Blade: Hi WS Set.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi WS Set.
Blade: Hi WS Set.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52
By richwood 2011-01-11 07:54:37  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
richwood said:
I <3 trolls like Buddhsie (*^.^*)...does not even have nin 90 or decent gear at that, and probably has no idea how to even figure WS damage formula's
Apparently you don't either, if you think 9 agi beats 10% crit dmg.

Actually I do, what we all seem to forget here is nin is a tank, based on Eva. I have full AGI sets Nuke sets Tp sets WS sets Haste, DW/ capped subtle blow sets, and full merits.

I would gladly have a NIN-off any day with mouthy funny folk^^
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 07:55:45  
What does nin evading have to do w/ Kamome dealing more damage for blade: hi?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 07:56:05  
And it's more based on shadows than it is eva.

But def if you're looking for damage, kaome destroys sekka
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
サーバ: Asura
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-01-11 07:59:18  
richwood said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
richwood said:
I <3 trolls like Buddhsie (*^.^*)...does not even have nin 90 or decent gear at that, and probably has no idea how to even figure WS damage formula's
Apparently you don't either, if you think 9 agi beats 10% crit dmg.
Actually I do, what we all seem to forget here is nin is a tank, based on Eva. I have full AGI sets Nuke sets Tp sets WS sets Haste, DW/ capped subtle blow sets, and full merits. I would gladly have a NIN-off any day with mouthy funny folk^^

If you think that increasing your overall damage by 10% is worse than 9 AGI 20 evasion (easily at subtle blow cap and negligible evasion difference without it) there's something wrong with you ;;
[+]
By richwood 2011-01-11 08:01:46  
Aww, don't push on the Emo bottom^^

I hate to see boys cry...
 Asura.Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-01-11 08:02:54  
It's funny to see people bring out the "don't cry" defense when you reveal their stupidity
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 08:06:24  
richwood said:
Aww, don't push on the Emo bottom^^

I hate to see boys cry...
What's an emo bottom?
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-11 08:12:45  
lmao xD Buddhsie just pointed that out to me lol
By richwood 2011-01-11 08:15:30  
It is not a defense, just having fun with ya, I cold care less really^^ you just made little tear marks at the end off post which made me smile... Emo bottom, is the QQ from the spanking he needs...Maybe only funny to person with 4 kids O.o
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 08:18:34  
Quote:
I cold care less really

I hate it when people *** this up.

So, it is possible for you to care less than you currently do? Cool

It's "couldn't care less"
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-01-11 08:21:50  
richwood said:
It is not a defense, just having fun with ya, I cold care less really^^ you just made little tear marks at the end off post which made me smile... Emo bottom, is the QQ from the spanking he needs...Maybe only funny to person with 4 kids O.o
lol
[+]
By richwood 2011-01-11 08:23:54  
Tigerwoods avatar = WIN
 Asura.Takinagi
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-01-11 08:32:15  
Do you still get the Acc bonus since it is a 1 hit ws?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 08:33:11  
Asura.Takinagi said:
Do you still get the Acc bonus since it is a 1 hit ws?
The first hit gets an acc bonus. The second hit and any DA/TA don't.

And it's only a 1-hit if you single wield, dual wielding = no such thing as physical 1 hit ws.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-12 04:29:06  
Evasion katanas are pretty pointless now. I haven't bothered to +2 the pair I have, and I probably never will. Am I seriously the only NIN around here who's nearly capped evasion in his TP Gear just from cruor buffs and gnarled horn giving ten kajillion AGI? Even without that, a halfway decent evasion set will make you dodge just about everything in the game without the need to switch into different weapons.

If you're just tanking (Good job bringing that up when the discussion isn't even about tanking), you'll be wearing Tobi+1/Kannagi in main hand anyway (Just too damn good to sacrifice the extra damage, which translates to hate), and offhand Hochomasamune instead of the usual Kamome to make your utsusemis have lower recast.

For the record though, I recall the OAT Enchu+1 barely losing to Kamome in overall damage last patch. I'd like to see how Enchu+2, any of the three, compare to Kamome now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 04:34:56  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
I cold care less really

I hate it when people *** this up.

So, it is possible for you to care less than you currently do? Cool

It's "couldn't care less"

Tried to point this out to so many vent collegues, met with minimul success. /sigh

"what your actually saying is that you DO care and you could care LESS than you currently do....... get it?"

[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 04:57:36  
On track with original OP I have a query:

My example is SlugShot.

This also has an AGI mod however to pump up the numbers you use STR.

Unfortunately I dont have the understanding of the maths regarding these things and primarily rely on info from this site and the peeps who do have this ability.

Has it been tested out with the standard Jin WS set of STR and DEX?

I would myself but havent had a chance yet if im honest to run a thorough test as since getting "Hi" ive been dragged to kill everything and its mother and I havent the space to carry my AGI set and my STR/DEX set.

Ive never really been able to grasp why SS works like that either, but absolutely certain it does and thats good enough for me and my, since update, retired COR. (QQ)
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-12 05:05:58  
When people stack STR on WSs that don't have a STR mod, it was because it gave fSTR and a small bit of pDIF. Or in english, STR affects your WS in a similar way it affects your physical hits aside from the mods on the WS itself.

With sidewinder though, it has something like 15% STR and 25% AGI. So by stacking STR on that one, you get both the fSTR (normal physical hits) bonus as well as the mod on the WS itself. I don't know why someone would stack STR on Slug Shot though, since it's 30% AGI. Before Abyssea you would need to look at how much STR vs how much AGI you would be getting in a particular slot to decide which one to use.

These days, just having cruor buffs and atmas make you hit cap on fSTR pretty easy, so stacking mod is the way to go, especially when the mod is a ridiculously high percentage like Hi (60%). fSTR caps, but WS mods do not (This is why when people brew WSs with big mods will do crazy damage while some others will not see very much difference at all).

So STR/DEX setup on Hi is not that great, even outside abyssea, from the really high mod it has. In Abyssea, it's going to make barely any difference, if any at all, if you have decent atmas/buffs.
[+]
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2011-01-12 05:18:11  
just got hi tonight, aiming for this

besides atheling as back, any improvements to make?
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-01-12 05:27:49  
Part of me recalls hearing that elemental belt outdoes Crudelis by a wee bit if you're fSTR capped (Which you probably always are in Abyssea), but don't quote me on that. Aside from that, I think I'd use AGI Ring instead of Rajas.

I currently use DEX/AGI/Critdam/WSdam Anwig Salade for head- I actually replaced my AF+1 with it. Quick math in my head says it should be slightly better, but would be cool to have someone confirm it, I suppose.

I use Critdam/DA Desultor Tassets too, but I'm not sure about this one. Ambusher's might be better in the long run, don't suppose anybody here is bored enough to crunch some numbers? Heh.

I was thinking about using TP Bonus Moonshade + Brutal when I got around to finally finishing WOTG. That extra crit rate is going to look a lot more valuable if (when?) we move out of Abyssea. Hm.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-12 05:33:03  
Anwig Salade maybe?
AGI+4, WSdamage+2%, DEX+4, CritDamage+2%.
Maybe someone can turn it into math, but I feel this might be better than other +AGI head options? Maybe even a new AGI+7 Ring in place of Rajas?
And elemental belt in place of Crudelis? Going by the fact that +0.1ftp of gorget is better than the +5AGI+7Kat of Sea Torque, then the 0.1ftp of elemental belt should be better than Crudelis as well. Possibly Anguinus too because of att and DA? (read below)

Also, while it's a remarkable achievement for you to have got such an item like Auster's Pearl, check the AttVsAgi tradeoff. I've read somewhere someone mathing out that Centauros Earring (att+10) and Tumbler Trunks (att+18) will provide better results than the respective AGI counterparts you listed in your set.

Seems BestInSlot for the rest as far as I can tell!
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 07:58:42  
Leviathan.Kincard said:
When people stack STR on WSs that don't have a STR mod, it was because it gave fSTR and a small bit of pDIF. Or in english, STR affects your WS in a similar way it affects your physical hits aside from the mods on the WS itself.

With sidewinder though, it has something like 15% STR and 25% AGI. So by stacking STR on that one, you get both the fSTR (normal physical hits) bonus as well as the mod on the WS itself. I don't know why someone would stack STR on Slug Shot though, since it's 30% AGI. Before Abyssea you would need to look at how much STR vs how much AGI you would be getting in a particular slot to decide which one to use.

These days, just having cruor buffs and atmas make you hit cap on fSTR pretty easy, so stacking mod is the way to go, especially when the mod is a ridiculously high percentage like Hi (60%). fSTR caps, but WS mods do not (This is why when people brew WSs with big mods will do crazy damage while some others will not see very much difference at all).

So STR/DEX setup on Hi is not that great, even outside abyssea, from the really high mod it has. In Abyssea, it's going to make barely any difference, if any at all, if you have decent atmas/buffs.

Great info for myself, tyvm for the time you took.

And yeah my Atmas are well on par :)

Apocolypse being my fave though, insane.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 08:08:26  
Im noticing very random numbers from Hi also, highest being 4276 an lowest being a laughable 194. Norm is about 1500-2500.

Since its not elemental I ruled out that its a resist but still puzzles me. Wondering if it is a simple Acc issue due to all my bits now having AGI where poss.

Norm TP return should be 11?

Thoughts appreciated.
 Odin.Zven
サーバ: Odin
user: zven00
By Odin.Zven 2011-01-12 09:03:35  
Is that high and average ws with a Tobi+2? Seems pretty low, what's your ws setup?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-12 09:07:12  
That sounds low =/
My jins do that much with a ws-set that's put together of whatever gear I had available <_>
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-12 09:27:15  
Fenrir.Havster said:
Im noticing very random numbers from Hi also, highest being 4276 an lowest being a laughable 194. Norm is about 1500-2500.

Since its not elemental I ruled out that its a resist but still puzzles me. Wondering if it is a simple Acc issue due to all my bits now having AGI where poss.

Thoughts appreciated.
Normal TP return is going to depend on your stp.

Wear you ws build. Go hit something twice. W/e tp yo uget, that's going to be your regular TP return for Hi. Landing 1 hit will be the same as one swing in melee gear. DA/TA will add TP, missing will subtract. Missing one of the 2 main hits and then adding DA/TA will be somewhere in the middle.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-12 10:25:36  
Fenrir.Havster said:

Thoughts appreciated.
It's a two-hit WS (including offhand) with high fTP. Miss the first hit but land the second with no DA/TA or crits, it's going to suck. Land and crit everything with some extra attacks thrown in, damage will skyrocket.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 10:28:23  
yep 10-14 it would appear, depending on DA/TA proc. ok I think it may be a straight acc issue.

Had my Jin balanced for a consistant 11 return but this one isnt as stable likely I would presume from the now absent DEX.

Fixing now.

TY
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-12 10:29:42  
Jin is a 4-hit WS, TP return is naturally going to be higher than Hi's.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 10:31:30  
Odin.Zven said:
Is that high and average ws with a Tobi+2? Seems pretty low, what's your ws setup?

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Should have said thats outside of Abyssea lol.

Inside consistant (apart from the Acc issue im fixing) 3000-4000.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52