Blade: Hi WS Set.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi WS Set.
Blade: Hi WS Set.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-01-19 15:00:50  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Kinda offtopic, but have anybody done a parse to see how much better Hi is than Jin?
Avarage % increase*

i dont have a parse but i just wanted to give you some input, my jins are usually 1k dmg shorter than my hi's.

i avrg 2-3k Jins
i avrg 3-4k Hi's

highest i've done w/ Jin was 5k.
highest i've done w/ Hi was 6k

one additional bonus i like about Hi,is that the ws animation is alot shorter than Jin, as soon as i hit the ws macro, before i even swap back to tp gear i've done like an attack round and a half depending on how much haste i have lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2011-01-21 08:45:30  
I know this is little "late" but it pertains to the aftermath, and how much potential blade: hi has

apologize in advance for large size of the photos
By Tempelritter 2011-01-21 09:47:52  
lol7k hi on Smiter.

To say so much potential on Ironclad that takes bonus damage cause it change weakness, epic.

----------------------

And ya if you got a decent Jin build, you can catch up Hi easily,

A friend doin around 4k Jins average, i do with kannagi around the same, but atleast the aftermath win overtime.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2011-01-21 10:47:57  
ahh I didn't realize that Ironclad takes bonus damage hahahaha....

was wondering why my critical hit went through the roof and do upto 700 dmg...

nice to know
 Odin.Zven
サーバ: Odin
user: zven00
By Odin.Zven 2011-01-21 11:21:51  
Hi average from last Einherjar if ppl are interested in outside stuff (Red Curry, Chaos/Fighters, Triple Bats with attack down most of the time, Dragon boss but died on the first dispel > oneshot), doubt I could come close with Jin. 4k Jin inside even seems interesting, got any parses to prove or is it just eyeballing?

- Blade: Hi 26464 100.00 % 13/0 100.00 % 526/3006 2035.69

And fwiw, my highest inside yet..
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2011-01-21 11:57:34  
As fun as Hi is, and as much as it outdoes Blade: Jin (By a hefty margin), every parse I run, has me close to 75% Melee damage compared to 25% WS damage.

When I finally finish Kannagi and put my Tobi +2 away I'm going to fall in love with the ODD.

You can check my profile for my Hi set (Which is a set for inside Abyssea), but every way I've looked at it, the averages will have Hi wallomping Jin by a good 30 to 35% in damage.

Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-26 12:42:22  

You guys think this would be a good inside/outside set? Not looking to have the record blade: hi ever made by man, just looking for high consistency.

I figure the legs would be nice for higher katana skill and accuracy for extra hits.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-26 15:10:48  
Damn, I just realized I never got back to this thread.

Keep in mind Blade: Hi packs the majority of its power into a single hit. This hit should receive a substantial accuracy bonus, meaning that it will more or less always be at 95% hitrate. As a result, any additional accuracy will only affect the offhand hit and any DAs/TAs. That's not to say that considering hitrate is a bad thing, but I'd try to make more efficient swaps than 10 AGI for 12.5 acc and 5 attack. Suggestions with accuracy in mind would include changing AF+1 head for deceit mask, body for iga ningi +2, and hands for iga tekko +2. The DEX on all 3 items is also a nice bonus outside Abyssea (assuming non-Abyssea content next update that actually makes DEX relevant...) since it'll contribute to critrate. Changing Soil Belt to anguinus belt would also be an option; to be honest Anguinus or Crudelis will pretty much always beat ele belt anyway.

Now, Hi vs Jin: Using Tobi +2/Sekka +2 (STR) with Pizza +1 for non-Abyssea comparison, Tobi +2/Kamome with Bison Steak for inside Abyssea. Outside the difference was actually below my expected value; a mere 11% difference. What caused this? Basically, the STR + DEX mods on Jin are more suited to a non-Abyssea environment. My optimized Hi set had high but uncapped fSTR and very low dDEX, whereas Jin capped fSTR and had near-capped dDEX. The fact that certain pieces optimal for both WS in the proposed environment benefitted Jin more than Hi didn't help either. Adding more DEX to my Hi set produced less than favorable results, and I don't feel that reducing mob AGI would give accurate results. Mobs with higher AGI would decrease the gap between the two WS however; higher eva would as well.

Inside Abyssea, the results were completely different. With both WS using RR/Apoc/GH (Jin gained less than 0.1% from RR/Apoc/A&O and it's the better general purpose atma anyway), Hi was ahead by a solid 30%. Chalk it up to capped fSTR, critrate, and more favorable WSC.

It should be noted that Jin users would obviously be using a different mainhand than Tobi +2. STR/STR vs Tobi/STR actually leads to some very close values outside Abyssea, such that the difference between a Tobi Hi NIN and a non-Hi NIN may become rather small when we leave Abyssea. Kannagi on the other hand will retain a substantial lead due to the inherent strength of the weapon itself along with the aftermath effect.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, sets were optimized individually for both inside and outside Abyssea. The set I posted previously is what I used for Hi inside Abyssea, but my outside Abyssea set had some significant differences.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shaj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shaj
By Bahamut.Shaj 2011-01-26 16:36:45  
richwood said:
Deals quadruple damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP?

So Quadruple damage means out side of dual wield it is not a multiple hit WS?

Would it be wise to Use more + Critical damage and Agility Gear verses Double Attack and Attack Gear?

I am working hard right now on finished Kannagi, I am also working on WS gear set for it. Many pieces I have. just wondering how to maximize the damage I can put out with Blade: Hi.

Here is what I am thinking...

Anwig= 4 Dex & Crit Damage+2%, + 4 Agi WS Damage+2%

Please post what gear set you feel would maximize damage out put. If you can show, non brewed or double damage type mobs, of consistent damage with your set as well as which Atmas: possibly math on WS damage.

Screen shots of Blade: Hi's would be great, thanks.

Great set but i'd use Brutal and Drone or an Attack Earring
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-26 17:23:00  

There is quite a bit of accuracy there, less agi, more dex.

Is dex a huge contributor still to Hi?

I like the look of Iga Hakama +2, hate the tight tights look.

Is that set ideal more for outside abyssea?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-26 18:02:31  
Leviathan.Draugo said:
Is dex a huge contributor still to Hi?
Not really. Inside Abyssea you're pretty much automatically capping critrate, so it won't contribute anything except accuracy. Outside, it's only a significant factor if dDEX is already high (40<=dDEX<50). Given the particulars of an optimized Hi set and the strength of the AGI mod, this is rarely if ever going to be the case on anything that matters and the sacrifices you'd make to reach that value are not worthwhile.

Quote:
Is that set ideal more for outside abyssea?
If you're referring to
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
then no, this was optimized for inside Abyssea. If you're referring to your own set, it's fairly close to the mark if you need accuracy. Otherwise, Seiryu's Kote and AF+1 head should probably be used.

Mabrook: Aisance +1 -> Atheling, Rajas -> Epona's
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-01-26 19:23:43  
Wow centaurus earring is dirt cheap, I just found my new partner to brutal for jin!

On a side grade to the discussion, this is kind of a nice WS for tanking, high damage, and keeps eva up in your WS set.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-31 18:42:42  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Crit Hit damage is capped with GH/Qirmiz/Loki's. This augment would allow you to hit the crit hit damage cap without Loki's, but why would you want to do that?

I'm sure you meant RR and not GH, but

RR + Kamome = 40, loki = 45, quirmiz = 48. Qirmiz is not 5%, the testing i've seen put it more consistently with 3%, meaning the 2% from Moogle cap would add 2 and cap you at 50.

I kept wondering wtf I was missing when I read that capped crit dmg when looking up individual crit dmg #s from all, I felt like I couldn't add or something.

So with RR + Kamome, Loki, Quirmiz what's the main reason people are not mentioning Iga Erimaki to cap crit dmg? Asking for Jin and Hi, would you only use Iga Erimaki if you did not have a Gorget for either WS? What if you had no other way to cap crit dmg would you still be better off going with gorget over capping crit dmg?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 18:52:01  
going to be roughly equal I'd estimate dependin gon DA/TA procs.

Gorget will win no DA/TA

Roughly even DA (prolly a bit above)

Slightly loses w/ TA

So overall, it still wins, so no reason to use the neck slot for crit dmg+
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-31 18:53:16  
nvm counted the 2% crit dmg as the only 2% when it's actually the last 2% needed to cap. It's gonna be worth less in this case. Gorget should win in all situations, easily.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-02-03 16:12:26  
hmm not for myself but we just finsihed my bf's kannagi 85... now i've been wondering about offhand weapon.
everyone allways just says kamome... but whats about this occ att 2-4 times Trial katana? would this be a better DoT dmg weapon then the 10% crit boost on the Kamome (and the acc/att)?
I dont know the procs on the 2-4 times weapon how often they happen but i guess could be like twice as fast TP gain. But you'll loose dmg on the offhand.. would this be very bad for the comparisson Kamome or 2-4 times weapon?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2011-02-03 16:17:12  
In abyssea: Kamome. No question about it.

Outside it's more likely something like Oirandori. If gaining TP is your focus, 2-4 is great. If doing damage is your focus, 2-4 is a piece of trash.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-02-03 16:21:18  
Kamome and Kamome ~ for now
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-02-03 16:22:49  
Blade: Hi is an Amazing Weapon Skill Taking none other can hit more than 3 K

If you would like to maximize it , I would suggest Atma + AGI armor on every Slot possible

that should manage a good dmg with Tobi +2 or Kannagi

but as offhand I def would use Sekka +2 with AGI+9 EVA+20

Just in case.

anyways, Peace, Working on my Tobi +2 / Kannagi lvl 85
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-02-03 16:22:56  
well guess need to say he is /dnc 90% of the time so no /war pew pew buffs cause we duo most things. so yea its about TP gain aswell.

He just tried it out today and said it sometimes hard to ws again in aftermath cause he uses TP for dnc stuff aswell.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-03 16:25:11  
Cerberus.Mindi said:
hmm not for myself but we just finsihed my bf's kannagi 85... now i've been wondering about offhand weapon.
everyone allways just says kamome... but whats about this occ att 2-4 times Trial katana? would this be a better DoT dmg weapon then the 10% crit boost on the Kamome (and the acc/att)?
I dont know the procs on the 2-4 times weapon how often they happen but i guess could be like twice as fast TP gain. But you'll loose dmg on the offhand.. would this be very bad for the comparisson Kamome or 2-4 times weapon?

Here you go
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-03 16:28:50  
hope > gorget > arctier's/whatever?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-03 16:35:53  
Cerberus.Mindi said:
well guess need to say he is /dnc 90% of the time so no /war pew pew buffs cause we duo most things. so yea its about TP gain aswell.

He just tried it out today and said it sometimes hard to ws again in aftermath cause he uses TP for dnc stuff aswell.
Even then I'd consider looking at something else. High delay offhand is going to hurt your aftermath proc frequency.

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
hope > gorget > arctier's/whatever?
Yeah.
 Cerberus.Nequito
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-02-03 16:38:17  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
Blade: Hi is an Amazing Weapon Skill Taking none other can hit more than 3 K If you would like to maximize it , I would suggest Atma + AGI armor on every Slot possible that should manage a good dmg with Tobi +2 or Kannagi but as offhand I def would use Sekka +2 with AGI+9 EVA+20 Just in case. anyways, Peace, Working on my Tobi +2 / Kannagi lvl 85

Dont agree with *most* of this and I hit 3k+ very often w/o Kannagi

~That is all

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-03 16:44:28  
It's Kuroganashi, just ignore him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-02-03 17:11:16  
btw is Denali Body (10 Agi 9* att) best choice until can get a Loki's body?

*edit
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-02-03 17:16:44  
Kirins osode tops denali body, extra str etc always helps especially if outside abyssea, which is like a 1/1000000 chance of happening these days.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-02-03 17:20:42  
Inside abyssea for now ;) And there enough ppl said already in this thread that you wont really need STR ._.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 50 51 52