The Walk Of Echoes Beckons!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
The Walk of Echoes Beckons!
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 09:08:27  
Valefor.Eldrich said:
I'm usually more worried about staying alive. If I'm not in a fight, I'll help. If you're tanking the monster I'm fighting, I'll keep you alive. Otherwise, you're on your own.
I would be absolutely chuffed if all mages thought this way.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-15 09:10:19  
Sylph.Vestal said:
Mother *** sub dancer *** *** *** *** dammit motherfuck

Just my feelings.

This.

Don't go to a campaign battle expecting to be cured just because you like seeing your big WS numbers on the monster. There's a reason why people bring non-traditional subjobs to this type of activity. BLU/SCH, PLD/DNC, SAM/DNC, etc. It's not an event where people are balanced to cater to your needs. See a WHM not curing you? Maybe he's low on MP, or is too concerned about the flurry of AoE spells/abilities to cure you instead of saving MP to keep himself alive. Here's a thought, why don't YOU go as a mage and cure everyone around you if you're so upset about it?

Honestly, the best healers in campaign that I've seen are SMNs, Leviathan can do some impressive AoE cures without the shitloads of hate that you'd get as a SCH.

Bottom-line, it's a hate game. Watch your hate if you don't want your face to get rocked. You're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if you come DD/DD. 1. You will get hate faster than most other jobs. 2. No healing once you do eventually get hate.

As RDM, if I see a person tanking, and isn't bitching about cures, then I'll generally cure as long as I have the MP to. If some random-*** DD/DD is whining about not getting cured, then I'll usually put the cursor on him and watch his HP bar drop to nil. It's always good for a nice chuckle. Plus, I get some good points for raising him once the mob is dead.
[+]
 Sylph.Vestal
サーバ: Sylph
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-06-15 09:12:55  
Actually, upon reading the description again, it says nothing about this being a random event like a campaign battle. So it could be just like dynamis. :) :) :)
Either way, i still hate anybody who subs dancer.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-15 09:13:55  
Most of the people who whine about not having a cure thrown at them, have never been a mage in campaign.
[+]
 Sylph.Vestal
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-06-15 09:18:58  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Most of the people who whine about not having a cure thrown at them, have never been a mage in campaign.
Agreed, and I'm not complaining abouT not being cured. I love going whm/sch to battles but find it's only usefull in battles with npcs or when you tell some people to not sub dancer so there is a reason to cure.
And I don't care about my "big weaponskill damage" on lvl 60 ish mobs with special +25 str neck peices and ***lol.
It's funny how many "I just solo tanked" stories I hear from pld/dnc though.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-15 09:20:42  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I don't expect the mages to cure me, I would appreciate it if they raised me when i've been lying dead next to them for 10 minutes though. When I do get raised I always say thank you and /bow.

I would say a good 80% of people in campaign battles on Gilgamesh sub DNC, the other 20% are main DNC and mixed mage types.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-15 09:23:32  
I raise people in campaign, but curing other people who don't sub dnc is last on my priority list.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-15 09:28:42  
Sylph.Vestal said:
Actually, upon reading the description again, it says nothing about this being a random event like a campaign battle. So it could be just like dynamis. :) :) :)
It's pretty clear about not being able to claim a zone a la the hourglass system, so some sort of Campaign/Besieged system (both of which are referenced in the OP, no other events are) seems like the most likely possibility.
[+]
 Sylph.Vestal
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-06-15 09:32:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Vestal said:
It's pretty clear about not being able to claim a zone a la the hourglass system, so some sort of Campaign/Besieged system (both of which are referenced in the OP, no other events are) seems like the most likely possibility.
Salvage type instance possibly? Just saying possibly what they are saying is nobody will be blocked from doing it as they please. And the numbers of max participants made me feel it was like a dynamis type thing. Idk just hoping I suppose.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-15 09:37:13  
When's the last time you did Salvage with Whitegate Joe who TPs in STR rings and does his own thing? I'm seeing the SAM who never remembers to turn off Autotarget in Dyna, except that's half the people in the zone.

I really hope it's a good pickup system where you can still coordinate and execute some level of strategy without undesirable interference, but that's not the vibe I'm getting from the update notes.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 10:13:14  
I gotta agree with Nightfyre. Sounds to me like a free-for-all dynamis. Anyone can enter and join in, once all the mobs are dead, a treasure chest or two appears, you're booted from zone and it starts again. Well, besieged with treasure chests at the end.

Come to think of it, any chance Walk of Echoes is somehow related to Lillith's reality? Where the crystal war never ended? Even though it's supposed to be inside Atomos which would mean it's not really in any particular time/space, that would kind of make sense in a way.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-15 10:24:36  
All these theories of Campaign Pt2 are valid . I suspect(hope?) there will soem sort of Pre Req that dioesnt allow random ppl to enter you Battlefield . Possibly this maybe where Linkshells become more useful than just a communication tool. While this isnt excatly like Tier'd NMs of Sea/Sky/ZNM , they do state a progression , so obviously there will be Key items gained from the Wins . And again if this does progress like Sea/Sky/ZNM the top tiers will offer some good stuffs . The page des say 'Not just Crafting Items ' . I'm excited . And i am not so sure that finishing WoTG will open anything more than quests , since this is the case with ToAU (you gain Salvage Access @ Mission 17 of 44 , but need to have finished it for Alex/Odin ) .
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-06-15 10:27:45  
If multiple groups can go in there at once then I hope we get duplicated drops. Cause it would suck to be one of those people who have done 2342343 rounds of walk of echoes and always loses their drop to a newb who just walked in.

as for being raised/cured in campaign. I dont cure people who ask for cures. Its annoying. Even when my dnc was lvl 60 Id go /whm so I could cast rr on myself and cures on myself/others if I die so that I can still get exp. Come self sufficient like the rest of us thx.

Although I do raise people, I put raising the dead pretty high up on my priority list because you do lose rr accidentally all the time (i.e. you get up, get hit by aoe and die)although if you want to be raised faster, be a job/sub a job that gets the raise spell. I dont know a mage who doesnt raise another mage first unless they're in a party. Another raiser alive means everybody gets raised faster.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-06-15 10:29:40  
I was hoping Walk of Echoes would be more than this. They're making it out to be just like Campaign. Very underwhelming. I was thinking about reactivating my account to check out this area along with the other add-on however now I don't expect I will. Maybe when they open the other areas they'll add something fresh that will make me want to step foot once again in Vana'diel. /sigh
[+]
By Drfeelgood 2010-06-15 10:31:23  
sounds just like campaign. I quit campain a long time ago because it was so overcrowded the mobs died so fast the time spent waiting for them to get there was not worth the reward. Also as for not getting cured or raised... It seems on quetz most mages will not raise after a battle is done to cut down on lotting comp. (if ur dead u cant lot) So if this is campaign v2 then FU SE.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-15 10:39:25  
Didn't really say anything about anyone being able to enter. For all we know its like Dynamis were you can enter at anytime you want, but its not going to be claimed like Dynamis so you wont be stuck outside till another group is done.

So much QQing over something we dont have all the details on.

It sounds cool to me, and ill wait till the update and actually do the damn thing before I go on a emo nerd rage quit rant.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 10:43:12  
I just hope Pt1 and Pt2 of Walk of Echoes are entirely different. Maybe I'm wrong (and I hope I am), but I don't like the look of this Campaign V2... But hey, it's still all speculation at this point, it will be an entirely new system we haven't seen, so it's just wait and see if it's similar to something else or not.

Back to the campaign support, I think you should support the person tanking the mob you're fighting if you're able to do so. End of story. When I campaign, it's generally as blu/nin, in which case I can solo most regular mobs without an issue, and even some NM's. But the more people beating on it feeding it tp, the harder it is. Also, once I have hate (which I can often get without even casting a single spell, wth) I generally keep it just from doing what I need to do to keep shadows up. So if I'm the reason you're able to do *** all but stand there and melee, then a little help if I start to struggle shouldn't be out of the question.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-15 10:47:52  
Why QQ about this it seems fun I love campaign battle personally. This sounds like Einherjar/Campaign Battle but instead of xp you get drops and craft items. I'm sure as you progress to other battle fields it might drop good stuff like gear ect...the new EG we get will be abyssea which will drop the new af and stuff.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 10:51:54  
Just because you like campaign battle, doesn't mean everyone else has to be excited about campaign V2. I'm reserving my judgement until it's released and I've actually tried it of course, but it's obviously not the new sea/sky I (and I think a lot of others) was really hoping for. But who knows, maybe it will actually be fun with decent/achievable rewards, and WoE Pt2 WILL be our new sea/sky. That'd be win/win, with perhaps another win in there.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-15 10:56:40  
On Walk of Echos:
Oh boy. Campaign Mk 2. Except with a level floor on it, and a ceiling on number of participants. Yeah, this is just a "new Einherjar" where any random douche can come in and start MPKing people so that they can lot rewards against corpses. Hurray. I'd prefer a direct copy of Einherjar to this *** >.>

On the Campaign derail:
*** campaign. I got sick and tired of it when my gimp-*** DRG/WHM would walk up to a mob with three people on it for the last five minutes, I'd drop a three-hit Penta and I'd still rip hate and end up tanking the rest of the fight. Keep in mind that High Jump meant I was losing 33% of my hate every 90 seconds. And I'd still be tanking the damn mob. And then there's the idiots that pull mobs into the people who are resting. And then there's the RDMs and WHMs that can't be bothered to toss Raises once in a while. And then there's the greedy idiots that pull mobs off to solo them half a zone away.

I don't campaign anymore. I can't get an Allied Ring. I don't care, either. *** campaign. I'll solo in Sky/Sea for exp before I go back to Campaign.

Walk of Echos sounds like more of the same.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-06-15 10:56:41  
Walk of Echos....sounds like a PQ from Warhammer Online
http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Public_quest
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-15 11:02:18  
Odin.Blazza said:
Just because you like campaign battle, doesn't mean everyone else has to be excited about campaign V2. I'm reserving my judgement until it's released and I've actually tried it of course, but it's obviously not the new sea/sky I (and I think a lot of others) was really hoping for. But who knows, maybe it will actually be fun with decent/achievable rewards, and WoE Pt2 WILL be our new sea/sky. That'd be win/win, with perhaps another win in there.

Who said there would be new sea/sky coming from WOTG...Just because the other expantions have a EG...WOTG has Campaign and now WOE which seems to share a similar battle system...these might be WOTG version of EG...Mind you we are getting abyssea which is like a EG so why would they give us 2 new EG at the same time I don't think WOE is the new EG or EG that we are used to like sea/sky...just 2 cents.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-15 11:06:55  
Do you know what the word "hope" means? No-one said there will be a new sea/sky area, but I know a lot of people were, and here's that word again, hoping for it. Also, you don't know anything about abyssea either, so you can't say it's a new EG area. Just because it has high level mobs doesn't make it an EG area.
[+]
 Asura.Rule
サーバ: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-15 11:16:21  
Odin.Blazza said:
Do you know what the word "hope" means? No-one said there will be a new sea/sky area, but I know a lot of people were, and here's that word again, hoping for it. Also, you don't know anything about abyssea either, so you can't say it's a new EG area. Just because it has high level mobs doesn't make it an EG area.

yeah, i'm a little premature for starting an abyssea shell but i'm pretty sure they stated AF3, so i'm not too worried about it, might branch out to walk of echos too but who knows! I'm just in it for the adventure
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-15 11:18:45  
Odin.Blazza said:

We won't know for another week but we know our new af will come from the abyssea add on it just seems that there will be a abyssea EG

this is a quote from SE http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/1002/topics_all.html

"In Abyssea, concerns such as the over-population of battle areas and the need for large time investments will be a thing of the past. The development team is hard at work creating a world where parties can engage in rewarding battles with powerful foes and collect prized equipment with the least of fuss."

It sounds EGish to me idk ...just sayin 8D
[+]
 Unicorn.Lefiont
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Lefiont
By Unicorn.Lefiont 2010-06-15 11:28:29  
This may be off topic... but does anyone know or can tell what job that was using the Diamond shaped ability in the image they provided? It looked like they were wearing the white frock from synergy.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-15 11:31:56  
Was it green? Somewhat reacalling it, I saw in the dats some ability people are thinking is for PLD listed as BLM so...
 Leviathan.Solanis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-06-15 11:35:47  
Odin.Blazza said:
Valefor.Eldrich said:
I'm usually more worried about staying alive. If I'm not in a fight, I'll help. If you're tanking the monster I'm fighting, I'll keep you alive. Otherwise, you're on your own.
I would be absolutely chuffed if all mages thought this way.

Wait, if I'm WHM in campaign, I'm supposed to stop whatever I'm doing and tab around looking for people to heal? You really think that?