2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer in Merit Parties
Dancer in Merit Parties
By cantseeyou 2010-05-21 00:18:54  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
cantseeyou said:
I would never invite a DNC to a merit pt,my merit pt setups are always 4 melee dd,1 brd,1 healer
and you would never merit 40k/hr either

i rather get 30K a hour not looking for another brd or cor than to seek 2 hours looking for one
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-21 00:20:38  
I don't know where you live, but it's typically not that hard to find a second BRD/COR, worst case scenario you /shout in Whitegate and find someone.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-21 00:20:58  
cantseeyou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
cantseeyou said:
I would never invite a DNC to a merit pt,my merit pt setups are always 4 melee dd,1 brd,1 healer

i rather get 30K a hour not looking for another brd or cor than to seek 2 hours looking for one
Build pts better and suck less. Doesn't take me 2hrs to get a cor (lol2ndbrd btw)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-21 00:24:05  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
cantseeyou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
cantseeyou said:

Build pts better and suck less. Doesn't take me 2hrs to get a cor (lol2ndbrd btw)
I'll have you know a COR BRD is better than a BRD x2 whenever I make my pts.
lol the way you said that sounds like you were making a point against me rather than agreeing with me, so I'm confused. But, to reiterate my point, I was saying brd + cor > brd brd

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-21 00:43:41  
I want to get 40k/hr, invite me next time!
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-05-21 05:58:58  
Sylph.Kimble said:
I want to get 40k/hr, invite me next time!

me too, on rdm or cor :P
 Cerberus.Supertarutarah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tarah
By Cerberus.Supertarutarah 2010-05-25 19:57:04  
ya well cerby isnt real dnc friendly atm.. but im working on it.
 Asura.Yurisaki
サーバ: Asura
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 15:37:13  
Cerberus.Supertarutarah said:

Asura's the same... so so so many gimp DNC ..!

i main DNC and have to strugle to prove my worth as no oe gives you the chance..

(i blame the DNC using eva gear and chr rings WTH!)

..sorry just want to rant at the gimps making my job look bad!

Dancers Do It Best!

Duncers ->
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-05-26 15:43:23  
3 DDs
1 Dnc
1 Brd or Cor
1 Whm or Rdm

Me want always.
 Asura.Yurisaki
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 16:24:12  
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Asura.Yurisaki said:
Cerberus.Supertarutarah said:

Asura's the same... so so so many gimp DNC ..!

i main DNC and have to strugle to prove my worth as no oe gives you the chance..

(i blame the DNC using eva gear and chr rings WTH!)

..sorry just want to rant at the gimps making my job look bad!

Dancers Do It Best!

Duncers ->

Yurisaki gets top marks as a DNC. One of the most impressive I've met. Rare breed to be honest.

/blush..

it's not hard if you understand the job imo.. <3 Jet
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-06-14 20:51:28  
I hear ya on server being unfriendly to dancer. Ive only had 2 chances to be in merit party, one of them i was just getting 75 and didnt have much in the way of gear and merits. The next time it was still. Next time i was main heal and would have been fine except that the brd (who was /whm and refusing to pull) kept tossing cure 2/3s which is great at all untill they came at me for not useing waltz 1/2 whenever some one took a hit (which really to get top efficency out of dnc healing you have to use waltz 3, others dont heal enough to be worth that 1 second delay till next attack round and 4's recast is too long)

Basicly what should have been an epic party ended up sitting at only 8-10k an hour because they didnt want to accept that they were gunna hit yellow for full cure efficency and wouldnt let me chain pull for them.

I can understand that people have reservations about trying new things but really if people didnt try them where would be be, lets see...
-PLD would still be subing /war only for everything instead of /nin for shadows
-I dont remember seeming many double BRD partys back in they day but i didnt get a 75 till a little after ToAU so might be mistaken
-Concept of TP burns wasnt around till relitivly recently for alot of things
-Wed still be makeing partys whith a blm all the time and SC/MBing (its fun and all but cant deny that a TP burn is better exp then if you set that up in a merit party)
-I think before i started playing people would include DC mobs in exp partys for tp building
The list could go on

My 2 cents is that dnc is kinda looked down upon becuause multiples of them dont compound and its over looked the effect they can have in a large group given that there steps (which can be looked at in the same way as a buff) effect everyone hitting the mob.

Sorry for the wall of text and my build is built more around the healing aspect atm (reverse flourish instead of building merits) so thats the aim i had for this, that and seen alot of the DD aspect here but think ive only seen 1 comment of ousting the rdm and going x3 DD x2brd or brd/cor and dnc
By Jimie 2010-06-14 21:10:37  
DNC/NIN (5/5 haste samba using TP to ws)
COR/WAR
DD/SAM
DD/SAM
RDM/WHM
BRD/NIN

As long as your DDs are very well geared this set-up is some of the fastest xp you can get.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 22:04:44  
Asura.Ina said:
(reverse flourish instead of building merits)
I like you already.
Quote:
so thats the aim i had for this, that and seen alot of the DD aspect here but think ive only seen 1 comment of ousting the rdm and going x3 DD x2brd or brd/cor and dnc
Ousting the RDM isn't such a hot idea, seeing as Haste and Haste Samba stack; so do Dia and Box Step for that matter. It works, but I'd rather have both.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-06-15 19:44:34  
Yeh deffinetly some downsides to outing a rdm...
Im not really good at the whole FFXI math thing (im good at math just dont relly want to sit down and figure it all out) so gunna speak in general terms. Let me know if ive gone horribly wrong in this line of thinking.
So haste from the rdm = 15%, Dia 2 = 10% if memory serves so lets say this works out to a 25% increace in damage out put. In that case assuming the Cor is keeping up on damage (which on my server sadly do not get alot of that) it will work well. If the Cor or dnc fall behind in damage though (lets face it good dnc gear can be a bit of a bish if you dont have time to dedicate to an endgame shell) wont the extra DD work out to more damage in the end dispite each one being a bit weaker?
Looking purely at damage here rather then utsu recasts if DDs are /nin and assuming people can stay alive (deffinetly not a good idea on mamools because 1 stray -ga from the blm/s and your tp screwed). Anyways just looking for some thoughts
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-15 19:59:28  
Haste gets better the more you have, so it's far more than a 15% increase to DPS there. If you have DDs with 20% haste from gear, merited Haste Samba, and 2x Marches, Haste is a 43% increase in damage. Add Hasso and it's 60%.

DDs shouldn't be /NIN in a heavily buffed party. Hasso and (for non-SAMs) a 6-hit are huge boosts, and Meditate is nice too. With a RDM BRD COR DNC DD DD setup you have plenty of healing for fulltime Hasso if you're at bird camp.