Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22225 22226 22227 ... 22566 22567 22568
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-25 19:52:47  
Pantafernando said: »
Lately ive been thinking the school is the worst place to put a son/daughter.

Im not refering to the US reality, but considering my own schools days, that generally was the place where kids first had contact with alcohol, drugs, sex (yeah). Depending the actual environment, even bad influences, that can potentially incentive mediocrity instead individually growth.

I think quite interesting a project that allow parents to handle their childen education up till certain age. Imo, parents shouldnt introduce their kids to society before they have a solid foundation, strong enough to filter good from bad influences.

The only problem is if parents actually want to invest their time to actually care with their children. Many parents just feel like tossing the children at school just so they can delegate their obligation to anyone but themselves.

While dropping the son/daughter to some unknown “teacher” to care, the parents can care their pets without worries

Any place humans can interact is the worst place to put a human.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-25 19:59:49  
Pantafernando said: »
Lately ive been thinking the school is the worst place to put a son/daughter.

Im not refering to the US reality, but considering my own schools days, that generally was the place where kids first had contact with alcohol, drugs, sex (yeah). Depending the actual environment, even bad influences, that can potentially incentive mediocrity instead individually growth.

I think quite interesting a project that allow parents to handle their childen education up till certain age. Imo, parents shouldnt introduce their kids to society before they have a solid foundation, strong enough to filter good from bad influences.

The only problem is if parents actually want to invest their time to actually care with their children. Many parents just feel like tossing the children at school just so they can delegate their obligation to anyone but themselves.

While dropping the son/daughter to some unknown “teacher” to care, the parents can care their pets without worries
You can't really learn from mistakes if you aren't allowed to make them in the first place. Besides, unless people start getting paid like they were in the '50s so one parent working a 40-hour week can sustain a household of 6, it's pretty hard. School is about the only thing that affords parents the time to earn an income in this economy.

But I do think education itself could use many changes to better prepare children for the adult world.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-05-25 21:04:08  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If we stopped reporting them we'd have less shootings.
Hello? 10 a week? And we hear about maybe 2 - 3 a week? With an if it bleeds it leads press?

WE HAVE STOPPED REPORTING ALL BUT THE MOST HORRIFIC because they have gotten routine. And that's horrific all by itself.

Quote:
See also; Raise the number of victims to lower the number of mass shootings.
I think its 5. Would you prefer something like 7? 20? I think 5 works. If its 4 that works too.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-25 21:34:06  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
WE HAVE STOPPED REPORTING ALL BUT THE MOST HORRIFIC because they have gotten routine. And that's horrific all by itself.
And that's just the mass shootings, too. The actual number of injuries and deaths is waaaaaaaay higher. The GVA has a pretty good record of this stuff. Check out their Last 72 Hours chart. There's 25 incidents per page, and 11 pages!
By Jetackuu 2022-05-25 21:35:58  
can we cut out the politics nonsense in RT please?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-25 21:40:46  
Jetackuu said: »
can we cut out the politics nonsense in RT please?
Is it really politics if no one is taking any kind of side on anything? Politics would be people offering their own glorious wisdom of what (if anything) should be done about it.

I just thought the numbers were interesting. But I'll stop if it's getting under anyone's skin. And if it is, then I sincerely apologize.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-25 21:58:25  
Yes, that is politics.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-25 22:26:59  
I can't genuinely tell if this is real or not.

I absolutely want to watch it if it is.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/430297/winnie-the-pooh-blood-and-honey-violent-new-horror-film-reworks-a-childhood-classic-images/

Quote:
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey has yet to set a release date.
By Draylo 2022-05-25 22:34:18  
Um it had nothing to do with politics, don't be a baby
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-25 22:59:25  
We could change this topic into doughnuts.
I'll start: Did you guys know there's an homage to the gloriousness that are doughnuts in Crawler's Nest? But there's always one guy going in and taking all of them so nobody else gets any.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-05-25 23:15:18  
Jetackuu said: »
Yes, that is politics.
IDK Jet no, except everything RL relates to politics.

I'm talking about news reporting and all of us, right, left, centrist, I don't vote it only encourages them types, getting numb.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
How is this political? Who's side does it advocate for or against?
By Jetackuu 2022-05-26 01:38:15  
It literally is political... Not arguing it. Hence the inquiry.
By Musashi232 2022-05-26 08:59:47  
YouTube Video Placeholder

time machine fast please will give a kidney
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-26 09:11:14  
I have fond memories of Bomberman Hero. I also remember getting up to the second last boss and being unable to win before having to return my rented copy to Blockbuster.

My friend was talking about that whole genre of music, something I didn't even realize at the time. The 5th and (early) 6th console generations really used it a lot. It's apparently called Breakcore, and it's one of the most nostalgic things to me because it's something that really didn't stick around very long, yet it had such a profound impact on my biggest gaming era.

Thankfully, there are a few artists out there that keep the genre alive.

Just watch the first ~40 seconds of this video. It somehow encapsulates the entire year 2000 in an audio-visual experience.
[+]
By mhomho 2022-05-26 09:27:15  
Musashi232 said: »
time machine fast please will give a kidney

One of my favorite OST's. The game was nothing like what I was expecting after coming solely from bomberman 64, but I'll be damned if that ost didn't win me over.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-26 11:02:51  
Sigh….

My usual quick game that i play just to relive a bit of the daily stress just broke after a update…

So sad
By Viciouss 2022-05-26 14:14:10  
RIP Ray Liotta. You were a good gangster.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-05-26 14:20:47  

Looks solid.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-26 14:28:06  

It's like a live-action Tom & Jerry if Tom was played by Mr. Bean. I might have to check this one out.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-05-26 14:55:03  
…i was fooled
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-26 19:25:30  
Quote:
A new lawsuit on behalf of Twitter shareholders was filed against Elon Musk in federal district court in San Francisco on Wednesday night, alleging that the Tesla CEO has actively manipulated the company’s stock for personal gain.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-27 00:04:12  
Quote:
A new lawsuit on behalf of Twitter shareholders was filed against Elon Musk in federal district court in San Francisco on Wednesday night, alleging that the Tesla CEO has actively manipulated the company’s stock for personal gain.

Well, we really gotta get the story straight on this one. Is he losing a fortune on the deal or is he manipulating the stocks for personal gain? Seems like people want to have it both ways.
By Musashi232 2022-05-27 01:48:44  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I have fond memories of Bomberman Hero. I also remember getting up to the second last boss and being unable to win before having to return my rented copy to Blockbuster.

My friend was talking about that whole genre of music, something I didn't even realize at the time. The 5th and (early) 6th console generations really used it a lot. It's apparently called Breakbeat, and it's one of the most nostalgic things to me because it's something that really didn't stick around very long, yet it had such a profound impact on my biggest gaming era.

Thankfully, there are a few artists out there that keep the genre alive.

Just watch the first ~40 seconds of this video. It somehow encapsulates the entire year 2000 in an audio-visual experience.
omg i remember i nearley cried over frustration the game was so *** stressfull that and rayman 64 i have no *** clue how i finished them the boss before the last boss was the female boss who splits and all fake except one rigth?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-27 05:22:45  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Quote:

Well, we really gotta get the story straight on this one. Is he losing a fortune on the deal or is he manipulating the stocks for personal gain? Seems like people want to have it both ways.

It is both, but one "happened" and the other happened. Like taking a dive and losing but getting paid. You'll see the stocks dive and he'll lose a shitload of money. But behind the curtain he'll make triple.
By Viciouss 2022-05-27 07:46:10  
Obi wan Kenobi time!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-27 08:16:42  
Musashi232 said: »
omg i remember i nearley cried over frustration the game was so *** stressfull that and rayman 64 i have no *** clue how i finished them the boss before the last boss was the female boss who splits and all fake except one rigth?
Yeah I skimmed through a longplay of the game, and I'm pretty sure that's the boss that I couldn't beat. I remember getting stuck on the boss just before her for a long time too, but I also vaguely recall her boss stage so I think that's where I was. And then of course the last boss looks like a total joke. If only 9-year-old me was a little bit more competent lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-27 09:30:16  

By Viciouss 2022-05-27 09:36:28  
first two episodes of Kenobi were solid.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-27 10:23:58  
Excited to see them when I am home. The worst feeling being on a trip is having like 10 different pre orders charge... its like they wait to do it all at once.
By Draylo 2022-05-27 11:39:49  
Found aome shirts, surprised they had this in London Ive never seen this store in NYC before

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22225 22226 22227 ... 22566 22567 22568