CDC Sets And Atmas?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » CDC Sets and Atmas?
CDC Sets and Atmas?
First Page 2 3 4
By Alryc 2011-02-27 22:31:31  
I recently got 85 Almace and I've been using GH/RR/Apoc but just wondering what everyone else uses. Any other combinations out there?

This is generally what I use

Anwig has 4 dex, crit hit dmg +2% and 4 agl, ws dmg+2%

Shamshir+2 is dex

Red curry bun, typically

Anything I can do to improve that build? (I'm sure there is >.>)

Also, what would be your set outside of Abyssea?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 22:38:01  
Inside abyssea I'd swap out rajas for like a high att augment jupiters or whatever the 7 dex one is. I'd also swap out breeze for a 5 dex neck
By Alryc 2011-02-27 22:47:01  
Been questing for jupiter's with attack augment but no luck yet ;;

What about atmas?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 22:55:09  
Double attack swd would be nice too.

GH and RR are kinda givens. After that kinda depends on what you are doing. I often do VV largely cause of the regain... double attack and another 25 att from str isn't too shabby.

But I often finding myself with periods of time I'm not attacking. Weather it be cause don't want to tp feed an nm. Or waiting for a pull or waiting for pt to kill other mob type.

A&O would be some nice dmg too maybe. So would omnipotent.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 23:01:39  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Inside abyssea I'd swap out rajas for like a high att augment jupiters or whatever the 7 dex one is.
yes

Quote:
I'd also swap out breeze for a 5 dex neck
no

Alryc said:
What about atmas?
Generally you're probably going to want RR/GH/Apoc. RR/Apoc/A&O can be slightly stronger if played well.

Alcide feet +1, Cuch belt, Aesir/DEX+3-4 earring only major improvements that come to mind. Outside Abyssea, not sure if I'd use MKD or Aias, would probably depend on critrate. More DEX for critrate is really the only potential change for outside Abyssea, otherwise the best items are more or less the same. Rajas as mentioned is obviously more attractive outside Abyssea than inside.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 23:04:48  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
no
It's roughly the same dmg with 5 hits... but he will be doing more than 5 fairly often
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 23:07:02  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Only way I see this being best-in-slot is if you're capping pDIF and fSTR, which given that we're talking about BLU/NIN here basically means chaining Stalwart's on EXP-level mobs. If pDIF is uncapped STR sword has a decent lead over any other option, and obviously DEX is great if you need accuracy.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-02-27 23:08:27  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
no
It's roughly the same dmg with 5 hits... but he will be doing more than 5 fairly often
Isn't it a 3 hit ws? I'd think that the gorget would be better as well
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 23:12:57  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
no
Isn't it a 3 hit ws? I'd think that the gorget would be better as well
Er whoops I was thinkinking 4 hit. Well technically it is with dualweild. That makes it pretty close to the same factoring in all the double/triple attack.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 23:14:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Only way I see this being best-in-slot is if you're capping pDIF and fSTR, which given that we're talking about BLU/NIN here basically means chaining Stalwart's on EXP-level mobs. If pDIF is uncapped STR sword has a decent lead over any other option, and obviously DEX is great if you need accuracy.
Oh I don't mean best as in highest ws I meant like overall. More wsing/DOT combine with the increase in ws dmg. Also I like to roar when stalwarts is down... not as goood but it's nice
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 23:24:20  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Quote:
no
Considering in the current build Love loses to gorget unless you assume both only +40 DEX from cruor buffs and uncapped fSTR (exact value varying by race/spell bonuses but it was ~0 fSTR with my build) if you're using RR/Apoc/A&O, it's a fair assumption to say gorget beats Love with a more practical atma setup.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-27 23:26:05  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh I don't mean best as in highest ws I meant like overall. More wsing/DOT combine with the increase in ws dmg. Also I like to roar when stalwarts is down... not as goood but it's nice
I was talking overall too. DA sword is a lousy offhand outside of the aforementioned conditions.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 23:34:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I was talking overall too. DA sword is a lousy offhand outside of the aforementioned conditions.
Meh increase dot ws frequency and ws dmg. And you will be high enough to cap sometimes withou stalwarts.

I'd have to see it worked out to be convinced a mere 24 att beats 10% double attack. If that's true then A&O is clearly better than apoc.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
サーバ: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-03-04 02:52:03  
How much damage do you guys average w/ CDC in/out of Abyssea? I have a similar (not exact) set to the one posted and range between 2 to 3.5k average, as high as 5k sometimes using GH, RR, Apoc, although the WS doesn't seem to be doing consistent damage for me, what could I be doing wrong? Or are these numbers normal.

Ocelot's are all i have atm, but trying to get alcide's crafted. Do not own a cuchulain's belt but could get one in the future. Would warwolf beat out snow belt?
 Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Alexiah 2011-03-04 03:13:13  
Hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions on my CDC set.

I wasn't too sure about a few things. I have a Snow Gorget/Belt, but have always been hesitant to use them (or any of the others I have for other WSes). I mean, I'm sure there are way better things than a Fortitude Torque to use, but still... Do they really make that much of a difference? I set a lot of spells naturally that have DEX bonuses on them, so I tried to gear for more attack and accuracy, along with sword skill, and double/triple attack. Just mainly gear that I have for STR/DEX spells, so I seem to have a good amount of STR in here as well. Anywho, any input is appreciated. Thanks!
By Alryc 2011-03-04 05:15:20  
I bounce around between 2 and 5k as well with GH/RR/Apoc. It's a crit hit ws, so you're not always going to be in the 5k area but generally, anything lower than 2.8k on exp mobs (most likely) means a missed hit or sever lack of crit on the ws. I haven't done a lot of testing outside of Abyssea but so far the hardest thing I've fought since obtaining Almace is Kirin and the highest was about 1.6k but other than that it was in the 900-1.2ish area. On easy prey dolls in Ro'Maeve the best I managed was 2.5k.

Since starting the thread I've updated my set with a few things...

Sword is generally crappy in the attack department and my set is pretty focused on dex so I eat red curry buns to give that little extra hitting power. Attack is really what drew me to Alcides+1. Outside of Abyssea, I'd go with Aias Bonnet (because my MKD head doesn't have 15 ws acc on it and Aias has more dex any way.)

I've never had a torque so I've always swapped in gorgets for ws on whatever job I'm on.

In Abyssea, with RR on you -should- be capped on acc, even more so if you have the Acc bonus trait set (which I always do) so gearing for acc on CDC is probably a lost cause unless you're fighting a mob that is unusually evasive...in which case I'd probably swap out my Cuchulain's Belt for Anguinus.

The major changes to my set comes when I SC with CDC because I hit CA/Efflux before I ws. It might be a bad habit, honestly...but I hate after using a WS I have to wait a few seconds before I can activate the JAs. So when SCing, head changes to Mavi Kavuk +2 and legs changes to Mavi Tayt +1 (still need a few stones -.-)

Food, Stalwart's Tonic and cruor buffs puts me at around 800 attack which I think helps quite a bit.

Edit: lol @ Almace being offhand. other way around.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hellblade
user: rainee
By Quetzalcoatl.Hellblade 2011-03-06 05:06:42  
Trying to figure out the order for belts for cdc from best to worst.
Have seen cuch belt, anguinus belt, snow belt, and warwolf. Can anyone put those in order from best to worst for me please? Also for back would you use the aethling mantle or nifty mantle?
By humie 2011-03-06 05:49:40  
any sugestions on my set up its mainly stacking dex and sword skill

[+]
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-03-06 08:37:30  
humie said:
any sugestions on my set up its mainly stacking dex and sword skill

what is this ***?*

*disclaimer: while the above gear may or may not be great for "other" jobs, you're in the wrong channel bub....kindly move along.
[+]
By humie 2011-03-06 08:52:48  
Quote:
what is this ***?*

*disclaimer: while the above gear may or may not be great for "other" jobs, you're in the wrong channel bub....kindly move along.

This is a thread for advice on a CDC set up, no where does it say blu only all i ask is if anyone has any usfull sugestions is to state them. IF not then ignore my post i dont really see what your issue is
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-06 09:04:38  
humie said:
Quote:
what is this ***?*

This is a thread for advice on a CDC set up, no where does it say blu only all i ask is if anyone has any usfull sugestions is to state them. IF not then ignore my post i dont really see what your issue is

Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » CDC Sets and Atmas?

:P
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-03-06 09:15:51  
So what if it's in the blue mage forum? Would you rather he create a new one in the PLD forum just so there are two identical topics floating around at the same time?

Stop being jackasses for a second and give advice if you can.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-06 09:17:11  
Sylph.Bodhizapha said:

what is this ***?*
The only kind of PLDs you'd invite to Abyssea.
[+]
 Sylph.Bodhizapha
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Bodhizapha 2011-03-06 09:18:11  
lol, its all good, i really don't have any issue with you at all, was more just busting your balls for posting pld stuff in the blu forum...and by now i assume you realize this. not sure you'll find the info you need here, try the pld threads & gl on your pld cdc build.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-06 09:20:24  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
So what if it's in the blue mage forum? Would you rather he create a new one in the PLD forum just so there are two identical topics floating around at the same time?

Stop being jackasses for a second and give advice if you can.

He just said it did'nt say anywhere it was for BLU, I just pointed out it was in the BLU forum xD
[+]
By humie 2011-03-06 12:49:56  
sorry i just picked the thread up from the front page i didnt realise it was in the blue mage section, but any advice would be welcome I know dex is the mod but if you guys have had any exerience in using att or str is better it would be greatly aprciated
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 13:54:57  
humie said:
sorry i just picked the thread up from the front page i didnt realise it was in the blue mage section, but any advice would be welcome I know dex is the mod but if you guys have had any exerience in using att or str is better it would be greatly aprciated
att and dex are good. Usually pick dex except when there is a decent amount more of att. Str is only really good in that 2 str gives 1 att lol.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-03-06 14:02:06  
Question I have both an Anguinus Belt, and a snow belt. Now I see a Cuchulain's Belt on the AH... I'm wondering if the 1.2M or more is worth it?

I'd assume definitely for outside abyssea where I don't have an ungodly amount of dex added from buffs but inside is it the best belt?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-06 14:05:03  
I really wouldn't spend the money for it. Snow belt/ang gets better to with much lower DA/TA rate and att
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-03-06 14:22:39  
Cuch is best iirc but I wouldn't say it's worth the cost (not to mention on most servers rare as hell), try and get Anguinus if you can.
First Page 2 3 4