Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22378 22379 22380 ... 22576 22577 22578
By Viciouss 2023-03-10 22:00:22  
You have to upgrade to PS+ Extra to access it. I just want to buy it, but I can't find it anywhere for purchase.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-10 22:41:23  
tbh you get all of the games worth playing on playstation besides the new GoW with PS extra so it's honestly worth the $100/yr or whatever
By Draylo 2023-03-11 00:04:41  
Im subbed but it kinda annoys me all those games I bought keep going "free". Horizon only a year later.. no incentive to buy day1 really.
By Draylo 2023-03-11 00:07:49  
Took the train earlier for first time in ages since uber is ridiculous when it rains. So many crazies but a lot of regular people too. NY would be so perfect if they could get rid of all the bums and crazies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-11 04:58:30  
When the chatGPTs and others start to maturing to the point they can basically perform every type of intellectual service human beings can do, and when all major companies controll every single service a human being requires, then we all gonnna be buns, homeless people living for a small rotten bread distributed by the government.

Spend all the day is sleeping, eating, shitting and ***.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-11 07:29:06  
We will all be dead from the resource (water) wars before that.

The ones who survive that, get killed by the AI long before they get to the stage where we benefit from it enough to cancel capitalism like that.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-11 09:32:24  
Viciouss said: »
As long as FF14 continues to bring in immense profits, these low budget single player games really don't matter. SE will be alright.
Forspoken was not low budget.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Honestly if I were in SE's shoes I'd abandon hope of trying to strike it big and do what I do best: maximize profits from online and mobile games.
Mobile payed off for them big time during the height of the pandemic. The last two financial reports, not so much.

WoW during its peak is a very bad example because no other game has ever gotten close to that. XIV has gotten close to modern WoW figures, but it hasn't touched its peak.
With the ShB invasion of WoW refugees XIV passed WoW subscription numbers BIG TIME. IDK about today though.

And that relates back to the profitability discussion above. ShB just has to be a peak for XIV.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-11 09:35:23  
Draylo said: »
Took the train earlier for first time in ages since uber is ridiculous when it rains. So many crazies but a lot of regular people too. NY would be so perfect if they could get rid of all the bums and crazies.
Wouldn't be New York city without the bums and the crazies.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-11 11:24:20  
Im subbed but it kinda annoys me all those games I bought keep going "free". Horizon only a year later.. no incentive to buy day1 really.
I've thought the same thing. They try to encourage it with FOMO pre-purchase stuff and reward campaigns in most games. Or if it's any kind of skill-based PvP game, the concept of everyone straight-up being better than you because you waited too long.

But because I try to avoid all of that, I tend to wait for most games to go on sale. At worst I just miss out on the fun talks with people who are beating the games alongside me.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-11 12:56:45  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Mmos don't make a lot of money
Perfect time for me to ask a question I've ALWAYS wondered. During the WoW boom, they like 10M+ subscribers. $15 a month. That's 150M USD a month. Does it REALLY cost that much to design/produce/implement an MMO?

A) WoW during its peak is a very bad example because no other game has ever gotten close to that. XIV has gotten close to modern WoW figures, but it hasn't touched its peak.

B) The average MMO doesn't make a lot of money relative to more profitable projects. If you look at earnings reports you'll see that games with MTX, extremely large franchises, and mobile games (falls close in with mtx) make many times more than even the most successful MMOs. For Activision/Blizzard, games like Candy Crush Saga and CoD obliterate even WoW's profitability. The reason XIV looks so good on SE's report is cause they have basically nothing else. Majority of their "high quality" AAA releases in the last 20 years have been financially successful in terms of not losing them money but not blowout hits or massive money generators.

This is why the gaming industry has taken the shifts that it has over the last couple of decades. We can whine and complain about it but ultimately we are no longer the target demographic. We aren't the cash cows.
Doesn't XIV have MTX via the Mog Store? People pay through the nose for new glams.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-11 16:35:08  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Are you even in NYC if there isn't a guy with hair down to his shoulders and a beard to his belly button holding a piece of cardboard saying "our masters are coming" in Rockefeller Center?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-11 19:40:06  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Are you even in NYC if there isn't a guy with hair down to his shoulders and a beard to his belly button holding a piece of cardboard saying "our masters are coming" in Rockefeller Center?
I'm a 1944 model. I knew the NYC of the '50s and '60s. I assure you that in the midcentury, when people got dressed up to go to the city, there were STILL bums and crazies.

They have probably always been there, guaranteed before we even outgrew the wall at Wall Street. I mean a village doesn't have have to be big before it can have a village idiot.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-11 20:08:41  
They've just been really violent lately, the pandemic drove them mad I guess or the large spike in drugs. Reminds me of how violent they were in San Fran when I visited a couple years ago. Just too many drugged up crazies.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-12 00:47:42  
Is it only me that, when reading “sahagin”, first read “sayajin”?
By Afania 2023-03-12 01:09:42  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Mmos don't make a lot of money
Perfect time for me to ask a question I've ALWAYS wondered. During the WoW boom, they like 10M+ subscribers. $15 a month. That's 150M USD a month. Does it REALLY cost that much to design/produce/implement an MMO?

Pretty sure MMO was the most profitable genre in Asia(especially South Korea and China) from 2003-2011, many of WoW sub was from China if I remember correctly. but MMO craze in Asia is pretty much replaced by MOBA and Mobile games now. Player's preference has changed.

And it is indeed quite costly to make MMO compare with many other genres. From what I've heard when it comes to development difficulty it's roughly:AAA>MMO>FTG,TCG>FPS,3D action>side scroll, turn based, sim> VN, P&C adventure, puzzle. Of course the hierarchy may change slightly depends on the budget and quality in that category.

That being said, any multi-player focused genre very much relies on having large amount of users at once. Nobody will want to play MMO/MOBA/trading card type of game without other players. So compare with single player games, multi-player games will need a much higher marketing and operational budget. You either get many players at once and make money, or you don't.

Further more, MMO is quite time consuming compare with other genres. If I have 2 hours of free time a day, I can consume 1 4-6hr single player games in 2-3 days, and 10-15 single player games in a month. If I play mobile game I can play at work, on bus or even when I go to bed since mobile game auto grinds itself these days. That means I can consume 1+ mobile game + 1 single player game at once because mobile games don't consume my free time that much.

If I play MMO like FFXI that will use all my free time for it and I can probably play 1 game per month.

Therefore MMO market is actually quite exclusive because every consumer has limited free time but MMO is competing with every other entertainment for that time slot.

It's probably one of the toughest genre to make money in today's market overall. Mostly because of how the market is.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-12 01:37:19  
Someone working on a retranslation of wild arms 2, hopefully they get to finish it. The script for the game has def not aged well lol

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-12 05:02:37  
Gawd damn it. It's spring forward day and no one was bitching about it so I forgot.

Wake up for muh Gain-Money and it doesn't start til 7 now U_U
By Afania 2023-03-12 07:59:48  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ah, the full blown economic collapse started today. What a time to be alive. I've lost count of "once in a life time events"

You missed the 2000/2008 party, lol. Btw economic collapse happens roughly once 10-15 years so most adults who lived long enough would experience it 3+ times per life....
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-12 11:27:19  
By Jetackuu 2023-03-12 11:28:44  
Pantafernando said: »
Is it only me that, when reading “sahagin”, first read “sayajin”?

I mean I always read "Sean" as "seen" not "Shawn" /shrug.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2023-03-12 11:36:14  
Someone working on a retranslation of wild arms 2, hopefully they get to finish it. The script for the game has def not aged well lol

i recently played BOF2 with re translation the diffrence is night and day,
By Pantafernando 2023-03-12 13:39:22  
The text are so different that there isnt really an objective comparison between both. Seems more like a subjective opinion what text seems more fitting to the scene being shown.

Personally, i feel like the short and crude original version texts are more nostalgic of when i played it,

Also, Ryu ansering with No and Yes is way more fitting for a silent hero than “okie dokie”, “you betcha”, “*** no!” Alternatives
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-12 18:25:31  
FFXI's auto-translate feature needs a lot more recognition. What an insanely cool feature. A newbie Japanese player reached out to me for help and I was able to help them because of it. *Mentor flex*
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-12 18:27:29  
A third bank collapsing, gonna be a funday monday
[+]
By Draylo 2023-03-12 19:30:39  
Pantafernando said: »
The text are so different that there isnt really an objective comparison between both. Seems more like a subjective opinion what text seems more fitting to the scene being shown.

Personally, i feel like the short and crude original version texts are more nostalgic of when i played it,

Also, Ryu ansering with No and Yes is way more fitting for a silent hero than “okie dokie”, “you betcha”, “*** no!” Alternatives

For wild arms 2 some of the dialogue that was translated originally literally makes no sense, they did a horrible job honestly.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-12 19:47:39  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
FFXI's auto-translate feature needs a lot more recognition. What an insanely cool feature. A newbie Japanese player reached out to me for help and I was able to help them because of it. *Mentor flex*
XIV has the auto-translate feature too but XIV has no auto-translate jokes. A big disappointment.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-12 20:02:58  
XIV has the auto-translate feature too but XIV has no auto-translate jokes. A big disappointment.
I don't remember so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought XIV separated its servers by region.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-12 20:22:26  
You are correct.

I fail to see what that has to do with its lack of auto-translate jokes though.

I mean I think {away} {throne room} {drain} {lizard} doesn't much work in other languages.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-12 20:39:08  
these days it's less useful anyways. google glass+google translate make any text easily translatable if someone really wants to communicate with you
First Page 2 3 ... 22378 22379 22380 ... 22576 22577 22578