Food Regulation, Defeat Child Obesity

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Food regulation, defeat child obesity
Food regulation, defeat child obesity
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:15:14  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Lol @ American police being gentle.

Anyway, this is ***. Why should they have a say in what people eat and what you get with your meal? That's ridiculous.

not gentle

just gentle by comparison
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:15:44  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
maybe i had the girl bonus, but they were always nice. one day my friend and me danced for them at the main station and they clapped LOL. no one cared we were drunk as hell.

yes, i'm sure the girl bonus helps a lot

especially considering
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 10:15:56  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
we have an awesome american diner here, too. i go there for lunch sometimes as its close to my office. its not even much more expensive than mc donalds or burger king.
Nah most of teh restaurants I go to are like $8-10 vs Mcdonalds $6-8. Also from what I learned overseas is that the average place is ~$10-12 and McDonalds is also ~$10-12 so the only reason to go is if you're craving a burger or in a major rush(also hot blondes work the counter in Sweden. not fat black women.)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:16:32  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
we have an awesome american diner here, too. i go there for lunch sometimes as its close to my office. its not even much more expensive than mc donalds or burger king.
Nah most of teh restaurants I go to are like $8-10 vs Mcdonalds $6-8. Also from what I learned overseas is that the average place is ~$10-12 and McDonalds is also ~$10-12 so the only reason to go is if you're craving a burger or in a major rush(also hot blondes work the counter in Sweden. not fat black women.)

overseas the dollar/euro conversion kills you
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 10:17:25  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

overseas the dollar/euro conversion kills you
Sweden uses the SEK. The found a crazy FU loophole in the Euro.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-10 10:17:54  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
here we only have turkish / arabian dudes who barely speak german at the counter.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:18:56  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
here we only have turkish / arabian dudes who barely speak german at the counter.

oh man that just make me think how much i miss the kebab stands ;_;
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 10:20:18  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
How hard is it to say welcome to McDonalds how may I help you in German :/

Ninja Edit: I made it to "welcome to Mcdonalds, how" My german fails now.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 10:21:05  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

we can suffer together.
I know no way in hell Imma find Kebab in Georgia. The guy who tried that already got ran off probably :/
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-10 10:21:45  
dunno how hard it is, but i know how bad ppl can fail at it XD or if you have to repeat your order 3x and still half of what you get is wrong. :P
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-10 10:22:36  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

we can suffer together.
I know no way in hell Imma find Kebab in Georgia. The guy who tried that already got ran off probably :/

We have a Kebab stand here like... every 10 meters :P and i love Doener <3
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-10 10:24:03  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

we can suffer together.

i know you do >.>

doener kebabs were the ultimate post workout meal

waaaaaaaaaa

brb reenlisting
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 10:25:22  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

we can suffer together.

Just gonna kick us while we are down? That's low.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-10 11:26:09  
well, i would rather live in the US and have no kebabs. the "no alcohol before 21" thing isnt important for me now anyway XD
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-11-10 11:28:39  
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
well, i would rather live in the US and have no kebabs. the "no alcohol before 21" thing isnt important for me now anyway XD
Psh I hope you can deal with limited selections on imported beer or drinking crappy American beer. I'm super picky about American beers either Yuengling or Sam Adams.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 11:30:51  
I think it's fine that they passed a law to clamp down on McDonalds BS gimick.
Happy Meal=rip off with a toy :/
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-10 11:42:54  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Psh I hope you can deal with limited selections on imported beer or drinking crappy American beer. I'm super picky about American beers either Yuengling or Sam Adams.
Yea im not much into foreign beer. i prefer german & polish beer =)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 15:52:08  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bulllshit, if I were a kid, I'd rage

Quote:
San Francisco enacts 'Happy Meal' ban; city to stop restaurants from offering toys with fatty foods

First, California lawmakers came for your weed. Now, they're coming for your Happy Meals.

The McDonald's Happy Meal went the way of Prop. 19 in San Francisco Tuesday when the city's board of supervisors voted to forbid restaurants from offering toys with meals that contain too much fat and sugar.

Restaurants would also need to provide fruits and vegetables with meals that come with free toys. The city said the measure was an effort to combat childhood obesity.

"We're part of a movement that is moving forward an agenda of food justice," Supervisor Eric Mar told the Los Angeles Times. "From San Francisco to New York City, the epidemic of childhood obesity in this country is making our kids sick, particularly kids from low income neighborhoods, at an alarming rate."

The rule, scheduled to take effect in December, says that restaurants may include a toy with a meal it contains fewer than 600 calories – food and drink combined -- and if less than 35% of the calories come from fat, The Times reported.

McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said in a statement that the company was "extremely disappointed" with the decision.

"It's not what our customers want, nor is it something they asked for," Proud said.

San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome had said he would veto the measure, but it passed with a veto-proof margin.

Tuesday's vote came on the same day that McDonald's brought their famed McRib sandwich back to menus for a four-week run in certain cities.

The processed pork sandwich, which has 26 grams of fat, has appeared on McDonald's menus on and off for years and has inspired a cult following, complete with pro-McRib Facebook pages.

City supervisors had been mulling the issue for months and had decided to put off voting on the ban until after voters had gone to the polls in order to make sure the measure didn't become an election issue.

Santa Clara County enacted a similar ban on toys accompanying high-calorie meals in April.

Supervisor Bevan Dufty, who voted for the ban, told The Times that critics should not dismiss the legislation as a nutty effort by San Franciscans.

"I do believe the industry is going to take note of this," Duffy said. "I don't care how much they say, 'It's San Francisco, they're wacked out there.' "

oh for *** sakes why can't people learn how to parent and stop blaming the companies.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-11-10 15:53:18  
Ugh, dumbass government.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 15:53:34  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
oh for *** sakes why can't people learn how to parent and stop blaming the companies.
well we've found out that you can't control people from shoving food into their face so they are trying to control people by controlling what they shove into their face.

/pokes Zef
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 15:56:19  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
well we've found out that you can't control people from shoving food into their face so they are trying to control people by controlling what they shove into their face.

/pokes Zef

reminds me of the fascist crap from Demolition Man

[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-10 16:17:11  
See, the fat thread wasn't just my idea >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Quickmart
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-11-10 16:29:34  
I recently had an argument about what food my niece is "allowed" to eat at her school. My sister went back to school to be a dentist, I stayed over andtook care of the kids for a few days while their mother is at college and their father is at work.

My niece gets home from school starving because they took her lunch away. I had made PB&J sandwiches. The school insisted nobody can bring any peanut or other nut related items because some other kid might be allergic.

The next day this is the conversation:
"let me get this straight, my niece can't have a peanut butter sandwich because some other kid may or may not be allergic?"
"that's right"
"you don't see a problem with this logic?"
"no, I don't. Even the dust could cause a reaction"
"peanut butter does not have dust."
"They could share."
I shouted into the hall "hey kids, any of you allergic to peanuts?"
one shouts back "I am"
"want a PB&J sandwich?"
"I can't have one I'm allergic. And we're not aloud to share items."
Turning back to the moron..
"They'll share huh? They aren't aloud to and you watch closely enough to prevent my niece from eating hers. Further more you took away her entire lunch bag and by this grade the parents should already know if they've got allergies or not and told their kid not to eat it. Peanuts I get but there is no dust in a PB&J sandwich to breath in."
"I don't make the policies."
Same school also a expelled some 1st grader who had an empty squirt gun in his jacket pocket. They randomly check pockets and lockers. They said he had a gun and according to their policies they had no choice. What happened to good sense and decency in America? "Our policies say we have to screw you over now, even your kids in our schools".

"Give me liberty or give me death" has been replaced by "you can have my rights just make me feel safe and do my thinking and parenting for me".
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 16:33:19  
That's ridiculous.
what state is this in?
 Valefor.Quickmart
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-11-10 16:35:17  
Michigan
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-10 16:42:32  
Valefor.Quickmart said:
Michigan
bah muck fichigan.
I'm an ohioan so you know what i'm tokin bout :P
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-10 17:23:21  
Valefor.Quickmart said:
I recently had an argument about what food my niece is "allowed" to eat at her school. My sister went back to school to be a dentist, I stayed over andtook care of the kids for a few days while their mother is at college and their father is at work.

My niece gets home from school starving because they took her lunch away. I had made PB&J sandwiches. The school insisted nobody can bring any peanut or other nut related items because some other kid might be allergic.

The next day this is the conversation:
"let me get this straight, my niece can't have a peanut butter sandwich because some other kid may or may not be allergic?"
"that's right"
"you don't see a problem with this logic?"
"no, I don't. Even the dust could cause a reaction"
"peanut butter does not have dust. They could share."
I shouted into the hall "hey kids, any of you allergic to peanuts?"
one shouts back "I am"
"want a PB&J sandwich?"
"I can't have one I'm allergic. And we're not aloud to share items."
Turning back to the moron..
"They'll share huh? They aren't aloud to and you watch closely enough to prevent my niece from eating hers. Further more you took away her entire lunch bag and by this grade the parents should already know if they've got allergies or not and told their kid not to eat it. Peanuts I get but there is no dust in a PB&J sandwich to breath in."
"I don't make the policies."
Same school also a expelled some 1st grader who had an empty squirt gun in his jacket pocket. They randomly check pockets and lockers. They said he had a gun and according to their policies they had no choice. What happened to good sense and decency in America? "Our policies say we have to screw you over now, even your kids in our schools".

"Give me liberty or give me death" has been replaced by "you can have my rights just make me feel safe and do my thinking and parenting for me".

this food thing is insane, but the zero tolerance policy on guns is here too, and quite frankly it's asinine.
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-11-10 17:29:28  
lol.. the city is fighting for food justice >_>
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-10 17:49:11  
Valefor.Quickmart said:
I recently had an argument about what food my niece is "allowed" to eat at her school. My sister went back to school to be a dentist, I stayed over andtook care of the kids for a few days while their mother is at college and their father is at work. My niece gets home from school starving because they took her lunch away. I had made PB&J sandwiches. The school insisted nobody can bring any peanut or other nut related items because some other kid might be allergic. The next day this is the conversation: "let me get this straight, my niece can't have a peanut butter sandwich because some other kid may or may not be allergic?" "that's right" "you don't see a problem with this logic?" "no, I don't. Even the dust could cause a reaction" "peanut butter does not have dust. They could share." I shouted into the hall "hey kids, any of you allergic to peanuts?" one shouts back "I am" "want a PB&J sandwich?" "I can't have one I'm allergic. And we're not aloud to share items." Turning back to the moron.. "They'll share huh? They aren't aloud to and you watch closely enough to prevent my niece from eating hers. Further more you took away her entire lunch bag and by this grade the parents should already know if they've got allergies or not and told their kid not to eat it. Peanuts I get but there is no dust in a PB&J sandwich to breath in." "I don't make the policies." ... Same school also a expelled some 1st grader who had an empty squirt gun in his jacket pocket. They randomly check pockets and lockers. They said he had a gun and according to their policies they had no choice. What happened to good sense and decency in America? "Our policies say we have to screw you over now, even your kids in our schools". "Give me liberty or give me death" has been replaced by "you can have my rights just make me feel safe and do my thinking and parenting for me".

I dont see a problem with any of this. Schools only inact these policies because they're tired of law suits from *** hole parents who don't want to take responsibility for their own kids. The problem does not lie with the school but with the parents, be mad at them for being a bunch of tools. As for the squirt gun thing I think it's reasonable. There is absolutely no reason to have a squirt gun in school. Unless perhaps it was a masterminded plan to fire peanutbutter out of a super-soaker and kill all the allergic kids. Dear god, we have a criminal genius.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-11-10 17:52:24  
We're coddling our children. They're all going to turn out to be a bunch of wieners.
[+]