Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22380 22381 22382 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-14 18:26:57  
Jetackuu said: »
Find a project to start. tl;dr make work
And if you can't make up something work-related, start drafting up a tabletop RPG engine like yours truly xD
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-15 03:51:53  
Those new tiktok filters are scary.. catfishing gonna get worse and worse.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-03-15 06:16:46  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I just watched my friend play the Final Fantasy VIII demo on their Twitch stream. Apparently the song used during the landing in the demo was cut and replaced (which made it hard to find). But what struck me to look for it was that it sounds so much like the main battle theme for Treasures of Aht Urhgan that I'd be willing to bet Mizuta salvaged the scrapped song and used it as a foundation for the song we've spent countless hours slaughtering colibri to.

"Raid on Dollet", time stamped to 0:56
"Mercenaries' Delight"

I remember reading that the original track was changed due to similarities with some movie track. Fear of a plagiarism claim I guess?
Thankfully I like the new track just fine.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 08:27:47  
A thing that really annoys me is when, right before the final fights, or even during it, the heroes starts to lecturing the final boss.

My ideal type of hero would start the clash simple and easy: “talk is cheap. Im here to kill you, you are here to kill me. So, lets gets straight to the business”.

That, would be way more cooler than some arrogant kid/teenage believing he is better than the other.

Everyone has their own motivation. There is no rights or wrongs. Get off of your high horse
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-15 08:45:10  
Because good and evil are both usually a matter of perspective, that scene in a game tends to be one of the only time a hero is given to have moral high ground. The hero is trying to use words, only resorting to violence as a means of self-defense. This is especially true in movies, where there doesn't have to be a climactic fight for gameplay purposes.

Hero confronts villain.
Hero tells villain that "there's another way".
Villain lashes out at hero.
Villain oversteps and finds themselves in a perilous position.
Hero tries one last desperate attempt to save villain.
Villain does not accept that either.
Villain dies to their own hubris.
Hero gets to walk away with a clean conscience.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-15 08:50:31  
Think of how much more stabby you could have with zero talkie!

No one cares about the dialogue, wasted months of effort on a story you forget while playing. Use those months for more bosses.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 09:11:32  
In a sense, lecturing a villain in the end only means, for the high horse hero, that winning will make him/her the correct one.

Only that concept kinda destroy any supposed high morals someone suppose to have: that through force, he/she will push his/her ideals to the world after the battle.

Thats no different than simply subjulgation of the loser. None entitle to be "correct" would agree with that being something "moral".
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-15 09:11:33  
The last fight in Endwalker is something that SE had been building up to for three expansions so OF COURSE there is dialog right before you have at it.

I wanted a 'Can't we discuss this over coffee or something" line but no such thing exists in the dialog choices.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-15 09:30:58  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Think of how much more stabby you could have with zero talkie!
That's basically how they design most online multiplayer experiences, and probably why they're so popular. People don't want story, they want endless gameplay :P
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2023-03-15 09:54:04  
WTB Politics and religion thread, would donate 500 Dollars
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 10:08:16  
Did you forget like 4 zeros?
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 10:09:34  
Then we can talk
 Bahamut.Drumskull
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-15 10:10:08  
Pantafernando said: »
Then we can talk
*** man thats alot good bye
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 10:10:46  
Add 2 more zero and you can even have the Culture & Media > Hentai
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-15 10:47:43  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
If you need to vent about something, you could always do it in PM.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-15 10:48:19  
BG is still the lawless land of P&R
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-15 11:42:18  
Has anyone played any tabletop RPGs with good vehicle mechanics? Particularly large-scale vehicles like pirate ships or space ships. The only rulebooks I have access to are D&D, which doesn't have such mechanics, and Shadowrun, which only focuses on small-scale stuff.

I can't seem to find anything else from other people I know, and anything I find online looks virus-infested at best.

I just want to see how other games give stats to their vehicles so I have something to compare mine to.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-15 12:35:15  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
If you need to vent about something, you could always do it in PM.

Jessikah's mailbox is the new P&R.

I believe we can do it with only 500 bucks.

You can sent to my account the deposit so we can proceed woth the operations
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-03-15 12:35:59  
My ideal type of hero would start the clash simple and easy: “talk is cheap. Im here to kill you, you are here to kill me. So, lets gets straight to the business”.
Jack has a very similar kind of attitude in Stranger of Paradise. It's one of the reasons I love the game.
I really hope we get more games like this, but given SE's pattern of ridiculously high sales expectations for even their budget titles, I'd be surprised if we even get a Complete Edition release at this point. ._.;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2023-03-15 12:44:59  
Has anyone played any tabletop RPGs with good vehicle mechanics? Particularly large-scale vehicles like pirate ships or space ships. The only rulebooks I have access to are D&D, which doesn't have such mechanics, and Shadowrun, which only focuses on small-scale stuff.

I can't seem to find anything else from other people I know, and anything I find online looks virus-infested at best.

I just want to see how other games give stats to their vehicles so I have something to compare mine to.

You could try Lancer RPG?

It isn't quite 'vehicles' but more mecha based. I know it handles vehicles in a similar fashion to their mecha.

For large scale space ships, look at Scum & Villainy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-15 13:00:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
You could try Lancer RPG?

It isn't quite 'vehicles' but more mecha based. I know it handles vehicles in a similar fashion to their mecha.
Our group's primary DM wanted to run a one-shot using Lancer, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm thankful that you mentioned it, because I actually do have a rulebook for Lancer on my PC already!

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
For large scale space ships, look at Scum & Villainy.
I just found this. Thanks for the recommendation!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-03-15 19:52:36  
Playing Theatrhythm Final Bar Line has really solidified my opinion on some things.
1. Dissidia Arcade/NT was not only disappointing in terms of gameplay and the quality of some character models, but also in terms of music. Some of the arrangements from that game are just outright bad.
2. Record Keeper's soundtrack is full of incredible arrangements, and I love the use of parts from other pieces, like overworld music, to add a twist to some battle pieces. Battle on the Big Bridge FFRK ver 2 is probably my favorite rendition of the piece across the entire franchise (which is saying something, considering just how many there are...).

But on a slightly down note about FBL, did we really need like 10+ different versions of Battle on the Big Bridge, when some songs don't even get 1 full version? The original Dancing Mad is only like 1/3 of the song, if that. Answers is similarly missing chunks from the beginning and end. One-Winged Angel -Rebirth- is only the final phase part, missing the 2 (3?) phases before it, and this issue affects all the FF7R boss music in the game in some form.
Fun game overall though; I'll probably be playing it on and off for years to come. :3
EDIT: Oh, but I hope whoever designed some of these charts steps on a Lego.
By Draylo 2023-03-15 20:44:06  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
BG is still the lawless land of P&R

um no lol. It only has a handful of posters these days, the majority of them are far left radicals and will shout you down or get you suspended for any contrary opinion. I'll never forget a poster saying "Draylo is always contrary to the group think, hes not worth responding to." You can't make that up.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-03-15 22:06:06  

It's called Hentai, and it's art.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-03-15 23:26:52  
Draylo said: »
I'll never forget a poster saying "Draylo is always contrary to the group think, hes not worth responding to." You can't make that up.

Sounds just like P&R, except you would be blocked for not agreeing with certain opinions.
 Sylph.Lillica
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lillica
By Sylph.Lillica 2023-03-16 01:47:59  
Jetackuu said: »

It's called Hentai, and it's art.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-16 05:08:39  
Well... i kinda rushed to end XB3. Following spoilers for random rants and analysis.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-16 07:52:52  
News on Square-Enix's first wholly NFT game. There's a trailer that doesn't show any gameplay, and an internal chart that explains how it makes them money.
By Pantafernando 2023-03-16 07:55:55  
On a side note (heavy spoilers on XB ahead)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-16 07:57:07  
Oh yes, shorting SE as soon as that starts.

Earn "money" "playing" this game and "use" "money" to "buy" in game. Plus advertise and reward your highest "earners"

This will go very well. One step away from getting "paid" to do repetitive actions. Like a "paycheck" for "working". How could that ever go wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 22380 22381 22382 ... 22574 22575 22576