CDC Sets And Atmas?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » CDC Sets and Atmas?
CDC Sets and Atmas?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-08 06:13:46  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh side note I think I've finished my evasion set (well for now till I get torero torque to completely cap subtle blow too).

Should only need 36 evasion to get what my thf rolls at when using evasion dagger when I tank (well less now that I've merited evasion). Think dark depths would be enough to make up for that? Would like to roll with RR GH and DD so I can CDC nice and just idle in this.

I was thinking about building an evasion set for BLU. But was gonna put more focus into evasion and less into Subtle Blow. I'll leave TP moves for headbutt.

Pieces I'd change would be Ocelot Trousers, Scouter's Rope, and Evasion Torque.

19 SB vs. +4 haste and 12 evasion and 7 evasion skill

Interesting, wouldn't be too hard considering just a few pieces would be needed since the rest are for other jobs with evasion. I don't think I could make much use out of it though, I don't ever solo for most part because its horribly inefficient when you have other means.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-08 06:16:04  
Also lol @ Malekith, so butthurt. I can't believe you blocked me from your SS when I made a logical statement and kept that other guys comment lol. Sucks I tried to help you as well, but you are just a fool it seem :/.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 12:01:10  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Wouldn't think BLU would have a problem with "not over evasion" :P
Normally no... but when you can set 120ish evasion in just atmas... and gear using trial weapons too etc
By Alryc 2011-03-08 14:09:51  
humie said:
any sugestions on my set up its mainly stacking dex and sword skill

I haven't used CDC on Paladin yet but if I did it'd be something like this...

Zahak's Mail is relatively cheap these days but for the sake of saving space and a little bit of gil, Twilight Mail wouldn't be a bad option either. Swap in af3 hands and feet if you think you need acc. Jupiter's Ring with Dex+6, Atk+whatever

Edit: forgot about Centaurus Earring, I'd probably use that over Suppa
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 14:14:29  
Needs some grim cuirass +1
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-08 14:20:31  
Heca subligar is going to be a better option for pld, but trunks are far easier to get.

Lithe boots will beat out heca boots
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Needs some grim cuirass +1

Would the attack + att from str beat out 15 dex? I've only looked at it from blu's stand point and loki's > all.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 14:27:00  
32-33 att vs 15 dex... idk maybe. It looks cool though. And might allow you to take some att off other places for more dex... idk.

I mean using fort torque is basically like trading 7 att for a potential 5 dex. Suppa 5 att for 4 dex.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-08 15:27:19  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
32-33 att vs 15 dex... idk maybe. It looks cool though. And might allow you to take some att off other places for more dex... idk.

I mean using fort torque is basically like trading 7 att for a potential 5 dex. Suppa 5 att for 4 dex.

This seems to be one of those, what's your other gear currently, what are you hitting and what atmas ect. "situational" things.

The problem that I run in to is that as a blu my attack is far lower(due to gear access) than pld and I want to do anything I can to make my Chant as awesome as possible but parsing isn't really always accurate. It can't tell you that you da'ed or Ta'ed on these hits and critted on those so the only way it can be even somewhat accurate is by having an excessively large sample size. But at the same time the damage spreadsheets that have been made are also made on some assumptions and how you use your char will likely have a larger impact than the difference between two similarly specced stats.

As an example, a white tathlum will increase my overall damage by upping my ws frequency over a tiphia but in abyssea I very often over tp due to not wanting to ruby mobs so the gain I get from the tathlum is somewhat diminished compared to the dot damage added by att.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 15:31:17  
*** it ruby that ***!!!

Idk I roll with some nice att with my blu. Like 816ish in vunkrel with drink up. Mid 700s without since I will roar alot of the time when drink is down

The point I was making is above the ratio to att to dex sacrificed on a few slots was alot worse than on grim.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-08 15:36:17  
I agree, just would like to know a bit more about average damage comparison between certain gear choices. It'd help me make more inv space if something is 'not that much better'.
By Alryc 2011-03-08 15:40:55  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
*** it ruby that ***!!!

Idk I roll with some nice att with my blu. Like 816ish in vunkrel with drink up. Mid 700s without since I will roar alot of the time when drink is down

The point I was making is above the ratio to att to dex sacrificed on a few slots was alot worse than on grim.

What's your typical sepll setup? 816 sounds about right but I usually have red curry bun + stalwart's to get to that point.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 15:45:34  
Alryc said:
What's your typical sepll setup? 816 sounds about right but I usually have red curry bun + stalwart's to get to that point.
I kinda forget been messing around with it. Off the top of my head I have benthic and quad for dmg then refresh/haste spells set. Then I set store tp (not sure if that's really helping much but meh), att bonus, auto refresh and then att bonus. After that whatever I have left goes to str/dex spells. Depending what I'm doing I might take quad or benthic out and/or might add delta thrust.

And yeah always be eating the curry buns now. Ironically my ws set has about the same att as my tp. Mostly cause I don't have tumblers yet.
By Alryc 2011-03-08 15:54:15  
I've actually never used Triumphant Roar >.>

Spell setup hasn't changed much since I got CDC but honestly I haven't looked into it...though I really should.

I dunno about Store TP...It's nice on one hand but like Sekundes said, I find myself holding tp once a mob drops below say 80% cuz I don't want to ruby it :/

That or I suck it up and use Savage Blade > Quad lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-08 16:01:45  
STP is going to help, provided you are fighting something that you can freely ws without an issue. While most think that one handers don't get much out of it when you have a 18 hit build and you can knock that down some, it does save some TP phase time. This is particularly useful for procing or spamming high tp chants for aftermath.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 16:05:29  
Oh yeah forgot to include roar. But yeah do taht since my ws and melee dmg are kinda important now.

At the very least the store tp will improve my crit rate some. Not bad since I normally have fantod set anyways and another 4 set points would probably just be another 3 dex or str
By Alryc 2011-03-08 16:17:59  
The job trait alone shaves off 2 hits which to me is sometimes the difference between no aftermath or a second CDC with aftermath still up. Pretty nice for things that don't die in one ws.

Anyone have a STP build that doesn't completely wreck the haste setup?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-08 16:21:56  
People still care about ruby light?

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
I agree, just would like to know a bit more about average damage comparison between certain gear choices. It'd help me make more inv space if something is 'not that much better'.
Most things are "not that much better". Writing the math out properly to explain why can be time-consuming, which is why it's often not done. Besides, x is better than y is usually sufficient provided the recipient is willing to take the mathematician at their word.

Quote:
But at the same time the damage spreadsheets that have been made are also made on some assumptions and how you use your char will likely have a larger impact than the difference between two similarly specced stats.
Any simulation is only as good as the level of detail you put in to it. However, as you seek higher levels of precision more and more time must be invested. You're underrating the power of some of the simulations out there though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 16:24:15  
Not really a setup... but can use Almah Torque, Gules Harness +1/loki, Rajas Ring, Hoard Ring, White Tathlum, Brutal Earring, and Tactical Mantle while still capping haste. Though might not have all that gear haste peices
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-08 16:25:54  
Also, why are we talking about x-hit builds on a DW job... Horribly imprecise concept when you're dealing with high average hits/round.
Alryc said:
The job trait alone shaves off 2 hits which to me is sometimes the difference between no aftermath or a second CDC with aftermath still up. Pretty nice for things that don't die in one ws.

Anyone have a STP build that doesn't completely wreck the haste setup?
Almace/offhand/---/White
Zelus/Almah/Suppa/Brutal
Loki's/Dusk+1/Epona's/Rajas
Atheling/Twilight/Mavi +2/Homam

is as good as you'll get afaik. Barring WT since it's already best-in-slot in situations where you're WSing freely, you're trading ~37 acc, 14 attack, and 2/tic refresh for 9 STP, 11 DEX, and critdmg+5%.

EDIT: that's assuming Almah is even worth using
 Cerberus.Sey
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2011-03-09 09:54:42  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh side note I think I've finished my evasion set (well for now till I get torero torque to completely cap subtle blow too).

Should only need 36 evasion to get what my thf rolls at when using evasion dagger when I tank (well less now that I've merited evasion). Think dark depths would be enough to make up for that? Would like to roll with RR GH and DD so I can CDC nice and just idle in this.

How's that set working for you by the way? Have you tried it on anything hard knox yet?

I saw a JP taru BLU using 2 agi swords while farming Briaerus key items last night. I then went on to lose to said NM on my NIN/DNC solo.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 12:21:02  
It's been difficult getting some peices. I had to farm ingredients and fine a crafter for pants. Still don't have earrings and trying to farm/get crafter for belt.

Belt is being a ***. Cost like 500k but never up. The peiste leather for it is jumping around in price alot. Like 20k to 150k in one day... but the skin for it is constant at 9k... so yeah farming skins.