Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 13:38:47  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Im currently unemployed atm. Lost my last job, i live with my gf who works part time. We live in a small flat(or appartment) together. Ive been pretty much working since i turned 16 (now 23) I even paid tax when i was at college (Which you arent meant to do here, you live tax free while in education). Now when i lost my job i thought id be able to get benefits cuz ive worked so much, so went to the unemployment place did all the paper work, blah blah. Few weeks later i hear from them. I was denied benefits because I "didnt contribute enough tax" so wasnt entitled... So we have rent, bills national insurance etc to pay... on my gf being employed full time. Apparently thats enough to get by... Despite the fact we have to get 200+ pounds from her mother every month to help cover ***we gotta pay. Now, being denied benefits for a BS reason such as not contributing enough, despite working my *** off for the past 7 years, is really shitty. However, whats worse? I have a friend who has a job (paid under the table) and signs on for unemployment. they asked him "so, what was your previous job?" He said "oh just some bar work, you know"... The guy said this... "oh, never mind then, we will just accept you, you're money will be in your bank on friday and every two fridays after that"... Not only that, he went to a council building and asked them for help paying his rent... They accepted him. He now pays no rent, gets unemployment benefits and has a job. Then theres my brother. Unemployed, living at home with my mother having to pay no rent, no bills, has everything bought for him. Gues what? He got accepted. He gets money put into his account every two weeks also. where im left sitting here, unable to get a *** job in this shitty day and age with all thes bills and rent and other stuff to pay. With no help other than from my GFs mother who is taking the money from her pension, to help us. This. Life. Is. ***. Sorry for the rant, but really needed to get that ***out. It sickens me how so many people get help they dont deserve, when theres people like me who really need it, get boned by the government... /sigh.
Don't you just *** love the UK benefits system >_>;
It's a joke, seriously. They are currently toying with the idea of making people with no job pick up litter for like 7 hours five days a week for standard dole payment (which is less than minimum wage). How will anyone find a job with such little time to do it, *** conservative.

Lol good luck getting people to do that. Atleast if they do do it, the place will be alot cleaner. But the streets are gunna be way over crowded. As for me? Well im not getting dole payouts... so im not picking up anything >.> I shouldnt even be bothering to go into the job centres and signing on... since im not even getting anything for doing so!
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:39:32  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
hold it right there nothing wrong with getting help from the government, doesn't devolve your dignity.

Shits on my dignity, walkin onto the place and seeing the low life scum of the earth who are getting money when im not. Just being near them makes me feel utter ***about myself and the downwards spiral my life has taken. I was better off when i was 16 years old compared to what i am now. If only i put money away instead of *** spending it all... /sigh. Kids do stupid things with money they dont know how to handle.

low life scum? you think you are above anyone else just because you get more money? get your head outta your *** dude. Your ***smells the same as anyone elses.

this kind of individuality is what will NEVER EVER help this society and humanity progress, leading to the self destruction we're in right now.
Congratulations.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:41:45  
Phoenix.Darki said:
hold it right there nothing wrong with getting help from the government, doesn't devolve your dignity.

I'm just saying that very people who lost everything still hold their head high, poverty is a society problem, it needs fixed. That's the underlying root of all social programs, but to do that as a society we need to evolve, and from what I can see, the mentality of "you must work for a living" doesn't work, what if you have children, or are disabled, or have disabled children, single parent, etc. there's reasons these programs were put into place, and I say they need to go further, there's no reason that people should have to work to survive, to live in luxury yes, but not to survive.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 13:41:56  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Silly people always thinking they deserve to just be handed ***on a silver platter while other people have to work for it.

Also I've walked over 2 hours to get to work everyday before so yeah gtfo and stop being lazy
i think they work their *** off and still don't get enough.

hate the *** people who haven't been in this situation, yeah because anyone with a disability can walk 2 hours for work. ha ha ha. get real folks.
There is no way you can work a min wage job and not have enough unless you are living outside your means. But people will always not want to give X item up or live somewhere cheaper. It didn't used to be like this. Everyone didn't used to feel the need to have all this stuff and lived just fine. There are plenty of studies on it. And when in doubt get a 2nd job. My step mom used to work 3 to support her 2 kids and dead beat husband

And I've walked over a mile on crutches for a few weeks. On roads without side walks just rocky sides of the road on steep hills... so yeah stop being lazy.

If you have a problem deal with it. THere are ways around all those things you just don't want to do it
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:43:03  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Silly people always thinking they deserve to just be handed ***on a silver platter while other people have to work for it.

Also I've walked over 2 hours to get to work everyday before so yeah gtfo and stop being lazy

actually a platinum platter.
The handouts government gives out, it's more like a copper platter.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-10-25 13:43:43  
It's platinum rims on their escalade. Or maybe on their lexus?

My mother-in-law used to work as a manager for a government subsidized apartment complex. These people were paying like 50-100 bucks a month in rent, but they were all driving up to the front office in their escalades and lexus vehicles.

You should not be allowed to live off of government assistance and be driving around a $30,000 vehicle.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 13:44:46  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shits on my dignity, walkin onto the place and seeing the low life scum of the earth who are getting money when im not. Just being near them makes me feel utter ***about myself and the downwards spiral my life has taken. I was better off when i was 16 years old compared to what i am now. If only i put money away instead of *** spending it all... /sigh. Kids do stupid things with money they dont know how to handle.
low life scum? you think you are above anyone else just because you get more money? get your head outta your *** dude. Your ***smells the same as anyone elses. this kind of individuality is what will NEVER EVER help this society and humanity progress, leading to the self destruction we're in right now. Congratulations.

Yeh that's a bit of a mean generalisation >_> but I feel u bro, I been down the jerbcentre a couple times an the people being advised about jerbs come up with some of the most ridiculous excuses I've ever heard so they don't have to work, when everyone there knows they are talking complete bs and are just too lazy to contribute to the system, but how can you prove that without insulting them and risking a discriminatory dismissal? There are those who want to thrive and improve our world and there are those who are too lazy and would not care if it came crashing down so long as they have there sofa and tv.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:45:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

hate the *** people who haven't been in this situation, yeah because anyone with a disability can walk 2 hours for work. ha ha ha. get real folks.
There is no way you can work a min wage job and not have enough unless you are living outside your means. But people will always not want to give X item up or live somewhere cheaper. It didn't used to be like this. Everyone didn't used to feel the need to have all this stuff and lived just fine. There are plenty of studies on it.

And I've walked over a mile on crutches for a few weeks. On roads without side walks just rocky sides of the road on steep hills... so yeah stop being lazy.

If you have a problem deal with it. THere are ways around all those things you just don't want to do it
$15,080 before taxes, - about 10k in housing(and electric bill etc), 3.5k in food, plus travel expenses, you're left with ***, what if somebody gets sick, your car breaks down, minimum wage doesn't cover the cost of living for ***. Also that's assuming you get 40 hours/week.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 13:46:29  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
low life scum? you think you are above anyone else just because you get more money? get your head outta your *** dude. Your ***smells the same as anyone elses. this kind of individuality is what will NEVER EVER help this society and humanity progress, leading to the self destruction we're in right now. Congratulations.

wtf are you talking about? I mean people that live off the goverment their whole lives, they aspire to like off the government and never work at all. I dunno what its like over where you are but here, there are scum that WANT to never work, and just get handed money. They spend their money on drugs and and never pay tax. They havent contrivuted a penny to the government, yet for some reason they are given money without question. As for me getting more money, what? Are you listening? I dont get anything. I actually worked my *** off sicne i was 16, i paid tax, i paid national insurance. I contributed, but when i get in a tight spot they tell me to gtfo. When theres people like i just mentioned getting given money for nothing. Junkies, alcoholics, dealers. you name it, they are there, waiting in line and getting given money. then off to the pharmacy to get their methedrone, or wahtever the *** it is. the fact people like that are getting help and im not, makes me feel like utter ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:46:55  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

actually a platinum platter.
The handouts government gives out, it's more like a copper platter.
yeah I was saying what I wanted, what people get is probably closer to tin or lead, I'd say the latter because it's poison.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 13:46:59  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

I made silly mistakes with my money too, I'm only just recovering everything I *** up and it took about a year on benefits to do so. There's some jobs I simply can't do and the only jobs around here seem to be those. Luckily I've had a bit of a break with University and other opportunities, but signing on every fortnight is a real *** ***on your dignity.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 13:47:52  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
wtf are you talking about? I mean people that live off the goverment their whole lives, they aspire to like off the government and never work at all. I dunno what its like over where you are but here, there are scum that WANT to never work, and just get handed money. They spend their money on drugs and and never pay tax. They havent contrivuted a penny to the government, yet for some reason they are given money without question. As for me getting more money, what? Are you listening? I dont get anything. I actually worked my *** off sicne i was 16, i paid tax, i paid national insurance. I contributed, but when i get in a tight spot they tell me to gtfo. When theres people like i just mentioned getting given money for nothing. Junkies, alcoholics, dealers. you name it, they are there, waiting in line and getting given money. then off to the pharmacy to get their methedrone, or wahtever the *** it is. the fact people like that are getting help and im not, makes me feel like utter ***.

Where do you live again, like what city? :3
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:49:06  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

There is no way you can work a min wage job and not have enough unless you are living outside your means. But people will always not want to give X item up or live somewhere cheaper. It didn't used to be like this. Everyone didn't used to feel the need to have all this stuff and lived just fine. There are plenty of studies on it.

eh not really you'd be surprised how high rent has gotten lately and living expenses even if you work your *** off for a min wage job. People who don't understand this need a reality check.

Lazy? when did i say lazyness? Did you *** hear me? a disabled person can walk 2 hours for work? I don't think so.
My mom has been ill the last years and she still works her *** off because she gets 0 help from the government, 0 help from her 'rich boyfriend' 0 help from anyone, she is self employed runs her own business. you call that lazy? she has seen herself with out money to pay for her expenses before even though she's cut back on almost everything, even cell phone, she never ever got help from the gov because 'she can afford everything'. You think she's lazy son? even with the pain in her body she woke up everyday to go work, lazyy? yeahhh. Piss off, get a reality check on your brain over how rl works, stop living in your *** bubble.

what do your studies say again?
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 13:49:09  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Where do you live again, like what city? :3

Edinburgh, Scotland.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:49:21  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Going to have to disagree with you here.
Federal minimum wage is around $7.25/hr. 40hrs a week, 50 weeks a year is: $14,500.

Poverty line for a family of 2 let's say (one parent one kid) is: $14,570

So right there working like a normal person supporting one kid you fall $70 short of the poverty line!

No one who works 40hrs a week should be considered at the poverty level.

The problem is minimum wage is so out of touch with today's economy, plain and simple.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 13:50:52  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Edinburgh, Scotland.

/stabs

I'm moving there at new years an I'll need a jerb there too >_>
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:51:08  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Federal minimum wage is around $7.25/hr. 40hrs a week, 50 weeks a year is: $14,500.

Poverty for a family of 2 let's say (one parent one kid) is: $14,570

So right there working like a normal person supporting one kid you fall $70 short of the poverty line!

The problem is minimum wage is so out of touch with today's economy, plain and simple.

thank you for giving him a reality check.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-25 13:51:16  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
OP stfu.
Car and phone are neccessary. Specially one for husband one for wife.
All that take the bus *** or train is douche baggery, no buses/trains everywhere. If I had to take a bus right now I'd have to walk more than an hour to get there.

Lot's of people work their *** off, and yet recieve half of what they should. Some are ill and could use the help from the GOV, i *** hate rich people who think the poor have it easy and shouldn't get help, stop being so *** selfish, maybe the day you don't have food on your fridge and no money you will understand.

the gov's help is badly distributed, people who don't need it get it and people who actually do get ***. They count your salary for sure and nothing else, if you make enough for food they don't give you food stamps, but they don't count your personal expenses which are neccessary if you think a phone and car aren't at this day and age you seriously need to get your *** head on earth. Hai2u.

Sell your car and move closer to town. If you own a house, sell your house. If you have a problem paying for rent, move in social housing (wtv housing program the GVT supports)

Personal expenses don't count for a reason.

in pr no such a thing as buses/trains, theres only one train and its nearby an university and doesn't go that far, the buses are on the city area which by chance have the highest rent/living expenses and aren't good relying on. considering they start at 9am and close at 11pm yeahhh i can see how you can rely on them and also *** slow *** buses, thanks to them i spent one whole semester getting late to class. things are different here.

no need to loose your hard worked house just because you are having a harsh time in your life, if the help exists why not? it gives you a push so when you are better economicaly. Have you even ever owned a house? how much you loose by actually selling it is beyond me.

hmm... I wanted to explain myself but hell what is the point.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 13:51:22  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
$15,080 before taxes, - about 10k in housing(and electric bill etc), 3.5k in food, plus travel expenses, you're left with ***, what if somebody gets sick, your car breaks down, minimum wage doesn't cover the cost of living for ***. Also that's assuming you get 40 hours/week.
At worst yes. Most places are a bit high. Live somewhere cheaper. Spend less on food bills etc. It's actually rather easy if you are willing to get some crappy small place and not eat cheap.
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-10-25 13:51:45  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Silly people always thinking they deserve to just be handed ***on a silver platter while other people have to work for it. Also I've walked over 2 hours to get to work everyday before so yeah gtfo and stop being lazy

I know the feeling. I walked to work once and it's an hour's walk round trip. I recently moved to live closer to the Bus Stops and the Dart Rail in case the car doesn't start.

I don't understand how people choose to live in areas that are for lack of a better word, DEAD. No jobs, no schools, nothing. Especially if you have assets. (car, computers, land, cell phone etc)

Guess no one was forced to read "Who Moved My Cheese".
 Bismarck.Tuvae
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 13:52:33  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Edinburgh, Scotland.
/stabs I'm moving there at new years an I'll need a jerb there too >_>
Ah cool. You know what part of Edinburgh your gunna be living at? And good luck geting a job. Ive been trying since April. =/
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:52:37  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

over here even if you live off the government it's not enough to cover up everything under the neccessary fields. Like food for example...

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:53:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
At worst yes. Most places are a bit high. Live somewhere cheaper. Spend less on food bills etc. It's actually rather easy if you are willing to get some crappy small place and not eat cheap.
only in your fantasy world there exists 'cheaper' places.
have you given thought that perhaps even that doesn't exist?
yeah, you need a reality check.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 13:53:36  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Silly people always thinking they deserve to just be handed ***on a silver platter while other people have to work for it. Also I've walked over 2 hours to get to work everyday before so yeah gtfo and stop being lazy

I know the feeling. I walked to work once and it's an hour's walk round trip. I recently moved to live closer to the Bus Stops and the Dart Rail in case the car doesn't start.

I don't understand how people choose to live in areas that are for lack of a better word, DEAD. No jobs, no schools, nothing. Especially if you have assets. (car, computers, land, cell phone etc)

Guess no one was forced to read "Who Moved My Cheese".
some people can't afford to live in cities, just an fyi.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-25 13:53:46  
It sounds like a lot of people around the world have their priorities in spending all fudged up.
I'm no advocate for otherwise but still, everyone should know that a roof above your head, food on the plate and clothes on your back are more or less top priority.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-25 13:54:26  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

No problem <3
I saw this problem back when I first started working at minimum wage was $5.25 and hour and yet the poverty line was still around $14,000. Wasn't a problem then, I was still in high school. But even back then I couldn't fathom how an adult come live on that kind of pay.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-10-25 13:55:19  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

No problem <3
I saw this problem back when I first started working at minimum wage was $5.25 and hour and yet the poverty line was still around $14,000. Wasn't a problem then, I was still in high school. But even back then I couldn't fathom how an adult come live on that kind of pay.

min wage jobs only work for one thing, living with someone else sharing the expenses and paying yourself a good education.

and even with that you struggle.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-25 13:55:22  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Going to have to disagree with you here. Federal minimum wage is around $7.25/hr. 40hrs a week, 50 weeks a year is: $14,500.

Poverty line for a family of 2 let's say (one parent one kid) is: $14,570

Minimum wage is expected to support 1 person. Also I think less than 10 states are actually that low

It is expected that other people have some form of income.

For a kid the other parent. Yes yes I know there are alot of deadbeat parents out there. My mom being one of them. Though to be fair if my dad had pressed it he could've had the courts force her to pay. Well more like give her a lot of debt she would probably not pay and go to jail for and award him money lol.

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-25 13:55:26  
Fenrir.Weewoo said:
It sounds like a lot of people around the world have their priorities in spending all fudged up.
I'm no advocate for otherwise but still, everyone should know that a roof above your head, food on the plate and clothes on your back are more or less top priority.

Unless you're part of a nudist colony.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 13:55:43  
you know what doesn't make any sense. We have a three party system down here, NA (National Alliance), DP (Democratic Party), and the newly formed UP (United Party).

NA won the most seats in parlament (7), followed by UP (6), and DP (2). Now, the leader of the UP broke off from DP and thats how that party started. But I knew full well they were still in bed together.

Sure enough, the person with the LEAST amount of votes for herself, and the leader of the party who came in a distant 3rd (DP), managed to get the first spot as Prime Minister.

My mind is still blown at this.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12