Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22226 22227 22228 ... 22571 22572 22573
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-27 12:46:56  
I'm medium hyped to see the neglected token girl, Fantastic Fraulein Mumor, coming to the next TVR update.

Hopefully guy players will get a variation of the Starlet set and and girl players get a variation of the Agent Coat set.

Calling it now. That should be the reward.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-27 13:15:37  
...and the pants need to have real pockets!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-27 13:30:37  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Hopefully guy players will get a variation of the Starlet set and and girl players get a variation of the Agent Coat set.
I've been hoping for that too. It's one of the few cases where male and female characters get radically different appearances. FFXI is sort of famous for making guy armor (usually) just as skimpy as girl armor.

Or infamous, per one of my Thumper acquaintances who refuses to try the game because "What kind of twisted f*** wants to see a male character in briefs?" >_>
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-27 13:39:26  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
...and the pants need to have real pockets!
ok now that got a legit giggle.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-05-27 15:27:03  
By Draylo 2022-05-27 21:46:27  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Exciting
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-27 23:07:14  
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-05-28 00:36:06  
Ugh, I need new storage, my NAS has about outlived its usefulness. Or I just need to purge ***.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-28 01:17:29  
This week was so heavy in terms of work that I just couldnt play a single minute any game (and to make things worst, even my quick game was broken by a update).

Maybe that could explain why i got to the weekend that exhausted.

And next week I will restart to work at office 2 times a week. Having mixed feelings from this.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-28 03:02:40  
Today is the UEFAs Champions League final.

Fun

I dont feel partial to any side in that match. Just expecting a great game i guess
By Pantafernando 2022-05-28 11:32:27  
I just read a chronicle written by a reporter who had cancer, was suffering intense pain and recently died.

It was a text mixed with sorrow due the disease effects in its last stage, but also strength because together with the pain, was the compassion given by his friends and family.

He died relatively young. It was the bad luck of contracting the disease too early, and living with it for 9 years.

A text produced in this context is like a punch in the stomach. The text had mixed feeling, and those mixed feelings were masterfully transfered to the reader (me).

Makes me (again) reflect upon what is life. Maybe life isnt more than a dice tossed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-28 11:39:21  
Pantafernando said: »
I just read a chronicle written by a reporter who had cancer, was suffering intense pain and recently died.

It was a text mixed with sorrow due the disease effects in its last stage, but also strength because together with the pain, was the compassion given by his friends and family.

He died relatively young. It was the bad luck of contracting the disease too early, and living with it for 9 years.

A text produced in this context is like a punch in the stomach. The text had mixed feeling, and those mixed feelings were masterfully transfered to the reader (me).

Makes me (again) reflect upon what is life. Maybe life isnt more than a dice tossed.

Dunno if this was something personal or something you saw online, but if the latter I'd love to read it if you could share a URL.

I definitely can get the feeling that you speak of in what I emboldened. The only alternate way to look at it I've found is that life is not in the roll of the dice, but what we do while the dice are in the air.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-05-28 14:48:37  
i keep getting shitty ads for silk robes, and it kinda sounds like a nice treat, damn you advertisers
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-05-28 15:29:33  
I get adds for dresses suitable for women MUCH younger than I and Korean romance manga.

Silk robes sound nice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-05-28 16:02:07  
Same
By Josiahafk 2022-05-28 17:05:35  
Nothing like paying for an inspection to drive for Lyft and selling the car 2 weeks later /facepalm
By Viciouss 2022-05-28 21:34:48  
Picked up Jedi: Fallen Order a few weeks back on Star Wars day, been trying to play it. The lack of fast travel has gotten more and more annoying. Just had to make my way through a maze to a temple, complete the temple, then make my way back out of the temple and through the maze, all the way back to my ship. Never coming back to this planet. No way will I 100% this game.

I google the lack of fast travel, and there are several threads just raging about it. Gamefaqs, reddit, gamespot, everyone hates it. It's bad game design, even the Legend Of Zelda on NES figured out an immediate exit to the temple upon completion. This is why I don't play EA games for more than bargain bin prices.
By Draylo 2022-05-28 21:44:07  
Def in the minority, tons of people including myself love the game. It has incredible reviews and many games in the history of gaming lacked a fast travel.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-28 21:55:48  
I like it when games have a few lore-friendly means of fast-travel. Enough so that you don't have to trek across the whole entire map, but not so much that you lose the sense of scale.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-29 04:10:14  
Portuguese has some details. For example, some words requires accent in some forms while its dispensed in others.

Then me writing the word "guardá-los".

I start typing "guardá".

MS Word automatically removes the accent, and turn it in "guarda", which is correct if the word was just that.

Then I finish the word "guarda-los". And move to the next line.

Then MS Word complains saying there is a error in that word.

And me: "ah, isnt it, you son of a ***... you removed the damn accent by yourself and now complain that I mistyped???"

Thats called sabotage
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-29 13:34:27  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-05-29 16:31:52  
Pantafernando said: »
Portuguese has some details. For example, some words requires accent in some forms while its dispensed in others.

Then me writing the word "guardá-los".

I start typing "guardá".

MS Word automatically removes the accent, and turn it in "guarda", which is correct if the word was just that.

Then I finish the word "guarda-los". And move to the next line.

Then MS Word complains saying there is a error in that word.

And me: "ah, isnt it, you son of a ***... you removed the damn accent by yourself and now complain that I mistyped???"

Thats called sabotage

I'm honestly surprised at how bad autocorrect still is. After all these years, there has to be a mountain of data to aid in machine learning and yet somehow autocorrect manages to interpret the most basic and highly used words in the most incomprehensible ways imaginable.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-29 16:40:50  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm honestly surprised at how bad autocorrect still is. After all these years, there has to be a mountain of data to aid in machine learning and yet somehow autocorrect manages to interpret the most basic and highly used words in the most incomprehensible ways imaginable.
My favourite is how Outlook will automatically underline any word that I type that starts with the letter "I". I think it thinks I'm using a lowercase erroneously in place of the first person singular. But it sticks around for so long that it honestly throws off my typing.

They also added a new feature that tries to guess what you're going to type next, but it throws me off so badly. Thankfully they've FINALLY added the ability to turn that off, I'm guessing due to a ceaseless volume of complaints.
By Jetackuu 2022-05-29 16:49:31  
V2T on most devices is very bad, somewhat related however more complex. I wish my phone could do some "voice learning" like most advanced software does to help it along.
By Pantafernando 2022-05-29 16:49:45  
I just finished reading Oyasumi PunPun manga and, well, that is that sort of art that makes you feel unconfortable reading.

IMO, when something as static as a page in black and white manages to extract the indeference out of the readers, its because its at least a good story. But Oyasumi PunPun goes a bit far of it, being unconfortable, annoyed, saddned, contemplative by the story.

At first glance it manages like that, kinda unique story that manages to follow a random guy life from his childhood to his adulthood when he sinks to many psichological problems that the author manages to picture them very well.

There are so many symbols in the story that made me look for a some external analysis because I suck at reading the hidden meaning of things. Turns all the story is very personal and intimate of the mangaka.

I guess it deserve major props for the same story being able to read in two completely distinct ways. One being a allegory of authors cirscunstance in a certain moment in time, and the other, deeper, that picture how low a human being can sink due to psychological problems.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-05-30 15:17:56  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-30 15:22:37  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
(Batman. Batman Skywalker)]
The only appropriate response to this is

"What does that mean? Why did you say that name?!"
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-30 17:43:34  
farming golden eggs in Vampire Survivors, what happened to my life
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-30 18:10:50  
So... they made the time travelers wife into a tv series.

Didn't really care, even though rose is kinda hot.

until I hear on the radio yesterday, ol boy, finds his past self, blowing another of his past selves. Now, that's an attention grabber. That's a something that seems like a hard story plot to explain. I just have to know how they rationalize that lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 22226 22227 22228 ... 22571 22572 22573