Please Stop Helping These RMT Level.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Please stop helping these RMT level.
Please stop helping these RMT level.
 Fairy.Winterlight
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-01-14 05:29:26  
Just an interesting trend I've noticed on Fairy.

I don't really have a strong opinion about RMT but...

Players who yell the loudest about RMT are also some of the worst griefers on Fairy. They grief RMT and legit players alike it seems. Whether it's about the gear you're wearing, your playing technique or whether or not you use caps in chat they have no shortage of topics to alienate other players with.

I'd like to see SE ban both griefers and RMT using the same "rigorous" standards these griefers are purporting to use in their efforts. Especially the lunatic RMT decriers at the beginning of this thread.
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2009-01-14 07:29:34  
Heh. I love how he threw out GTFO Gilgamesh in there. I'm not going to lock the thread... just yet. Maybe later on.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-01-14 07:34:29  
there is some interesting discussion in here, maybe a bit OT, other than the insults of that guy from before the thread seems quite polite to me..;3
 Gilgamesh.Jonls
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Jonis
By Gilgamesh.Jonls 2009-01-14 07:39:18  
Agreed
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-01-14 07:43:02  
There WAS some interesting discussion =/. I busted my *** to create some equal ground, fight off a certain antagonist, and it looked like the thread was going to die.

Then people have to make another inflammatory post and it all starts again. i.e. shouting 'GTFO <insert server here>'. After shouting that the quality of the thread hit rock bottom again.

Notice this trend and perhaps think about what you're posting before posting it? You may be righteously angry at people interfering, but you didn't help, that's for sure =/.

Besides, it could be argued that a server's particular forum is an area for posts that relate to that particular server, but not that it's private only to residents on that server.

I for one was quite enjoying the discussion about RMT characteristics. Not everyone from another server that posted was trolling you know =(
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-01-14 08:06:49  
Well im not much on the "GTFO Server" part but this is Fairy Section, and shouldn't be "abused" from ppl from other servers, in fact the thread was about Suspected RMTs in fairy.

If this isn't true i see no point in making server specific sections.

You'd better go post in "Suggestions" Board too then, because Thunderblaze is asking that everyone have forum access for them server's board only.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-01-14 09:05:29  
This forum is no longer about the OP. Which is probably what some of the people were wishing to accomplish. I guess some people just hate not to feel involved. GG trolls.

I think what Kel said hit the target dead on there. Why create server specific forums if people are just going to make them across the board?

Everyone has an opinion and some people just feel that everyone else cares. I think it's kinda pointless to make any forum only topics that don't deal with ls recruitment. If you just say the word RMT, you should expect 20 ppl to jump on it and claim it as their own.

The other servers didn't really belong here until they made it their own, but that's when the thread died wasn't it? Was kinda pointless of TB to try to tell ppl to get out so much though, almost humorous with the inevitable drama to follow. But then when has anyone known TB not to stir up drama? lol

I don't know exactly everyone Winterlight was trying to say was a griever. But TB should have been banned long ago, if SE won't ban him for what he did they sure wouldn't ban him for complaining.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-14 11:54:54  
Given the OP's reputation did anyone here actually just say to themselves "yeah, they're definitely RMT, we better watch out for them?" or wonder if maybe there was a LITTLE more to it than that? Given what I've heard (and I'm not going to dredge it up here and cause problems) it's certainly within the realm of possibility.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 14:24:41  
Bleh just to answer a few questions I saw skimming through. I stopped playing full time, meaning every night... been this way since September. All I do now is log on and chat with friends since most people I talk with I know irl. I'm not giving all my random stuff to random n00bs, that's just silly. Most of the stuff goes to my friends who live near me, just in case I decide to come back one day... We all know you can't really quit FFXI completely. I've quit 2-3 times already and got dragged back with my tail between my legs. I saw some post with an animal in his avatar, his grammar is so poor I won't even dignify him with a decent response.

I don't have a problem with anyone and I don't troll these boards like some of you think. Look at my post count, I started posting here because I saw "another" 'don't help RMT' discussion in the top 10 thing on the home page. After reading and seeing the same bs I've been seeing on practically every XI board since 2002, I came to the conclusion of my first post here. Am I wrong to think so? I believe some - if not most of you agree.

And for those of you who cry about RMT, news flash, 85% of everyone who plays the game that doesn't use their parent's credit cards, has bought gil. And most people who *** about RMT, has bought gil at some time. So shove it.

And to OP, the cry baby. If you're not so n00b why is RMT even effecting you. I'm guessing RMT does endgame on your server? Causing a huge hindrance? My server is small, we have our own private forums and we're a pretty closely knit community. Guess how many of us cry about RMT lvling their jobs in Qufim and Garlaige? None. So shut the *** up with that old *** about pointing out people named ;iohrsdf;vbhr lvling a job in areas you shouldn't be in, in the first place. +I see you like the term "GTFO" a lot. This most likely means you're a boy who hasn't ended puberty yet or just a retard to point. Don't like other servers inputting what they think about your dumb ***? Shout in *** whitegate about your server problems but don't come to XIAH or KI and cry like a big baby about your so called "private server" matters. *** newb.

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Given the OP's reputation did anyone here actually just say to themselves "yeah, they're definitely RMT, we better watch out for them?" or wonder if maybe there was a LITTLE more to it than that? Given what I've heard (and I'm not going to dredge it up here and cause problems) it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Never seen the OP before... 2 days ago I think. No way someone can be that bad. I must be a gimp troll not noticing :).
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-01-14 14:58:54  
Princemercury said:
Never seen the OP before... 2 days ago I think. No way someone can be that bad. I must be a gimp troll not noticing :).

That's because his drama is from in-game mostly and not from his forum posting(Although plenty of forums covered him). People hate him for ninjaing/stealing however he got that k.club, WG shouts and for PLing himself all the time on different jobs from 1-75. I've blisted him on several occasions over his shouts and had civilized conversations in exp parties. He seemingly thrives on attention so even us talking about him here probably makes him happy no matter good or bad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2009-01-14 15:15:15  

Oh I see, every server has a few eh.. I doubt I make him happy, he seems pretty offended against me. In reality attention *** only want positive attention. No matter what they say, if they receive any type of negative comments towards them, they get pissed irl, even if they say "yeah I like it" on the forums. Telling themselves that just makes them think they can hide their insecurity about being unpopular, eg class clowns.

Like when I called him a newb, see how the only response he had was in defending himself? Straight on his guard. He would make a fine animal, probably something vicious like a Maltese.

But, we smart ones know.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-14 17:23:45  
<- Feels stupid about telling a mod to get off their own forums lol, sorry was trying to include every server that randomly decided to post on here...without observing the names. Just a tad bit silly that other servers have replied to this thread more than Fairians..who the topic was directed to. Lots of people still accidentally join their parties, and thank me for warning them when I catch it.

For those that don't care and say it doesn't effect them...just remember the thousands of hackings by RMT....as well as that Christmas inflation due to a gil sale one year that made everything have stupid prices (7mill snipers, 1mill nq amemets, etc).

Regarding the PLing, not many people care, they actually enjoy decent parties where they get a few levels before disband. And I make sure it's decent players that are in the parties as well....and don't let noobs get rushed to endgame.

Edit: I'm not against you, you just shouldn't be replying to this topic since it doesn't effect you. You're simply trying to start crap, aka being a troll, which, ironically to some, I do have something against lol.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-15 00:21:04  
Winterlight said:
Just an interesting trend I've noticed on Fairy.

I don't really have a strong opinion about RMT but...

Players who yell the loudest about RMT are also some of the worst griefers on Fairy. They grief RMT and legit players alike it seems. Whether it's about the gear you're wearing, your playing technique or whether or not you use caps in chat they have no shortage of topics to alienate other players with.

I'd like to see SE ban both griefers and RMT using the same "rigorous" standards these griefers are purporting to use in their efforts. Especially the lunatic RMT decriers at the beginning of this thread.

This actually makes sense. I agree.
 Fairy.Thunderblaze
user: Exorcist
By Fairy.Thunderblaze 2009-01-17 02:00:36  
Djagef is RMT too. Don't be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like Eviluck and support RMT.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-01-17 02:25:23  
Thunderblaze said:

For those that don't care and say it doesn't effect them...just remember the thousands of hackings by RMT....as well as that Christmas inflation due to a gil sale one year that made everything have stupid prices (7mill snipers, 1mill nq amemets, etc).

that christmas inflation was awesome for some ^^ as a crafter i made bank with only 86ish goldsmithing at that time, but pulling in 10mil profit a week off crap like melody earring+1 when they were 2.5mil.. and i also made 14.4mil for basically nothing, selling a weskit i paid only 600k for for 15mil. I for one miss inflation.

I'm bringing back inflation one sale, 5-10k over last price at a time... if other crafters let me :X
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-17 02:47:15  
Smurfo said:
I for one miss inflation.

I don't, not really...I mean, once I got a little higher level it wasn't too bad, but when I first started the economy was awful...borrowed 20k from a rl friend to get started in the game, which just about bought me my leather gear, a rabbit mantle, and other crap gear. 20k to get level 7 equips was just ridiculous...considering you start the game with 50 gil.

Luckily, I started about a month before the easter egg event that year, so I made a decent amount of gil bazaaring my eggs, otherwise, there's no way I would have been able to do it. Peeps shouldn't have to farm for days to buy literally their FIRST set of gear. And who remember's what a joy HELM was in those days? Personally, mining made me want to stab people...
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-01-17 12:25:05  
Personally I miss the rmt lol. Items were worth farming, always sold.... I always had plenty of money. I was actually able to afford stuff.

now everything I used to do for gil is crap.... idfc flame me if you want but I miss them... some of them were even nice. I had one give me enuf tree cuttings once to finish my stack, so I would leave lol.

I suppose I could do more bcnms and ks's, but i never have luck with drops... so whats the point.
By Fairy.Lobstermagnet 2009-01-19 20:36:44  
dur dur dur dur
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-19 20:38:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Necrobump.
 Garuda.Crayne
サーバ: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-01-19 22:58:58  
Hmmm, why I didn't come read this sooner is beyond me. It would have been worth making popcorn for.

Oh well, /popcorn anyways.

Two things:

Constructive:
I agree with the comment that as long as a virtual economy exists, there will be a black market for that currency (aka RMT) that is, in effect, and exchange rate between the two. As much as most of us despise this, it is also an external control on the economy. Since SE has killed off a large number of RMTs, the game's economy has essentially crashed hard. Yes, things are more affordable now, but making gil is even harder. I'm not familiar with the game's economy before December 2006 (right after the patch that made the Kraken Club a BCNM drop and gave LoO the lolOctave), but since the crash crafting has become increasingly a waste of time and money unless you have ridiculous luck with HQs or control the market for what you're making yourself.

Trolling:

We have a saying in Oceanids: "DARKDOOM! STFU!"

I think a variation is in order...

THUNDERBLAZE! STFU!

I did a little digging...seems like a lot of people have wished death upon you, hoped you'd die in a fire (Statistically, only 1 in 40,000 people die in fires, so they better have good luck with those odds), and generally hate you. Your posting here with your whole "GTFO <server>!" bit needs to be left on KI, because well...this ISN'T KI. It makes you no less of a troll than me, Prince (who I add seems to have not such a good rep either...QCDN user title "Invincible RMT" say much, buddy?), or anyone else who spent their time derailing this thread.

Truth is...we're all sick of RMTs, and it's NOT just a Fairy problem. It's an FFXI problem, and a problem that most MMOs have to fight with as well. Don't go giving us this crap that it's something only one server has--it's something that 32 of 33 servers has issues with (the only server without this problem is Atomos, the test server. Since it's included in the server status on the POL website, I included it).

I got a great idea for you, jackass:

GTFO FFXI!

/popcorn til thread lock.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Barlow
user: Barlow
By Fairy.Barlow 2009-03-14 12:31:09  
This fool TB accuses ppl of rmt if he takes a dislike to them or doesn't approve of their gear, he accused someone in a party a friend of mine was in & made a post claiming all in the party were supporting RMT just cause the one guy had crappy gear & english wasn't his first tounge, i have since seen this guy in wg /shouting for nyzle isle pt on rdm in good gear.not the sort of thing GS would do rly. so it goes to show anything this fool says is to be ignored imo & yes using the word fool can be seen as inflamatory..but if you accuse people without proof its a foolish thing to do & usualy done out of spite.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-14 12:33:43  
You're about two months late Barlow.
 Fairy.Barlow
user: Barlow
By Fairy.Barlow 2009-03-14 12:45:14  
just seen the thread wooooodum & wanted to add my opinion
 Asura.Reublucian
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-14 12:52:06
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Here's an idea OP, have SE give everyone from china free access to salvage, and don't fix any glitches, the rmt will then figure out how to dupe. Then SE will find out what they did..and you can assume what will happen next. Magic. Bye Bye RMT, happy op. Sounds like a delicious day to me.