Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22253 22254 22255 ... 22574 22575 22576
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-31 11:45:20  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
digiman talk about battle system

Survive is basically just a Visual Novel with the battles tacked on. They weren't initially supposed to be in there at all.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-31 15:08:21  
Just thought I'd let y'all know that currently more members of the AGO (American Guild of Organists) identify as Jewish, Muslim, Agnostic, or Atheist than identify as Christian. (totals of non-Christian vs Christian- not each individual group vs total Christians)

So enjoy that Sunday Hymnal, you might just be listening to a heathen!
By Jetackuu 2022-07-31 15:19:16  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Just thought I'd let y'all know that currently more members of the AGO (American Guild of Organists) identify as Jewish, Muslim, Agnostic, or Atheist than identify as Christian. (totals of non-Christian vs Christian- not each individual group vs total Christians)

So enjoy that Sunday Hymnal, you might just be listening to a heathen!

Good.

Also, like seriously; who came up with such a complicated instrument?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-31 15:21:59  
The actual mechanics of an organ are pretty complex and intriguing to say the least.

Learning to play one is actually not as complicated as it may initially seem. I'd still rate certain woodwinds/brass (like the Oboe) and most orchestral string instruments as more technical and difficult to learn and play. Have played the violin for nearly 20 years now and I still feel like I have too much to learn and master. Piano/Organ were relatively straight forward in contrast. I tried learning the flute and Oboe once and gave up quickly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-31 15:45:33  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The actual mechanics of an organ are pretty complex and intriguing to say the least.

Learning to play one is actually not as complicated as it may initially seem. I'd still rate certain woodwinds/brass (like the Oboe) and most orchestral string instruments as more technical and difficult to learn and play. Have played the violin for nearly 20 years now and I still feel like I have too much to learn and master. Piano/Organ were relatively straight forward in contrast. I tried learning the flute and Oboe once and gave up quickly.

Its an interesting contradiction that often the most structurally simple instruments are the most complex to master.

I've spent 30 years now playing bassoon, and one often hears all the fearful stories from other woodwind/brass instruments regarding "and you guys have to make your own reeds!"- and sure, that's a special hell we impose upon ourselves ;)

But to truly master the simplest of instruments- the non-fretted strings, flute, horn....now there are some unique beasts. The challenges found in those instruments are completely different than one sees with the more visually complex instruments like the Organ.

Biggest issue there is the ability to train one's brain to do different things with the different manuals (splitting your hands to two different tasks instead of working together) along with the foot pedals. Changing of the stops (what creates different sounds) is honestly mostly just familiarity with the layout of one's specific organ (yeah, I walked into that one- PHRASING!) more than technique. And you never have to worry about dynamic or pitch!

...and of course, at the end of the day, to truly perfect any skill, musical or otherwise, boils down to just time. Most organists I've worked with over the years started VERY young, so the unique skills of that particular instrument are learned almost at the same time many of us are learning to ride a bicycle.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-07-31 21:15:13  
Webb deep field as a dress.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-01 02:33:18  
This was literally the worst winter in my life.

Too much cold, flu, covid, etc...

Still more 2 months before spring, but hopefully we can get warmer before that.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-01 09:04:33  
Pantafernando said: »
This was literally the worst winter in my life.

Too much cold, flu, covid, etc...

Still more 2 months before spring, but hopefully we can get warmer before that.
Come up and visit, was 105F yesterday. 40.5C.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-01 09:30:03  
Nooo. Not Nichelle Nichols! Rest in peace ;_;
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 13:42:58  
Americans have a long history of taking things the British were good at, and finding ways to make them lazier. Clearly even 170 years ago we were preparing to be a society of fatasses, and wanted things we could still be good at while out of shape.

Brits: Cricket is the greatest game ever!
Americans: ok yeah, the ball and bat look fun...how about we find a way to make less running?

Brits: Rugby is truly a sport of champions!
Americans: Sure...but can we add a few pauses in the middle now and then to catch our breath? How about Football?

Brits: Crew is the ultimate team sport!
Americans: Is there a version of this with less rowing? Tell ya what, we'll make our own trophy for Sailing and let the wind push us instead!

Brits: The green lawns of Wimbledon are the pinnacle of tennis, with their beauty, tradition, and speed!
Americans: Yeah...we're not gonna be able to manage that in about 150 years. May we introduce- Pickleball!

...I mean seriously, wtf America. Pickleball?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-01 14:05:14  
Brits: Rugby is truly a sport of champions!
Americans: Sure...but can we add a few pauses in the middle now and then to catch our breath? How about Football?
If it makes you feel better, what we now refer to as "American Football" was invented in Canada. Though you might be referring to "America" the continent so I might just be spouting pointless facts.

Canada made Rugby lazier with CFL rules, and then the USA made the CFL lazier with NFL rules.
By Viciouss 2022-08-01 14:15:55  
Well let's see, baseball is vastly superior to cricket, same with football over rugby, rowing only comes around every four years and no one pays it any mind, and tennis remains the same. Nothing to see here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 14:58:34  
Viciouss said: »
Well let's see, baseball is vastly superior to cricket, same with football over rugby, rowing only comes around every four years and no one pays it any mind, and tennis remains the same. Nothing to see here.

How to reveal you're one of those "America is the greatest country in the world" folks yet have never left the continent in under 50 words.

Its ok to admit we aren't TEH BESTEST at everything and still have national pride.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-01 15:20:07  
football is the most boring sport in existence. it has 20 minute quarters, but takes hours to play. seriously, it's dull ***. you get to parts of the game where they just try run plays up the middle. plays last 4 seconds and then 30 seconds of standing around coming up right after 6 minutes of commercials. WOOOOOOO

*Edit* i'd rather watch that thing where kids stack cups
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-01 15:22:12  
Every sport is boring as ***. If it weren't for money, it'd be totally different.

60 minute game. 4 *** hours of multimillion dollar advertisements. and $10 beer.
By Viciouss 2022-08-01 15:26:15  

How to reveal you're one of those "America is the greatest country in the world" folks yet have never left the continent in under 50 words.

Its ok to admit we aren't TEH BESTEST at everything and still have national pride.

I was born in the Netherlands, Later lived in Germany for two years. Been all over Europe. So there goes that theory.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-08-01 15:34:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Every sport is boring as ***. If it weren't for money, it'd be totally different.

60 minute game. 4 *** hours of multimillion dollar advertisements. and $10 beer.

If your local team is selling $10 beer you need to jump on those prices.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 15:47:01  
Football is a sport completely designed to mimic warfare in the early 1900s. In fact, just picture any NFL game as the Western Front in WWI, and all of a sudden it makes total sense. Day after day of nothing but a scrum over a few feet of muddy No-Man's-Land, and every now and then a massive breakthru that changed the scope of the entire war. But just like war, those in the trenches are nameless, faceless casualties and we remember the generals and leaders. In fact, the whole point of American sports for the past 50 years has been to make the fan feel like the COACH, whereas earlier generations aspired to be the PLAYERS.

Fantasy Sports, mid-game betting, the entire Sports Talk Industry...no one wants to "Be Like Mike" these days- its a lot more financially lucrative and easier on the skull to want to be Bill Bellichik...and to boot we already look like him.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-01 15:49:00  

I was born in the Netherlands, Later lived in Germany for two years. Been all over Europe. So there goes that theory.

Air Force Brat then. Gotcha.

We could have an interesting discussion of disagreement, if you'd just be honest.
By Viciouss 2022-08-01 15:59:00  
Fire away.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-01 16:01:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Pretty muchh
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-01 17:33:00  
Football is a sport completely designed to mimic warfare in the early 1900s. In fact, just picture any NFL game as the Western Front in WWI, and all of a sudden it makes total sense. Day after day of nothing but a scrum over a few feet of muddy No-Man's-Land, and every now and then a massive breakthru that changed the scope of the entire war. But just like war, those in the trenches are nameless, faceless casualties and we remember the generals and leaders.
But it took the legendary Knute Rockne to see the war analogy and apply the lessons in von Clausewitz's Vom Kriege ("On War"), often referred to as "The Art of War" to football.

(And I am NOT a football fan.)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-02 12:41:29  
The name for the result of breeding a Polar Bear with a Grizzly Bear is known as a Pizzly.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-02 13:51:09  
the name for the result of breeding a hot dog with a hot dog bun is known as a glizzy.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-08-02 16:23:59  

We could have an interesting discussion of disagreement, if you'd just be honest.

Obligatory Baden > Lahr
Wait, gotta think of American bases, but only know a handful off the top of my head that I've been to.
Ramstein, Karlsruhe, Garmisch, Frankfurt and Heidelberg
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-02 16:57:16  
The built in AI upscaling on this TV is nuts. Makes switch games look so much better
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-02 17:06:51  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »

Obligatory Baden > Lahr
Wait, gotta think of American bases, but only know a handful off the top of my head that I've been to.
Ramstein, Karlsruhe, Garmisch, Frankfurt and Heidelberg

There's a combined joint forces NATO base staffed by USAF personnel in Belgium called SHAPE. Only reason I'm familiar with it is a good friend plated Trumpet for the USAF band stationed there. (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-02 19:26:09  
Damn… today i easily worked for over 12h….

Tomorrow i want to take easy.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-02 19:30:10  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Dude made a remake of his spoilering videos for the Live a Live Remake.

I will watch it when i have free 1h.

For tonight, just a fun Turok spoilering from my second favorite YT Channel

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 22253 22254 22255 ... 22574 22575 22576