Blade: Hi WS Set.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi WS Set.
Blade: Hi WS Set.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-11-14 18:23:43  
itchi508 said: »
Apparently you misread my post i didn ask for your opinion i asked what others are doing for dmg, and yes i do average those numbers with 85kannagi im sure im not the only one in fact there are ppl out there doin more im a beliver of if theres no SS it didn happen but this isnt a case where im boasting this is asking for otheres input on there dmg with a comparison to what iv given, also VW Nins are always just for proc sitn in mage pt with no buffs. take your nin into DD party w/ rolls/songs! And in dyna, there EPs not DC if u doubt it then u need work on your kannagi because i do 2-3 ruinaters and see bst doin higher dmg then me some times, bst ruininater can out perform your nin?

You can just ignore this guy.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-14 18:28:41  
Boredwithyou said: »
Wondering what i should do different on this set. I dont have Athos but i have thaumas and toci body. I have thaumas gloves both tekko+2, legs i have bh with 6agi but no crit. Earrings still trying to figure out what to use for my 2nd.
The seiryu kotes have +5acc/4stp/3crihit

But heres what im using now. Just trying to find the right combo

Rancorous Mantle and Moonshade Earring for sure. For body and hands, Athos's isn't terribly uncommon and just pray for Myrmex Mittens. I'd imagine augmented Seiryu's is fine until then. Ideal sets involve Khepri so good luck with that.
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-15 06:02:27  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
itchi508 said: »
Apparently you misread my post i didn ask for your opinion i asked what others are doing for dmg, and yes i do average those numbers with 85kannagi im sure im not the only one in fact there are ppl out there doin more im a beliver of if theres no SS it didn happen but this isnt a case where im boasting this is asking for otheres input on there dmg with a comparison to what iv given, also VW Nins are always just for proc sitn in mage pt with no buffs. take your nin into DD party w/ rolls/songs! And in dyna, there EPs not DC if u doubt it then u need work on your kannagi because i do 2-3 ruinaters and see bst doin higher dmg then me some times, bst ruininater can out perform your nin?
idonteven

but really, even if every other dd in the alliance is doing something wrong, they will out dd a nin (reso/shoha/ukko/smite/etc)

Apparently not if they are doing something wrong. I parsed 6 fights.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-15 06:20:35  
Actually a good amount of the time you can outdo them by virtue of the fact that they're (hopefully) swapping between a bunch of weapons trying to proc. Granted you should be helping out with Sword/Dagger/Club/GKT as well whenever you can as well.

And NIN isn't that bad, if people are derping you'll still outdamage them. Actually paying attention affects DPS more than anything, any most people these days don't even do that anymore. =P
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-15 06:28:56  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Actually a good amount of the time you can outdo them by virtue of the fact that they're (hopefully) swapping between a bunch of weapons trying to proc. Granted you should be helping out with Sword/Dagger/Club/GKT as well whenever you can as well.

And NIN isn't that bad, if people are derping you'll still outdamage them. Actually paying attention affects DPS more than anything, any most people these days don't even do that anymore. =P

I must admit that it was on Qilin, and unless it's 3 or 5 procs I don't bother proc'ing.

Edit : And NIN's spells 1, 3 or 5.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-19 00:24:06  
I've got both Scopuli Nails and Koga Kyahan +2 for my Hi set. Which is better, 7STR or 1AGI for this WS?
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-19 01:17:40  
Just use this to download the nin spreadsheet. It will answer most of your questions. You can change between target enemies on the first page and gear on the second. DPS will be at the bottom of the 'Setup' page and you can figure out the rest from there.

Mote's DPS spreadsheets

Edit - There appears to be an error somewhere. I'm getting 2 different dps numbers for "set 1" and "set 2" when comparing the same set.

Edit 2 - The ODD rates are different between the 2 sets upon download so just set those equal (30% for Hi aftermath at 100 tp) on the setup page and it works out.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-19 08:40:20  
Koga Kyahan +2 is better by a pretty good margin if you're feeling too lazy to play with the sheet yourself. =P
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-23 10:22:12  
What's better, Oce. Head +1 or Anwig with the AGI/DEX +4 Crit/WS damage +2%?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-23 15:09:42  
Anwig inside, Oce+1 outside. If I had to pick one I'd take the Oce+1 since it's a space saver, and MKE hat has other unique uses it can fill in (Waltz Recast, mainly, and a decent MDT hat, or pet job hat if you play one).
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-11-26 19:38:15  
apoc/rr/ss? or apoc/rr/gh? or rr/gh/ss?
 Ragnarok.Gunit
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-11-26 19:57:38  
Apoc/RR/GH.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-27 12:37:39  
RR/GH/SS actually does the most damage, but I usually go with Apoc instead of SS just for the utility.
 Bismarck.Shirt
サーバ: Bismarck
user: wik1
By Bismarck.Shirt 2012-12-08 13:39:07  
Glanced through, is the 4/5 Thaumas with Loki's or Athos body one of the better setups for Hi (I do have 5/5 Thaumas)?
I made this, Byakko has Crit.DMG+3%, Seiryu is unaugmented at the moment.

Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 13:56:09  
In retrospect, I wouldn't have spent so much time getting my Haidate to have perfect augments (Mine are CritDam4%, AGI+6), because it's actually only a sidegrade to using Thaumas Kecks (And I should've spent all that extra gil funding Tenryu Hakama+1 anyway). Save yourself the headache and just stick to Thaumas Kecks. Thaumas Gloves are also situationally better than Seiryu's, all dependent on dDEX of course.

Iga Dochugappa isn't really good for anything (anymore, anyway), Atheling's best for pretty much everything so it saves you some inventory too. Cavaros is a bit better inside Abyssea but probably not worth the extra inventory space.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-12-08 14:03:11  
What I'm using now seems to work pretty well, but I was just curious if there were any apparent weaknesses in this build? I'm really not on NIN that often, sadly...

Tessera Saio, perhaps?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-08 14:19:43  
Seiryu's kote gets 3% crit rate augment, can Thaumas still beat it?

TPbonus moonshade should be the best as well.

Also outside Abyssea I've been using Iga+2 body for the 5% crit, doing it wrong?
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-08 14:39:42  
Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
What I'm using now seems to work pretty well, but I was just curious if there were any apparent weaknesses in this build? I'm really not on NIN that often, sadly...

Tessera Saio, perhaps?
I use Atheling Mantle, Crudelis Belt, Rancor Collar, Qirmiz Tathlum and Moonshade Earring. Everything else is the same as yours but
I dunno which is better.

This thread says to use Windbuffet, Anguinus, or Crudelis for belts. The rest is probably all very similar. I dunno
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-08 14:42:52  

Tessera Saio, perhaps?

I use kamome as off hand, qirmiz ammo
rancor collar, moonshade, myrmex mittens, rajas instead of epona.

I don't find saio better than Athos, but I've never fought higher end mobs with nin.
By wik1 2012-12-08 15:02:58  
Okay, I had the Iga backpiece set in for the Crit Rate +3, but if Atheling Mantle beats it out, I will switch to that. Also guess I will change out my Byakko/Seiryu for Thaumas then. Thanks for the heads up.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-08 15:28:37  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Tessera Saio, perhaps?

I use kamome as off hand, qirmiz ammo
rancor collar, moonshade, myrmex mittens, rajas instead of epona.

I don't find saio better than Athos, but I've never fought higher end mobs with nin.

I'm not sure but I think Rancor collar beats the Gorget, But I guess it depends on whether this is for outside or inside imo.

If someone has some testing or an example of an outside abyssea Blade: Hi set, I'd appreciate seeing it
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-08 15:31:11  
Can't use Rancor Collar with Rancor Mantle, but I'm guessing you meant swapping to Atheling or Cavaros?
Usually you gotta compare the back and neck peices as a combo.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-08 15:34:02  
Of course
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-08 15:37:14  
Didn't pay attention thought is was atheling. And no they don't stack.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-08 18:56:51  

This is mine, although I wouldn't suggest this exact set to others. I don't play NIN very often so I'm too lazy to make a rule for inside/outside abyssea. I don't have Rancorous Mantle. I wouldn't use Rancor Collar inside. I wouldn't use Crudelis Belt outside except on weak mobs. I wouldn't use Loki's outside.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 20:21:42  
Oh, derp, of course, Rancorous Mantle. Don't know why I forgot about that when that's what I use, lol. It's generally better than Atheling but if you're not all srs bsns about NIN you can just stick to Atheling.

Quote:

If you're using 4/5 Thaumas, the Gloves are effectively worth 13 AGI, so the Thaumas will win if 5STR and 13 DEX is better than 3% crit and 2 AGI.

Quote:
This thread says to use Windbuffet, Anguinus, or Crudelis for belts. The rest is probably all very similar. I dunno

Elemental Belt is actually okay for outside use, Crudelis will win inside Abyssea though. Anguinus isn't too hard to get but I guess farming Kukulkan's pop set can be kind of a pain in the ***.
 Bismarck.Ocjp
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ocjp
By Bismarck.Ocjp 2012-12-08 20:50:40  
Iga Ningi +2 Body is better then Loki

( source DPS Excel Sheet )
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-08 20:54:22  
If your crit rate is high already Loki's will beat Iga Ningi +2. General rule is Iga outside Abyssea, Loki inside.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-09 02:55:18  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Oh, derp, of course, Rancorous Mantle. Don't know why I forgot about that when that's what I use, lol. It's generally better than Atheling but if you're not all srs bsns about NIN you can just stick to Atheling.

Quote:

If you're using 4/5 Thaumas, the Gloves are effectively worth 13 AGI, so the Thaumas will win if 5STR and 13 DEX is better than 3% crit and 2 AGI.

Quote:

Elemental Belt is actually okay for outside use, Crudelis will win inside Abyssea though. Anguinus isn't too hard to get but I guess farming Kukulkan's pop set can be kind of a pain in the ***.

Isn't the crit rate on rancorous mantle 5% like rancor collar?
Why wouldn't you use atheling which has 3% DA and 20 att in combination with rancor collar?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-09 02:57:24  
Bismarck.Ocjp said: »
Iga Ningi +2 Body is better then Loki

( source DPS Excel Sheet )

Is your nin naked with only body equipped?
Iga ningi+2 is good for Migawari only.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52