Romantically Frustrated?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Romantically frustrated?
Romantically frustrated?
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 161 162 163
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-15 08:17:51  
I think it'd me more special to be chosen as the last partner, rather than the first.
[+]
 Valefor.Lieniite
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-11-15 08:18:16  
leva said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
By insecurities, I mean that guys like to see themselves as these sexual gods. A girl having more experience than you can therefore appear quite intimidating if you are in this mindset. I don't agree it shows that they have less self-respect/dignity. That would imply that you understand the circumstances of all of her encounters, for lack of a better word. Unless you'd argue that having sex with someone always reduces your self-respect and dignity, she could simply have met a lot of great guys. Dating and sex are very much luck-based, depending highly on who you happen to meet. "Less likely to feel special" is also a question of personal feelings of security, which stems from insecurity (or potential lack thereof). It also works both ways; if you are a girl's first or second or third etc partner, can you feel special? Is she with you because you're amazing, or because she doesn't know any better? How special you feel should be based on how she treats you and how she acts around you, not based on some arbitrary number. I'm not sure if you can qualify it as being universal. I could be an extreme minority, or I could not. We'll have to get others to contribute to find out!
I wouldn't really say it's a case of intimidation and especially not due to "more experience" as can having sex with people when you're so drunk you can't/barely remember it really be classed as "experience"? Especially if you're the girl where you often just lie back and take it. Sure while I don't know the intimate details she has told me how she never really wanted to have sex with a lot of them and just was drunk/went with it which I believe supports my view. Sorry, I could see how that was going to look the way you saw it when I wrote it, I don't mean it to sound like you should feel special based solely on the number of men a girl has slept with but if you think about it honestly, a girl that gives you her virginity or a girl that has only deemed a few people worthy of sleeping with is going to make you feel far less like just another guy than someone who has slept with more/many men, and I don't think that has anything to do with insecurity.

Spoken as only a 15 year old or stupidly religious person can.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-15 08:18:17  
"I wouldn't really say it's a case of intimidation and especially not due to "more experience" as can having sex with people when you're so drunk you can't/barely remember it really be classed as "experience"? Especially if you're the girl where you often just lie back and take it."

Experience?

No sir, I believe that is called rape in the great state of New York.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-11-15 08:38:49  
Valefor.Lieniite said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You are very wrong, I never said it would be ok for an older man to sleep with a younger girl at all. (the point I made was i would believe it was rape when the boys (of which only one was 12 the rest 14 and 15, came out and said they were raped) Please don't make ***up to try win an imaginary argument. You are taking away from the point being made. If these guys arecalling girls "***" yet they see/date them..perhaps the issue is with the guys who choose to see these "***"
You just made my point for me, and I think you read my post incorrectly. In any case, you never said it was ok for an older guy to sleep with a younger girl yet you say it is ok for a younger guy to sleep with an older girl because well they wanted it right? Double standards are fun.
Please don't quote me out of context, you know what i posted ( you had to edit it out to make your last point/post) This current issue in no way relates to the sexual maturity of australian boys as dictated by the lack of punishment by Australian courts. It's about general callings of "***" to any female who is sexualy active.
I in no way edited your posts. This is posted to prove that while you oppose double standards when it comes to women being called *** you actively engage in another double standard in which you think all men want sex regardless of age and that its ok for young boys to be with older women but girls on the other hand do not always want it and it is not ok for a similar situation to happen to a girl where she is with an older man.

Point being that you actively engage in double standards that you agree with while decrying the ones you disagree with.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-11-15 08:46:49  
leva said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
By insecurities, I mean that guys like to see themselves as these sexual gods. A girl having more experience than you can therefore appear quite intimidating if you are in this mindset. I don't agree it shows that they have less self-respect/dignity. That would imply that you understand the circumstances of all of her encounters, for lack of a better word. Unless you'd argue that having sex with someone always reduces your self-respect and dignity, she could simply have met a lot of great guys. Dating and sex are very much luck-based, depending highly on who you happen to meet. "Less likely to feel special" is also a question of personal feelings of security, which stems from insecurity (or potential lack thereof). It also works both ways; if you are a girl's first or second or third etc partner, can you feel special? Is she with you because you're amazing, or because she doesn't know any better? How special you feel should be based on how she treats you and how she acts around you, not based on some arbitrary number. I'm not sure if you can qualify it as being universal. I could be an extreme minority, or I could not. We'll have to get others to contribute to find out!
I wouldn't really say it's a case of intimidation and especially not due to "more experience" as can having sex with people when you're so drunk you can't/barely remember it really be classed as "experience"? Especially if you're the girl where you often just lie back and take it. Sure while I don't know the intimate details she has told me how she never really wanted to have sex with a lot of them and just was drunk/went with it which I believe supports my view. Sorry, I could see how that was going to look the way you saw it when I wrote it, I don't mean it to sound like you should feel special based solely on the number of men a girl has slept with but if you think about it honestly, a girl that gives you her virginity or a girl that has only deemed a few people worthy of sleeping with is going to make you feel far less like just another guy than someone who has slept with more/many men, and I don't think that has anything to do with insecurity.
Spoken as only a 15 year old or stupidly religious person can.
You really like to insult people that don't agree with you huh?
 Valefor.Lieniite
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lieniite
By Valefor.Lieniite 2011-11-15 08:46:55  
If you really feel that strongy, either pm me or bump the other thread, to be honest, you are taking huge liberties and implying much of what I have said in an unrelated thread to this one.

Don't dilute this thread, bump the other if you feel so strongly.
By leva 2011-11-15 08:49:01  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I think it'd me more special to be chosen as the last partner, rather than the first.
Wise words but while you can never know you'll be the last, you'll know if you're the first (unless she's a really good liar).
By leva 2011-11-15 08:51:05  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
"I wouldn't really say it's a case of intimidation and especially not due to "more experience" as can having sex with people when you're so drunk you can't/barely remember it really be classed as "experience"? Especially if you're the girl where you often just lie back and take it." Experience? No sir, I believe that is called rape in the great state of New York.
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
"I wouldn't really say it's a case of intimidation and especially not due to "more experience" as can having sex with people when you're so drunk you can't/barely remember it really be classed as "experience"? Especially if you're the girl where you often just lie back and take it." Experience? No sir, I believe that is called rape in the great state of New York.
Then I am a rape victim :'(
By leva 2011-11-15 08:54:27  
Valefor.Uptempo said: »
Theres plenty of girls out there who will drop there knickers for anyone, just goto your local nightclub same with most the guys there aswell, would i want a realtionship with some girl who everyone has had a ride of in my local town hell no.
Also this, the point I was making. You don't have relationships with these kinds of girls.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-11-15 09:04:20  
Its amazing how quickly a thread dies when its demained.
By volkom 2011-11-15 09:14:13  
its amazing no one isn't sharing awesome love stories!

to make the rest of us frustrated
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-15 09:22:43  
It's sad what it turned into. It was a good thread.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-15 09:23:51  
I thought you guys were doing a good job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-11-15 09:27:23  
It was dead for 118 days before this...
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-15 09:27:41  
Eh, don't feel too bad, apparently we have all fallen victim to "the persona portrayed", ya know the old "you all fell into my social experiment" if my inbox is any sign. 9_9

Sorry I got so into it and contributed to derailing (or getting off topic or whatever, sorry still new to forum terminology) :(
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-15 09:28:31  
Had a use though.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-11-15 09:38:32  
Had a use though.
Still can. Or just start a new one.
By leva 2011-11-15 09:44:14  
Not my fault, just shared my situation. I didn't care to argue the meaning of the term ***, everyone in UK understood the context I used it in.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By leva 2011-11-15 13:35:36  
I thought the opposite of chaste was promiscuous? (Which is basically the definition of *** in the context I was using it)

My girlfriend is a bit of a princess, like she was in a mood with me all day today and yest cus I was talking to my ex and the girl I like in uni is a proper laugh cus she's shameless and clumsy but it's really cute. It's stupid to think of her though, as I value the wrong things really and prefer a trophy girlfriend, but hey at least I'm being honest.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By leva 2011-11-16 06:23:24  
Nah I'm not with her JUST for her looks/body/the fact everyone tries to pull her when she's out but they certainly weigh out the small things that would make me consider trying to find someone "better", I don't think I will be letting her go any time soon.

You mean now or when I'm single? When I'm single yes and I guess that makes me promiscuous but however politically correct or non-sexist we want to be it's not going to change the fact that females are treated differently to males and you can act like anyone who points it out is bad but it doesn't change the truth.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-01-30 21:53:30  
Why the *** are things so damn complicated?

A woman ive been head over heels in love with for 6-7 years will not date me. She likes me, but she will not date me. Yet when I go to try to make JUST A FRIEND, WHEN SHE ENCOURAGES ME TO GO MAKES FRIENDS, she gets into this really bad, frustrating mood for a very long time, up to the point where I cut off all ties with all my current friends. Its a jealous/emo fit I know it is, but she denies it.

The problem is she is my roommate. Yeah, I meant it when I said complicated.

What the hell can I do to alleviate this situation?

inb4 necro, I dont give a damn, this thread needs revived anyway.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2012-01-30 22:17:47  
Well, that's a rather irritating situation.

Best advice I can give you is 'move on'. She's clearly not worth the time. And if she's not putting in any effort to further your relationship--you shouldn't either. Who cares if she gets pissed off at you making friends? It's not her business. Don't let it become her business.

That said, I would focus on moving out so you don't have to deal with her, then removing her from your life/force her to accept the fact you have a life outside of her.

She's using you as a means to legitimize herself--to raise her self esteem.

tl;dr: You're putting up with bs you shouldn't be.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-30 22:24:35  
Woah this thread got bumped
By volkom 2012-01-30 22:26:14  
romantically frustrated still -.-
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-30 22:27:48  
volkom said: »
romantically frustrated still -.-
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-01-30 22:37:02  
Any woman who doesn't allow you to be near your friends is bad news. Friends will be there after lovers leave. Do NOT choose her over them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2012-01-30 22:54:04  
cute girls in my classes this semester though, going to try to pick one of them up >:
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 161 162 163