Please Stop Helping These RMT Level.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Please stop helping these RMT level.
Please stop helping these RMT level.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 05:10:20  
Regardless of whether the points you make are valid, how 'HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' we apparently are; Going out of your way to talk down to people and insult them, and getting some kind of savage enjoyment out of it? This isn't what most people would consider a positive character trait.

You shouldn't try to 'step' on people in such a self-righteous way when you're lacking the moral highground to not come off as incredibly hypocritical in doing so. You're easily as bad as any of us could be from the way you're acting, so isn't this bravado a bit out of place?
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 05:21:29  
Saiya said:
Regardless of whether the points you make are valid, how 'HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' we apparently are; Going out of your way to talk down to people and insult them, and getting some kind of savage enjoyment out of it? This isn't what most people would consider a positive character trait.

You shouldn't try to 'step' on people in such a self-righteous way when you're lacking the moral highground to not come off as incredibly hypocritical in doing so. You're easily as bad as any of us could be from the way you're acting, so isn't this bravado a bit out of place?

You remind me of my friend. Perfect way to shoot me down, I love it. And yes I agree :).

Seems like you're not HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as I thought.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 05:31:50  
Right then. I'm not suited to forum wars anyway, i'm not nearly vicious enough.

Nice playing with you.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 05:35:34  
Wasn't trying to start one, just pointing out crying over RMT, arguing back and forth over the validity of suspected RMT personnel is pointless.

SE knows what they're doing and after 2 years of fully implementing and improving counter RMT measures, we should just leave it to them.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 05:41:09  
Many discussions are ultimately pointless, but I'm a great believer in the spirit of friendly debate.

Arguing about which is better (for example) Selene's Bow or E.Bow for x,y and z reasons is ultimately pointless. But discussing it gets ideas into the air and everyone develops in one way or another.

If they're the kind of people that don't get anything from a healthy discussion or don't contribute in a constructive way, their replies tend to get overlooked subconsciously anyway.

Live and let live, eh?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 05:51:32  
Yes, a lot of general talks are... pointless, however some discussions reach a new peak of stupidity depending on the content of the posts leading to an unresisting urge to step in. Such as this thread. Hell I've never even posted here before I noticed this sillyness.

This is why progress is so slow for the average human. Doing research and looking thinks up without "discussing" everything redundantly saves much more time. Granted you can see it as getting ideas around but not everyone shares your ideological point of view. Some see it as utter time sinks which serve no purpose to begin with when all the answers are already in front of you, but you decide to ignore them and post useless banter relating to the subject.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 05:58:35  
If people are happy to spend their time doing it though, we can't be the judge if whether they should. Hundreds of thousands of people choose to spent their time watching the brainless post-modern roman colliseum which is big brother.

(For anyone who didn't get the reference, people are thrown into a closed arena and tear each other to pieces for the entertainment of the crowd. Apt metaphor, don't you think? =p)

Funnily enough that's one of the most socially acceptable time sinks in existance; TV, despite the fact that healthy beneficial programming is rare. Don't get me wrong, I dig the comedy & action & parody too, not just the documentaries ^^;

My point is it seems like a waste of time to you, but clearly not to some of the others, like myself. Best to let us get on with it eh?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 06:12:37  
You're still sitting in that gray area where "no one is right". Yes everyone has their own opinions but in reality, is what I've stated about this thread being the discussion about RMT a waste of time? Yes. Is it a waste of time to most other people who were willing to be proactive in life and seek answers to their problems, or to realize SE updates their RMT bulletins monthly? Yes.

The idea here isn't about pass time activities, but complete pointless wastes of time. You're using your TV example as some sort of post eventful view, such as, once you watch TV, the time is gone, therefore it's a time sink. If that's your view, everything is a time sink. That's not what I meant by waste of time. Having fun is one thing, spending time with family, watching TV, going out are just a few obvious examples of pass times. Am I saying everything is a time sink then? No. I personally don't watch TV like you and some other people do. I only watch the news. It's current, updated and I see it as productive. Time sink? No. Pass time? Yes.

But posting and defending issues which equate to the cliche of beating a dead horse is a waste of time and regardless of what you say about what I "think" relating to the issue, when you stop looking at it from a neutral point of view, gather resources available and conclude with everything that's right there, arguing about RMT is a waste of time. And from this standpoint I can say I'm completely justified in saying so.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-13 06:17:09  
Why are you two still carrying on?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 06:19:43  
For your viewing pleasure.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-13 06:25:39  
Well I think you both should just compare *** size and settle it that way.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 06:29:17  
One of the subjects that came up was the moral issue of partying with an RMT. Assisting them, but also having them assist you. That's an example of an issue where there is nothing BUT opinion.

Discussing characteristics of different RMT over different servers, and thus leading onto the above point about whether to party with them or not having determined whether you believe they are RMT? That seems to have been a big part of this thread too.

Sorry, i've been careless with my wording. I wasn't trying to make a distinction between a time-sink and passing time, in fact passing time is the term I should have used. I don't watch a great deal of TV at all incidentally, but I was trying to avoid stepping on people's toes.

My point was that people will engage in activity that pleases them, and so to them isn't a time-sink, it's passing time as you described. It's all relative to the eye of the beholder.

Being up to date on current news may seem like a better way to invest yourself, but since your knowing probably won't ultimately change any significant course of events, doesn't that render it ultimately pointless? Not really, because the benefit it has is specific to you, and who you interact with personally, no?

Far from defending issues that aren't worth defending, i'm defending people's right to engage in their own passing time-sinks. This might be dangerous in some cases... but seeing as it's only FFXIAH.com, and only FFXI, it's seems permissable.
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 06:33:43  
We're carrying on half because it's fun and half because we're tenacious *** who don't have the sense to quit ^^.

We're down to real debate and the replies are informed and engaging. So i'm enjoying myself.

Sorry, we've hijacked your thread Fairy m(_ _)m
 Cerberus.Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-13 06:38:00  
Although despite that, i'm going to appeal to you now. This is taking up a lot of time and i'm at work. I won't stop, and I doubt you will either. So for lack of better terminology can we call it a draw?

I won't claim advantage, and maybe you won't? Then we can knock this on the head.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-01-13 06:58:15  
PMs are your friends.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-13 07:21:15  
/Locked
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-13 07:45:52  
The reason why Prime.. I snubbed you b/c I don't really care, your run on sentences about how other ppl post about their opinions seem to never stop.

You certinaly like to hear yourself talk, and I'm not interested!

Your wasting your time here. Go post somewhere else.

I'm sure everyone else would agree with me.

Can I get some one to either lock this thread for real? or can't these posts be locked?
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-01-13 08:18:46  
And you my friend would be the loser in the *** comparing contest.
Period.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-13 19:16:35  
Gtfo Asura
Gtfo Odin
Gtfo Quetzalcoatl
Gtfo Cerberus
Gtfo Phoenix
Gtfo Caitsith
Gtfo Bahamut
Gtfo Gilgamesh

Fairy Forums. Fairy Matter. Not needing your input. Case closed. This is a thread as a warning to Fairians, not for other servers to come and troll. Thank you.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-13 19:42:50  
I'm still here, what are you going to do about it? Newb.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-14 00:27:15  
If you're going to call someone a noob on FFXIAH, be sure to have your data shown before you do. What are you trying to hide, troll?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 01:54:01  
Hide? I'm retired, been so for a while. And I'm still here, what are you going to do? You piece of ***newb :).

And, RMT owns you. Cry baby beeeeeeeatch.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-01-14 02:08:53  
lol<_< retired? You regret it? Why you still here if you quit since a while?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 02:25:45  
Yeah lost interest for the most part, just selling everything I have and giving the gil away now.

As for regretting it.. Not sure, sometimes I regret playing for 4~ years on and off, but XI is just something you can't walk away from just like that you know..
 Bahamut.Maximillian
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Maximillian 2009-01-14 02:28:34  
turn off the cpu and go outside?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 02:30:35  
Maximillian said:
turn off the cpu and go outside?

That would be valid if I spent so much time on the comp to the point I didn't know what to do with myself. But, I don't so, no. And a computer isn't called a "CPU", a computer is called a computer. The CPU is just a part of it.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-01-14 02:52:09  
You mean you won against FFXI but now the time you used to spent on it is used to troll on FFXIAH? I mean, is it any better than PLAYING ffxi? Even if you probably spend the same amount of time on FFXIAH?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-14 02:59:09  
Everyone just leave this person alone. If you say something, your just fuelling "its" behaviour or ego or bravado, w.e "it" is it is trying to show.

Just ignore it, let it have it's last say.. perhaps it will go away....
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-01-14 03:15:19  
At the end of the day where there is an "online" game with "virtual" money involved rmt will always be around.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-14 03:18:45  
Princemercury said:
Hide? I'm retired, been so for a while.

SO here's a question I got... if you're retired and walking away... why are you selling everything? Watcha plan on doing with all the gil you'll inevitably accumulate? If you're just going to give that away to random noobs that would be a good thing, but then why not just give the gear away... it'd be a faster way to cut your ties with the game and get on with your life...

That said, why does a retired player stay on here in these forums calling everyone newb and spouting profanity? I thought you were quitting to get on with your life... geez...