Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22356 22357 22358 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-30 15:49:06  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
HBO hits when it wants to.

For every other time that it doesn't want to hit, there's season 8 Got and Velma

They didn't let 'Westworld' finish its arc. I know its popularity had drastically fallen off, but most considered season4 to be moving back towards its origins and a lot of critics were damn excited to see the conclusion. I'll never forget that Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy didn't get the opportunity to present us with their entire vision.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-30 15:52:45  
That whole 4th season was just an entirely different show.

They got so far off the rails the tracks didn't even exist anymore lol.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-01-30 16:08:21  
MCN is really good after the buffs in 6.3, not too unusual. Beats every other rDPS besides BLM and it's only about 200 behind that. The fact they can toss out a Reprisal now is huge too. Gives MCN 2 10% party mitigation abilities.

It's actually nice to hear since I did enjoy MCH when it first came out and the current iteration looks fun but I never leveled it either sadly. I just recall seeing so many memes about how dead MCH was, heh.
By Pantafernando 2023-01-30 16:54:19  
Yeah, today was not a good day
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-30 17:02:12  
So I think to myself, "Oh, now that I'm like 1/3rd of the way into WoTG I can probably advance Rhapsodies until I get the KI that lets me get Campaign Evals every hour."

*looks up how many Rhapsodies missions I gotta do to get to that point*

"Ooh, ah, oh well. I guess I don't *need* to rank up in WoTG super fast for any particular reason."
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-30 17:47:00  
Pantafernando said: »
Yeah, today was not a good day

Ups and downs, roll with the punches.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-01-30 18:21:25  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
The Omega Protocol was cleared about half an hour ago and they fielded a MCH in their clear. Wild to think that what is considered the worst DPS of XIV to be in the world first kill for this fight. Might have something to do with buff limitations though from what I understand.

Even though I don't play XIV anymore, looking forward to seeing the clear video(s) when they are released.
And the team was apparently caught using plugins. Somebody (likely one of their analysts) uploaded a video from their prog yesterday showing the DRG POV using plugins to allow them to zoom out and see the entire arena and mark the players' hitboxes, and maybe other stuff. They made the video public shortly after their announcement of the clear.
I can't wait to see how the average player gets *** over this time!
dipshit@SE said:
We will be removing the ability to change camera distance during combat.
Also, you want to see your hitboxes? All hitboxes now correspond to the character models. Lalafell are BiS. *** everyone else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-01-30 21:41:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That whole 4th season was just an entirely different show.

They got so far off the rails the tracks didn't even exist anymore lol.

You're without a doubt right, and definitely the majority opinion. There just was a (albeit smaller) segment of the audience that appreciated the journey, rails or not, and liked the overall evolution it was taken.

Oh, and HBO even took it off their streaming platform completely, and plan to sell it to some other service. At least at the end of S4 I could see a concept of "oh, its all loops, here we are right back at the start of the audience's loop".
By Draylo 2023-01-30 21:46:01  
They did velma dirty, she was always one of my favorites.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-30 22:06:21  
Draylo said: »
They did velma dirty, she was always one of my favorites.
A person I'm subscribed to on YouTube made a YTP-style rewrite of the first episode of that new Velma show, making it significantly more entertaining and watchable.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-01-31 07:26:01  
Leon Kasai said: »
The Omega Protocol was cleared about half an hour ago and they fielded a MCH in their clear. Wild to think that what is considered the worst DPS of XIV to be in the world first kill for this fight. Might have something to do with buff limitations though from what I understand.

Even though I don't play XIV anymore, looking forward to seeing the clear video(s) when they are released.
And the team was apparently caught using plugins. Somebody (likely one of their analysts) uploaded a video from their prog yesterday showing the DRG POV using plugins to allow them to zoom out and see the entire arena and mark the players' hitboxes, and maybe other stuff. They made the video public shortly after their announcement of the clear.
I can't wait to see how the average player gets *** over this time!
dipshit@SE said:
We will be removing the ability to change camera distance during combat.
Also, you want to see your hitboxes? All hitboxes now correspond to the character models. Lalafell are BiS. *** everyone else.

Welp, time to see what the response will be.

1.5hrs in the next PLL talking about third party tools again.

The memes have been great, heh >>
By Pantafernando 2023-01-31 08:35:29  
Working in a subsidiary is never easy….
By RadialArcana 2023-01-31 08:39:53  
It will never not be funny to me thinking back to how I and everyone else used to dream of how amazing things were going to be in 2020+, the movies, the games, the tv shows and society in general.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-31 09:13:56  
I guess its not surprising none anymore:

News: “Old lady orders a table and receive an unexpected surprise”.

Then me: “nah, it cant be a ***”.

News: “its a ***!”

Orly
By Thunderjet 2023-01-31 09:32:09  
YouTube Video Placeholder

online mega man
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-31 09:47:16  
RadialArcana said: »
It will never not be funny to me thinking back to how I and everyone else used to dream of how amazing things were going to be in 2020+, the movies, the games, the tv shows and society in general.

As bad as that looks, it's even worse than that. There needs to be fire, and poison. Maybe a sun with a flame thrower, and a random tornado made of bullets.

Simply failing to meet expectations really does reality injustice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-31 09:59:03  
RadialArcana said: »
Movies: "Now that we've hooked people on our cinematic universes, it doesn't matter how bad subsequent releases are because FOMO and the SCF oblige them to consume it!"

Games: "You want some Battle Passes and Loot Boxes with that?"

TV Shows: "Spin the wheel! Do you watch this show to show it support so it gets more seasons, but risk it being cancelled before it reaches a satisfying conclusion? Or do you cross your fingers and hope it reaches its conclusion before starting to watch it, thus reducing its chances of seasonal renewal?"

All of the above: "You get sexual harassment! YOU get sexual harassment! EVERYBODY GETS SEXUAL HARASSMENT!!"
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-01-31 10:46:51  
Regarding Illicit Activities in The Omega Protocol (Ultimate)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-31 10:57:59  
Welp, time to see what the response will be.

1.5hrs in the next PLL talking about third party tools again.

The memes have been great, heh >>

Quote:
The ultimate raid series is the most difficult battle content within FFXIV, and we release this content after testing that it can be cleared without the use of any third-party tools. However, if the presumption is that this content will be tackled and cleared with the use of third-party tools, then any reason to develop high-difficulty battle content seems to be lost. It’s very difficult for me to understand as a gamer what the meaning behind using numerous third-party tools to compete to clear first would be.

Quote:
If the illicit use of third-party tools is made clear through our investigations, I, at the very least, will not recognize that team as the true World First.

Naoki Yoshida

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer & Director

[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-31 11:03:41  

I don't play 14, so this is probably a silly question, but why do they care about cutscenes being recorded and published? Seems like kindof a strange thing to be consumed with in the context of cheating to win the raid.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-31 11:07:19  
Because it's the end of fight scene. The XIV team has always cared about people publishing spoilers quickly, especially before anyone could possibly fight or beat the subject of the spoiler. It's like when Sony puts a ban on streaming/posting videos of a game for x weeks after release.

Aside from its impact on the players viewing it, Yoshida has said that the development team themselves get a bit demoralized when the stuff they've been working on and have been excited for people to discover gets leaked and spoiled on day 0.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-31 11:15:18  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Thunderjet 2023-01-31 11:24:53  
Because it's the end of fight scene. The XIV team has always cared about people publishing spoilers quickly, especially before anyone could possibly fight or beat the subject of the spoiler. It's like when Sony puts a ban on streaming/posting videos of a game for x weeks after release.

Aside from its impact on the players viewing it, Yoshida has said that the development team themselves get a bit demoralized when the stuff they've been working on and have been excited for people to discover gets leaked and spoiled on day 0.
Except infulencers they can Stream games Day 1 FF7 Remake, the Australian Streamer Execisve Profanity played the game 3 days earlier with Stream on till the end, Maximillian dood was allowed to stream the whole Game too. Square have been really Garbage Lately outside of Remasters of games all new Ip's have been garbage aside from ff7Remake, even the new game forspoken is made out of ***and whale soup, they need to make Turn based games again, not this kind of garbage, or hybrid Turn based like FF7Remake is fine too i dunno man. silly rules i am always Excited for remakes / remasters but not new games lately they were all Garbage Hoping FF9 remake is just a remake and turn based.

Will see i really love this game company but they are serving ***juice lately
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-01-31 11:35:48  
Most video game companies work around people spoiling plot lines by just not having any. Checkmate, atheists.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-01-31 11:59:59  

YoshiP exuding big sad dad vibes right now. I feel sorry for him and the dev team for what amounts to a slap in the face for giving the hardcore raid community what they want.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-31 12:02:44  
Don't feel bad for ***. If they did their jobs and actually put the effort into stopping things they don't want to happen, ***like that wouldn't happen.

They just look the other way for money then get mad that what they ignored happened.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-31 12:13:40  
That's a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE argument. You can't stop cheating. There's nothing that any game dev will ever be able to do to completely prevent people from circumventing whatever walls they try to put up to stop them from using 3rd party tools. Unlike in XI, SE has continued to put countermeasures in place, especially for the most egregious things like pos and speed hacking, but you will never see a successful block for ui mods and client side tricks.
[+]
By Afania 2023-01-31 12:19:11  
Thunderjet said: »
Except infulencers they can Stream games Day 1 FF7 Remake, the Australian Streamer Execisve Profanity played the game 3 days earlier with Stream on till the end, Maximillian dood was allowed to stream the whole Game too.

It is never acceptable to stream content earlier than game publishers allow them to though.

Normally game publishers will send keys to streamers and the press early but with an embargo date. They aren't allowed to release info until the embargo date.

If they break the embargo they'll burn their bridge and their relationship/reputation in the industry. It's generally a bad move unless the streamer value small gains from short term exposure more than relationship with the source.

MMO like ff14 on a live server is a different situation of course. Since you can't really set embargo date with players anyone can stream content right after an update.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-31 12:19:16  
You can stop cheating. It just takes more effort than they care about implementing.

And they would lose money, so that's the reason they don't do it. So don't feel bad for ***. They have an easy choice. Make money and quit bitching, or fix the issue and drop subs. (that's true for any game)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-31 12:28:10  
As usual you're showing how little of an understanding you have about a subject that you're so matter-of-factly making statements about.

The biggest studios with multi million dollar anticheat budgets and kernel level anticheat software can't prevent cheating. Every time an anticheat countermeasure is made, someone will find a way around it. It's easier to solve a solved problem than it is to try to invent new, impenetrable solutions to one.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22356 22357 22358 ... 22553 22554 22555