Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-23 01:28:29  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
They would be rediculous. Even cor + sam would need lucky or 11 to make it. Even then you couldn't take off hardly any for ws.

By impractical I meant that not everyone has acess to all that ***. And of course the whole you are so close to barely being able to make it that you need the store tp in your snap shot slots and if rapid shot procs then you wont get it and it could cost you a hit
im sorry but if you're going to have a gandiva/harrier/yoichi/gastre you better have got the gear for it. nothing pisses me off more than a full perle sam with a masamune.

cor also has regain roll ^_~
There's a difference between having gear (lol gastre!?!) and having perfect tp sets followed by semi gimped ws sets just to achieve your hit build. And psh like harrier is that hard to get.

Sure regain roll... that brings you down to 0 hit right? Wanna see the 2 hit culverin build I'm working on? Or my 3 hit 2-4 shot spitfire that requires no store tp in the ws!

Are such sacrifices really needed over your standard 5 hit build factoring double shot as well? Not to mention regain atmas (VV/Sea Daughter at least)
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 01:29:55  
I'm sorry if you are pre shooting in snap shot gear then switching to store tp gear you pretty much have to assume at least one of those shots doesn't get those switches into your build calc because it will happen. And you are certainly hurting your dmg on alot of those choices. Both in shooting and wsing. And for what a measely 3% faster tp gain?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 01:32:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
They would be rediculous. Even cor + sam would need lucky or 11 to make it. Even then you couldn't take off hardly any for ws.

By impractical I meant that not everyone has acess to all that ***. And of course the whole you are so close to barely being able to make it that you need the store tp in your snap shot slots and if rapid shot procs then you wont get it and it could cost you a hit
im sorry but if you're going to have a gandiva/harrier/yoichi/gastre you better have got the gear for it. nothing pisses me off more than a full perle sam with a masamune.

cor also has regain roll ^_~
There's a difference between having gear (lol gastre!?!) and having perfect tp sets followed by semi gimped ws sets just to achieve your hit build. And psh like harrier is that hard to get.

Sure regain roll... that brings you down to 0 hit right? Wanna see the 2 hit culverin build I'm working on? Or my 3 hit 2-4 shot spitfire that requires no store tp in the ws! Seriously 40 store tp and some regain is a rediculous amount of help. I'm pretty sure I actually could make some kind of 2 hit build on some jobs with it lol
i know lol gastre figured i'd add it though lol

and ws gear for rng actually happens to have quite a bit of stp on it, lokis/sylvan back/sylvan legs/gules legs (which are next best to scouts)/rajas etc etc, you dont gimp yourself at all to maintain a 4 hit, with gandiva it's alot more difficult though.

i mentioned harrier because everything in that item set takes far less time to get than the actual bow itself, proving how easy it is to gear.

as for your last part LOLCOR HAHAHAHAHAHA (o wait antares will kill me)
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 01:33:26  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'm sorry if you are pre shooting in snap shot gear then switching to store tp gear you pretty much have to assume at least one of those shots doesn't get those switches into your build calc because it will happen. And you are certainly hurting your dmg on alot of those choices. Both in shooting and wsing. And for what a measely 3% faster tp gain?
that doesnt happen with windower :>
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-23 01:38:17  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
as for the little help i was refering to having a cor and a sam in your party
Did you factor that you will only average 29 stp with sam roll, just giving you a heads up so you dont make the mistake and make assumptions with x-roll amount for your builds.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 01:40:08  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Did you factor that you will only average 29 stp with sam roll, just giving you a heads up so you dont make the mistake and make assumptions with x-roll amount for your builds.
i was including double rolls (stp + regain)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-23 01:42:16  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Lol yes it does. if you get an instant rapid shot, its not going to count.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 01:46:55  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

except rapid shot isnt instant, you can set the delay of the gear change to before the shot lands.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 01:47:58  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I call BS. Rapid shot is instant. Spellcast certainly doesn't get me when I'm chainspelling

Unless you jishnuing which you just said bow vs guns... af3 > lokis by a bit. there are several better peices than af3 lets to ws in. Rajas is weak to ws in. Um af3 feet >>>>>> gules. Back is debatebal.

I can garuntee you that the very very small increase in tp gain granted from using a bow doesn't outweight the gimping of your ws dmg. Jishnu's just kinda makes up for that cause of how strong it is. Then again so is wildfire so meh
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 01:49:04  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
except rapid shot isnt instant, you can set the delay of the gear change to before the shot lands.
■Ranged attack delay is divided into 3 phases :
■1. Pulling out ranged weapon, aiming, and shooting : this time span is calculated by : Weapon Delay / 110. A successful Rapid Shot activation reduces the aiming time (the time between pulling back the string and actual firing of the shot) to 0.
■2. After shooting → putting back ranged weapon : This delay usually takes 1.7 second to 1.8 second. However, occasionally, it can take fluctuate from 1.6 second to 1.9 second
■3. "Free" phase : at this time span, melee timer is un-paused. The minimum time this delay can have is 1.1 second
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-23 01:50:22  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Im pretty sure chaos roll would be a bigger gain than 1-2 tics for the party overall, ofcourse your overall pt setup would determine that.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 01:52:43  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Im pretty sure chaos roll would be a bigger gain than 1-2 tics for the party overall, ofcourse your overall pt setup would determine that.
Pretty sure it would be better even if all you had was the rng and sam and the cor... with at least 2 melees DA roll would easily trump it. (and no the cor isn't a melee gdi!)
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-23 02:02:53  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Pretty sure it would be better even if all you had was the rng and sam and the cor... with at least 2 melees DA roll would easily trump it. (and no the cor isn't a melee gdi!)
I dont know, 23% attack average(100-150attack) vs 11 DA average with jobs with DA gear already or traits is going to diminish the roll esp war sam and war which have 15%+ already on them.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:04:37  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I call BS. Rapid shot is instant. Spellcast certainly doesn't get me when I'm chainspelling

Unless you jishnuing which you just said bow vs guns... af3 > lokis by a bit. there are several better peices than af3 lets to ws in. Rajas is weak to ws in. Um af3 feet >>>>>> gules. Back is debatebal.

I can garuntee you that the very very small increase in tp gain granted from using a bow doesn't outweight the gimping of your ws dmg. Jishnu's just kinda makes up for that cause of how strong it is. Then again so is wildfire so meh
well for one both the hands and legs are irreplaceable for wsing and TPing in. raja's is only slightly weaker in abyssea, 5 str AND dex goes a long ways outside. as for feet, not every ws has an agi mod (this im speaking directly about jishnu) and even then you dont need it to keep the 4 hit during ws phase. only required pieces during ws phase you need to keep on are: rose strap, loki's kaftan, sylvan gloves, sylvan back, sylvan legs, raja's ring.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
■1. Pulling out ranged weapon, aiming, and shooting : this time span is calculated by : Weapon Delay / 110. A successful Rapid Shot activation reduces the aiming time (the time between pulling back the string and actual firing of the shot) to 0.
■2. After shooting → putting back ranged weapon : This delay usually takes 1.7 second to 1.8 second. However, occasionally, it can take fluctuate from 1.6 second to 1.9 second
■3. "Free" phase : at this time span, melee timer is un-paused. The minimum time this delay can have is 1.1 second
it reduces your aiming time, snap shot takes affect when you draw.

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
naturally

and to clarify: i never said a 3 hit build was conventional, i just said it was capable with some help.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 02:10:16  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I call BS. Rapid shot is instant. Spellcast certainly doesn't get me when I'm chainspelling Unless you jishnuing which you just said bow vs guns... af3 > lokis by a bit. there are several better peices than af3 lets to ws in. Rajas is weak to ws in. Um af3 feet >>>>>> gules. Back is debatebal. I can garuntee you that the very very small increase in tp gain granted from using a bow doesn't outweight the gimping of your ws dmg. Jishnu's just kinda makes up for that cause of how strong it is. Then again so is wildfire so meh
well for one both the hands and legs are irreplaceable for wsing and TPing in. raja's is only slightly weaker in abyssea, 5 str AND dex goes a long ways outside. as for feet, not every ws has an agi mod (this im speaking directly about jishnu) and even then you dont need it to keep the 4 hit during ws phase. only required pieces during ws phase you need to keep on are: rose strap, loki's kaftan, sylvan gloves, sylvan back, sylvan legs, raja's ring.
Slightly? Raja is a grade A POS for anything other than jishu's or reflugent for dmg in abyssea. Legs are mediocre for dmg. And yeah and I started out by saying unless you are using jishnu's since you were just saying bows vs guns... so your agi argument is invalid!
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
it reduces your aiming time, snap shot takes affect when you draw.
Meh that is the very first part. I'd have to see it to believe it. That is some pretty fast ***after all.

And again the gain in tp gain is rediculously minimal
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:13:14  
Quote:
Slightly? Raja is a grade A POS for anything other than jishu's or reflugent for dmg. And yeah and I started out by saying unless you are using jishnu's since you were just saying bows vs guns... so your agi argument is invalid!

i already said you can drop the feet for ws phase and still keep a 4 hit np, so hush!

Quote:
Meh that is the very first part. I'd have to see it to believe it. That is some pretty fast ***after all

And again the gain in tp gain is rediculously minimal
it's .2 seconds if i remember my testing right. i have windower set to change at .1

also yes minimal, the only major pieces you have to deal with for snap shot are head and waist, you can live without it if it's a big deal

(im a 5 hit /war rng anyways)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 02:14:37  
Anyways... either way there is no Bow is zomg better than guns.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:16:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
i never said it was, just the guy that wanted to marry his annihilater thought it was reverse and yoichi was trash, which i thought was amusing considering it is by itself ws aside the strongest weapon for rng.
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-03-23 02:18:51  
Don't check my profile.
K thanks
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:19:17  
Asura.Takinagi said:
Don't check my profile.
K thanks
WOW YOU CUNTFAG THATS CHEATING
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-23 02:40:33  
Hmm I'll have to do more enmity tests once the game goes back up. I can't think of many times that I've taken hate using wildfire. I'm mostly the tank party COR so I'm a bit busy at times and perhaps it's the lack of ranged tp spam that lowers my hate. My wildfires are usually pretty decent (they're not as high as they could be since I use sea daughter as my third atma instead of 2 fire dmg 1 mab). I do know that I outparsed a DRK on Ovni without taking hate (we were trioing it with a whm). I swapped to wildfire full time after proccing blue !!! and I wsed more frequently than the DRK. I finally took hate when I used sekkanokki at the end of the fight but had I just stuck to tping and wildfiring I would not have done so.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-23 02:43:50  
well it could depend on who was your tank, like if your tank was a nin or a dnc, it's really hard to know if you pulled hate from time to time, since they hit so fast and take the hate right back.
 Cerberus.Weegie
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Weegie
By Cerberus.Weegie 2011-03-23 13:03:25  
Armagedonn WS is amazing. The only problem is ***that resists magic...

Yeah... but outside abyssea how many elemenal WS do you tend to use?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-23 14:25:03  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
i never said it was, just the guy that wanted to marry his annihilater thought it was reverse and yoichi was trash, which i thought was amusing considering it is by itself ws aside the strongest weapon for rng.
anni is better than yoichi. Much more useful aftermath. Decently higher ftp. Easier mods for rng to stack. Ws is like the most important factor on it really.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-23 16:49:44  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well it could depend on who was your tank, like if your tank was a nin or a dnc, it's really hard to know if you pulled hate from time to time, since they hit so fast and take the hate right back.

We use mnk tanks (sometimes a kannagi nin)... so yeah it's possible that the enmity change was rapid.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matix
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-03-24 20:15:16  
back in the days of salvage i could do 14k dmg in minutes as yoichi sam, dropping bosses with ease, while never even taking hate. ill tell you, from my personal experience(i have gandiva and yoichi (and KC)) that i'd never trade it back for anything. we used to have a anni rng in my ls, while the enmity - effect is nice, there was no real difference in survivability, amina would die right after me if not before, so the enmity- aftermath is kinda moot since the both coro/namas inherently have such low enmity associated with them, that most of the hate your getting is from shots/barrage.

now with the level 90 versions, coro/namas tie if not beat slug/side, one instance on altepa iron giant during piercing mode, sidewinder did 1 damage less than namas arrow, while negating the massive r.acc pentaly from side, and a r.acc buff(aftermath>barrage), i will say tho that coronach should beat slug if namas was that close to side, due to its larger ftp. enmity is not really an issue either these days(this could change 91-99/outside of abyssea stuff), the r.acc aftermath is quite nice. even in an instance where surviving long is a goal, its usually a better idea to, just die, and get up if your pulling hate, ranger only has low hp from (single)weakness, so get back up, and start firing away, unless a proc'd barrage happens, youll last until your unweak again, only downside to this is if you get double weakened, recently i was using gandiva/jr spam, til i died, then equip yoichi til i was unweak ;x, i dont mean to make it sound like some toy, because there is still a niche place for using yoichi/anni if events ever occur outside of abyssea(whether its old events or future implemented ones), or your doing something where you dont want the mob to move, i know yilbegan is kinda outdated but thats a great example,

but no matter what you hear, since anyone whos upgraded either a gun or bow, prolly favors one or the other, be sure to pick the option you want, i just want to add though, there is not a moment where i regret upgrading yoichi over gun, and i had the option to do either.
[+]