Flask Of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Flask of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!
Flask of Primeveal A/V @$$kicker!
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2010-07-16 08:13:55  
also if used just on midnight jp time gives gm effect,warp anywhere do anything get anything! activate free subscription for life and just generally pwn!
 Caitsith.Amonk
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Amonk
By Caitsith.Amonk 2010-07-16 08:27:15  
I can't wait until someone gets it, hits enter, and the cursor targets the nearest enemy.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-16 08:58:30  

?
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-16 09:34:59  
additional effect.. turns you green and evil
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-16 10:03:36  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Quote not working right now for me ><.. Pimpchan..did it never occur to you that WS formulas or dmg formulas or anything of that ilk worked different in Abyssea? clearly there would be a reason for the +999's if SE implemented no need for beyond a +80 to a stat...

please for the love of god stop trying to think you know absolutely everything there is to know in the game lol new content is new and not 100% explained yet...
We have zero evidence indicating damage formulas are different inside Abyssea. Just because new ***comes out does not mean old ***changes...
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Meanwhile; how much Cruor per hour do you guys think it's feasible to get?
Quite a bit given that you can get upwards of 70 cruor per mob with sufficiently high silver/ebon lights and you get another 1k/chest. 20-25k/hr should be within reason once everything is build up, but that's still at least 80 hours of work per drink and by then you've likely capped exp so that would be all you're getting.
[+]
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2010-07-16 10:12:35  
true enough id still love to know what it does>ponders!!<
Sect thats not turtle meat is it? o.o
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-07-16 10:29:37  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
The main problem with AV is not the damage it takes anyway, it's the (magical) damage it does to you.

are people forgettng 999+ to all stats wouldn't that include stuff like elemental stats so could mean u avoid magical damage. also the more stuff s/e not saying about it is the intreging part
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2010-07-16 10:37:58  
wouldnt they just make it an invincible status then for physical and magic damage instead of 999 etc.that whole 999+ thing is just rumour anyway i don't know where wiki got it lol
i know one truth about this drink
IT has nothing to do with bloody AV.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-07-16 10:39:56  
Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
The main problem with AV is not the damage it takes anyway, it's the (magical) damage it does to you.

are people forgettng 999 to all stats wouldn't that include stuff like elemental stats so could mean u avoid magical damage. also the more stuff s/e not saying about it is the intreging part

Magic damage is partly calculated using Fint or Fmnd so yeah having 1080ish of the stat will mean The F part of the equation would be underground.

I don't know if resistance would also be +999 but with something insane as this, I wouldn't doubt it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-16 10:45:48  
Valefor.Schoolarnia said:

It's high quality veal.

I dunno how they expect to get prime veal in a flask....
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-07-16 10:52:19  
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Seriously, it's proof enough that SE doesn't even know their own game.

Maxing DEX is 20% crit boost "only" so typically only 10% damage increase since it would probably only affect melee.

Maxing STR would be great if fstr didn't cap, however fstr caps at weapon rank + 8 so typically +20 fstr or +80 STR. Doing so your base damage goes from ~ 100 to ~ 120 => another 20% boost , to melee and ws this time.

Maxing vit means mobs will hit you with the minimum fstr, which is (wpn damage)-(wpn rank). Mob have much higher dmg than players. AV easily smacks you for 400-500 a hit, non crit. That's like 200 DMG ? remove 12 fstr and you get .. 188 DMG instead. So you take -6% damage ... all right ...?

Maxing DEF seems to be the most useful, so for you local PLD with 600 def that's ~ -40% damage taken

Maximizing attack does nothing or almost, because AV does not have very high def, it just have special form of taking less damage and a hgher level (pdif correction and -pdt). This and the fact that Dia III/minuet/chaos should be up and should cap you.

Conclusion :

How is gaining ~ 30%-40% damage output, taking ~ -45% damage, all of this during 3 minutes only, going to allow you to kill AV ?

What about meteor or aeroga4 followed by a crit ?

Maybe the drink removes all of those caps? Seems likely to me.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-07-16 13:51:27  
"are people forgettng 999+ to all stats wouldn't that include stuff like elemental stats so could mean u avoid magical damage. also the more stuff s/e not saying about it is the intreging part"

Right it's technically the same as +999 magic evasion so you should resist all spells. Too bad it's only in abyssea.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-07-16 15:59:13  
Guys! Look at the picture of the flask! Its only rare/ex not the temp sign! Even wiki thinks its used to kill AV

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Flask_of_Primeval_Brew
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-16 16:45:45  
*** it. Gonna go get that old Rubix Cube I couldn't figure out, rip off the stickers and match them all to the same sides.

It's almost like they are slowly giving us tools to be able to fight certain monsters. I mean are they just making up ***now or slowly turning us on to game mechanics?
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-07-16 17:30:17  
Not advocating that you can or can not kill AV/take it out of abyssea/etc, but the thing people are forgetting is the 300 hp/mp per tick regen/refresh... That's the real winner
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-07-16 18:37:38  
Here it goes. Sam #1 uses item. Tachi Hobaku Meteor!. Tachi Hobaku Meteor #2 Blade Bash Meteor #3. This continues for 3 mins. Then the NEXT SAM uses his 2M cruor item and continues.

I don't know man. I really don't know.

Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-16 18:50:59  
You know, fstr and all that ***might be alot different @99 than what it has been for the past 7 or so years.

People seems to always forget that alot is changing in the game and game mechanics thanks to the rise of the lv cap. For all you know haste cap from gear might be at 40% once we're 99, as an example.

Just saying, it might be time to trash everything we think we know, and start all over again with new tests.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-07-16 20:33:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Valefor.Schoolarnia said:

It's high quality veal.

I dunno how they expect to get prime veal in a flask....

Lol! That was a typo I made in topic! Very cleaver. I was gonna fix it but nah, I like veal.
 Sylph.Washburn
サーバ: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2010-07-16 21:12:56  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
additional effect.. turns you green and evil
Umm... I hate to break it to you hulk, that's a gun, or was... not a boomerang... You've pretty much ruined it, it's no good now. Drop it and pick up something worthy.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-16 21:29:56  
999 magic attack bonus..... that'd be hilarious
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-07-17 06:43:41  
tooo bad pdif caps......
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-07-17 06:57:45  
Bismarck.Aryden said:
tooo bad pdif caps......

And how do you know that cap wont be raised / lifted by the time we're Lv99, no one knows what SE is planning so quit saying this item is worthless.. they OBVIOUSLY put it in the game for a reason.
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-07-17 06:59:20  
Irregardless... This thing makes a BLM pretty much immortal for three minutes.

Mana Wall with 300 mp every 3 seconds will keep you alive NP. That is 600 damage you can take every 3 seconds before it even exceeds the refresh thresh hold and damages your mp pool. Gogo nuke spam with mana font!

Not to mention you have +999 evasion from it, so you're going to likely be capped out on evasion on anything. Then there's the +999 defense, int, mnd, and vit as well for resisting/defending against anything that DOES hit you. In addition, the +999 vit would also give you approximately 500 additional defense on top of that.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-07-17 07:02:04  
Remember; Steroids makes your *** little.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-17 07:16:28  
I'd rather do it on rdm/sch. Chainspell all kinds of nukes and occasionally if you have to drain some back
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-07-17 08:08:00  
Is there a cap to the amount of MND that will be utilized in chi blast? if not then one 1200 MND monk would be able to do up to like 14.4k damage on the spot lol. A party or two of mnk's would be able to drop most things if it isn't capped.

So you have 2 pt's of 5 MNKs and 1 COR in each, try to restore chi blast, if that fails then switch the cors out for other cors, and own anything.

Though the cor's would likely be unnecessary, seeing as 10 monks could potentially dish out 144k damage instantly. Could always throw in another 8 monks too for fun.
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-07-17 08:33:21  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Is there a cap to the amount of MND that will be utilized in chi blast? if not then one 1200 MND monk would be able to do up to like 14.4k damage on the spot lol. A party or two of mnk's would be able to drop most things if it isn't capped. So you have 2 pt's of 5 MNKs and 1 COR in each, try to restore chi blast, if that fails then switch the cors out for other cors, and own anything. Though the cor's would likely be unnecessary, seeing as 10 monks could potentially dish out 144k damage instantly. Could always throw in another 8 monks too for fun.

Really no point in the COR. In order to get that 14k+ Chi Blast a monk would have to Boost at least 10 times, once every 15 seconds, which would = 2:30. Boosting the the max of 12 Boosts,which of course would take 3:00 to do (which is the cooldown for Chi Blast), I came up with around 16k+ DMG (using your example of 1200 MND + Temple Gloves and at the highest RN).

So having a COR reset Chi Blast timer would be useless, seeing as you still need to Boost for 3 mins to maximize DMG.

Edit: Also i wanted to add that i'm pretty sure the stats will cap at 999, even then, it's possible to push out a 14.1k Chi Blast with max Boosts and conditions.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-07-17 08:36:32  
 Ramuh.Bangarang
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Bangarang
By Ramuh.Bangarang 2010-07-17 08:42:57  
Asura.Baroma said:
Guys! Look at the picture of the flask! Its only rare/ex not the temp sign! Even wiki thinks its used to kill AV

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Flask_of_Primeval_Brew

You do know "wiki" isn't a sentient being and that its content is user edited, right? The same users that are speculating what the brew does in this very forum?

>_>
[+]