users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » How do you build lights
How do you build lights
First Page 2
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 15:24:02  
Pick up group.. capped azure .. capped pearl.. was hating on ruby light

W/e i make a pt i normally head to the bugard camp and am making 660 exp a kill around the hour mark..

***is weak and dies fast at lvl 90 cap now and can build time even with all lights capped (amber , ruby , pearl , azure)

I usually make my pt and don't normally join others makes me wonder..

is it standard to not cap ruby lights in a group?

I mean i like to get my exp capped fast after changing jobs and waiting on a a gold light chest to pop every 15 mins because lights aren't capped take forever to level all my jobs.

and lol time.. sure having 1000 mins time is cool and all but id rather get in and out fast, as long as i dont dip below 120 mins who cares.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-15 15:28:50  
Sounds like a bad party. Only reason I wouldn't want to work on ruby lights is if I was aiming to get gold chests.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2010-12-15 15:37:59  
your a sam/drg using an Onimaru on 90 sam, nuffsed.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 15:43:05  
i regret joining someone elses aby exp party every single time, i end up getting pissed start bitching and they act like im the problem.

people try to do these hybrid parties its stupid. Cap Azure -> Cap Pearl -> Pick Ruby if you're an exp party or Pick Amber if you need gold chests wtf don't people get this?

i did this last night had to leave this lolparty. I told them hey im sorry this just isn't working out someone find me a rep. they tell me I gotta find my own rep, then one of the *** says they should kick me out. I'm like wtf go ahead kick me out of your shitty *** party with shitty *** exp.

went to jeuno made a domi party, got mad exp for 2 hrs and then went to bed. i dont have the patience or time to build slow *** exp like we used to in Tahrongi. If you don't know how to lead an exp ally (it's not hard) then don't try.
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 15:43:14  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
your a sam/drg using an Onimaru on 90 sam, nuffsed.

yah yah im gimp.. still know how to build lights and make good exp group >_>

sam is gimp no matter what you gear it with these days anyways..

gotta get all jobs to lvl 99 for w/e new atma they give for it (watch it be an exp bonus atma >_>)

besides .. only job that matters is bst.. nuff said :o
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2010-12-15 15:54:53  
With the light you get out of ebon light chests there is no reason to try and get ruby, you'll cap out either way... I cant stand ruby light cause I normally stay in the zone with friends and try and make use of that 500 min....But opinions are like *** everyones got one...
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 15:56:27  
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
With the light you get out of ebon light chests there is no reason to try and get ruby, you'll cap out either way... I cant stand ruby light cause I normally stay in the zone with friends and try and make use of that 500 min....But opinions are like *** everyones got one...

If i wanted to build time for NM's or w/e id just do that.. its not incredibly hard.. no need to slow down exp for everybody else.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 15:57:24  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
besides .. only job that matters is bst.. nuff said :o
QFT ;)

The parties I get on Lakshmi are mixed. Some are "omfg /rage no ruby!!!" others just don't give a damn.

The only fail Abyssea party I've been in was in Tahrongi where we had one of those anti-ruby light leaders. Pretty sad to time out with 120 starting minutes and be constantly killing the entire time.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2010-12-15 15:59:48  
Getting ruby just for golden light, in my opinion there is no reason for that. Again read the last sentence of my last post ^^
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 16:06:13  
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Getting ruby just for golden light, in my opinion there is no reason for that. Again read the last sentence of my last post ^^

I think the reason to get ruby is so a ton of gold light chests drop..

people change jobs and new people rotate into pt's fast.. and capping exp quickly is my goal (as long as i dont dip below 120 mins)

I join an exp pt to get exp as quickly as possible and no taking 2~3 hours to cap exp is a big thing in a successful pt for me.. i dont mind amber it helps people with key items or w/e but as long as i get a lot of gold im happy.

Don't you hate joining a pt and after 2 hours only making 4 or maybe 5 hundred exp a kill?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 16:09:28  
when i exp that's all i want exp. personally 500TE is useless for me I don't really play for 8+ hours in one sitting anymore =\ fml fRL. i build ruby so initially we can cap gold quick and so new people can get capped gold quick

usually i find that i run out of IRL time quicker than I run out of stones/TE but I realize this isn't the case for everyone.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2010-12-15 16:10:41  
Personally I have better luck capping time by going Full Pearl, then full Ruby, 20 intese ebons at your at cap, sure thats a major risk but if your kill speed is increadibly fast, and you have people who are not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE killing their own mob, or even better, 3 WARs a BRD or 2, could get some intense fell cleave action going on.

I wouldn't personally do it if I was duoing time chests / key items but in a group of 12+ I definetly go that route, and with 3 lunar abyssite, its sooooo much easier to keep a very quick kill speed,

Quote:
something about bst

altho my PS3 wont let me quote you, yeah I'll agree with you, a good BST can hold its own very well now, only thing it cant do is spike its DPS for quick kills .. well no I guess I lied there, if you have a killer Primal Rend build you could but still :s I don't see many BSTs with a ***load of MAB gear just laying around.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-15 16:32:43  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said:
Quote:
something about bst

altho my PS3 wont let me quote you, yeah I'll agree with you, a good BST can hold its own very well now, only thing it cant do is spike its DPS for quick kills .. well no I guess I lied there, if you have a killer Primal Rend build you could but still :s I don't see many BSTs with a ***load of MAB gear just laying around.
Not to really make this be a BST discussion, but I can spike up to the 2000 damage range on Rampage. Primal Rend can't spike and generally hangs out around 1000.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-12-15 16:37:03  
RUBY LIGHT IS THE DEVIL'S LIGHT

NO WS OR I KICK YOUR DOG

Occasionally when a few guys in my shell lead Abyssea XP parties we go for ruby light first, because ebon light includes pearl and azure anyway, so why not. Of course, there's also the select few shining stars hanging around the server who actually refuse/kick other people who have Propserity abyssites...
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-15 17:29:21  
took BLM/NIN/THF all 85-90 in the same party, Frigate Birds in mezzy
and with working azure/pearl/ruby lights i went 100exp to 610exp in 1hr 25m on every single job

also was up to 300+ min everytime i swapped jobs

the only time i do not like ruby is when in my egls and we jumping NM to NM for seal farming
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 17:34:25  
Just curious and getting some tips for myself, but what is the basic light-building strategy for a typical abyssea exp party?
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 17:36:24  
I usually do Azure (3 ephermeal murex) >> pearl >> ruby/amber same time as wanted .. for exp pt at least

I dont think the hero's zones have ephermeal mobs but it shouldn't take long to cap azure either way.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 17:38:55  
And this is which zone? I've only ever been a chest opener but I would like to try my hand at making one and see how it goes. >__>

The only parties I've ever been in were on bats or mandies in Tahrongi.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 17:41:49  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
And this is which zone? I've only ever been a chest opener but I would like to try my hand at making one and see how it goes. >__>

The only parties I've ever been in were on bats or mandies in Tahrongi.

zone shouldn't matter too much.. i have noticed exp seems to cap faster in scars/heroes zones than it does in visions ..

i do normally avoid visions zones though because better stuff in gold chests from newer zones imo.
 Leviathan.Rihoko
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-12-15 17:42:49  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Just curious and getting some tips for myself, but what is the basic light-building strategy for a typical abyssea exp party?

Magic Attack kills => Azure Light (3-5 Ephemeral mob is enough to cap depending on zone and their toughness, or 25-30 normal mob who gives azure light by killing with magic attack, and capping Azure gives you time extensions from blue chests)

Normal Attack kills => Pearl Light (you need 25-30 normal attack kills, no shortcut for this, and capping Pearl gives you more chests drops of all kinds)

Elemental Weapon Skill kills => Amber Light (3-5 Ephemeral or 25-30 normal mob killed with elemental weapon skills caps amber, and capping Amber gives you more gold chest drops)

Normal Weapon Skill kills => Ruby Light (shortly, if you are after exp and cruor increase you may want to go after this, beacuse Ruby chests yields all kinds of lights including Silver, Gold, vs..., however you need to make sure you get time extensions as well)

You choose your strategy which light to cap first.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-12-15 17:46:34  
Inb4 ***storm

Ebon gives +to all lights (+1 for feeble, hypothesized +2 for strong)

Which in turn, caps ruby along with everything else.

Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 17:48:12  
Thank you guys for the tips.

So the most efficient way would be to cap ebon quickly, then azure, and pearl? When it's just exp, amber doesn't really mean much to me.
 Siren.Ragearo
user: Ragearo
By Siren.Ragearo 2010-12-15 17:50:17  
We weren't capped pearl yet, btw flunk. I was only in there for time, so getting ruby in the first 20 minutes was not really what I was looking for.

Edit:
Also afaik people were going for amber, if I wanted exp I'd have joined a Dominion party
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-12-15 17:50:39  
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Thank you guys for the tips.

So the most efficient way would be to cap ebon quickly, then azure, and pearl? When it's just exp, amber doesn't really mean much to me.

Doesn't matter what you cap, once you start getting ebon, it'll build all the other ones, albeit slowly.

And then, you still tend to see some types of chests more often the others depending on ???? don't really care, since a decent pt would still get rediculous amount of time and get atleast 80k+/h
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 17:52:22  
Laffter if you dont have heroes then try out misareaux on buggards near hill they cap out @ 660exp a kill and when your party is not gimpin' it with leeches you kill as quick as 1 person can pull.

cap azure with 2-3 eph murex with magic kills before you start then cap pearl (melee kills) after pearl is capped work on ruby (non elemental ws kills) this will get you red chests you can cap your gold light quick.

i dont mind azure kills as we keep killing to keep kills quick and help build azure for new members as they come in or people dump merits etc.

if you do massive reps with a lot of members just start over but dont use ephs to cap azure just cap on the same mobs. what I do is when rebuilding azure after a ton of people got rep'd i look at the newest DD person to join, watch for when they get a kill shot with a blue chest and check how many guesses that chest takes to open. if the newest member gives you 6 guesses then everyone is capped on azure again it's ok to switch back to pearl then ruby.

if you do have heroes, i've only exp'd in one zone i'm sure it works everywhere though. ule range vc#5 sit next to domi NPC get page 13 and do the same thing as above but have at least 2-3 pullers fighting 2-3 mobs at the same time. you can cap azure on the new elementals first since there are no Ephs in this zone.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 17:52:57  
Hmm, I might try this with a small LS party and see how it goes before I ruin 18 peoples' experience on a first attempt. >__________>
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 17:59:06  
you also don't need 18 people to do xp, mob level goes up with the number of people in your alliance, so they'll pop dc if you're solo, t for 2 people, etc. i just wouldn't bother with pickups if you have a few friends who want to xp with you.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 18:00:25  
nah laffter do it with 18 man it will be fine, be confident and it will go well, plus it will just keep getting easier :)

I was a little scared my first time throwing one because people acted like it was this insane crazy thing figuring out the lights but it's not, it's pretty simple.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 18:12:45  
no, don't do it with 18 people, you'll just get a bunch of retards and leeches and afk healers.
[+]
First Page 2