users online
Makes no sense
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-25 08:22:57  
So, my friend has worked for a bank for a while, so he has seen a lot of ***. He tells me all the time about how people have gotten unemployment checks for years, as if it was another check to receive monthly. He's from a small town, so he knows some of these people. He knows that they take on odd-jobs that pay them under-the-table, as a way to get both unemployment and money for working. He knows that they also try to stay in a range so that they can still apply for foodstamps, which they then buy food just to sell for more cash.

So, this just pisses me off. I'm the type of person who likes to fuel my own anger to a subject, so I went browsing around the internet for stories of people doing ***like this.

The first place I check has this site. Read the very first comment afterwards:

yes i have a house and we pay 1600 for mortgage , and the others bills and they dont want to give us food stamp , by husband work in a temp job now because he lost his previous job , i have an illness and im taking ssi and i went to apply for f, stamps and they denied it , because we make a lot of money , but thet dont count , the water , the sewer, the phone , the cable the heat our personal expenses the insurance for both cars , groceries ect , i think they have to, change the way gov, its working , because we realy need a lilltehelp ..

I can only pray that this person is joking.. You can't have the internet, cable, phone, and TWO cars be factored into it as if they were all neccessary items for living. Of course they denied your damn food stamps! What is wrong with these people? Do they feel like they should be entitled the world for doing nothing?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-10-25 08:43:41  
me and my mom live off food stamps we only get about 320$ a month and by the 2-3week we only have 20-30$ left. There a range when you allow to get food stamps. If you live in a house and can pay for it then you not allow matter if you can't pay for food or not. It's *** but that how it is. I know ppl in my apts sell food stamps for $ i guess for every 10$ food stamps they sell it for what? 4-5$ which make a good profit for both i guess. Good thing about food stamps there no tax so you have more to use up.

i'm 20year old went to college got to pay my college ***load of $ and no job at all. It's so bad where i am that mcds not having job -.- So ya i don't think the person is joking it's true they wont get food stamps too they move to a Apts and pay about 800$ or less but if they do they wont get food stamps because they can now buy food.
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-10-25 08:49:14  
doesnt sound that dissimilar to how it is nin the UK.. plenty of immigrants for example with 5 bedroom houses and benefits and still they want more

NOw we've reduced benefits for those with disabilities etc urgh
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-10-25 08:57:56  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
doesnt sound that dissimilar to how it is nin the UK.. plenty of immigrants for example with 5 bedroom houses and benefits and still they want more

NOw we've reduced benefits for those with disabilities etc urgh

in USA there a plan 8 lol which pretty much is for the old/disabilities which pay for 90% or more of there rent so all they have to pay is about 10-50$ on there own pocket trust me i know my mom works in the apt we live and pretty much know everything have to do with plan 8 / being a manger of a apts lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-25 09:09:14  
I got denied for food stamps sometime last year when I had no power or water in my house for just over a 2 month period, lol.

Hurray Ramen Noodles
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-25 09:10:10  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
So, my friend has worked for a bank for a while, so he has seen a lot of ***. He tells me all the time about how people have gotten unemployment checks for years, as if it was another check to receive monthly. He's from a small town, so he knows some of these people. He knows that they take on odd-jobs that pay them under-the-table, as a way to get both unemployment and money for working. He knows that they also try to stay in a range so that they can still apply for foodstamps, which they then buy food just to sell for more cash. So, this just pisses me off. I'm the type of person who likes to fuel my own anger to a subject, so I went browsing around the internet for stories of people doing ***like this. The first place I check has this site. Read the very first comment afterwards: yes i have a house and we pay 1600 for mortgage , and the others bills and they dont want to give us food stamp , by husband work in a temp job now because he lost his previous job , i have an illness and im taking ssi and i went to apply for f, stamps and they denied it , because we make a lot of money , but thet dont count , the water , the sewer, the phone , the cable the heat our personal expenses the insurance for both cars , groceries ect , i think they have to, change the way gov, its working , because we realy need a lilltehelp .. I can only pray that this person is joking.. You can't have the internet, cable, phone, and TWO cars be factored into it as if they were all neccessary items for living. Of course they denied your damn food stamps! What is wrong with these people? Do they feel like they should be entitled the world for doing nothing?

So you're against entitlement programs?
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-25 09:19:26  
Im currently unemployed atm. Lost my last job, i live with my gf who works part time. We live in a small flat(or appartment) together. Ive been pretty much working since i turned 16 (now 23) I even paid tax when i was at college (Which you arent meant to do here, you live tax free while in education). Now when i lost my job i thought id be able to get benefits cuz ive worked so much, so went to the unemployment place did all the paper work, blah blah. Few weeks later i hear from them. I was denied benefits because I "didnt contribute enough tax" so wasnt entitled... So we have rent, bills national insurance etc to pay... on my gf being employed full time. Apparently thats enough to get by... Despite the fact we have to get 200+ pounds from her mother every month to help cover ***we gotta pay.

Now, being denied benefits for a BS reason such as not contributing enough, despite working my *** off for the past 7 years, is really shitty. However, whats worse? I have a friend who has a job (paid under the table) and signs on for unemployment. they asked him
"so, what was your previous job?"
He said "oh just some bar work, you know"... The guy said this...
"oh, never mind then, we will just accept you, you're money will be in your bank on friday and every two fridays after that"...
Not only that, he went to a council building and asked them for help paying his rent... They accepted him. He now pays no rent, gets unemployment benefits and has a job.

Then theres my brother. Unemployed, living at home with my mother having to pay no rent, no bills, has everything bought for him. Gues what? He got accepted. He gets money put into his account every two weeks also. where im left sitting here, unable to get a *** job in this shitty day and age with all thes bills and rent and other stuff to pay. With no help other than from my GFs mother who is taking the money from her pension, to help us. This. Life. Is. ***.

Sorry for the rant, but really needed to get that ***out. It sickens me how so many people get help they dont deserve, when theres people like me who really need it, get boned by the government... /sigh.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-25 09:34:42  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
So, my friend has worked for a bank for a while, so he has seen a lot of ***. He tells me all the time about how people have gotten unemployment checks for years, as if it was another check to receive monthly. He's from a small town, so he knows some of these people. He knows that they take on odd-jobs that pay them under-the-table, as a way to get both unemployment and money for working. He knows that they also try to stay in a range so that they can still apply for foodstamps, which they then buy food just to sell for more cash. So, this just pisses me off. I'm the type of person who likes to fuel my own anger to a subject, so I went browsing around the internet for stories of people doing ***like this. The first place I check has this site. Read the very first comment afterwards: yes i have a house and we pay 1600 for mortgage , and the others bills and they dont want to give us food stamp , by husband work in a temp job now because he lost his previous job , i have an illness and im taking ssi and i went to apply for f, stamps and they denied it , because we make a lot of money , but thet dont count , the water , the sewer, the phone , the cable the heat our personal expenses the insurance for both cars , groceries ect , i think they have to, change the way gov, its working , because we realy need a lilltehelp .. I can only pray that this person is joking.. You can't have the internet, cable, phone, and TWO cars be factored into it as if they were all neccessary items for living. Of course they denied your damn food stamps! What is wrong with these people? Do they feel like they should be entitled the world for doing nothing?

No, I'm against the abuse of these programs. And when people abuse these programs to the extent that they've done, the people who legitimately need them can't benefit from them. First thing you should do when you can't pay for food is to cancel your cable. Secondly, look into some form of public transportation so you don't have to insure two cars(if she's disabled, why is she driving anyway?), plus you can sell your second car for some money to get you back on your feet. If you're still struggling, find a cheaper place to live.

When you've lost your job, you should never say: "Well, I'll keep my same standard of living as if I still had my nice job, going out to eat steak dinner, often making trips to visit friends, HBO and my other premium cable packages, and expect the government to cover all these personal expenses until I'm ready to find a new job."

You should be saying: "Well, time to cut back on some of this stuff. We'll be struggling through some tough times, but I think we can make it."
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 09:35:40  
I guess you won't like the idea of fat people being considered "disabled" so they get the handi-cap parking spaces.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-25 09:38:25  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I got denied for food stamps sometime last year when I had no power or water in my house for just over a 2 month period, lol. Hurray Ramen Noodles

How did you fix ramen noodles with no water..?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 09:39:47  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I got denied for food stamps sometime last year when I had no power or water in my house for just over a 2 month period, lol. Hurray Ramen Noodles

magic...

I got denied food stamps because I am an educated black male o.o
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-25 09:40:31  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
magic... I got denied food stamps because I am an educated black male o.o

And you believe in Magic..?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-25 09:41:39  
I would eat them out of the bag, and still do. Water and power is on now, but don't have a stove and trying to do it ghetto with the microwave is just too much work and always turns out like ***.

Basically, my uncle lets me live in his house while I go to college. Other than that (personal expenses, food, transportation, etc.), I'm on my own. Oh hey, 3 cars in the yard? How about a nice 8 mile bike ride to school!

The 2 months I was w/o lights/water I guess was his mid life crisis mode. He shut everything off and moved into his friend's house. His wife went to her mom's house, so was just me and the abandoned house.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 09:42:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I would eat them out of the bag, and still do. Water and power is on now, but don't have a stove and trying to do it ghetto with the microwave is just too much work and always turns out like ***.
and exactly how to do you *** up a bowl of Ramen?
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
magic... I got denied food stamps because I am an educated black male o.o

And you believe in Magic..?
I personally dont believe in magic, the same way I dont believe in God, but thats a can of ***we dont need to open.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-25 09:45:57  
I prefer them dry to luke warm. And can't get the microwave that hot w/o water spilling all up in the insides.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 09:46:50  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I prefer them dry to luke warm. And can't get the microwave that hot w/o water spilling all up in the insides.
lol
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-25 09:47:12  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Tiger kinda reminds me of Kid Cudi.. That's off topic, but still.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-25 09:52:24  
With no water, what do you do? Crap in grocery bags and throw them in the dumpster?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-25 09:57:28  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
With no water, what do you do? Crap in grocery bags and throw them in the dumpster?

That's what I do even when I have water.
[+]
 Sylph.Bouncingflea
user: Roiclem
By Sylph.Bouncingflea 2010-10-25 09:57:59  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Yes. The only thing you are entitled to are the three rights stated in the Declaration of Independence; Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Though I don't really consider myself a christian, there is a passage that seems pretty pertinent to this: "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground..."
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 10:02:24  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
hell yeah, nothing like chucking your ***an extra 50 yards to set records
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-25 10:04:30  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
That's a sport in some places.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 10:07:48  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
That's a sport in some places.
its like the Olympics for people in Malaysia
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-25 10:16:18  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Well, with no power, wasn't really any reason to stay home much. I'd go there to sleep, that's about it. I'd wake up at 6-7 and get to school (First class at 8), and I'd pretty much stay there until they closed at 10pm (or if someone wasn't doing anything I'd go hang out at their house). Then I'd come home and sleep, wake up repeat.

That being said, most of the time I just crapped elsewhere, but if it came down to an emergency, I'd go in the ditch behind my back yard.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-25 10:29:43  
"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."

In this sense, I guess you're doing pretty well now at least.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-25 10:36:25  
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-10-25 10:44:04  
Fairy.Spence said:
nope, that ***dont make no sense at all.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-10-25 11:09:29  
Fairy.Spence said:
I knew someone posting an image like that was inevitable with a topic title such as this.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-25 12:36:26  
Sylph.Bouncingflea said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:

Yes. The only thing you are entitled to are the three rights stated in the Declaration of Independence; Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Though I don't really consider myself a christian, there is a passage that seems pretty pertinent to this: "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground..."

you need shelter to live, so therefore houses are entitled, you need food to live, liberty, so you're not locked up unless you commit crimes, if your pursuit of happiness is done on your couch, who's to say otherwise?

To be honest the way of the world where people work for a living is going to die out, there's no reason for it in the age of technology we live in.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-25 12:41:23  
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Im currently unemployed atm. Lost my last job, i live with my gf who works part time. We live in a small flat(or appartment) together. Ive been pretty much working since i turned 16 (now 23) I even paid tax when i was at college (Which you arent meant to do here, you live tax free while in education). Now when i lost my job i thought id be able to get benefits cuz ive worked so much, so went to the unemployment place did all the paper work, blah blah. Few weeks later i hear from them. I was denied benefits because I "didnt contribute enough tax" so wasnt entitled... So we have rent, bills national insurance etc to pay... on my gf being employed full time. Apparently thats enough to get by... Despite the fact we have to get 200+ pounds from her mother every month to help cover ***we gotta pay. Now, being denied benefits for a BS reason such as not contributing enough, despite working my *** off for the past 7 years, is really shitty. However, whats worse? I have a friend who has a job (paid under the table) and signs on for unemployment. they asked him "so, what was your previous job?" He said "oh just some bar work, you know"... The guy said this... "oh, never mind then, we will just accept you, you're money will be in your bank on friday and every two fridays after that"... Not only that, he went to a council building and asked them for help paying his rent... They accepted him. He now pays no rent, gets unemployment benefits and has a job. Then theres my brother. Unemployed, living at home with my mother having to pay no rent, no bills, has everything bought for him. Gues what? He got accepted. He gets money put into his account every two weeks also. where im left sitting here, unable to get a *** job in this shitty day and age with all thes bills and rent and other stuff to pay. With no help other than from my GFs mother who is taking the money from her pension, to help us. This. Life. Is. ***. Sorry for the rant, but really needed to get that ***out. It sickens me how so many people get help they dont deserve, when theres people like me who really need it, get boned by the government... /sigh.

Don't you just *** love the UK benefits system >_>;
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12