Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22085 22086 22087 ... 22582 22583 22584
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 14:53:03  
only good with a crunchy top

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 14:58:52  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Takes place in the Second Age, will cover the forging of the rings, the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, and the last alliance of Elves and Men.

First 2 episodes will be 3 hrs.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-19 15:27:03  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Takes place in the Second Age, will cover the forging of the rings, the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, and the last alliance of Elves and Men.

First 2 episodes will be 3 hrs.

Hopefully the producer approaches it with a better reverence than they did for The Wheel of Time....

Freehugs said: »
Bacon is overrated.

Little Caesar's pizza is good for the price.

Arby's is the best fast food place.

I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL.

There. Argue about my shitty food takes.

Arby's is pretty good, but damn they're slower than burger king!!
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 15:30:03  
Arbys curly fries any time. Capricorn or not. Oh wait. Mashed potatoes. I heard you can stick 'em in a stew. I can see why the irish potato famine happened. Now I just want tots and hash browns and all sorts of stuff.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Arby's is pretty good, but damn they're slower than burger king!!

Oh man. I thought burger king was a good idea when I was in my 20s but their lettuce and mayo is not kept at proper temp. I'm not a health inspector, but the few times I tried a whopper... that thing gave me the shits. I know taco bell gets crap, but Burger King.... probably worse. A little too much info, but you are all adults.

I like Little Caesers crazy bread. Their pizza is okay for so cheap. I don't know what is in that crazy bread. Maybe its the garlic butter or the dipping sauce. I know the sauce is really good, imo. I guess it's just a dough ball. Again, back in my 20s, I could get a pint and a pizza for under 10 bucks and play FFXI. I call that a win.
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-19 16:02:52  
Spoiler alert: that's because the forums are the exact *** same. XIVPro and XIAH are both sister sites, the difference on the front page being that XIAH shows recent XI forum posts, and XIVPro shows recent XIV ones. The XIV side never took off because of the time period that XIVPro was created, and sites like Reddit (and then a little later, Discord in and of itself) becoming much more popular for mainstream XIV discussion than sites like BG, XIVPro, et al.

That said, the crumbling mental fortitude of a handful of people who have the weirdest MMO tribalism of all time is not going to be enough of a deterrent for the few of us who post in here to stop talking to each other personally about XIV ***.
Ain’t nobody seriously against discussing FFXIV here. Personally I think 14 is the inferior MMO made by SE but I respect the fact ppl enjoy playing that game.

Actually that person AngryTurnip is posting on 14 forums about 11 and there is literally nobody reading his post. We ain’t seeing it here on FFXIAH and he’s addressing ourselves while posting on FFXIVPro ftl.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 16:06:47  
Spoiler alert. Nobody reads anyone's posts. We're all just talking out to the void. I think a few people get into little quote war fights, but no one cares at this point.

Let me correct that real quick. A few people on here are looking for connections. I think a lot of us have lost friends that don't play anymore. Personally, I actually think of a lot of you as "friends". I can only recognize avatars. Some names. Hell, some of you have over 10k posts. That is some dedication.

I miss my friendlist. It had probably 100 people on it that I met and played with like 20 years ago. Now maybe one or two of them show up when it's free-to-play.

I don't mean to get all weepy and such, but...

Also, sorry. Didn't know 14 was such an issue if it was questioned. See above gif.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 16:22:05  
Aw, man. But chips are my least favourite kind of potato. :/
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-01-19 16:29:14  
I got cucked 2 weeks in a row on P1S, last week someone *** up their intemperance and gave us all dmg down, this week there was another rdm who kept overwriting my embolden. I'm going to be stuck at 74 forever.

Are you PuGging? I assume if you were in a static, people wouldn't be so dumb about things like t hat. Getting 74 in a PuG environment is nice though.

Asura.Vyre said: »
I gave up parse hounding back in Stormblood where I had to limit break all of the time on NIN.

Was rolling at like 88%s with having to LB3 all the time.

Normally I wouldn't have cared, but we had a SAM in that particular group who was always fretting over not getting 90%+s if a mech messed up their rotation or if they had to LB if I was dead or something on a weekly reclear.

Now it's like, people will post a parse, and I'll go look at it, and be like, "Yeah I coulda done this, this, and this better." But I'm a caster now, and only raiding in one group. Don't think I've had anything over 75% in the last 4~5 years lol.

Nothing wrong with that. I don't even parse and just look at what I am doing when one of the DPS posts a log. I've pretty much gone towards the side of "I'd rather not wipe the raid due to a failed mechanic over wiping due to hitting hard enrage". Of course that mind set will change if we consistently hit enrage but that's a hurdle to overcome when it is hit. Unlikely to happen in my current group considering how hardcore 3 of the DPS are.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Spoiler alert. Nobody reads anyone's posts. We're all just talking out to the void. I think a few people get into little quote war fights, but no one cares at this point.

Let me correct that real quick. A few people on here are looking for connections. I think a lot of us have lost friends that don't play anymore. Personally, I actually think of a lot of you as "friends". I can only recognize avatars. Some names. Hell, some of you have over 10k posts. That is some dedication.

I miss my friendlist. It had probably 100 people on it that I met and played with like 20 years ago. Now maybe one or two of them show up when it's free-to-play.

I don't mean to get all weepy and such, but...

Also, sorry. Didn't know 14 was such an issue if it was questioned. See above gif.

To me, it's less that 14 is an issue when questioned and more about the fact that there seem to be a select few individuals who tend to get their pitch forks out at the slightest mention of 14 due to a heavy prejudice against the game. As mentioned, this is a random thoughts thread, and we just tend to muse randomly on a variety of topics including about 14. That's all I can really say about that.

Also *Pets gently* I'm sorry about the friend thing. I can appreciate that sentiment.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 16:33:30  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
I got cucked 2 weeks in a row on P1S, last week someone *** up their intemperance and gave us all dmg down, this week there was another rdm who kept overwriting my embolden. I'm going to be stuck at 74 forever.

Are you PuGging? I assume if you were in a static, people wouldn't be so dumb about things like t hat. Getting 74 in a PuG environment is nice though.

Yea I do PF. Have a static in XI already so I don't want to make games a 2nd job.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 16:37:45  
Points up. This is why I can't stand FF14.

Edit: Freehugs is too quick. I meant to post this about the... above above post.

I am kind of now concerned about how I want Snorlax farts in a jar. Make that paper.

Oh my god he eats everything. Worst idea I ever had.

Snorlax farts in a jar. on a t-shirt. Girl. Make that happen. Make that bread.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 16:53:37  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-01-19 17:45:04  

At this price, I hope it at least stinks.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 19:45:38  
Batman: The villain who murders with a baseball bat.

(In the gravelly Christian Bale voice) "Home run!" (epic Hans Zimmer sting)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-19 19:55:28  
So someone saw me reading the last mazerunner book (5) today. She says oh if you like that you need to check out "the knife of never letting go".

I come home and google it. That's the first book of the Chaos Walking series. That *** terrible movie they just made lol.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 19:56:32  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I come home and google it. That's the first book of the Chaos Walking series. That *** terrible movie they just made lol.
If it's a crappy movie, it probably means a good book series lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-19 19:57:34  
It is probably alright as a book, but it's funny she didn't even know that or think to mention it.

The IDEA was super neat. But holy ***is the movie absolutely dogshit. (plagued with reshoots rewrites casting, the plague, the typical stuff)

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2022-01-19 20:35:13  
Or my book! Just cause!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 20:42:38  
ill read it eventually ™️
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-01-19 22:42:49  
in ages long past it was even used as sex ed for lonely virgins

haaaaaaaaaa! i forgot about that. seha and i almost got banned over that, but i still like to think we helped some people.

There. Argue about my shitty food takes.

last time i made a comment about people's food takes someone deleted their account so...

this place has fallen very far from the days of the wars with ni. hell ni is even worse which is why i'm here (until i stop posting for a year or two again), but it's legit over a decade old. so, when anyone comes in making claims about what it's supposed to be and saying people who have been here for significant portions of their lives shouldn't be posting *insert specific thing*... it's kind of like taking a ***on the floor of the clubhouse. if i recall correctly only four things have ever been banned out of this topic; who would bang who, sex talk, politics, and *plot*. politics was actually ok up until p&r closed. now the p&r people will descend en masse and wall of text if we allow the discussion in here.

welcome home.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-01-19 23:24:41  
Ehh, I got to moderate P&R for a couple of years. Most of the the ex-P&R here are amazingly well behaved nowadays. It's a stark contrast.

Course, there's always a little nudge here and there... a little bait here and there... My motto is to ignore it as hard as possible, and hope that it doesn't snowball like the other day.

I think of the good ole days being back when Flionheart was like translating Welsh and railing against Krizz, with literally all the other shitposters that were railing against Krizz. Poor Krizz.

I think one of them was Spicy-chan when he was still Spicyryan. His drunk posts were always engaging.

One time in days of yore there was a thread that had like, JAErik and Scragg and other mods and admis in it constantly. It was about, uhm, time dilation and distant space travel?

Then there was Ludoggy, who even 13 years ago had like 30,000 posts. With his Rei Ayanami profile pics.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-01-20 00:56:56  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Ehh, I got to moderate P&R for a couple of years. Most of the the ex-P&R here are amazingly well behaved nowadays. It's a stark contrast.

Course, there's always a little nudge here and there... a little bait here and there... My motto is to ignore it as hard as possible, and hope that it doesn't snowball like the other day.

I think of the good ole days being back when Flionheart was like translating Welsh and railing against Krizz, with literally all the other shitposters that were railing against Krizz. Poor Krizz.

I think one of them was Spicy-chan when he was still Spicyryan. His drunk posts were always engaging.

One time in days of yore there was a thread that had like, JAErik and Scragg and other mods and admis in it constantly. It was about, uhm, time dilation and distant space travel?

Then there was Ludoggy, who even 13 years ago had like 30,000 posts. With his Rei Ayanami profile pics.

This got me thinking of the more... interesting... discussions that we had in P&R that are still legendary in my mind. I'll mention a couple of the ones that weren't explicitly P&R in nature.

We had a long argument with a guy who insisted that he had invented a perpetual motion machine that could provide endless energy. It involved magnets and a giant space laser.

We also had a guy who insisted that he had perfected a plan to ensure that all of his future children would have 180+ IQs. The only missing piece of the puzzle was for him to marry a genius Asian woman to help ensure intellectual superiority for his kids.

Both of those guys were 100% serious. They also got really mad when people questioned their ideas and got themselves banned.

Ahh, memories. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22085 22086 22087 ... 22582 22583 22584