users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vision of Abyssea Q.Q
Vision of Abyssea Q.Q
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-07-02 01:46:53  
Vision of Abyssea battle field requirements.
its understandable to make an ingame event require reservations and time limits to restrict acess to put a challange for players. however. the Vision of Abyssea is unlike any mess iv ever seen. what to start with?

it all seems horrably wrong.

first. only 30 min a day? i don't know about you. but to even get things rolling in most events take anywhere from 30 min to an hour!

so its almost mandatory to wait untill you get all 3 stones. so you can't do this event but once every 3 days. (60 hours) and only for 90 min (hour and a half) this is still accepable. but considering i payed an ADDITIONAL $10 to have this access it feels a little bit too constrictive. personally id feel that 60 min a day would be more fair.

also, entering the lobby (excluding the first time) requiring a stone regardless of if you want to use it or not to do the event is REQUIRED! ... for the lobby? realy? COMMON! and the 60 min wait after being booted to re-enter the lobby also. WHAT THE HELL! why is that there?. after you get your stone to go buy what you worked for. you only have 5 minutes to do so!!!! this all this restrictions seem to be nothing more then a headache.. I'm sorry to rant like this but iv honestly never been more upset about anything i payed an extra $10 for.. this should of been part of an already existing expansion pack or part of the core game. paying the $10 for a fail like this is about the same for rewarding your dog for taking a big steaming crap right on your laptop you left on the floor... open... i just don't feel like i should be rewarding (paying the $10) for something that is so uncompleted or restrictive, and if a refund could be filed. id totally be going for it... most of the good items can be bought and i would be more then happy spending my time earning gil to buy the items without the headaches of being restricted at every turn. i don't think ill be buying the other 2 add-ons coming due to this

what are your thoughts on the whole thing?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 01:48:49  
The Cruor needed to get gear is extremely easy to get so I feel 30 mins is a fair amount.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-07-02 01:53:04  
It's actually not that bad. You're not restricted to getting a stone every twenty hours. You can get stones whenever you want. You're only restricted to having up to three stones at a time. He just makes a stone every twenty hours.

Not only that, if you leave the zone with time still left, it saves it for the following run. So you can basically go in, use 3 stones, leave, then come back and use 3 more stones. That would get you 180 minutes.

There's a few things I still don't know though, like the limit of amount of stones the NPC can make, and the limit on the amount of time you can reserve with stones.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-02 01:53:27  
I have not done this yet. My question is.. is it worth the time??
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 01:59:10  
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
I have not done this yet. My question is.. is it worth the time??

Check the different gear sets and possible NM drops. My opinion is yes.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-02 02:00:14  
Cool, thank you for the FYI Drac!!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 02:00:51  
I also find it really fun to just run around and kill stuff with my LS lol
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-02 02:02:31  
Nice gear is always a plus!!! And I agree, it is always fun going around killing stuff.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-07-02 02:04:32  
We accidentally pulled an NM that spams charmga after 50% but we eventually killed it and one of us got a nice enmity+5 mantle.
 Diabolos.Dcon
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-07-02 02:07:05  
yes you can give the npc 3 stones for 90mins then leave and save that time... and go back with more stones you can have a total of 120mins. and there are key items you can get that will add mins to your stones. there is a lot to learn about abyssea and there are many ways to make it go smooth
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-07-02 02:16:20  
I did it for 180min today (two 90min runs: 3 stones each) and farmed 4700 cruor with two pickup groups. The only mess is your understanding of the requirements, wait times and limits to playing.

Hit the wiki before you complain about an event. Better yet, actually do it.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-07-02 02:46:59  
this event is only 10 minutes less than salvage, and you can get alot done in the time that you're given. not to mention you can just go in with a random group and get some cruor. also you dont have to trade anything else of value to get in (ie assault points for salvage). it's a pretty sweet deal imo and the gear is pretty good considering how easy it is to get.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-02 02:49:32  
Abyssea and its rewards are quite fair considering the majority of the content. It's actually the fairest thing I've seen in this game yet.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-07-02 02:57:10  
I think of it this way: would you rather have it like the last three add-ons? People finish them in one day and then majority don't go back to help others who fell behind on it. Then they QQ that they paid 10 bucks for just one day's worth of content. I'm pretty satisfied with this add-on so far, nice to see something new that can't be finished in just one day.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-07-02 09:38:22  
I'm not sure what their thinking was with all of the waiting periods. I know SE has kind of been working towards making things less time consuming and such. But perhaps instead of just putting a time limit on an entire zone/instance like this where people want to stay in and farm... They could have increased the rewards slightly or made it easier to do all 120 minutes at once. I don't understand some of the cool down times either such as the lobby. I mean, I guess it's different? It's not like sky where you can stay for 3+ hours at a time. But it seems like awfully large zones with a good bit of variation (such as glowing mobs and other things we don't quite understand) to have such short time constraints that keep you from really exploring and figuring things out.

And I never finished ACP lol I couldn't find people to help me with it.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-07-02 09:42:35  
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this at all...

But perhaps the time limit idea is so that Abyssea doesn't become the new "ToAU"
Remember when ToAU came out?
even till today... Jeuno and the 3 cities are virtual Ghost Towns
No one exp'd in the old area's anymore.

I think it was their way to keep the flow of traffic across the world moving, so everyone doesn't just congest the one spot.

That's just my opinion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Klaital
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Klaital
By Quetzalcoatl.Klaital 2010-07-02 10:10:11  
The only part I really have a complaint with so far is that time spent in the lobby is either restricted to 5 minutes or counts against your stones.

Fortunately, I can use the wiki to peruse the reward lists to figure out what I want, but if I played the game "normally".... I think it'd be rather hard to browse the lists to figure out how to spend my hard-earned cruor.

I do, however, like the way mobs ramp up in difficulty and have useful droprates. It means I can farm with any sized group and still expect fair reward for my time.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 10:10:35  
IMO, anyone who complains about abyssea either hasn't done it, doesn't understand how the time works, or doesn't have a EGLS/schedule.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-07-02 10:13:26  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
IMO, anyone who complains about abyssea either hasn't done it, doesn't understand how the time works, or doesn't have a EGLS/schedule.

And I'm pretty sure the 5 minute initial timer doesn't have any bearing on your stone's time. Once you use a stone it's 30/60/90 minutes from that point on.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 10:17:24  
Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

And I'm pretty sure the 5 minute initial timer doesn't have any bearing on your stone's time. Once you use a stone it's 30/60/90 minutes from that point on.
You get 5 minutes to get stones. I'd imagine this is to prevent abuse since mobs can be pulled to the barrier.

And yes, you get 30 minutes per stone (33 with key item), and it caps at 120 minutes at once. NPC will hold stones (no limit known) at a rate of 1 per 20 hours. This means you can not use stones and do one big session on a Saturday or something if you really wanted to.

There's an Abyssea thread for all that discussion though.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-02 10:33:02  
Honestly, I feel Abyssea is the most solidly designed Endgame event to date. Monsters have fast cooldowns. Drops are Plentiful, and rewards, virtually immediate.

There is also Ancient Abyssites you can collect to enhance your Abyssea experience further. Interesting ones are:

Two abyssites that "Enhance the potency" of Traverse stones. One you buy, one as a random drop from Certain monsters.

Abyssites that Function as a bonus treasure hunter within Abyssea.

Abyssites that boost cruor rate.

An Abyssite that boosts the experience reward for Vanquishing enemies within abyssea.

An abyssite that lowers the cooldown of Traverser Stones.

Just wish I knew how to get them all XD Only got Veridian Abyssite of Merit so far.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-02 12:27:32  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Honestly, I feel Abyssea is the most solidly designed Endgame event to date. Monsters have fast cooldowns. Drops are Plentiful, and rewards, virtually immediate.

There is also Ancient Abyssites you can collect to enhance your Abyssea experience further. Interesting ones are:

Two abyssites that "Enhance the potency" of Traverse stones. One you buy, one as a random drop from Certain monsters.

Abyssites that Function as a bonus treasure hunter within Abyssea.

Abyssites that boost cruor rate.

An Abyssite that boosts the experience reward for Vanquishing enemies within abyssea.

An abyssite that lowers the cooldown of Traverser Stones.

Just wish I knew how to get them all XD Only got Veridian Abyssite of Merit so far.
Are these things permanent?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 12:39:49  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
That's one more abyssite than I've managed so far...
/sigh
Shiva.Lorielain said:
Are these things permanent?
So far, yes.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-02 12:45:59  
I has a question, Is there any new good pieces of gear for mnk, sam, blm rdm, pup or blu that I can get without a ls soloing mobs/nms on those jobs? I doubt Anguinus belt Peiste NM is soloable :<
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-02 12:55:49  
Fairy.Basilo said:
I has a question, Is there any new good pieces of gear for mnk, sam, blm rdm, pup or blu that I can get without a ls soloing mobs/nms on those jobs? I doubt Anguinus belt Peiste NM is soloable :<
I just posted a full list of known gear that comes from Abyssea over in that thread. List out the pieces you want, and I'll give you what I know on each NM and how low-man they can be done.

Edit: The gear purchased with cruor should be fairly easy to obtain, though it may take longer to get if you don't run with a group.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-07-02 13:32:29  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Fairy.Basilo said:
I just posted a full list of known gear that comes from Abyssea over in that thread. List out the pieces you want, and I'll give you what I know on each NM and how low-man they can be done. Edit: The gear purchased with cruor should be fairly easy to obtain, though it may take longer to get if you don't run with a group.

Ty :D