users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Macro help
Macro help
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-03-10 16:15:59  
Right now I'm leveling BST and I'm changing 10 pieces of gear between charm and attack gear using two macros.. I do similar with my RDM macros.

What I'm wondering is if I can call a macro from another macro.

(Concept macro lines under Book2/CTRL1)
/book1/CTRL1 (half of Charm gear)
/book1/CTRL2 (second half of Charm gear)
/book1/CTRL3 (charm macro)
/book1/ALT1 (half of ATK gear)
/book1/ALT2 (second half of ATK gear)

Instead of having to press 5 separate macros, I'd use Book2 and press the CTRL1 macro and it would execute the five macro's I have to use each charm from another book.

Is something like this possible?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 16:18:52  
I've never seen anything about this being able to be done, but it would be pretty awesome >.>
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-03-10 16:22:37  
It'd make my recent woes disappear, but I wish SE'd just bite the bullet and expand macro slots so I could switch in every piece I needed, use whatever it was I was gonna use, then switch back to my main set with the press of a single button.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-10 16:26:11  
hypnotizd from "BLMs, Please listen." thread said:
I suppose it would be possible to use the ingame macro system for more than 6 gear swaps from the same macro combo by the following. But it will require you to hit he same macro 4 times for all the swapping to take place and bring you back to your starting macro set.

BLM Book Macro Set #1
CTRL+1:
/equip main itemname
/equip sub itemname
/equip ammo item name
/equip head item name
/equip neck item name
/macro set 2

BLM Book Macro Set #2
CTRL+1:
/equip ear1 itemname
/equip ear2 itemname
/equip body itemnam
/equip hands itemname
/equip ring1 itemname
/macro set 3

BLM Book Macro Set #3
CTRL+1:
/equip ring2 itemname
/equip back itemname
/equip waist itemname
/equip legs itemname
/equip feet itemname
/macro set 4

BLM Book Macro Set #4
CTRL+1
/magic "Blizard IV" <stnpc>
/macro set 1

That will allow you to hit the same macro 4 times for a complete gearswap, you can put your "/ja Charm <stnpc>" or whatever in place of the "/magic "Blizard IV" <stnpc>"
 Phoenix.Jile
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-03-10 16:35:29  
Hypnotizd said:
That will allow you to hit the same macro 4 times for a complete gearswap, you can put your "/ja Charm <stnpc>" or whatever in place of the "/magic "Blizard IV" <stnpc>"

That's cool, thanks!

Tho, I have been scouring the net because I thought I'd read someone who'd been playing with the macro's who'd found a way to call multiple macro's from any book with a press of 1 button. But for the life of me I cant find it again /sulk.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-10 16:40:43  
Oh I know what your talking of, I believe I saw the same thing for the summoner macro guide on wiki. I used it to make my macros for smn and it showed the macro for going to another book. I'll look for it to post it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-10 16:43:34  
Alyria said:
Oh I know what your talking of, I believe I saw the same thing for the summoner macro guide on wiki. I used it to make my macros for smn and it showed the macro for going to another book. I'll look for it to post it.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Summoner_Macro_Guide

Is this the one you were on about? It looks like a similar sort of thing to the one Hypnotized suggested, a very good idea really XD
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-10 16:50:05  
boo you got it before I could, damn my job's internet for being slow!

but yea you can use it to help a bit. lol

only thing is that hyp didnt put the macro for changing a book, so i think thats what he was asking for too :)

Thanks Hitetsu ^^
 Phoenix.Jile
By Phoenix.Jile 2009-03-10 17:04:49  
Thanks guys! Definitely a lot to play with there and if I find one that allows multiple macro's to be called by executing a single macro I'll post it too.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-11 09:37:29  
Jile said:
if I find one that allows multiple macro's to be called by executing a single macro I'll post it too.

You won't find this. If you were able to call macros from macros then FFXI macros would be it's own botting language. There needs to be human input for each macro press.

A way around it would be like the Logitech G15? keyboard which you can program to do it's own macros which in turn could trigger FFXI macros. Either way, if you are going that route you might as well just get windower and use the extended macros that most of PC users have already.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-11 19:18:15  
Windower scripts. You can define aliases for certain actions or groups of actions [gear change, WS, JA, etc] and then call those aliases individually or chain them together into more streamlined commands.

For example, I have some complex scripts for my WAR weaponskills. I have two macros that change what weaponskill I currently have queued up, as well as defining which gear set is equipped for either Steel Cyclone or Raging Rush. I have 3 different WS macros that chain in changing gear, buffing up with various combinations of SA, SATA, Warrior's Charge, etc, executing the weaponskill, and then changing back to whichever gear set I need outside of WS. All this goes on with a simple //ws macro for ALT+2.

I'm sure with a bit of practice you can get your BST, BLM, SMN, etc humming without having to hit 4 or more macros like Hypnotizd suggested. Personally I've created over 70 scripts for 3 main jobs and a collection of subs in the last few years, each comprising sets of aliases for JAs and WSes, different gear sets, and various actions.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-03-11 20:56:59  
As stated with the SMN macros, I use them with my SCH macros, changing between Light arts set of +MP, MND and some enfeebling, to Dark Arts enfeebling gear, and Dark Arts nuking gear, by slotting Book 1 with the three art sets, book 2 with light arts, book 3 with dark arts enfeeble, and book 4 with dark arts nuking. Each macro to take me to that said book would put in the basic gear that won't be swapped on a constant basis, and look something like this:

Example
/equip Ring1 "Astral Ring"
/equip Ring2 "Astral Ring"
/equip Main "Light Staff"
/macro set 2

so thus i would have MP rings and Light staff already slotted for curing, and then the macros inside that book to change w/e else I needed. SMN is a lot more in depth in that I have all 10 slots Ctrl and Alt 1-10 filled with something. Obviously inside the macro set there is a button to reset gear to a standing set and to return to book 1. Play around with it, you can make some crazy macro sets to pull of some interesting gear swaps and spell tossing, making people go o.O;
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-12 03:23:09  
Damn, I don't play smn, but Erecia is my idol, that is some crazy efficient macro usage O_o

Wish I'd known about /macro set 2, I'm not even going to bother trying to implement it now, I've had much the same macros for so long now I'll always hit the wrong ones if I change now... but that's so cool!