Food Regulation, Defeat Child Obesity

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Food regulation, defeat child obesity
Food regulation, defeat child obesity
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-10 17:53:58  
Sylph.Spency said:
We're coddling our children. They're all going to turn out to be a bunch of wieners.

Yea we don't need to breed Canadians/french in America. Jk
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 17:54:02  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Valefor.Quickmart said:
I recently had an argument about what food my niece is "allowed" to eat at her school. My sister went back to school to be a dentist, I stayed over andtook care of the kids for a few days while their mother is at college and their father is at work. My niece gets home from school starving because they took her lunch away. I had made PB&J sandwiches. The school insisted nobody can bring any peanut or other nut related items because some other kid might be allergic. The next day this is the conversation: "let me get this straight, my niece can't have a peanut butter sandwich because some other kid may or may not be allergic?" "that's right" "you don't see a problem with this logic?" "no, I don't. Even the dust could cause a reaction" "peanut butter does not have dust. They could share." I shouted into the hall "hey kids, any of you allergic to peanuts?" one shouts back "I am" "want a PB&J sandwich?" "I can't have one I'm allergic. And we're not aloud to share items." Turning back to the moron.. "They'll share huh? They aren't aloud to and you watch closely enough to prevent my niece from eating hers. Further more you took away her entire lunch bag and by this grade the parents should already know if they've got allergies or not and told their kid not to eat it. Peanuts I get but there is no dust in a PB&J sandwich to breath in." "I don't make the policies." ... Same school also a expelled some 1st grader who had an empty squirt gun in his jacket pocket. They randomly check pockets and lockers. They said he had a gun and according to their policies they had no choice. What happened to good sense and decency in America? "Our policies say we have to screw you over now, even your kids in our schools". "Give me liberty or give me death" has been replaced by "you can have my rights just make me feel safe and do my thinking and parenting for me".

I dont see a problem with any of this. Schools only inact these policies because they're tired of law suits from *** hole parents who don't want to take responsibility for their own kids. The problem does not lie with the school but with the parents, be mad at them for being a bunch of tools. As for the squirt gun thing I think it's reasonable. There is absolutely no reason to have a squirt gun in school. Unless perhaps it was a masterminded plan to fire peanutbutter out of a super-soaker and kill all the allergic kids. Dear god, we have a criminal genius.
I think it's stupid to just blame the parents.
It's a united effort! both the school and the parents are at fault.
I think the blame game need not be played anymore with that.
regardless it's broken.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-10 17:55:41  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Valefor.Quickmart said:
I recently had an argument about what food my niece is "allowed" to eat at her school. My sister went back to school to be a dentist, I stayed over andtook care of the kids for a few days while their mother is at college and their father is at work. My niece gets home from school starving because they took her lunch away. I had made PB&J sandwiches. The school insisted nobody can bring any peanut or other nut related items because some other kid might be allergic. The next day this is the conversation: "let me get this straight, my niece can't have a peanut butter sandwich because some other kid may or may not be allergic?" "that's right" "you don't see a problem with this logic?" "no, I don't. Even the dust could cause a reaction" "peanut butter does not have dust. They could share." I shouted into the hall "hey kids, any of you allergic to peanuts?" one shouts back "I am" "want a PB&J sandwich?" "I can't have one I'm allergic. And we're not aloud to share items." Turning back to the moron.. "They'll share huh? They aren't aloud to and you watch closely enough to prevent my niece from eating hers. Further more you took away her entire lunch bag and by this grade the parents should already know if they've got allergies or not and told their kid not to eat it. Peanuts I get but there is no dust in a PB&J sandwich to breath in." "I don't make the policies." ... Same school also a expelled some 1st grader who had an empty squirt gun in his jacket pocket. They randomly check pockets and lockers. They said he had a gun and according to their policies they had no choice. What happened to good sense and decency in America? "Our policies say we have to screw you over now, even your kids in our schools". "Give me liberty or give me death" has been replaced by "you can have my rights just make me feel safe and do my thinking and parenting for me".
I dont see a problem with any of this. Schools only inact these policies because they're tired of law suits from *** hole parents who don't want to take responsibility for their own kids. The problem does not lie with the school but with the parents, be mad at them for being a bunch of tools. As for the squirt gun thing I think it's reasonable. There is absolutely no reason to have a squirt gun in school. Unless perhaps it was a masterminded plan to fire peanutbutter out of a super-soaker and kill all the allergic kids. Dear god, we have a criminal genius.
I think it's stupid to just blame the parents. It's a united effort! both the school and the parents are at fault. I think the blame game need not be played anymore with that. regardless it's broken.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that everyone in this world is a *** moron. I mean sometimes you watch the news and you truly believe that you could be the smartest man alive.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-10 18:11:39  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that everyone in this world is a *** moron.
Man am I glad you are in this world.

usocute.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 18:13:26  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that everyone in this world is a *** moron. I mean sometimes you watch the news and you truly believe that you could be the smartest man alive.
I say that same thing when I see you post...:P
JK.
u kno i wub u hunnybunny.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-10 18:17:05  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bulllshit, if I were a kid, I'd rage
Quote:
San Francisco enacts 'Happy Meal' ban; city to stop restaurants from offering toys with fatty foods First, California lawmakers came for your weed. Now, they're coming for your Happy Meals. The McDonald's Happy Meal went the way of Prop. 19 in San Francisco Tuesday when the city's board of supervisors voted to forbid restaurants from offering toys with meals that contain too much fat and sugar. Restaurants would also need to provide fruits and vegetables with meals that come with free toys. The city said the measure was an effort to combat childhood obesity. "We're part of a movement that is moving forward an agenda of food justice," Supervisor Eric Mar told the Los Angeles Times. "From San Francisco to New York City, the epidemic of childhood obesity in this country is making our kids sick, particularly kids from low income neighborhoods, at an alarming rate." The rule, scheduled to take effect in December, says that restaurants may include a toy with a meal it contains fewer than 600 calories – food and drink combined -- and if less than 35% of the calories come from fat, The Times reported. McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said in a statement that the company was "extremely disappointed" with the decision. "It's not what our customers want, nor is it something they asked for," Proud said. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome had said he would veto the measure, but it passed with a veto-proof margin. Tuesday's vote came on the same day that McDonald's brought their famed McRib sandwich back to menus for a four-week run in certain cities. The processed pork sandwich, which has 26 grams of fat, has appeared on McDonald's menus on and off for years and has inspired a cult following, complete with pro-McRib Facebook pages. City supervisors had been mulling the issue for months and had decided to put off voting on the ban until after voters had gone to the polls in order to make sure the measure didn't become an election issue. Santa Clara County enacted a similar ban on toys accompanying high-calorie meals in April. Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who voted for the ban, told The Times that critics should not dismiss the legislation as a nutty effort by San Franciscans. "I do believe the industry is going to take note of this," Duffy said. "I don't care how much they say, 'It's San Francisco, they're wacked out there.' "

Ridiculous, it's not the kids fault their parents are too brainless to be able to feed their children appropriately. Kids should not have to suffer these stupid restrictions as a result of bad parenting.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 18:23:32  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bulllshit, if I were a kid, I'd rage
Quote:
San Francisco enacts 'Happy Meal' ban; city to stop restaurants from offering toys with fatty foods First, California lawmakers came for your weed. Now, they're coming for your Happy Meals. The McDonald's Happy Meal went the way of Prop. 19 in San Francisco Tuesday when the city's board of supervisors voted to forbid restaurants from offering toys with meals that contain too much fat and sugar. Restaurants would also need to provide fruits and vegetables with meals that come with free toys. The city said the measure was an effort to combat childhood obesity. "We're part of a movement that is moving forward an agenda of food justice," Supervisor Eric Mar told the Los Angeles Times. "From San Francisco to New York City, the epidemic of childhood obesity in this country is making our kids sick, particularly kids from low income neighborhoods, at an alarming rate." The rule, scheduled to take effect in December, says that restaurants may include a toy with a meal it contains fewer than 600 calories – food and drink combined -- and if less than 35% of the calories come from fat, The Times reported. McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said in a statement that the company was "extremely disappointed" with the decision. "It's not what our customers want, nor is it something they asked for," Proud said. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome had said he would veto the measure, but it passed with a veto-proof margin. Tuesday's vote came on the same day that McDonald's brought their famed McRib sandwich back to menus for a four-week run in certain cities. The processed pork sandwich, which has 26 grams of fat, has appeared on McDonald's menus on and off for years and has inspired a cult following, complete with pro-McRib Facebook pages. City supervisors had been mulling the issue for months and had decided to put off voting on the ban until after voters had gone to the polls in order to make sure the measure didn't become an election issue. Santa Clara County enacted a similar ban on toys accompanying high-calorie meals in April. Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who voted for the ban, told The Times that critics should not dismiss the legislation as a nutty effort by San Franciscans. "I do believe the industry is going to take note of this," Duffy said. "I don't care how much they say, 'It's San Francisco, they're wacked out there.' "

Ridiculous, it's not the kids fault their parents are too brainless to be able to feed their children appropriately. Kids should not have to suffer these stupid restrictions as a result of bad parenting.
In my day PB&J was a perfectly fine thing to have for lunch :/
so I dunno what you mean for "feed their children appropriately"
PB&J is very appropriate.
fruit, grain, and protein man.
not that their diet should be solely that...but who said it was lol.
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 18:32:36  
kids shouldnt eat fast food

my mom never fed me fast food while growing up.
all home cooking and now days i have good eating habits
aside from eating so much candy when im anxious!

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 19:22:07  
Phoenix.Darki said:
My kid(s) shouldn't eat fast food.

ftfy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:34:08  
...ok?
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:36:16  
Phoenix.Darki said:
...ok?
he's saying don't push your beliefs on others.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:38:09  
it's an open opinion, why do people have such a big *** problem with opinions? very different saying what I think than pushing my opinions.

Learn social skills guys.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:39:15  
Phoenix.Darki said:
I don't believe kids should eat fast food

then here, this is what you should have said
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 19:39:41  
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-10 19:40:41  
Lol ya know what I find funny? The only reason I ever ordered a happy meal as a kid was for the toy. If I already had it or didn't want it I order a real meal with alot more calories, fat, etc.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:41:09  
well i said it the way i did, and i am not changing it. I am not going to change the way I express myself because of a couple insecure people in here, have some respect and learn to cope with how others are.

there was nothing wrong with anything I said and it wasn't being a push over. it's pretty unecesary to add ' i think ' when it's obvious it's my opinion, or are people still too stupid on this site to notice??? damn
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 19:41:25  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol ya know what I find funny? The only reason I ever ordered a happy meal as a kid was for the toy. If I already had it or didn't want it I order a real meal with alot more calories, fat, etc.
Yeah I always remembered getting a real meal and buying the toys separate.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:43:10  
Phoenix.Darki said:
well i said it the way i did, and i am not changing it. I am not going to change the way I express myself because of a couple insecure people in here, have some respect and learn to cope with how others are.

there was nothing wrong with anything I said and it wasn't being a push over. it's pretty unecesary to add ' i think ' when it's obvious it's my opinion, or are people still too stupid on this site to notice??? damn
how about you learn to say what you mean instead of making yourself look like a complete retard with an insecurity towards being fat. Also no, you should state what you mean 100% of the time, even I catch myself at times not saying what I mean, people can't read your thoughts.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:44:19  
Also

I believe people shouldn't do this

and

people shouldn't do this

are two vastly different things,.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 19:45:49  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

anything stated is implied to be opinion unless explained otherwise captain obv.

saying "I believe" in front of something that you state is silly and redundant in this situation.
but hell what do I care, you argue just to argue.
and it's not like you don't agree with her....or do you?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:45:57  
well too bad, the way I expressed myself was pretty clear and short, I am not being a retard perhaps you catch me as one because you're too dumb to get the message across.

Why do people think that suddenly everyone is pushing their opinions onto anyone else in here? I mean guys, you guys have so many issues it's disgusting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:47:08  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Also

and

people shouldn't do this

both are still obv opinions.
Maybe you are just paranoid and think everyone is out there to attack or push opinions onto you, it's really how you take it, and apparently you take it the wrong way.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:47:26  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

anything stated is implied to be opinion unless explained otherwise captain obv.

saying "I believe" in front of something that you state is silly and redundant in this situation.

then next time I do it, you be silent.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:47:44  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Also

and

people shouldn't do this

both are still obv opinions.
Maybe you are just paranoid and think everyone is out there to attack or push opinions onto you, it's really how you take it, and apparently you take it the wrong way.

yeah, how about no.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 19:48:40  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

The difference is that darki wasn't pointing her opinions at anyone in particular.
your opinions are pointed.
she was making a statement, not arguing her case :/
i'll continue on normally as I always do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-10 19:49:59  
Yeah I guess the one who was pushing his opinions was Jet, don't preach against yourself pal, it makes you look like a 'retard'.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 19:50:03  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

The difference is that darki wasn't pointing her opinions at anyone in particular.
your opinions are pointed.
she was making a statement, not arguing her case :/
i'll continue on normally as I always do.

there's no difference there guy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-10 19:50:58  
lol, I think I pushed the wrong button.
 Ramuh.Vinvv