Flask Of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Flask of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!
Flask of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Baroma
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-07-15 23:37:42  
What is the the Flask of Primeval Brew? 2,000,000 cruor is quite a lot for a single item! It would be nice to know what it does before buying it!

Adventurers who quaff a flask of primeval brew will find themselves possessed of transcendent powers for a span of three Earth minutes.

While the deepest secrets of this beatific beverage are not for us to reveal, its benefits include a +999 boost to all attributes, Regen and Refresh that restore 300 points of HP/MP every three seconds, and other effects sure to bewilder even the most brutal Abyssean fiends.

Holy crap!!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-07-15 23:39:11  
Wanted to solo the top tier nm in the zone?
Here you go.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 23:41:16  
Wait does it really do what you just said?
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-15 23:42:32  
What the....***?
Still...2mil cruor?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-15 23:43:39  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

I can't find anything on that :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-15 23:43:44  
I'd pay 2mil to do something suitably epic with it
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-07-15 23:45:36  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q%26A:_Abyssea
[+]
 Bahamut.Foxxy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-07-15 23:46:17  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q%26A:_Abyssea guess it isnt a trick
 Bahamut.Foxxy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-07-15 23:46:37  
Asura.Kowen said:
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Developer_Q&A:_Abyssea
bleh you beat me ; ;
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-07-15 23:54:49  
In the farthest corner of an Abyssea zone, there is a way to pop AV's big bad ugly uncle, who also chugged one of these potions. And you need a full alliance of 18 people to zerg him in those 3 minutes to even remotely have a chance to kill it.

I really doubt that... but hey, you never know... >.>...
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-15 23:56:23  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:
In the farthest corner of an Abyssea zone, there is a way to pop AV's big bad ugly uncle, who also chugged one of these potions. And you need a full alliance of 18 people to zerg him in those 3 minutes to even remotely have a chance to kill it.

I really doubt that... but hey, you never know... >.>...

Iratham may be of what you speak.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-16 04:24:45  
I really doubt it'll be useable outside of the area you buy it. It is a temp item, after all. And remember that SE specifically said more than once in that Q&A that there are more effects that they aren't revealing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-07-16 04:27:49  
Maybe 999 exp each mob? Or 999 Cruor each mob? Hmmm...
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-16 04:33:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
I really doubt it'll be useable outside of the area you buy it. It is a temp item, after all. And remember that SE specifically said more than once in that Q&A that there are more effects that they aren't revealing.

Abyssea Temp items persist, even if you run out of time. I still have a few temp items (Mostly mage stuff) from my very fist foray into the zone. So it's likely you can buy and save for a later time, even if you cannot take it out of the zone.

It's not unlikely to think that Primeval Brew + Atma will be damn near required to take down the most difficult NM(s) in the zone. The Floating Robo-Kefka has my bet on being the new Absolute Virtue/Pandemonium Warden.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-16 04:44:40  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Abyssea Temp items persist, even if you run out of time. I still have a few temp items (Mostly mage stuff) from my very fist foray into the zone. So it's likely you can buy and save for a later time, even if you cannot take it out of the zone.
That's good to know, at least.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-07-16 04:53:52  
lets see i have about 24k cruor :(
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-16 05:11:57  

Edit: But seriously.. that is some epic stuff.. You know by the end of the Third Add-on, there is going to be a mob in there that will need everyone in an Alliance to take one simply to survive this new AV-Equse mob.

Hell, I'd laugh if it was AV, just his Abyssean Version.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-16 06:11:42  
Seriously, it's proof enough that SE doesn't even know their own game.

Maxing DEX is 20% crit boost "only" so typically only 10% damage increase since it would probably only affect melee.

Maxing STR would be great if fstr didn't cap, however fstr caps at weapon rank + 8 so typically +20 fstr or +80 STR. Doing so your base damage goes from ~ 100 to ~ 120 => another 20% boost , to melee and ws this time.

Maxing vit means mobs will hit you with the minimum fstr, which is (wpn damage)-(wpn rank). Mob have much higher dmg than players. AV easily smacks you for 400-500 a hit, non crit. That's like 200 DMG ? remove 12 fstr and you get .. 188 DMG instead. So you take -6% damage ... all right ...?

Maxing DEF seems to be the most useful, so for you local PLD with 600 def that's ~ -40% damage taken

Maximizing attack does nothing or almost, because AV does not have very high def, it just have special form of taking less damage and a hgher level (pdif correction and -pdt). This and the fact that Dia III/minuet/chaos should be up and should cap you.

Conclusion :

How is gaining ~ 30%-40% damage output, taking ~ -45% damage, all of this during 3 minutes only, going to allow you to kill AV ?

What about meteor or aeroga4 followed by a crit ?

[+]
 Hades.Eliane
サーバ: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-07-16 06:18:07  
Asura.Baroma said:
While the deepest secrets of this beatific beverage are not for us to reveal

2 million Cruor test anyone!?!?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-16 06:24:57  
Quote:
bewilder even the most brutal Abyssean fiends.
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-07-16 06:31:54  
I just want to point out its a temporary item meaning you mostly likely you Can Not take it out side of Abyssea.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-16 06:36:30  
Quote not working right now for me ><.. Pimpchan..did it never occur to you that WS formulas or dmg formulas or anything of that ilk worked different in Abyssea? clearly there would be a reason for the +999's if SE implemented no need for beyond a +80 to a stat...

please for the love of god stop trying to think you know absolutely everything there is to know in the game lol new content is new and not 100% explained yet...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-16 06:40:48  
Asura.Baroma said:
What is the the Flask of Primeval Brew? 2,000,000 cruor is quite a lot for a single item! It would be nice to know what it does before buying it!
that's what BP just used to stop the Oil Leak off the gulf coast
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-07-16 06:45:27  
Oh on a side note. My theory at the moment is Flask of Primeval Brew is required to land the final blow on the Abyssea version of AV/Kirin/PW/ you know the final boss type thing of the expansion. Any one else think it sounds like something SE would do?1
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-16 06:50:46  
@ Ifrit.Eikechi

Just let gimpchan ramble on, he's just trying to shove ***in your face to try to look smart.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-16 06:56:15  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
@ Ifrit.Eikechi

Just let gimpchan ramble on, he's just an elitist

fixed
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-16 07:22:50  
"WS formulas or dmg formulas or anything of that ilk worked different in Abyssea?"

They don't. However I realise I forgot that ws don't have cap on attributes, so it's probably a large boost to ws like gekko. The main problem with AV is not the damage it takes anyway, it's the (magical) damage it does to you.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-16 07:36:25  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
@ Ifrit.Eikechi

Just let gimpchan ramble on, he's just trying to shove ***in your face to try to look smart.

Not that I like the guy, but ever stop and think that in some cases he does know his ***and it's quite useful?

Seriously. Weren't you the one in the other thread that was like "Let's not fight! Everyone is a troll!"

Meanwhile; how much Cruor per hour do you guys think it's feasible to get?
[+]
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2010-07-16 07:45:06  
Why does ffxi wiki have have stats for this?! has anyone actually used one! if you look at the item description:

Flask of Primeval Brew
A curious drink, brewed of primeval
herbs by ancient gods long forgotten.
It is said that one who imbibes it will
converge with the primordial forces of
nature.

Converges with the primordial forces, seems to suggest giving the user unique powers yes but what kind of powers and stats.
My theory is that with Alex and Odin using Astral flow giving limited use this could be a summons medicine, just pure theory of course but one that gives an avatar for limited time plus user is completely non hatelist or some unique abilities for a limited time ie meteor/xxxx super duper swamper striker.Or it could it fact be a pile of **** who knows!:}
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-16 08:03:53  
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I just want to point out its a temporary item meaning you mostly likely you Can Not take it out side of Abyssea.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
bewilder even the most brutal Abyssean fiends.
Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:

/thread
[+]
First Page 2 3