Blade: Hi WS Set.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi WS Set.
Blade: Hi WS Set.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 50 51 52
 Fenrir.Havster
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 10:34:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Jin is a 4-hit WS, TP return is naturally going to be higher than Hi's.

I would always get 11-14 back consistant with Jin.

Hi is giving me 10-14 depending on DA/TA procs at the mo.

The accuracy farts are giving me 4's and 6's sometime. Not often, but enough to make me frown.

Playing with it now.

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-12 10:37:20  
If it's ~90% of the time, nothing you can do. 95% acc cap, two hits, 0.95^2=0.9025
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-12 10:42:28  
Edit: Norm is 9 return, must of DA'd lol.

But getting more consistant, ty everyone for your answers, sorted my issue nicely.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-01-17 12:03:13  
Anyone notice that the Agi atmas don't help? I did some ws' with RR/VV/Apoc and then Switched to gnarled horn, Kirin, stangling wind which put my AGI at 84+216. Weaponskills were the same.

Here is my current set that I am playing with:

I don't have a better head piece. I accidentially tossed the Crudelis Belt I got. I'm thinking about getting rid of Lithe since AF1 boots have the same AGI.

I'm curious what you guys think about:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19291/oirandori
10 less delay that Kamome but more dmg and Ninja tool expertise.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 12:15:56  
Stop eyeballing and use RR/Apoc/GH next time. Kamome is best offhand for inside Abyssea, easily. Outside, something else is probably better (STR or AGI Magian, maybe Oirandori).

Some of those slots should really be attack rather than miniscule amounts of AGI (back, legs til you get Ambusher's, head instead of STR until you get AF+1/Bersail).
By richwood 2011-01-17 18:44:58  
Deals quadruple damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP?

So Quadruple damage means out side of dual wield it is not a multiple hit WS?

Would it be wise to Use more + Critical damage and Agility Gear verses Double Attack and Attack Gear?

I am working hard right now on finished Kannagi, I am also working on WS gear set for it. Many pieces I have. just wondering how to maximize the damage I can put out with Blade: Hi.

Here is what I am thinking...

Anwig= 4 Dex & Crit Damage+2%, + 4 Agi WS Damage+2%

Please post what gear set you feel would maximize damage out put. If you can show, non brewed or double damage type mobs, of consistent damage with your set as well as which Atmas: possibly math on WS damage.

Screen shots of Blade: Hi's would be great, thanks.
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-17 19:09:55  
No SS but I done a 5104 with Tobi +2 on Gnawtooth Gary.

Dont know how to do the set like you have in a pic so ill list:

Tobi+2/Kamome
Ammo: Qirmiz
Head: Deceit Mask (I realise this isnt the highest AGI avail but the Acc helped balance out the misses from my previous posts, the DEX and Enmity doesnt hurt either!)
Neck: Soil Gorget
Ear1: Brutal
Ear2: Centaurus Earring
Body: Kirins (Till Loki)
Hands: Iga+1 (till Seiryu's)
Ring1: Solemn Ring
Ring 2: Breeze Ring (Both of these will be upgraded when AH has any)
Back: Cavaros Mantle
Belt: Crudelis Belt
Legs: Tumbler Trunks
Feet: Lithe Boots (Till better is avail to me)

Atmas: RR, GH, Apocalypse

Norms in Abys are 3k+ clocking in fairly regular 4k+ and outside 1.5k-2.5k

Sorry its in list form and not in an item set box.

By richwood 2011-01-17 19:13:22  
Bump, I am just trying to figure this out, from the math I have been doing it almost seems that trial weapon with 10% damage would be better. using same crit set(Change Agi to Dex and Str+Attack in gear) and VV/RR/what ever else ya use for 3rd.

I get consistent 2.5-4k With Jin as is. Sometime I miss a hit and get 1.5k. Just hoping when I get Kannagi it is more then bag space (-1) lol (*^.^*)
By richwood 2011-01-17 19:17:03  
Fenrir.Havster said:
No SS but I done a 5104 with Tobi +2 on Gnawtooth Gary.

Dont know how to do the set like you have in a pic so ill list:

Tobi+2/Kamome
Ammo: Qirmiz
Head: Deceit Mask (I realise this isnt the highest AGI avail but the Acc helped balance out the misses from my previous posts, the DEX and Enmity doesnt hurt either!)
Neck: Soil Gorget
Ear1: Brutal
Ear2: Centaurus Earring
Body: Kirins (Till Loki)
Hands: Iga+1 (till Seiryu's)
Ring1: Solemn Ring
Ring 2: Breeze Ring (Both of these will be upgraded when AH has any)
Back: Cavaros Mantle
Belt: Crudelis Belt
Legs: Tumbler Trunks
Feet: Lithe Boots (Till better is avail to me)

Atmas: RR, GH, Apocalypse

Norms in Abys are 3k+ clocking in fairly regular 4k+ and outside 1.5k-2.5k

Sorry its in list form and not in an item set box.

Very nice, with same atmas I use as well. If you are doing 4k consistently Kannagi is fully worth it then, will more likely do 4k+ on average I would assume once gear is maxed out for it.

To make the picture with gear, go to your account and make "Item Set" Then it will show item set link for posting it. Hope that helps.
 Shiva.Yoshime
サーバ: Shiva
user: Yoshime
By Shiva.Yoshime 2011-01-17 19:28:10  

What I'm using currently while trying to get Ambusher's Hose and Hachiryu feet just finished a few days ago as well. /WAR, RR GH Apoc, Red Curry Bun or Marina +1 I usually get 2-4k+ damage on nq/xp mobs and I remember doing over 6k on 1 mob but that was just one time lol. On NMs 2-3k+ range. All these numbers have no BRD buffs or Stalwart's Tonic etc.

I'm using this great spreadsheet found here. Will give you some ideas comparing which gear sets would be good inlcuding comparisons using Atmas, food etc.
By richwood 2011-01-17 19:30:37  
Shiva.Yoshime said:

What I'm using currently while trying to get Ambusher's Hose and Hachiryu feet just finished a few days ago as well. /WAR, RR GH Apoc, Red Curry Bun or Marina +1 I usually get 2-4k+ damage on nq/xp mobs and I remember doing over 6k on 1 mob but that was just one time lol. On NMs 2-3k+ range. All these numbers have no BRD buffs or Stalwart's Tonic etc.

I'm using this great spreadsheet found here. Will give you some ideas comparing which gear sets would be good inlcuding comparisons using Atmas, food etc.

Oh'Very nice link Thank You (*^.^*)

Have you tried Jin with Kannagi also, to compare them side to side?
 Caitsith.Ravant
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-01-17 19:31:46  
Centaurus Earring > AGI earring?
 Fenrir.Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-01-17 19:32:37  
Appreciated info, ty :)

I would make one but its 1.20am so bed is more appealing >.<

With the intentional upgrades ive stipulated I would deefinately say I can rely on high end 3k's norm 4's yeah.

Earlier post regarding AGI atmas not making a diff I bolted on Kirins instead of Apoc to play with this (couldnt really call it a test, was only about 50 WSs) and found, although I didnt get higher numbers so often, it certainly made a very stable 3.4-3.8k.

In short, seemed more consistant and removed the sporadic high end 2k ones but also removed poss high spikes from Apocalypse.

Would need to parse this over a long period to find out long term results but personally I think Apoc will always beat it. If nothing else than straight DoT due to the Melee hits/TP gain increase and subsequent WS frequency.
 Shiva.Yoshime
By Shiva.Yoshime 2011-01-17 19:35:04  
I haven't tried but I'm fairly certain Hi will be ahead by a noticeable amount. Last night I was also bored and helped a friend kill some mandys in Boyada tree for his trials and I wanted to see how Blade: Hi would do outside abyssea. I went /DNC and got 1200+ - 2000-ish.
 Shiva.Yoshime
By Shiva.Yoshime 2011-01-17 19:38:23  
Caitsith.Ravant said:

Using that spreadsheet I mentioned it seems that way unless it is an AGI+4 or higher earring.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-17 19:59:54  
Caitsith.Ravant said:
Situational. If pDIF capped AGI wins by default, otherwise you'll need an AGI+4 earring and then it'll vary by buffs and whether you're in or outside Abyssea.

richwood said:
Bump, I am just trying to figure this out, from the math I have been doing it almost seems that trial weapon with 10% damage would be better.
Doesn't work offhanded.

My goal build, though I'm tempted to use Aesir Ear Pendant over Centaurus for Conserve TP and inventory +1. Situational items listed in set notes. MKD hat not used because I have other augments on it. Maat's over AF+1/Bersail is basically a wash inside Abyssea unless you're not fSTR capped; outside, the DEX may contribute to critrate and thus be of some value.

EDIT: and a different offhand for when I'm outside Abyssea, for whatever it's worth.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-18 09:02:54  
Hope Torque in place of Torque because of the high base FTP of Blade: Hello?

In the past several tests were done testing the Torque Vs Gorget war and the latter was almost unilaterally decreed the winner, altough as far as I can remember most of those tests were on SAM's YGK.
YGK have low base FTP (so this favours Gorgets over Torques) and get very little return from attack (once again favouring Gorgets, since this reduces the efficiency of those +7 GKT skill).

Now situation is a bit different for Blade: Hello. Higher FTP and a supposedly good efficiency of Attack. But will this be enough to make Torque win over Gorget this time?
Maybe yes, sicne the victory of Gorgets over Torques for YGK wasn't that HUGE after all if I recall.

Also Nightfyre, how about those +18 attack legs (can't remember the name, Tumbler Trunks maybe?) in place of Ambusher?
Don't know the tradeoff ratio of AGI:Att, but with these two pieces it's almost 1:2, and I doubt AGI can be that much better, can it?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-18 11:29:21  
Asura.Sechs said:
Hope Torque in place of Torque because of the high base FTP of Blade: Hello?
Basically, yeah. You're looking at a 5.0 fTP WS including the offhand, making a gorget a mere 2% increase. Add /WAR DA and Brutal Earring, average 5.3 fTP. Now it's a 1.89% increase. Add Epona's Ring, 5.4692 and a 1.83% increase, etc. Atma of the Apocalypse in particular really dilutes the value of a gorget. Compare that to 5 AGI (2.55 base damage) and 7 attack and you'll see that the torque adds more unless pDIF capped or possibly with unfavorable WSC rounding.

Quote:
Also Nightfyre, how about those +18 attack legs (can't remember the name, Tumbler Trunks maybe?) in place of Ambusher?
Don't know the tradeoff ratio of AGI:Att, but with these two pieces it's almost 1:2, and I doubt AGI can be that much better, can it?
They're not bad, probably your next best option in pDIF uncapped situations. That said, Ambusher's will beat them in nearly every situation.
 Titan.Wubby
サーバ: Titan
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-19 10:40:25  
I re-did MKD last night and was planning to go for a Jin headpiece, but decided to augment it for Hi since I can always just get an Aias Bonnet from Yaanei. I was wondering what people were choosing for their augments.

Agi +4/+2% WSD is a no brainer as the first pick.

STR+4/+15 WSACC - seems like a good choice as well, however the STR seems wasted inside Abyssea since I can't picture any situations where fSTR will be uncapped with a D52 weapon, so it become just an acc augment.

AGI+2/Haste - adds more to WSC, but the haste is wasted since it's a WS piece.

Dex+4/2% Crit Hit damage - Crit Hit damage is capped with GH/Qirmiz/Loki's. This augment would allow you to hit the crit hit damage cap without Loki's, but why would you want to do that?

Lastly, MKD hat should be better than Bersail Cap, right?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-19 10:44:18  
Quote:
Crit Hit damage is capped with GH/Qirmiz/Loki's. This augment would allow you to hit the crit hit damage cap without Loki's, but why would you want to do that?

I'm sure you meant RR and not GH, but

RR + Kamome = 40, loki = 45, quirmiz = 48. Qirmiz is not 5%, the testing i've seen put it more consistently with 3%, meaning the 2% from Moogle cap would add 2 and cap you at 50.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-19 11:11:34  
Kinda offtopic, but have anybody done a parse to see how much better Hi is than Jin?
Avarage % increase*
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-19 11:21:11  
~20% ignoring weapon D, maybe a bit more inside Abyssea since you're pushing a slightly higher WSC value on Hi.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-19 11:30:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
~20% ignoring weapon D, maybe a bit more inside Abyssea since you're pushing a slightly higher WSC value on Hi.

Nice, thanks ^^,
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-19 11:37:54  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Actually, I'm going to recheck this... Got a significantly higher difference running it through Motenten's spreadsheet, high enough that Gnarled Horn alone shouldn't be accounting for it (Jin gets RR but it's a 30% mod instead of 60%, small gain for Hi there). Will go over the numbers again after work.
 Titan.Wubby
サーバ: Titan
user: Xerlic
By Titan.Wubby 2011-01-19 11:59:29  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Crit Hit damage is capped with GH/Qirmiz/Loki's. This augment would allow you to hit the crit hit damage cap without Loki's, but why would you want to do that?
I'm sure you meant RR and not GH, but RR + Kamome = 40, loki = 45, quirmiz = 48. Qirmiz is not 5%, the testing i've seen put it more consistently with 3%, meaning the 2% from Moogle cap would add 2 and cap you at 50.
Oops. Yea, I meant RR. Good to know about Qirmiz. Maybe I will go for the Dex/Agi augment then.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-19 11:59:36  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
i was actually thinking about what to use for blade:hi myself,

(I've Updated my itemset below.)

this is prob what I'm going to be using once i get the Katana, there's an Agi+5 back and Agi+6 neck and Agi+5 waist so another +10~12 agi i could get on the set, which I'll prob aim for inside Abyssea. this could be my outside Abyssea macro lol.

just wanted to say i posted this over a month ago, this is pretty much the build im using except i did the /duh thing of actually using brutal / eponas (getting that today hopefully) for ws.
also, i have a friend crafting agi+7 ring for me atm, even though i know the itemset shows +6 ring :x.

i just wanted to say i had to switch from Vhelm to bersail cap, because even though its a 1hit ws, i actually had Accuracy issues. (i should mention i have 85 kannagi i suppose) , inside abyssea on harder nms i was missing the sometimes one hit in the ws often. taking out vhelm and adding in shadowbelt helped a bit. as you know the ws does 1hit then 2nd hit for offhand. from there you can get a multitude of additional hits from DA/TA/Af3setbonus. my tp return has varied anywhere from 4~14tp return. i'd say i avrg 3-4k depending on the mob, with spikes as high as 5-6k, sorry that i dont have a parse to show :P

if you have any ideas/opinions on what i could add that would be better i'd love to hear it o/.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-01-19 12:27:11  
Working towards

By Catsby 2011-01-19 13:51:01  
Don't forget the aftermath effect! :3
Hi is a really nice weaponskill for ninja because of the high FTP and the decent WSC (that ninja gets by the boatload!). But I want you to ignore that for a second and look at your DoT. Your damage takes off like a rocket once you gain that aftermath. In most of my parses I'm 60/40 (melee/WS) even with 3-4k Hellos at 100ish tp.

I actually have questions for you guys though. Let's go forward about 8 months or so from now and assume we are in a new event that isn't abyssea. We don't have atmas so we no longer have that nice +100 to our base stats and our critrate is no longer a delicious 85+%. Do you feel it would be wise to make a ToM katana (specifically STR/Atk or double attack+) or just stick with kamome for offand?

I ask because it's noticeably harder (outside of abyssea) to boost attack on slot without sacrificing some other important stat. The exception being our offhand, which is kind of our "fill in the gap" slot for different circumstances. I realize that may answer my own question but this will be my 8th ToM katana so I kind of want to make it my last...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-19 13:53:20  
Catsby said:
Don't forget the aftermath effect! :3

Yeah ofc, but I just wanted to know how the dmg was compared to Jin on avarage, if that post was pointed towards my question :p
By Catsby 2011-01-19 14:48:24  
the 20% posted earlier seems like a very modest start but that could just be abyssea screwing things up.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 50 51 52