Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22381 22382 22383 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-16 08:59:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
This will go very well. One step away from getting "paid" to do repetitive actions. Like a "paycheck" for "working". How could that ever go wrong.
It's not even one step away, that's basically the whole point. If you sucker enough people into the pyramid scheme, you yourself can turn a profit.

I just had a sad thought as well. The thought that a lot of people are going to play this. There's the small community of cryptobros already out there excited to try it, and a bunch of people are going to play it either ironically or out of curiosity. Not to mention the mountain of Square-Enix stans out there.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-16 09:10:52  
Yup, it will start spectacularly (serious)! Last idk, 6 months? A year? Then instantly close and every dipshit holding the bags will be stunned, never saw it coming.

Shitload of money if you're in day one, and get out in the first month.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-16 09:19:36  
Yup, it will start spectacularly (serious)! Last idk, 6 months? A year? Then instantly close and every dipshit holding the bags will be stunned, never saw it coming.

It's going to be just successful enough that Square-Enix will keep trying. Each attempt is going to be more successful than the last until this whole "Web 3.0", "blockchain" crap is just everywhere. It'll gradually get normalized until we can't even remember video games without it.

Square-Enix's mindset appears as though if a $20M video game grosses $100M, it's a failure. But if a $20M NFT-based game grosses $22M it's going to be a wild success and proof that they need to lean into that direction.

This needs to fail. It needs to fail very hard and immediately. Not for Square-Enix, but for the gaming medium altogether.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-16 09:31:15  
If they don't call the game NFFT then they've already lost
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-16 09:46:28  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

It's going to be just successful enough that Square-Enix will keep trying. Each attempt is going to be more successful than the last until this whole "Web 3.0", "blockchain" crap is just everywhere. It'll gradually get normalized until we can't even remember video games without it.

Square-Enix's mindset appears as though if a $20M video game grosses $100M, it's a failure. But if a $20M NFT-based game grosses $22M it's going to be a wild success and proof that they need to lean into that direction.

This needs to fail. It needs to fail very hard and immediately. Not for Square-Enix, but for the gaming medium altogether.

If the human population weren't growing increasingly desperate and increasingly stupid, it would instantly fail.

People will do anything for a dollar. And be convinced it's the right thing to do cause hustle culture and monetizing your hobbies.
By Foxfire 2023-03-16 10:37:33  
Can't wait for the exposé on how gamers are hiring people for pennies to grind out these nfts for them in search of a profit

Y'know, as if it hasn't already happened with other nft games
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-16 10:42:42  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
If they don't call the game NFFT then they've already lost
Every game they've released for the last 18 years has been Not Final Fantasy Tactics and it's about time they rectified that.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-03-16 15:47:39  
Stranger of Paradise Steam release on April 7th.
https://twitter.com/SOPFFO/status/1636336931062812672

New trailer for it too. Super spoilery.
By Draylo 2023-03-16 17:17:28  
TikTok about to get the hammer!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-16 18:14:53  
That means all the dancing hoes have to make onlyclams accounts. Only thing that will change lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-03-16 20:03:46  
Sylph.Lillica said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Add 2 more zero and you can even have the Culture & Media > Hentai

It's called Hentai, and it's art.
oh hey, lurkermclurkson
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-03-17 00:09:14  
Red mage is *** unbelievable right now with the m lvls, my rdm has 4.1k hp now on tank set has more than my pld and rune just need to fix some of the macros 5 pallets is not enough ;(
By Afania 2023-03-17 05:57:29  
This will go very well. One step away from getting "paid" to do repetitive actions. Like a "paycheck" for "working". How could that ever go wrong.
It's not even one step away, that's basically the whole point. If you sucker enough people into the pyramid scheme, you yourself can turn a profit.

I just had a sad thought as well. The thought that a lot of people are going to play this. There's the small community of cryptobros already out there excited to try it, and a bunch of people are going to play it either ironically or out of curiosity. Not to mention the mountain of Square-Enix stans out there.

If you dislike the current direction, start paying for single player games lol.

Everytime a studio released a $50-$70 single player game getting 7/10 on metacritic, players left a "Not worth the price" "wait for the sale" review as plenty of 7/10-9/10 games cost $2-$10 on Steam.

In last 3 months I spent total of $4 on games despite I play video games 1-2 hr a day everyday. That's how cheap games are these days.

Eventually studios will look for different ways to make money because the market is oversaturated. There are too many games to play but not enough time to consume them all. Single player game just isn't that profitable anymore, except a selected few titles getting all the attention.

Square-Enix's mindset appears as though if a $20M video game grosses $100M,

100m gross revenue? Lol most of the Japanese single player games aren't going to hit that number.

A $50 game that sold 500k copy would make about 25m only. Cut the marketing fee, development fee, bank fee, tax, sales platform fee(which is like 30% on steam) you aren't going to see anywhere close to 100m gross revenue....not even 20m probably....

Star ocean 6 sold 44k copies in the first week btw, not anywhere close to 500k copies. Most of the old SE single player IP are dying and it is not appealing to current gen players unfortunately.

If SE wants to try for a new market, let them do it. They have 5k employee's family to feed after all.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-17 07:51:16  
Afania said: »
100m gross revenue? Lol most of the Japanese single player games aren't going to hit that number.
That's the joke I was trying to make. They've been saying every game is unsuccessful, regardless of its actual sales. It's as if they're intentionally trying to make video games look like a lost cause, presumably in an effort to make their NFT ventures look better by comparison. The joke was that even if a game grossed $100M, they'd still point at it and say "See?! Video games aren't profitable! What a failure!"
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-17 08:11:04  
/sea all Jessi

:sadge:
By Afania 2023-03-17 09:00:58  
Afania said: »
That's the joke I was trying to make. They've been saying every game is unsuccessful, regardless of its actual sales. It's as if they're intentionally trying to make video games look like a lost cause, presumably in an effort to make their NFT ventures look better by comparison. The joke was that even if a game grossed $100M, they'd still point at it and say "See?! Video games aren't profitable! What a failure!"

Yeah, those are AAA titles. because AAA games are too expensive to make so they need even more sales than AA games to make a profit. 500k-3m would be very good for an AA game, AAA games probably needs 5-10m sales or more. I've read somewhere that AAA games needs 10m sales to be considered profitable.

SE isn't the only AAA developer suffering from low sales. Ubisoft is also struggling as well. It's very difficult to sell one game to 10m people at $60-$70.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-17 09:05:55  
/random
By Pantafernando 2023-03-17 09:20:18  
Me studying for Windows OS Certification: "Starting from Windows 10, there wont be any major upgrades, but incremental channges. Supposelly all future new features will be charged as extra. But currently, its given for free by Microsoft."

Me: ow yes, please make all new feature paid, so that I can simply not have any. Personally, I feel like 9 out 10 new features for any system are things I never asked, I never felt like I needed, and that I felt like I have a really hard time to adapt.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-17 09:22:43  
ugh... the official training material has like 650 pages for the first part... and I would like to have both parts done by the end of my vacation (in more 10 days).

I dont feel like its happening...
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-17 09:25:26  
Thunderjet said: »
Red mage is *** unbelievable right now with the m lvls, my rdm has 4.1k hp now on tank set has more than my pld and rune just need to fix some of the macros 5 pallets is not enough ;(
I think I had 8.

I did love XI's RDM.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-17 16:43:13  
Lance Reddick is dead rip Zavala
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-17 16:59:20  
Dead of natural causes at 60, damn
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-17 19:56:37  
Dead of natural causes at 60, damn
60 is too young to die and too old for the live fast die young leave a good looking corpse bit.

/comfort
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-17 21:53:02  
The teaser is out for the NFT game:

https://nichegamer.com/symbiogenesis-first-teaser-over-10000-characters/

And, it seems, a prerelease event which had a few problems:

https://www.siliconera.com/square-enix-symbiogenesis-nft-treasure-hunt-member-card-cap-being-raised/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/90753/square-enixs-nft-game-will-only-let-3-people-play-the-last-mission/index.html
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-17 21:56:51  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-17 22:13:47  
As you bring up that group, I'm still waiting for them to do as their name says and die, cause they're generally not funny at all...
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-18 05:54:10  
diablo 4 LOOks *** lit
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-18 07:41:10  
As you bring up that group, I'm still waiting for them to do as their name says and die, cause they're generally not funny at all...
Eiryl has no sense of humor, confirmed.

What a shame...
First Page 2 3 ... 22381 22382 22383 ... 22553 22554 22555