Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22084 22085 22086 ... 22573 22574 22575

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-01-19 09:02:04  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Okay. One person answer me. Is there a Final Fantasy 14 forum?
I post on the GameFAQs ARR site. Its a sewer. With WoW refugees.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 09:48:02  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
seems weird you post this on an actual ffxiv forum...

This site gets my comments and posts mirrored to some other site I have never been on? WEll.... that's creepy AF. Hey there people. I tried the game out. Couldn't get hooked because the controls were different and I knew another MMO would suck another 20 years of my life away. Cool if you like it though.

I didn't know they mirroerd my comments on another site. That is sketchy AF, tbh.
By Jetackuu 2022-01-19 09:50:47  
they're literally the same, just a different frontend, nothing sketch about it at all
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 09:52:15  
Yeah, they seem like twin sites of some sort. I just didn't know 14 players saw my posts. I just thought my boring *** was talking out to the void with the same 20 or so people that keep XI alive. Mah bad.
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-19 10:55:06  
What I find odd is that FFXIV players do NOT make use of FFXIVPro like we do FFXIAH. I mean when do we ever see specific 14 Topics ever posted? They just don’t make use of such like the 11 player base does.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 11:46:25  
If you don't want to read general random thoughts then don't visit the general random thoughts thread? It's no different than talking about comic books, movies, or food. Unless those are also verboten on your supposed FFXI only website.

Like seriously, pound sand.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-19 12:08:14  
The only thing FFXIV about FFXIVPro are the Pics down below. Front page shows “New Controller” Topic specifically about 14 but it’s not even listed in the Latest Forum Topics (View More) page. That’s not very 14 at all whatsoever. Have known the existence of such for many years now. Random searches sometimes give that website over this one but w/ same exact conversations.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 13:09:23  
Spoiler alert: that's because the forums are the exact *** same. XIVPro and XIAH are both sister sites, the difference on the front page being that XIAH shows recent XI forum posts, and XIVPro shows recent XIV ones. The XIV side never took off because of the time period that XIVPro was created, and sites like Reddit (and then a little later, Discord in and of itself) becoming much more popular for mainstream XIV discussion than sites like BG, XIVPro, et al.

That said, the crumbling mental fortitude of a handful of people who have the weirdest MMO tribalism of all time is not going to be enough of a deterrent for the few of us who post in here to stop talking to each other personally about XIV ***.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-19 13:15:53  
llAKs0nll said: »
The only thing FFXIV about FFXIVPro are the Pics down below. Front page shows “New Controller” Topic specifically about 14 but it’s not even listed in the Latest Forum Topics (View More) page. That’s not very 14 at all whatsoever. Have known the existence of such for many years now. Random searches sometimes give that website over this one but w/ same exact conversations.

Most serious XIV players use other sources. Unfortunately, due to certain people around here... this place is a hard sell to anyone but those who have played XI for quite some time.
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2022-01-19 13:41:20  
Mattelot said: »
Most serious XIV players use other sources. Unfortunately, due to certain people around here... this place is a hard sell to anyone but those who have played XI for quite some tim
Damn, someone is salty I nuked his shitposting sock
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 13:43:22  
You can't really blame someone for not realizing that this is a hub for solely Final Fantasy XI given the name and banner and everything. Even I only just now learned that FFXIAH and FFXIVPro two different-looking entrances to the same site.

Imagine you go to work your new job at Taco Bell. You walk in through the door labelled "Taco Bell" and everything appears as such. But when you're taking someone's order they ask you for a Big Mac. It would seem pretty weird until someone approached you and said that there's another entrance to the same restaurant that's labeled as McDonald's, and you're actually working for both.

When you walk through the FFXIAH entrance and people start talking FFXIV, it makes sense that a person would get irritated. You'd expect people to be talking about FFXI, as there is no indication at all that it's also a site for FFXIV players. At best, it would be assumed to be a tolerated topic of conversation. But knowing what I now know, it makes sense being an expected thing to talk about.

Honestly, I think this needs to be made a lot more clear.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2022-01-19 13:48:16  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
The thread is literally called "Random Thoughts".

This isn't r/ffxi, there is a tremendous amount of overlap between current/former XI and XIV players, there's going to be cross-chatter. I don't really understand where the confusion comes in.

Re: XIVpro, I overhauled the backend many moons ago (wrote a dat parser! SaintConach wasn't really a thing yet) but I don't have production access and the process is more involved than the XI dat dump, so I had to have Scragg do it, and his time was a lot harder to get a hold of then, so it languished. At this point the data structure has changed enough that I'd probably just switch to using SaintConach.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 13:49:07  
You can't really blame someone for not realizing that this is a hub for solely Final Fantasy XI given the name and banner and everything. Even I only just now learned that FFXIAH and FFXIVPro two different-looking entrances to the same site.

Imagine you go to work your new job at Taco Bell. You walk in through the door labelled "Taco Bell" and everything appears as such. But when you're taking someone's order they ask you for a Big Mac. It would seem pretty weird until someone approached you and said that there's another entrance to the same restaurant that's labeled as McDonald's, and you're actually working for both.

When you walk through the FFXIAH entrance and people start talking FFXIV, it makes sense that a person would get irritated. You'd expect people to be talking about FFXI, as there is no indication at all that it's also a site for FFXIV players. At best, it would be assumed to be a tolerated topic of conversation. But knowing what I now know, it makes sense being an expected thing to talk about.

Honestly you're completely missing the point. Even if XIVPro didn't exist, this is not the XI section of the forum, and trying to enforce some arbitrary personal rule of "this is an XI site" when, and only when, people start chatting to each other about XIV in the general section of the forum is borderline insanity.

I don't give a single solitary *** about a whole lot of ***that you and other people post in here, but I just skim it and move on instead of whining and trying to say that it needs to be brought to a separate thread.

Just food for thought.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 13:51:32  
Idiot Boy said: »
Damn, someone is salty I nuked his shitposting sock

"nuked his shitposting sock" has to be one of the great lines of this 20k+ thread. I wish I could work that line into everyday conversation.

Also,the question was asked. Why so much 14 chatter. Someone answered with a good answer. I didn't mean any harm. This forum just drags things out. Maybe new topic? You all enjoy a good beer with a lime in it with your tacos? Its a treat. You should have one. No one in particular, but everyone.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 13:52:37  
Let me put it to you another way, I've been posting in this thread longer than some of you *** have probably even been playing XI. This thread has been used for topics ranging from gacha games, to gunpla, to anime, and in ages long past it was even used as sex ed for lonely virgins. Ya'll seriously going to start tripping cause you get triggered over the mere mention of Final Fantasy Fourteen?
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2022-01-19 13:55:32  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
mention of Final Fantasy Fourteen?
I heard it was critically acclaimed, and has a free trial all the way through Heavensward
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 13:55:54  
The thread is literally called "Random Thoughts".

This isn't r/ffxi, there is a tremendous amount of overlap between current/former XI and XIV players, there's going to be cross-chatter. I don't really understand where the confusion comes in.
It's just weird having the whole site be for two games, but only appear to be for one at a time. It's confusing enough coming to a FFXI-specific site and seeing whole forums for FFXIV content, but I can't imagine someone walking through the FFXIV door and seeing all of the FFXI topics constantly brought to the top.

It's just weird to me that it's not just one home page. Even something as simple as showing the banner as "FFXIAH/FFXIVPro" can potentially solve a lot of confusion in the future.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-19 13:57:33  
We're dragging it out. Question asked. Question answered. Now it's time to talk about tacos.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2022-01-19 14:00:43  
It's just weird to me that it's not just one home page. Even something as simple as showing the banner as "FFXIAH/FFXIVPro" can potentially solve a lot of confusion in the future.
This site's design and overall look has been calcified since the first Obama administration. Have you ever changed something people have used for a long time? ESPECIALLY software people have used for a long time? My inbox weeps at the very idea.

Also, the site DOES behave slightly differently depending on how you come in - having the visual marker that you're somewhere else is not going to change.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 14:02:16  
Honestly you're completely missing the point. Even if XIVPro didn't exist, this is not the XI section of the forum, and trying to enforce some arbitrary personal rule of "this is an XI site" when, and only when, people start chatting to each other about XIV in the general section of the forum is borderline insanity.

I don't give a single solitary *** about a whole lot of ***that you and other people post in here, but I just skim it and move on instead of whining and trying to say that it needs to be brought to a separate thread.

Just food for thought.
And that's fine. I'm guessing you read the post I made at the bottom of the last page, but I was on your guys' side there when I stated "most of the time it starts out as a "random thought" and evolves into a discussion on its own". I don't care if FFXIV stuff is mentioned in here.

What I was trying to convey before was that bigger conversations could be moved to other threads. Like, I wouldn't ask a "Random question: FFXI related" in here, I would ask it in the appropriate thread. And I wouldn't do so out of concern that I wasn't on topic, I'd do so because it would reach the eyes of forum-browsers more inclined to give me a proper answer.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-19 14:07:42  
Thing is, when we talk about XIV in here it is 99% just shooting the ***with each other about what we've done recently, opinions about things, or briefly talking about current events/news between us. They aren't thread worthy topics, it's 3 or 4 of us who have been interacting with each other on this site/in this thread for a decade enjoying a conversation. It very, very rarely becomes a technical discussion about XIV's mechanics, I can't actually think of the last time we ever had a serious technical discussion about the game.

If we were breaking down fight mechanics and ***like that a-la the Odyssey thread or something I'd agree with you, but that just doesn't happen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 14:08:21  
This site's design and overall look has been calcified since the first Obama administration. Have you ever changed something people have used for a long time? ESPECIALLY software people have used for a long time? My inbox weeps at the very idea.

Also, the site DOES behave slightly differently depending on how you come in - having the visual marker that you're somewhere else is not going to change.
Sorry. I'm unfamiliar with how difficult a change like that would be.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-01-19 14:10:19  
Thing is, when we talk about XIV in here it is 99% just shooting the ***with each other about what we've done recently, opinions about things, or briefly talking about current events/news between us. They aren't thread worthy topics, it's 3 or 4 of us who have been interacting with each other on this site/in this thread for a decade enjoying a conversation. It very, very rarely becomes a technical discussion about XIV's mechanics, I can't actually think of the last time we ever had a serious technical discussion about the game.

If we were breaking down fight mechanics and ***like that a-la the Odyssey thread or something I'd agree with you, but that just doesn't happen.
Exactly. That's why I was saying that it's virtually never intended to be a long-winded conversation.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2022-01-19 14:42:01  
Wow my happy meal came with that one crazy poster from here, forget his name

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Josiahafk 2022-01-19 14:47:12  
I can see where the energy is coming from, if someone just comes in here once a week and posts world of Warcraft videos it’s similar

But it’s still applicable and relevant here for this thread, just block a person if needed etc

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22084 22085 22086 ... 22573 22574 22575