Ninian's DNC Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-27 07:49:28  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Wups. Hopefully you don't have anything on today! Feeling tired is probably my least favourite sensation outside of feeling nauseous. Even things like basic conversation become very challenging, and I can't really enjoy anything :( even cats. Well, almost can't.

; -; I feel both right now and I can't sleep. Hngh.

Ahahaha, cats~

If there's anything else I'm insane about in the OP feel free to be like.. OMG NINI WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SPOUTING. As it stands now, I'm going to try to sleep. ; -;

...try. :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 07:49:36  
Blah it didn't post for some reason.

But yeah you might even be better of for tp generation just single weilding the multi hit weapon.

Like I once did the math for 2 OAT swds for blu (granted higher base delay and less DW). But the tp gain was almost identical to single wielding 1 lol. Which wouldn't be the case for the daggers... but I seriuosly doubt most people would be up for making 2 of those with one being NQ lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 07:51:29  
Quote:
Lol better than being so tired you feel nauseous...

This is me right now and I've had a full day with a few hours to go! Friggin random annoying insomnia. You realise you can't sleep suddenly, which makes you pissed off because you want to sleep, which places more importance on the event of sleeping, so you get stressed when you can't, and therefore it gets harder to sleep. VICIOUS CYCLE!

Quote:
Ahahaha, cats~

AKA perfection!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-27 07:57:57  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Also, since I like proofreading,

Quote:
When I get a Charis Necklace (whenever that is...) I'm going to use Acuben's Helm (6% haste) over my Tiara.

Hasn't been updated!

I worded it oddly, think it's fixed now. Hard to tell since I'm all like ZZZZ /drool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 07:59:09  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
This is me right now and I've had a full day with a few hours to go! Friggin random annoying insomnia. You realise you can't sleep suddenly, which makes you pissed off because you want to sleep, which places more importance on the event of sleeping, so you get stressed when you can't, and therefore it gets harder to sleep. VICIOUS CYCLE!
I know right. I went to bed at about midnight and woke up at like 1am and after another hour so realized I wasn't getting back to sleep. I hate how like after a couple of days of no sleep your body still feels exhausted but doesn't feel like sleeping at all. So you go to lay down and just feel restless

Back in the day I used to have to work so much that combine with insomnia I was constantly nausous, swaying all the time, light headed, would lose trap of time (like I'd find myself places but not remembering how I got there lol)
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-27 08:04:43  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
I know right. I went to bed at about midnight and woke up at like 1am and after another hour so realized I wasn't getting back to sleep. I hate how like after a couple of days of no sleep your body still feels exhausted but doesn't feel like sleeping at all. So you go to lay down and just feel restless

Back in the day I used to have to work so much that combine with insomnia I was constantly nausous, swaying all the time, light headed, would lose trap of time (like I'd find myself places but not remembering how I got there lol)

That's scary/shitty. I'm going to try to sleep now so I don't end up somewhere and not know how I got there. D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 08:11:16  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
I know right. I went to bed at about midnight and woke up at like 1am and after another hour so realized I wasn't getting back to sleep. I hate how like after a couple of days of no sleep your body still feels exhausted but doesn't feel like sleeping at all. So you go to lay down and just feel restless Back in the day I used to have to work so much that combine with insomnia I was constantly nausous, swaying all the time, light headed, would lose trap of time (like I'd find myself places but not remembering how I got there lol)
That's scary/shitty. I'm going to try to sleep now so I don't end up somewhere and not know how I got there. D:
Not so scary during... too tired to realize how scary it is lol.

But after sure kinda. Especially since 90% of the time it was me realizing I had walked out the building down the pier and was now about to go onto the boat. For some reason I always came to then to check my TLD.

It was amazing cause even though I couldn't be sure if I wasn't hallucinating or that anything I said or thought was correct I could still somehow fully explain all the stuff in my job which at the time was training on a nuclear sub to operate it lol. I mean I didn't always remember my name but I could word for word recite pages of procedures
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-27 08:16:06  
your dnc guide is good for a dnc, but i find it borin like hell and freakin TOO LONG (srly talk less and go with facts faster plz)...and its a inventory killin, half the items are only a VERY few improvement and can be skipped.

Some notice:

- You forgot head af2 in your walt macro, whats make your head so interstin ? you say recast time by not by how much, must be hell lot for make it more interstin than af2...(and from where it come if possible)???
(why jeweled collar ??? you forgot to say the stat+ you can put on it if theres one..., go for a Beguiling Collar if u want full enminity- would be more usefull, same with legs, you forgot to say whats the interestin stat+...)
- Double parazonium (nq and Hq) would be better on tp set though, no matter whats the dual+ on dagger abyssea, doubt it can beat 2x2-3 effect...
(Auric would be for a DD set solo, and that might be to compare with the str/attack+ from magian though...wich would take lot of test for best dps...)
- Lava/kusha rings would be better for a tp set.
(- Suppa is not really "easy" to get for most player...)
- Just forget steps set, af+1 hands, af2 pieces and sushis and u'll already be at close 100%, and even without sushis, rate will be high enouth.(dunno about feather step, might be possible, but not gonna kill my space only for one step, and one ss alone (why spoiler ???) doesnt prove anythin...)

Personnaly i think thew bomblet would be more interestin for a tp set, and go for black tathlum if u want acc+ so bad theres some to sell lately...

its just your vision of job, theres many other.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 10:41:32  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
your dnc guide is good for a dnc, but i find it borin like hell and freakin TOO LONG (srly talk less and go with facts faster plz)

That is too long? I think you're confusing superfluous and comprehensive, of which her guide is the latter.

Quote:
...and its a inventory killin, half the items are only a VERY few improvement and can be skipped.

Welcome to FFXI? Pre-Abyssea FFXI anyway...

Quote:
- You forgot head af2 in your walt macro, whats make your head so interstin ? you say recast time by not by how much, must be hell lot for make it more interstin than af2...(and from where it come if possible)???

Not a DNC, but I'd imagine quantity easily overtakes quality.

Quote:
(why jeweled collar ??? you forgot to say the stat+ you can put on it if theres one..., go for a Beguiling Collar if u want full enminity- would be more usefull, same with legs, you forgot to say whats the interestin stat+...)

I agree that she forgot to list the stats on them here, on reflection. Unless I missed it.

Quote:
- Double parazonium (nq and Hq) would be better on tp set though, no matter whats the dual+ on dagger abyssea, doubt it can beat 2x2-3 effect...
(Auric would be for a DD set solo, and that might be to compare with the str/attack+ from magian though...wich would take lot of test for best dps...)

Situational. The second one adds a LOT less than the first, because increases in average hits/round have decreasing returns.

Quote:

No. Rajas + Acc etc > Lava/Kusha, almost always.

Quote:

Suppa should be a joke to get now.

Quote:
- Just forget steps set, af+1 hands, af2 pieces and sushis and u'll already be at close 100%, and even without sushis, rate will be high enouth.(dunno about feather step, might be possible, but not gonna kill my space only for one step, and one ss alone (why spoiler ???) doesnt prove anythin...)

And if she fights hard stuff etc?

And yes it does, it shows that her step is proc'ing green !!.

Quote:
Personnaly i think thew bomblet would be more interestin for a tp set, and go for black tathlum if u want acc+ so bad theres some to sell lately...

Naw. STR2/Atk8, especially in Abyssea, won't compare with crits. Plus, it saves inventory space to just use the one, since that is a complaint of yours (assuming you are only using crit WS)!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-27 10:43:54  
Suppa is hard to get? Oh goodness....
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-27 10:44:01  
your dnc guide is good for a dnc, but i find it borin like hell and freakin TOO LONG (srly talk less and go with facts faster plz)...and its a inventory killin, half the items are only a VERY few improvement and can be skipped.

Some notice:

you've shown me the light
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-27 10:45:44  

Some notice:

You have no *** clue what you are talking about.

I stopped at Lava/Kusha being good for dnc, but then saw
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Suppa is hard to get? Oh goodness....
Then I went back and lol'd some more
[+]
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-27 10:53:44  

Some notice:

I wasnt gonna post till i saw this, just whoa
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 10:57:43  
Eliii which part of the UK are you in? We need more brits in this thread.
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-27 10:58:31  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Just south of newcastle.

Brits unite!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 11:01:06  
Ahh, ages away :( I'm southwestish, Exeter at the moment!
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-27 11:03:06  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ahh, ages away :( I'm southwestish, Exeter at the moment!

Ive never been south of the country. Havent been past the bit that divides the UK in the North and South in terms of accents!

But really, I havent even been to London yet ._.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 11:05:18  
You're not missing out on that much; I don't like London! I've never been north though so we're both a bit grounded in that respect.

Being on/near the coast is pretty amazing though!
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-27 11:13:08  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Lie.
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-27 11:14:19  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
You're not missing out on that much; I don't like London! I've never been north though so we're both a bit grounded in that respect.

Being on/near the coast is pretty amazing though!

I used to be from Blackpool, so I know how that is! I prefer coasts like that compared to this inner city place i live :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 11:17:53  
Yeah, most definitely. Back in Torquay which is where I live when not at university, there's this beach where the descent into deep water is REALLY gradual, so you can walk out for ages and ages before becoming completely submerged. So amazing on a hot day just to go and run out there... I love the sheer refreshing feeling on your skin.

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Lie.

>:|
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-27 11:48:21  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
your dnc guide is good for a dnc, but i find it borin like hell and freakin TOO LONG (srly talk less and go with facts faster plz)

That is too long? I think you're confusing superfluous and comprehensive, of which her guide is the latter.
Its "guide" in title right ?
Where are stats, numbers, way to get ?
she dont erven say WHY its so much better, so i can only ask...
Quote:

Quote:
...and its a inventory killin, half the items are only a VERY few improvement and can be skipped.

You can look for items doin good and spare Shitload of inventory, or you can look for doin a little better and kill all your space for ONE job...this guide is this...

Quote:

Quote:

Once again WICH stats is so good ? and why ? and what u get compare to other piece ?
Its supposed to be a guide, not "You must have THIS or you sucks"...say wich part is a guide in this *** ???

Quote:

I agree that she forgot to list the stats on them here, on reflection. Unless I missed it.

Quote:

Quote:

Situational. The second one adds a LOT less than the first, because increases in average hits/round have decreasing returns.

you talk of subtle blow effect ?
or somethin else ? cant even see your point...well once again if auric so much better she didnt say why compare to other daggers...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hmm why ?
+12 acc +12 attack compare to 7 acc and 5dex ?

Quote:

Suppa should be a joke to get now.[/quote]

go do bc solo and all missions and say it again...

Quote:

Quote:

Naw. STR2/Atk8, especially in Abyssea, won't compare with crits. Plus, it saves inventory space to just use the one, since that is a complaint of yours (assuming you are only using crit WS)!

its a TP set not a DMG set...the more attack the better, u dont care about DMG when u make TPS...
and if its for steps set she go for acc+ no ?
[+]
 Shiva.Shinneh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-10-27 11:56:39  
Excellent guide! Was a really good read from the knowledge of a pro^^

Random Q though, any thoughts on Pyrric Kleos? Useless? only good to make darkness for funzies? lol only got it last week.
[+]
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-27 12:02:32  
Shiva.Shinneh said:

Random Q though, any thoughts on Pyrric Kleos? Useless? only good to make darkness for funzies? lol only got it last week.

Probably DNC best source of Damage i reckon, mainly because you can pair it with Evics for darkness skillchains.

Correct me if im wrong, im no DNC!
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-27 12:12:46  
Hades.Eliane said:
Shiva.Shinneh said:

Probably DNC best source of Damage i reckon, mainly because you can pair it with Evics for darkness skillchains.

Correct me if im wrong, im no DNC!

Actually self darkness kill a shitload of Tps and steps, so Dancin+ Wild Flourish kinda better ratio dmg.

and pyric is a little lower dmg compare dancing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-27 12:13:30  

Lava/kusha rings would be better for a tp set

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

hmm why ?

Rajas will let you get to 100% TP in one less hit, increasing your WS frequency. Always a good thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-27 12:44:43  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Quote:

Quote:

You can look for items doin good and spare Shitload of inventory, or you can look for doin a little better and kill all your space for ONE job...this guide is this...

Quote:

Quote:

Once again WICH stats is so good ? and why ? and what u get compare to other piece ?
Its supposed to be a guide, not "You must have THIS or you sucks"...say wich part is a guide in this *** ???

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

or somethin else ? cant even see your point...well once again if auric so much better she didnt say why compare to other daggers...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hmm why ?

Quote:

Suppa should be a joke to get now.

Quote:

Quote:

its a TP set not a DMG set...the more attack the better, u dont care about DMG when u make TPS...
and if its for steps set she go for acc+ no ?[/quote]
you are the dumbest person.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 13:00:33  
Quote:

Look up on wiki <_< this isn't supposed to hold your hand.

Quote:

Okay, so when writing a guide I shouldn't list anything but absolute essentials? This is how to do the job to a very high standard, and it is presumed that I will use my own judgment as to gear alternatives/how far I want to take it.

Quote:

Waltz Recast-, moar cures, moar cures.

Quote:

No. If a weapon has 1.2 average hits per round and you are dualwielding it with a 1 hits per round weapon, you make 2.2 average hits per round. If you were using 2x the 1 hits per round weapon previously, your increase was 0.2/2. If you add a second 1.2 hits per round instead of the remaining 1 hit per round above, your increase will be 0.2/2.2. 0.2/2 > 0.2/2.2. Decreasing returns.

Quote:
hmm why ?

vs 5STR and 5DEX and 5stp

Quote:

Getting a small group of friends together to do a quick BC should not be a difficult task for any FFXI player who is at all social.

Quote:
and if its for steps set she go for acc+ no ?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, but are you implying +Attack increases WS frequency (when not hitting for 0)?
By Gemah 2010-10-27 14:30:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Lava/kusha rings would be better for a tp set

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

hmm why ?

Rajas will let you get to 100% TP in one less hit, increasing your WS frequency. Always a good thing.

This guide basically says you're an idiot for using a WS, though.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-27 14:42:42  
WS frequency is a byproduct of TP which can be used for Healing etc!

Plus more TP = more chance of excess TP = more chance of WS, etc.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19