Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-20 01:10:50  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Quote:
Good WHM/SCH shouldn't need any assistance whatsoever. I sub DNC on COR occasionally, but really only in case the WHM somehow gets slept, which I've seen rarely, so most of the time it just goes to waste.

Shouldn't a WHM/SCH be able to wake themselves up since sublimation will more then likely be up? Not that I really have a problem with COR/DNC or anything.

Yeah, you're right. I usually party with a RDM, that's why I mentioned it really. But even then, I end up barely using it and forgetting about it.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 01:11:19  
i always use dnc in my meritpo's lol

setup :

DD,DD,rdm(or whm), brd,cor,dnc

i avrg around 35k/hr @ birds with this setup. (kill wyvers to keep chain)
this setup allows the brd for faster pulls since they dont have to spam ballads on your healer just to maintain mp. as well as the aformentioned haste samba (fully merited or gtfo :] )

note: DDs must not suck, generally use pole sam or drgs.
songs: Marchx2 Chaos, Corsairs roll.

also, i lol'd at the math with a sam 6hit pole build :D

and yea i'd rock a leviathans couse anyday.

Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 01:17:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:

5 Hit Pole SAM loses 1 Haste over 6 hit :|

swap out usu shoes,tor ring, btath and polegrip
replace with fuma,ecphoria, white tath and rose strap

= perfect 5hit max haste

not saying i would use it, or if its better, since your 5hit lets you cap acc w/ gear and u can use meats.

dont feel like doing math to see if 1% haste > 10% acc loss 50+ atk loss

but i can tell you haste samba isnt going to be up 100% in fact alot of the times samba wasnt up till bird was halfway dead lol.

i'd stick with what u got ;)

edit- sorry for double post.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-05-20 01:21:25  
Have done 40k/hr twice (that I've noticed), and as Ghal said your DD cannot suck.

First instance was bottom birds camp SAM MNK DNC BRD COR RDM. SAM had usu body/feet, polearm, merits other shiny gear etc etc. MNK was full USU BB, using counterstance etc etc. Pulled from the top camp, and also pulled Wivre. Other setup was... I think... WAR SAM DNC BRD COR RDM, may have had another DD and an outside haster, wish I remembered. You don't need a PL to have a 40k/hr party though. Pulled bottom birds and Wivre.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-20 01:21:51  
Pretty sure that set isn't capping accuracy...

Nope, 369 accuracy on a Hume SAM/WAR with polearm merits. Your setup doesn't cap accuracy with crab sushi on birds, much less anywhere else with pizza, so the above is superior.

EDIT: Like the new avatar~
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-20 01:27:20  
Hmm, not sure what to say in response to the math. Perhaps conserve MP and WHM's strong cures is what really makes the difference. The RNG party was definitely playing reckless--it's not like we were with full HP, but we kept going regardless of our state and lived. I'm sure a good bit of those mobs were also getting no hits in with all the Sidewinders, Slugs and Barrages (before even making it to "camp."

With the same WHM from that party, I've had numerous "normal" merit parties with (DD/SAMx3 etc) and she was ALWAYS complaining and annoying us about having too much MP and would scold us if we ever put Seigan up ;x But I don't know, maybe I'm remembering all of this wrong...
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-20 01:33:39  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Have done 40k/hr twice (that I've noticed), and as Ghal said your DD cannot suck.

First instance was bottom birds camp SAM MNK DNC BRD COR RDM. SAM had usu body/feet, polearm, merits other shiny gear etc etc. MNK was full USU BB, using counterstance etc etc. Pulled from the top camp, and also pulled Wivre. Other setup was... I think... WAR SAM DNC BRD COR RDM, may have had another DD and an outside haster, wish I remembered. You don't need a PL to have a 40k/hr party though. Pulled bottom birds and Wivre.

Yeah, our melee were usually WARs or DRKs because none of us had SAM or DRG at the time, probably makes a bit of a difference (and no DNC, no one has let me go DNC to merit in two years).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 01:37:30  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Nope, 369 accuracy on a Hume SAM/WAR with polearm merits. Your setup doesn't cap accuracy with crab sushi on birds, much less anywhere else with pizza, so the above is superior.

lol wut.

edit- hate u, making me longin stupidFFXI for first time in almost 2weeks :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-20 01:42:08  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

lol wut.

edit- hate u, making me longin stupidFFXI for first time in almost 2weeks :(
Sorry, that last bit was directed at Ninian lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 01:46:35  
oic :D, still hate u, now LS wants me to go scan sw, camp aspid, and pull a pineapple out of my ***. :(
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-20 02:05:19  
so like, yea you cant cap acc with both of those sets lol :P.

just did math x[

you can get close by sacrificing turban for aces and tork for ancient tork, and couse for tomoe. but you still come up short.

and thats with 8/8 merits

with crab sushi tho, and max haste build you will cap your acc.

417 ACC with Sushi on the 2nd build w/ max haste

434 ACC with sushi on 1st build w/ -1 haste

sushi really isnt a bad food, you just need to adjust your ws build since you will be capped acc (like replace acc+ with attk+, dex+ with str+ etc)
 Cerberus.Supertarutarah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tarah
By Cerberus.Supertarutarah 2010-05-20 03:23:22  
im just excited someone else is thinks dnc good in merit... i <3 <3 <3 my dnc.. i cant say im a well geared dnc but i think my setup is ok. Still havent gotten the whole gear swapping thing down.. partially due to my lack of inventory space, but that dont really matter. But i do have haste samabe at 8% and step acc at 1 no foot rise and revers flourish maxed closed position 1 evasion merits parrying meritis crit hit rate 2 heartsnatcher broke and azoth for my daggers. I like to play as dnc/sam but i get razzed for it alot. Im a tp ***. 135 tp in 3 secs i wait 20 and i solo ws for transfixion. so if this is good enough for merit on cerby plz look me up. I never get to play!!!!
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-20 21:57:44  
My merits for DNC are:
Haste Samba 5/5
Building Flourish 5/5
Saber Dance 5/5
Fan Dance 1/5
No Foot Rise 4/5

But I never heal as a DNC. If I did, then I'd replace Building Flourish merits with Reverse Flourish to regain 75 TP per 5 finishing moves instead of 60. Though, it's inefficient to use building flourish with 5 finishing moves usually. You get the most TP per move back if you use it with 4. Since I DD, however, I can't use both Reverse Flourish AND Building Flourish. Usually in the 10 seconds recast after using Building Flourish, I'm back at 80-100 TP, rendering the use of Reverse Flourish useless unless I have to recast haste samba, and want to do that before I WS.

However, if you use Reverse Flourish at any point, you won't be able to use building flourish on your next weapon skill no matter what... Considering it takes a max of 20 seconds to get to 100 TP, even if you used steps and a samba in that time (Reverse Flourish is 30 seconds to recast, you can't use any level 2 flourishes til its cooled down).

Saber Dance was obviously added to give DNC the potential to DD in groups. Why else would they get such a huge boost to double attack that stacks with weapon skills? Especially considering the fact that it disables waltzes (Cures) but still allows sambas (haste). Besides, I'd honestly have a party that makes 25-30k per hour while I'm having fun on DNC (Read: While DD'ing), than a party that makes 35k while having to heal because the rdm or whm sucks.

Oh, and BTW... saying a WHM or RDM can't heal a party that's not using defensive JA's is nowhere near accurate. I was in a pt as WAR/SAM (Me), SAM/WAR, DRG/SAM, DRG/SAM, WHM/SCH, BRD/NIN once, and we were burning through birds, pulling both camps and the occasional Wivre. The WHM actually never dropped below 75% MP, once. We were all full-timing hasso at that. I'm trying to remember what that taru's name was... He's just a Pup and a Whm.

Edit: Oh yea, I remembered his name now... And why i only partied with his WHM once. I think he may have sold his account, because his PUP and WHM that used to rock turned into a player that never got pt's because he swore WHM/NIN was a gift to the front line. Would only party if he got to melee with his rather weak clubs (Didnt have good ones).
 Asura.Kowen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-20 22:10:23  
I offered to come as Dancer to someone shouting for a 3rd DD for a meripo, and got the response "ew no".

Unfortunately being useful in merit parties doesn't really matter if nobody actually knows that it's useful...
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-20 22:16:44  
I've looked for pt on war before, then pulled the ole' cloak and dagger /anon job change to dnc. They always complain when you get there, but in the end they don't usually care, as they see how well the party is going lol.

I only did that maybe 2 or 3 times, but it was worth it.
 Asura.Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-20 22:25:53  
Really?

You must've been really lucky then lol, I can't imagine pulling that off without just being kicked from the party. I'm too nice to do that anyway. >.>
 Leviathan.Duvessa
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-20 22:33:03  
Nice guys never win!

Apparently bad girls do, though. Because I didn't get kicked from any of the PT's i did that in. Once, they did ask me to go change back to WAR after about 30 minutes of PT'ing though. So i did, and we pt'ed for another hour or two. At the end of it, they said the whole party performed better when I was DNC than WAR, and I commented about how the haste samba and debuffs greatly increase the existing DD's potential.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-20 22:41:03  
As already said, DD DD DNC COR BRD MAGE (I prefer whm actually for esuna, but rdm works, too)
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-20 22:41:41  
SMN! Hastega + levaithans erasega OMG
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-05-20 22:41:49  
i had an awesome Dancer in a Bird Party yesterday. the only Problem was: the rdm complained a bit about almost just hasting everyone and not even some healing, since the DNC did almost everything. pretty impressive, and i will invite Dancers later on in higher parties. I can see Dancers as real benefit for example a thf. Somewhat you don't really need a THF in Merit Parties. DNC can easily fullfill this role.

"nothingbeats dmg to a bird than birdbanes. they die an instant death"
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-20 22:44:47  
What? Birdbanes suck (at 75)
 Lakshmi.Tidusxcresxcent
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Tidusxcresxcent 2010-05-20 22:45:24  
Duvessa - Is Building Flourish 5/5 really worth it over Reverse Flourish 5/5 for Damage? I thought RF would be better since you can WS more and also make it easier to solo Darkness SC with Pyrrhic Kleos.
 Asura.Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-05-20 22:45:37  
Leviathan.Duvessa said:
Nice guys never win!

Apparently bad girls do, though. Because I didn't get kicked from any of the PT's i did that in. Once, they did ask me to go change back to WAR after about 30 minutes of PT'ing though. So i did, and we pt'ed for another hour or two. At the end of it, they said the whole party performed better when I was DNC than WAR, and I commented about how the haste samba and debuffs greatly increase the existing DD's potential.

I tried to explain it nicely to the guy, but he just flat out ignored me, lol. I don't have high expectations for other players' open-mindedness. Most people don't want to try anything new.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-20 22:53:45  
Reverse flourish 5/5 is a ton better.
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-05-20 23:19:58  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
What? Birdbanes suck (at 75)

besides the fact i am not 75 yet should tell you why i use them at the moment.

and dnc still takes every possible space in a merit party later that would belong to a thf.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-21 00:08:30  
What? THF is nothing like DNC at all
By cantseeyou 2010-05-21 00:13:21  
I would never invite a DNC to a merit pt,my merit pt setups are always 4 melee dd,1 brd,1 healer
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-21 00:16:15  
cantseeyou said:
I would never invite a DNC to a merit pt,my merit pt setups are always 4 melee dd,1 brd,1 healer
and you would never merit 40k/hr either