I could just be lucky. I seem to get drops easier than most THFs, need a program that will let me monitor killshots on time & moon phase. I'd do it by hand but work keeps me pretty tired & trying to maintain a LS doesn't help.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-04 10:34:12  
Sylph.Grievor said:
While some dont believe much into it, others do, the moon phases are there for SOME reason arent they? if they had no purpose, then why have them? to make us paranoid? The question isnt if it affects it, the real question is in abyssea (where we all know more often than not the rules are different) what and how much is affected (if anything moreso than outside abyssea) is affected, and that is what i propose we find out. Its not unrealistic to think it has a chance to do so, again seals for one job favored one day then the next nearly non-existant. We all have seen strange things, the question is if there is any actual possibility of this being somthing drasticly overlooked because of the closeminded players not testing it cause it wasnt that way before. Like i said, i cant stop you from dissagreeing, this is here for those that are interested and feel there may be some possibility of this being true.

Edit:
Also thankyou venomous for contributing, this is what im getting at, its possible that during specific phases X item from (nm) is more favorible to drop than Y item. And before you ask, im not talking about X's Knife or Y's Scythe.
You're an idiot. Moon phases affect various quests, NMs, and weapons. We've had how many years to test moon phase data on crafting/drops with absolutely no concrete data supporting day/moon theories?

Jaerik made a great post on this topic a while back, somebody should dig that up. Basically said players have a tendency to vastly overestimate the complexity of implemented systems.
[+]
First Page 2 3