フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » How do you build lights
How do you build lights
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-15 18:35:49  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
no, don't do it with 18 people, you'll just get a bunch of retards and leeches and afk healers.

people don't afk in domi, if they do it's their *** loss they're missing out on a ***ton of exp.

also if you build the party it's pretty easy not to let people come as leechers even if it's not domi. I only start my parties with 1 leecher for the chests the rest of the people who ask i tell to f off. the beauty about making your own party is you dictate what people come, you don't want a bunch of low level leeches? don't invite low level leeches. you don't want extra healers who afk, don't invite extra healers, when all thus fails for exp parties grab more DD.

i'm sorry i agree you don't need 18 people to do ***in abyssea, i agree you can exp with much less especially with domi, but if you build the party right a 10 person or 6 person party should not get more exp than an 18 person party, it simply makes no sense. if it's happening something is being done wrong, if too many leeches/afkers boot them.

side note: I love how people ask if I need a leecher like they are so difficult to find.. like they would be the ones doing me a favor by being a key *** as if i can't get a line of people who would love to open chests on some leech job.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 19:00:53  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
no, don't do it with 18 people, you'll just get a bunch of retards and leeches and afk healers.

people don't afk in domi, if they do it's their *** loss they're missing out on a ***ton of exp.

also if you build the party it's pretty easy not to let people come as leechers even if it's not domi. I only start my parties with 1 leecher for the chests the rest of the people who ask i tell to f off. the beauty about making your own party is you dictate what people come, you don't want a bunch of low level leeches? don't invite low level leeches. you don't want extra healers who afk, don't invite extra healers, when all thus fails for exp parties grab more DD.

i'm sorry i agree you don't need 18 people to do ***in abyssea, i agree you can exp with much less especially with domi, but if you build the party right a 10 person or 6 person party should not get more exp than an 18 person party, it simply makes no sense. if it's happening something is being done wrong, if too many leeches/afkers boot them.

side note: I love how people ask if I need a leecher like they are so difficult to find.. like they would be the ones doing me a favor by being a key *** as if i can't get a line of people who would love to open chests on some leech job.

i never specified dominion, and neither did you since you mentioned murexes.

not all leeches are low level, and nearly all of your pickup healers are going to be shitty on this server.

if you're going to just boot the leeches then you might as well not bother in the first place if you can already get pretty good xp. it's not worth the effort to have to deal with them.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-15 19:24:26  
Why the hell would you need 18 anyway? 3 is pretty much all you need.

healer, dd, and key ***

so you don't waste time keying ***instead of killing ***

can easily get 30-40k xp/hr like that
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 19:25:39  
Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

only problem with this is there are a limited number of mobs :\

i've had overcrowding issues with the new abyssea fov's because of all the small groups and nobody wanting to join up.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 19:32:03  
i've had this problem with dominion too, but dominion wasn't specified. i also probably would have looked for a different camp if i weren't low on time.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-15 19:32:16  
Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

last time 30k was considered good, people were still lv 75 and fighting pink birds that went by the name of Greater Vulture? Idk I don't remember their names
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 19:37:17  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

last time 30k was considered good, people were still lv 75 and fighting pink birds that went by the name of Greater Vulture? Idk I don't remember their names

i'd rather get slow xp with people i know than have to deal with 15 retards with no atmas.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-15 19:46:17  
You don't need 18 ppl to get more than 40k/hr
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 20:04:20  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

sometimes i miss lolibri.. (ok not really >_>)

i spent too much time there.. got nearly 600k IS even after buying all kinds of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE perdu ***
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 20:25:51  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You don't need 18 ppl to get more than 40k/hr

point still stands that if you're satisfied with the xp you can get with ls/friends, it's probably not worth the effort to deal with pickups. nobody said it was the fastest xp, but you'd be hard pressed to build a well-geared pickup party-- it was hard enough at 75, and probably harder now because anyone with decent atmas xps within ls, and the gap between a player with atmas and a player with no atmas is pretty big.

personal preference, i guess, but it's not all that uncommon to actually lose time in a pickup party on this server.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-15 20:29:00  
I never said anything about pick up pts. I just said you can do better exp w/o getting 18 >.>. Yea if you're satisfied w/ 40k sure go for it but if you can do 5-6 ppl and get 100k+ w/ just friends and no pick up, why not?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 20:39:18  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I never said anything about pick up pts. I just said you can do better exp w/o getting 18 >.>. Yea if you're satisfied w/ 40k sure go for it but if you can do 5-6 ppl and get 100k+ w/ just friends and no pick up, why not?

oh, well when i originally suggested not using an alliance i was under the assumption he'd have that much (5-6) with just friends. but if you have only 3 people then you can still do ok, nobody said it was optimal.

dunno if the guy has any atmas, though.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 20:40:25  
Not having any job about 70, I don't have any atmas except a generic one. :S

Not really the problem here at the moment anyway. :P
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-15 20:42:53  
well not having atmas is a RELEVANT problem, i dunno what THE problem is...
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-15 21:04:59  
The problem is me being a noob at making parties in general and wanting to fix this little issue of not getting invited to them. :P

So yeah, my questions got mostly answered here, thank you all!
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-12-15 22:10:48  
Did i just read, that you build ruby to get time? huh? lol

Azure > Pearl > Rape stuff until time is 300, then zerg with any kill. tadaaa

You can duo,trio,4man and walk out with 300min left.
[+]
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 22:16:45  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Did i just read, that you build ruby to get time? huh? lol

Azure > Pearl > Rape stuff until time is 300, then zerg with any kill. tadaaa

You can duo,trio,4man and walk out with 300min left.

You shouldn't need to build up massive time first.. as once pearl and azure is capped.. you can build ruby w/o losing time..

only reason to build up 300+ mins is if you plan on going to kill NM's or something.. in a pick up exp group its pointless

even with this, im usually sitting close to 300 mins after taking a job 85~90 and capping anyways (thats with all lights capped.. not this wait till we have 300 mins to build exp).

For an exp group, building time up that much is just a waste of,, well time.

As long as you aren't dropping below 120.. go balls to the wall exp mode id say.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-15 22:19:19  
I don't think the problem is w/ ruby in general. Most ppl's problem is when you are constantly proccing rubies when yu're trying to build azure/Pearl first.
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 22:21:17  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I don't think the problem is w/ ruby in general. Most ppl's problem is when you are constantly proccing rubies when yu're trying to build azure/Pearl first.

I've had less problem with this lately than with abyssea first came out.. but if somebody is constantly hitting ruby instead of pearl just boot them simple enough.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-12-15 22:22:40  
Ya, I mean if you want to build ruby afterwards to cap your XP out. Go wild.

But never hit rubies while building azure/pearl.

But ya thats for nm usualy.
We dont XP normally anymore, xp comes to easy. You can do a 4hour run on NM + Time inbetween and still get a job 5lvls.

Last XP run i did with an alli i left after 20minutes, it was just to messy and im used to the controlled low man stuff that runes 100% better.
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-12-15 22:42:57  
I have 2 issues happened to me recently.

1. Last week on a exp party (cockatrices in Attowa) we were killing like crazy, all lights capped and we were doing free kills. So after 3 hours we stopped getting time chests and the party slowly died because of ppl timing out. We were getting all kind of couloured chests but just not time ones.

was it bad luck or there are some lights to be kept in check every now and then? Mind that ppl that went to dump merits etc had constantly lights up because we were opening red boxes for capping their lights.

2. last week always, me and my mate were capping lights on ephemereal and vnm while party started to kill mobs.
while we were doing that someone at camp touched a mimic.
Now, i know this was an issue back then when Abyssea was new and people didnt know the light mechanism very well. But that party turned out ***both for exp and lights. does Mimic screw up something on the light/exp department?
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-15 22:51:58  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
I have 2 issues happened to me recently.

1. Last week on a exp party (cockatrices in Attowa) we were killing like crazy, all lights capped and we were doing free kills. So after 3 hours we stopped getting time chests and the party slowly died because of ppl timing out. We were getting all kind of couloured chests but just not time ones.

was it bad luck or there are some lights to be kept in check every now and then? Mind that ppl that went to dump merits etc had constantly lights up because we were opening red boxes for capping their lights.

2. last week always, me and my mate were capping lights on ephemereal and vnm while party started to kill mobs.
while we were doing that someone at camp touched a mimic.
Now, i know this was an issue back then when Abyssea was new and people didnt know the light mechanism very well. But that party turned out ***both for exp and lights. does Mimic screw up something on the light/exp department?

to the first part: That happened after 3 hours .. probably because you got new people into the group and didn't have enough pearl / azure / ebon lights

Leader should be watching the lights even if it is free kills.. especially after new people join a group.

If it gets to unbalanced can go for a certain light for a bit

idk about the second part tho.. unless you guys killed the mimic w/o doing cfh
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 09:06:58  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

not all leeches are low level, and nearly all of your pickup healers are going to be shitty on this server.

if you're going to just boot the leeches then you might as well not bother in the first place if you can already get pretty good xp. it's not worth the effort to have to deal with them.

it's not my fault you didn't read my post Lorzy

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Laffter if you dont have heroes... bunch of ***

if you do have heroes... bunch of ***

Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

who the *** is only getting 30k an hour?????

Can anyone just please, pretty please explain to me how 1 DD or even 5 DDs plan on killing more quickly than adding another 5-10 DDs to that same group of DDs? Even if some of those were "leeches" which I'm not saying they are please explain the simple math of taking the 5 DDs you are telling me to use and adding more DDs? Even if the additional DDs didn't have ***for gear, ***for atmas.

It's like you guys are assuming if you throw a party with 18 people.. half of them will leech, it's not even debatable to you it's just a fact. Or somehow you think every single group of 18 people run with 0 atmas and ***for gear?

No one is saying it's necessary to make good or fast exp. It's like people think it's *** cool or elite to say how they do ***with less than 18. It's impossible to add people to those groups and some how start killing slower, even if they were all AFK you would kill at the SAME rate as you were, not slower. Also lol again @ 30k exp an hour kbai.

P.S. Lorzy if you were in the parties we are talking about you wouldn't have stopped at 87 on two jobs or @ 88 on another two. You would have capped to 90 even if you only partied for a short while.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 09:54:54  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

it's not my fault you didn't read my post Lorzy

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Laffter if you dont have heroes... bunch of ***

if you do have heroes... bunch of ***

Ramuh.Yarly said:

healer, dd, and key ***

who the *** is only getting 30k an hour?????

Can anyone just please, pretty please explain to me how 1 DD or even 5 DDs plan on killing more quickly than adding another 5-10 DDs to that same group of DDs? Even if some of those were "leeches" which I'm not saying they are please explain the simple math of taking the 5 DDs you are telling me to use and adding more DDs? Even if the additional DDs didn't have ***for gear, ***for atmas.

It's like you guys are assuming if you throw a party with 18 people.. half of them will leech, it's not even debatable to you it's just a fact. Or somehow you think every single group of 18 people run with 0 atmas and ***for gear?

No one is saying it's necessary to make good or fast exp. It's like people think it's *** cool or elite to say how they do ***with less than 18. It's impossible to add people to those groups and some how start killing slower, even if they were all AFK you would kill at the SAME rate as you were, not slower. Also lol again @ 30k exp an hour kbai.

P.S. Lorzy if you were in the parties we are talking about you wouldn't have stopped at 87 on two jobs or @ 88 on another two. You would have capped to 90 even if you only partied for a short while.

i haven't been in an xp party on any 85 since the level cap got raised, just leeched some dominion on my lol 42dnc, which i later brought to leech during gold chests.... that xp was from soloing dominion to try to level someone else's lowbie job, random nms, and walk of echoes.

when i said you didn't specify dominion it was SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE you mentioned both scars AND heroes zones. therefore, when you addressed my statement about people being afk, saying it doesn't happen in dominion alliances (which i have never been in), you were addressing something that wasn't specified. i never said you didn't talk about heroes, i said you didn't specify it, meaning it was not the only thing you talked about... on which you agree.

ramuh is a largely jp server, and i think i mentioned before that people usually xp within ls. no ls, no atma. and so your average pickup party IS going to be full of gimps and afk healers. and yes, a pickup party even full of gimps can be pretty fast. but i PERSONALLY just would rather not deal with them.

it is far from impossible to add people to groups and kill slower. mobs pop at levels based on how many people were in the group when they died. that's why in the update they decided to make mobs depop and repop at a lower level. if you add a lot of people who aren't contributing damage, you have the same people contributing the damage to a higher level mob, which goes slower.

if no one is saying it's necessary to make good or fast xp, then what exactly is the problem with suggesting doing 3man xp? it's clearly not FASTER. it's about what you'd rather do. i don't like inviting people i don't know. also, if nobody is saying it's necessary to make good or fast xp, then why are you complaining about my job levels when i haven't even been xping?

look, i dunno what i did to piss you off. i never said dominion or xp alliances in general were a bad idea. maybe your server is different. i simply said that on this server it might be better to just stick with ls because it's not worth the trouble to do otherwise, based on all of my and my friends' experiences with pickups.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-16 10:09:47  
Sorry I didn't know you were talking about your server specifically and hadn't noticed you and Laf were on the same server. I thought you were saying that no one should every exp in a party of 18 or were saying that it's a bad thing/slower exp.

I see your point about adding a lot of people who are doing nothing, perhaps a poor choice of words on my part. my point is, i have partied with 18 people many times for exp and if I am running the alliance or friends of mine are people do not stay in the group if they are afking without mentioning it for over 10 minutes. I have been in exp parties where I barely know anyone and a lot of this goes on, or there are so many leeches that they kill super slow. I usually end up leaving and share your feelings on these crappy exp parties (mentioned in my first post)
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-16 10:19:36  
Hah, totally didn't notice Lorzy's on Ramuh too. >__>

He's right though, I have a choice of lazy AFKers or mostly competent people that I can't understand.
 Fenrir.Dinendale
サーバ: Fenrir
user: dinendale
By Fenrir.Dinendale 2010-12-16 13:45:34  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylLOWRojyY
this is how you build lights :)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 17:20:15  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

He's right though, I have a choice of lazy AFKers or mostly competent people that I can't understand.

if you're talking about the jps, they mostly want nothing to do with nas.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-16 17:31:16  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

if you're talking about the jps, they mostly want nothing to do with nas.
I don't know, I find a fair few that tolerate English speakers. It's not that they want nothing to do with us, it's that there are enough other non-english speakers that they don't have to put any effort into communication with us and avoid it out of convenience.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-12-16 17:36:59  
whether or not it's because they think we're untouchables or because they're more comfortable speaking japanese, it still stands that most of them would rather not do ***with us. which is perfectly fine, just pointing out it's not as much of an option as you made it out to be (at least the way i read it).

but maybe things have changed and they do lfp without specifying jp onry now. i haven't done /sea all inv in a while.