Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22379 22380 22381 ... 22567 22568 22569
By Draylo 2023-03-12 20:46:45  
Jetackuu said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Is it only me that, when reading “sahagin”, first read “sayajin”?

I mean I always read "Sean" as "seen" not "Shawn" /shrug.

I should have a thing over the a to show its pronounced differently, but most in US don't use that.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-12 22:09:53  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You are correct.

I fail to see what that has to do with its lack of auto-translate jokes though.

I mean I think {away} {throne room} {drain} {lizard} doesn't much work in other languages.

Because there's less reason to use the feature, there's less people that see it, and therefore less funny people to make jokes with it.

Also no JP base to inject their own jokes and terms into it that other languages adopt.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-12 22:52:34  
I just watched my friend play the Final Fantasy VIII demo on their Twitch stream. Apparently the song used during the landing in the demo was cut and replaced (which made it hard to find). But what struck me to look for it was that it sounds so much like the main battle theme for Treasures of Aht Urhgan that I'd be willing to bet Mizuta salvaged the scrapped song and used it as a foundation for the song we've spent countless hours slaughtering colibri to.

"Raid on Dollet", time stamped to 0:56
"Mercenaries' Delight"

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-03-12 23:39:10  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I just watched my friend play the Final Fantasy VIII demo on their Twitch stream. Apparently the song used during the landing in the demo was cut and replaced (which made it hard to find). But what struck me to look for it was that it sounds so much like the main battle theme for Treasures of Aht Urhgan that I'd be willing to bet Mizuta salvaged the scrapped song and used it as a foundation for the song we've spent countless hours slaughtering colibri to.

"Mercenaries' Delight"

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was intentional. The Final Fantasy series has a lot of recycled motifs, although usually you will see that happen more with a single composer (there are a lot of "Nobuo-isms" in the earlier games).
By Draylo 2023-03-13 00:56:39  
I got scammed from two different GK resin sites, I wish I could get them back somehow lol.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-03-13 01:58:43  
Draylo said: »
I got scammed from two different GK resin sites, I wish I could get them back somehow lol.
:rage:
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-13 07:08:57  
Holy wowzers. Welcome back to 2008. (It's going to be so, so much worse)

all weekend:
We're not bailing out the banks

Today: we're covering all deposits and spending trillions but it's "not a bailout"

As long as you don't call it a bailout, it's fine.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-13 07:59:31  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was intentional. The Final Fantasy series has a lot of recycled motifs, although usually you will see that happen more with a single composer (there are a lot of "Nobuo-isms" in the earlier games).
It was on the cutting room floor, and they probably just wanted to recycle it. And it's honestly a pretty decent song. Uematsu himself might have even asked Mizuta to give it a second chance.
By Afania 2023-03-13 08:11:32  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Holy wowzers. Welcome back to 2008. (It's going to be so, so much worse)

Well.....25 banks failed in 2008 and 140 banks failed in 2009, none in 2022 and only 3 in 2023 so far I think.

So.....162 more to go I guess!

(I personally think it's not going to be worse than 2008 because of many reasons but I am waiting to be proven wrong....)
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2023-03-13 08:43:31  

"Mercenaries' Delight"

I was playing the West Ronfaure theme on piano when a friend of mine said "I love that song. It's from FFX right? To Zanarkand?" and then it hit me.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-13 09:22:22  
As long as you don't call it a bailout, it's fine.
As long as its the stockholders that are left holding the bag and not the taxpayers, its fine.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-13 09:30:48  
This crash may or may not be bigger but it's so much faster. The last one is fresh enough to remember. Hell fresh enough the same people are experiencing it again.
By Draylo 2023-03-13 10:50:46  
But crypto going up
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-13 11:50:17  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-13 12:01:10  
I find it really challenging to speak praise of something without comparing it to something else. And that always comes across as insulting that something else, especially if the audience has a bias for it already.

Even though I try really hard to be subjective, someone always demands context, which requires some sort of grounding by way of comparison, and that's invariably something that they themselves know and like.

Maybe it's a "me" issue, but I don't think so. I honestly wouldn't doubt if that's where a lot of divisiveness comes from on the internet. I used to laugh at the idea of:
"I like applies."
"Oh so you just hate oranges, do you?!"

...But the more I think about it, those conversations usually go like this:
"I like apples."
"What do you like about them?"
"I dunno. They're sweet and meaty. I don't really like tartness."
"What do you mean? What do you consider tart?"
"Like... oranges, maybe?"
"Oh so you just hate oranges, do you?!"
By Afania 2023-03-13 12:54:02  
This crash may or may not be bigger but it's so much faster. The last one is fresh enough to remember. Hell fresh enough the same people are experiencing it again.

Well yeah that's because everyone is panicking and withdrawing, so emotions spread quickly. This is different situation from 2008 btw, which was a full-blown recession.

Once this emotion is gone and people stop withdrawing the situation should stabilize.

The government already acted and stock/crypto market already recovered right after the announcement, I feel this panic emotion has gone down quite a bit. If they didn't act the situation may snowball so it is the right move imo.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-13 13:19:52  
Someone needs to tally up the total screen time for the zombies in the last of us, cause like, while good, there's like 5 minutes of monsters total lol

7 solid hours of protags and 5 minutes of zombie noms.

Same complaint for walking dead, it shifted hard away from zombies
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-13 13:35:42  
Draylo said: »
But crypto going up

Here the press is posting about a suposed scan some players from a soccer team that invested like 20 millions in a crypto-based investment... And now they say that it was a scan, that the money simply vanished.

Im not sure how much it was actually stolen, or actually lost because this is a high risk investment.

Anyway, the soccer player that was leading the investment is currently under investigation. To see the next episodes of this.
[+]
By Rips 2023-03-13 13:38:43  
Someone needs to tally up the total screen time for the zombies in the last of us, cause like, while good, there's like 5 minutes of monsters total lol

They definitely crafted The Last Of Us to be a drama as opposed to an action thriller. Still a 10/10 show for me. They either adapted to the game correctly or expanded on all the right moments.

I wanted it to be 10 episodes but then I later learned that episode 1 was supposed to be episode 1 and 2 and they just combined them together.
By Dodik 2023-03-13 14:21:24  
Still a bit too "gamey" for me. Literally took the "Ellie runs away from you and you have to chase after her" scenes straight from the game.

Great show, but it could stand to make certain scenes a little more life like.

9/10 show for me.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-13 20:24:54  
There are many things far worse than the transition to daylight "savings" time.

But at 5 in the biological AM its REALLY hard to think of one.

Pantafernando said: »
Im not sure how much it was actually stolen, or actually lost because this is a high risk investment.
In the short run it doesn't mater. Also why not both?

A LOT of scams start out trying to cover losses on something that started out real but plummeted like a Monty Python sheep. Often, but not near always BECAUSE high risk investment.
By Jetackuu 2023-03-13 20:29:38  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »

"Mercenaries' Delight"

I was playing the West Ronfaure theme on piano when a friend of mine said "I love that song. It's from FFX right? To Zanarkand?" and then it hit me.

I chuckle as both are on my playlist...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-13 20:55:57  
Samesies.

It's funny too because both are composed by Uematsu in games where he wasn't the main composer. I think that might even be the only(?) song he made for X and only one of the three(?) he made for XI.
(EDIT: Nope! I was way out to lunch with the above paragraph!)
By Viciouss 2023-03-13 22:11:04  

Agreed, the lack of infected took away the urgency for me. Like, why do we need a cure if the danger is this scarce? It was a good show, but the middle episodes in Kansas City were bad. That should have just been the one episode and the finale should have been a two parter. 8/10
By Draylo 2023-03-13 22:30:41  
It was kinda meh overall for me, I definitely thought the same about the lack of infected but I never played the game so I wasn't sure if it was like that.
By Jetackuu 2023-03-13 22:45:46  
Samesies.

It's funny too because both are composed by Uematsu in games where he wasn't the main composer. I think that might even be the only(?) song he made for X and only one of the three(?) he made for XI.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X

has the tracks and who did what, and a lot more information too...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-13 22:53:14  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X

has the tracks and who did what, and a lot more information too...
Whoa! He did a lot more for X than I thought!
By Pantafernando 2023-03-14 16:06:49  
Talking about genitals....

But the common posture wielding a medium/large sized sword is kinda... obscene...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-14 18:02:32  
Anyone got any tips on making time pass a little faster when work's slow? Work doesn't usually drag for me, even when it's slow, thanks to having internet access...

But today and this week are just like pulling teeth. I'm going a little crazy.
By Jetackuu 2023-03-14 18:08:31  
Find a project to start. tl;dr make work
First Page 2 3 ... 22379 22380 22381 ... 22567 22568 22569