The Walk Of Echoes Beckons!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-15 11:42:50  
On a campaign note what I think people are saying if your a mage job and your fighting the same mob It just makes sence to heal who ever is tanking the mob you guys are beating on. Sad thing is i'll be on blu and be tanking a mob or even a mega and the mages who are beating on the mob i'm tanking will not even heal me ***makes no sence. I also noticed a lot of rdm do this just to let you die so they can tank the mob and get more xp its sad lol
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 11:47:16  
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:
I'm usually more worried about staying alive. If I'm not in a fight, I'll help. If you're tanking the monster I'm fighting, I'll keep you alive. Otherwise, you're on your own.
I would be absolutely chuffed if all mages thought this way.

Wait, if I'm WHM in campaign, I'm supposed to stop whatever I'm doing and tab around looking for people to heal? You really think that?
I was referring more to the part about helping the person tanking the mob you're currently fighting. Or else you could just keep feeding the mob tp, watch me die and then tank it yourself.

And Kalico, thanks for that link, I missed that part. Still though, could be anything, could be a low-man MMM or assault type thing, or a full-scale dynamis style event. Wait (a week) and see I guess.

Edit: On the rare occasion I campaign on rdm, I'll support who-ever is tanking the mob I'm fighting. But again, usually I end up tanking pretty quick just from debuffing the mob. I've pulled hate off pld's just from meleeing while weakened before. Seriously, what the *** to people do in campaign? <_<
[+]
 Unicorn.Lefiont
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Lefiont
By Unicorn.Lefiont 2010-06-15 11:49:34  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Was it green? Somewhat reacalling it, I saw in the dats some ability people are thinking is for PLD listed as BLM so...

Yeah it was the green diamond shaped one. The image is blurry but it looks like the person is wearing mage gear because the body armor would come down to the player's knees, and other than it being white and them standing to the side it's hard to tell.
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
サーバ: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-15 12:06:49  
Odin.Blazza said:
I've pulled hate off pld's just from meleeing while weakened before. Seriously, what the *** to people do in campaign? <_<
You mean you're not supposed to store TP to 300%? You mean DMG 1 weapons are bad?

Seriously, I've had this same issue in Campaign/Besieged, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. You get experience for getting hit in Campaign at least. You'd think people would be desperate to get hate off other people/keep hate on themselves.

Personal favorite was when I showed up at the beginning of a battle in West Sarut, and seeing no one else around, Dia pulled a yagudo. I knew I probably couldn't finish it off, but I could hold that sucker for quite a while if I had to. So people are trickling in, a group pulls another mob to trio down, I'm standing there soloing mine...

Along comes this Taru THF. Starts meleeing the mob. How adorable. SATA's for damage and pulls hate. Turns his back O_O. Wait, wat? So okay, I keep going on the mob and ask in /s "are you trying to play hate games with a DRG?" No response until he SATAs again, and turns his back to wait for me to pull hate back off him.

Oh hell with that ^^ Super Jump, Disengage, /wave THF, move off to help trio with their mob.

If you can't hang, don't show up to the party.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-15 12:41:16  
Pulling hate off PLDs in Campaign battle isn't really an amazing feat tbh. The mobs are low enough level to tank through damage, leaving the people who use JAs/Spells to keep hate way behind in the dust. As BLU/SCH, I can come into a mob at 50% that's been tanked by a decent PLD and easily pull hate within a couple "Big Three" casts.

As a PLD, I try to get capped hate because Atonement damage = more exp. Not to mention if the mob's on me, I'll be getting damage exp. But any run of the mill DD/DD with meditate could come in and get their volatile hate high enough to start tanking it themselves since the mobs are so low level.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 12:48:12  
Pulling hate with the big 3 isn't the same as pulling hate with melee while weakened though lol. ***, if a mob is any higher than 50% when I get to it, I'm damn disappointed if I can't pull hate with the big three.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-15 13:01:14  
I think people are reading too much into this. They do mention limited space, but that u can enter at any time (just like dynamis). treasure pool is like campaign which is just an extension of a dynamis/ein lotting pool to all participants. In all honesty they did piss poor job detailing WoE and complaining now is just a waste of time. If anything wait till its actually out(mind you it is only being partially release as there is an update to WoE later on). For all we know it will be more like fishing, cuz SE sucks at giving information.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 13:03:03  
Hell I'm a PLD and in just my TP set I can pull it off endgame geared PLDs >_> and even then I've had hate ripped off me by decent geared WARs...
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-15 13:49:59  
Sylph.Spieirel said:
You mean you're not supposed to store TP to 300%? You mean DMG 1 weapons are bad?

Seriously, I've had this same issue in Campaign/Besieged, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. You get experience for getting hit in Campaign at least. You'd think people would be desperate to get hate off other people/keep hate on themselves.

Personal favorite was when I showed up at the beginning of a battle in West Sarut, and seeing no one else around, Dia pulled a yagudo. I knew I probably couldn't finish it off, but I could hold that sucker for quite a while if I had to. So people are trickling in, a group pulls another mob to trio down, I'm standing there soloing mine...

Along comes this Taru THF. Starts meleeing the mob. How adorable. SATA's for damage and pulls hate. Turns his back O_O. Wait, wat? So okay, I keep going on the mob and ask in /s "are you trying to play hate games with a DRG?" No response until he SATAs again, and turns his back to wait for me to pull hate back off him.

Oh hell with that ^^ Super Jump, Disengage, /wave THF, move off to help trio with their mob.

If you can't hang, don't show up to the party.

Wow. No, assuming that thf was even 75, he's only half the issue, you are the other half. Trying to mpk him and leaving the mob on him is one of the many reasons campaigns don't work. Notice how everyone rated you down.

You pulled a mob to solo and were soloing, if someone comes to help you dmg it down, don't be a *** and expect them to tank it. Don't get me wrong, he was being a ***, but you were as well.

I'm just giving up hope, in non-ls/grouped events ppl are just *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Period.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-06-15 14:16:28  
Too lazy to go back and read~

So if part of this is coming out next update, SE should have some of the AFv3 in the .DATs right? or will we not "reap the rewards" until the "Walk of the Echoes" is completed...aka next update? :0

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-15 14:29:49  
Why would I care to cure whoever tanking if I'm capable tank as RDM/NIN /SCH or even /WHM myself .. Unless bomb curing will give me more EXP .

Everyone should aim to be self-sustained in campaign/besieged , that's what temporary items are for , that's what /DNC & /SCH are for.

Give mages break & let them do w/e they do & have fun with it , not everything in this game is events , mages wants to play another style from time to time too , you know?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-15 14:33:55  
Being self sufficient and being able to be self sufficient with other PCs *** you are too different stories.

I still remember fighting a gnat solo just fine then this rdm comes up full debuffs it and then it transfers said debuffs to me and rdm decides to full debuff it again. This went on and on with me pretty much just spamming /dnc erase slowly dieing.

Would said rdm heal me or remove status debuffs? Hell how. Would he stop full debuffing it when asked? No
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-15 14:44:04  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Being self sufficient and being able to be self sufficient with other PCs *** you are too different stories. I still remember fighting a gnat solo just fine then this rdm comes up full debuffs it and then it transfers said debuffs to me and rdm decides to full debuff it again. This went on and on with me pretty much just spamming /dnc erase slowly dieing. Would said rdm heal me or remove status debuffs? Hell how. Would he stop full debuffing it when asked? No
You can't help the idiocracy lol

That RDM is an *** lol , that's different story though , I'm saying like I'm soloing this mob in campaign & took in corner away from eveyone , then this idiot DRK come up with KClub , feed it TP , get himself killed , then ask me to raise/cure/haste , being picky idiot *** , potentially tried to mpk me , when obviously I was solo tanking the mob .

That kind of people I won't even care to cure , he could have subbed /SCH , used temporary items , & being less of an idiot by not feeding TP .
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-15 14:45:39  
If you want to cure or not is fine, but as soon a you engage a mob that is being tanked, be aware you are joining together to kill said mob. If you refuse to heal just because you wish to slap a mob and claim you are an awesome tank please reevaluate yourself, as tanking involves taking and holding hate not just surviving. People really do lack any concept of team work in this game(god you even gain exp from curing and debuffing etc, why not do it anyways?). Also on the same note, if multiple mobs are being tanked by some pld or rdm or whomever, either /assist them or be sure you can peal hate asap as that is again killing said person.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-15 14:54:27  
Well now if I'm tanking it already , it would be my duty to keep hate by curing whoever draw hate as it is part of the job to get back hate .

But I won't engage already claimed/being tanked mob in campaign.

Beside there is cap for curing , I'd get more EXP by taking damage & cure myself , again it depends on the purpose , in campaign , you wanna have fun/get AN/maybe cap buffer , in Walk of the Echo case depends really what is it like , as long as we ensure to get the job done , I think a good RDM would debuff/Cure/Buff others , it's just need to be more of organized , & less randomized.

All I was commenting about is Campaign solely , Walk of Echoes is another story , we will wait & see.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-15 14:54:52  
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Being self sufficient and being able to be self sufficient with other PCs *** you are too different stories. I still remember fighting a gnat solo just fine then this rdm comes up full debuffs it and then it transfers said debuffs to me and rdm decides to full debuff it again. This went on and on with me pretty much just spamming /dnc erase slowly dieing. Would said rdm heal me or remove status debuffs? Hell how. Would he stop full debuffing it when asked? No
You can't help the idiocracy lol That RDM is an *** lol , that's different story though , I'm saying like I'm soloing this mob in campaign & took in corner away from eveyone , then this idiot DRK come up with KClub , feed it TP , get himself killed , then ask me to raise/cure/haste , being picky idiot *** , potentially tried to mpk me , when obviously I was solo tanking the mob . That kind of people I won't even care to cure , he could have subbed /SCH , used temporary items , & being less of an idiot by not feeding TP .

The mob is not yours to solo. If another player wants to join in on the mob you have pulled then you can't stop him/her. I'm not saying it is then your job to cure and buff them, not raising them if they die is douchebaggery though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-15 15:04:32  
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
The mob is not yours to solo. If another player wants to join in on the mob you have pulled then you can't stop him/her. I'm not saying it is then your job to cure and buff them, not raising them if they die is douchebaggery though.

If that said person is stupid enough , then the 135~150 MP to raise him is just a waste of MP , because he will get back to his stupidness , as soon as he gets raised .

I'd enjoy being douchebag in that case , can raise after the mob dies , spare myself headache , & tons of wasted MP , when the disadvanatages outweight the advanatages to kill the mob I rather him being dead the whole fight than wasting MP.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-15 15:35:42  
Ragnarok.Holyman said:
I'm soloing this mob in campaign & took in corner away from eveyone , then this idiot DRK come up with KClub , feed it TP , get himself killed , then ask me to raise/cure/haste , being picky idiot *** , potentially tried to mpk me , when obviously I was solo tanking the mob .

That kind of people I won't even care to cure , he could have subbed /SCH , used temporary items , & being less of an idiot by not feeding TP .

I am trying to follow your points. You like to hide mobs from other people in a free for all battle. You do not think you need to cure others when your are also feeding the mob tp(mage dmg is tp feeding~) and you also hate when others come and feed tp on "your mob" that is in the end most likely holding a CB from ending while at the same time you are probably already at cap on alot of things before the mob is dead.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-06-15 16:04:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said:
I am trying to follow your points. You like to hide mobs from other people in a free for all battle. You do not think you need to cure others when your are also feeding the mob tp(mage dmg is tp feeding~) and you also hate when others come and feed tp on "your mob" that is in the end most likely holding a CB from ending while at the same time you are probably already at cap on alot of things before the mob is dead.

The best thing about hiding mobs is to keep CB going~

It's not only hiding it from PCs , but from NPCs too , & I know I'm feeding it TP lol , but do you compare sword feeding TP to KC coming from ratarded gimp DRK ? , Unless I'm doing no action on the mob , it will have TP anyways , but at totally different rate , beside I'm not holding the CB , usually I pull my mob away as soon as the campaign start , & I'm pretty sure I don't kill that slow to make people wait that long lol.

Try campaigning with 5825382 NPCs & PCs , & tell me u like the shitty AN/EXP u get from that ?

I rather do 1 campaign for an hour , get my medal maintaned/evaluated & get done with it , than hopping from zone to zone for short ones , in the end campaign is not my thing , I just do it once every month or so.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-15 16:09:39  
If you want to cure or not is fine, but as soon a you engage a mob that is being tanked, be aware you are joining together to kill said mob. If you refuse to heal just because you wish to slap a mob and claim you are an awesome tank please reevaluate yourself, as tanking involves taking and holding hate not just surviving. People really do lack any concept of team work in this game(god you even gain exp from curing and debuffing etc, why not do it anyways?). Also on the same note, if multiple mobs are being tanked by some pld or rdm or whomever, either /assist them or be sure you can peal hate asap as that is again killing said person.

SE is actually changing this in this next big update. Mages that are not cure spamming tanks will lose their tags and be ejected from the Campaign battle with no exp or allied note rewards.

On the FFXI site:
"We have realized the disuse of healer-class jobs in our Campaign Battle system and are focusing to make front lines jobs feel more encouraged to join the front lines. We will be changing the system so that healer-class jobs will need to focus on curing their battle mates in order to receive potential credits and experience points during battle."

So many mages not doing their jobs, at least SE will make them do it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 16:13:44  
I have to ask, where are you seeing this?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-15 16:15:34  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

It's here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 16:16:17  
What I thought.
http://api.ning.com/files/5XjDqySq9t3GemDb1HaKXlTHUT4uPRnJFsr8v6SemaY_/Trollface_HD.jpg
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-15 16:26:26  
Ragnarok.Holyman said:

It's not only hiding it from PCs , but from NPCs too , & I know I'm feeding it TP lol , but do you compare sword feeding TP to KC coming from ratarded gimp DRK ? , Unless I'm doing no action on the mob , it will have TP anyways , but at totally different rate , beside I'm not holding the CB , usually I pull my mob away as soon as the campaign start , & I'm pretty sure I don't kill that slow to make people wait that long lol.

Try campaigning with 5825382 NPCs & PCs , & tell me u like the shitty AN/EXP u get from that ?

I rather do 1 campaign for an hour , get my medal maintaned/evaluated & get done with it , than hopping from zone to zone for short ones , in the end campaign is not my thing , I just do it once every month or so.

I agree with this guy, I don't see why people get so butthurt over hidden monsters. You can get your evaluation at anytime you want if you actually enjoy getting 300 exp per campaign battle. Keep in mind that it takes 20-100 Allied Notes to get to and from the battle, so why have the battle short?

As for WoE, I think it will be more organized. I'm hoping it will be catered to LS event-like crowd. Like, you can go in solo, but chances are you'll get rocked, but if your LS signs up for a "Union type thing" the more things you kill, the more drops fall for your group. This would mean that the LS organizes what jobs to bring, instead of everyone just showing up as whatever.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2010-06-15 16:38:12  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

think that's a woosh?
Ragnarok.Holyman said:

keeping the CB going is not a good thing when there are no mobs left. Especially when it is a crowded zone. So no it is not about keeping the CB going ever. Max out your tag and move on. Saves everyone their time of just standing around as they try to find whoever is holding the mob

and yes i do consider anyone hitting a mob as feeding tp, as you should know when tanking with 4++ people the mob will spam tp (or maybe you don't as you hide your moob?) My point was that if tp fed is a problem to you how is it not the same problem to someone who has hate while you are hitting the mob? Yet you say you do not like to cure people with hate because everyone needs to be a rdm or pld? i mean self sufficient?

In any case if you wish to just maintain medal do some OP's you can maintain with just one week's worth of tags i believe(i dun use my tags so im outdated on these)? and if doing CB you are going above and beyond to keep that medal as it should not take more then an hr by simply assisting others (my sch can attest to that)
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 16:42:29  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
think that's a woosh?
nah, would have been hilarious if it was actually true. Trying the troll image on me was the stupid part, saw that one a mile away.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-15 16:58:57  
Reading over some of these, it's a wonder anyone ever wins in a campaign battle.. It's fine to be self sufficient and all and you shouldn't demand/expect help from someone else, but a lot of these posts are reading as 'do it my way' and when they don't you throw a *** fit and decide to just *** people over. It's really a childish mentality, I help out however I can, regardless of the situation..

If I'm on DNC I look for people who caught aggro and can't handle or sustain themselves, If I see a mage trying to get a longer spell off, I stun, if I see someone just took a really bad hit and is in imminent danger, I try to provoke it off them (rarely works). If I'm on RDM, I heal, buff, and debuff, I sleep, nuke, do whatever it takes to try and keep people from dying.. Even when weakened and in danger of dying again, I heal to full MP and start healing people again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 17:08:37  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Reading over some of these, it's a wonder anyone ever wins in a campaign battle.. It's fine to be self sufficient and all and you shouldn't demand/expect help from someone else, but a lot of these posts are reading as 'do it my way' and when they don't you throw a *** fit and decide to just *** people over. It's really a childish mentality, I help out however I can, regardless of the situation.. If I'm on DNC I look for people who caught aggro and can't handle or sustain themselves, If I see a mage trying to get a longer spell off, I stun, if I see someone just took a really bad hit and is in imminent danger, I try to provoke it off them (rarely works). If I'm on RDM, I heal, buff, and debuff, I sleep, nuke, do whatever it takes to try and keep people from dying.. Even when weakened and in danger of dying again, I heal to full MP and start healing people again.
People like you, make my day in a campaign battle.

Honest to god, I do PLD/WAR and for the most part I can hold my own on most of the Quads and Yags, but Orcs, man that counter can screw me over real fast. I'll always take help on those.

Normally I get a little touchy if a person joins me when I can look at their gear and see they could solo one just fine and there are mobs on the fort and they don't do anything to help, just melee. Even worse is when they afk melee.

Now if it's someone that is like 70 or less I don't mind, and if it's a DD heavy job like SAM where I except hate may be taken I'll do my best to hold hate and look after them.