By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-02 19:45:33  
Thank you so very much!
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-02 19:53:44  
Seraph.Rafik said:
do not ever use alk brc on drg for pentra or the nyzul ws one

why not? adding str by the same amount of dex is about 2.5 times more potent. If you don't have heca why not do it? Certainly he will loose the acc provided from dex, but it's hardly an issue as he could fix it on other slots or with buffs/food.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-02 19:57:51  
Remora.Laphine said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
do not ever use alk brc on drg for pentra or the nyzul ws one

why not? adding str by the same amount of dex is about 2.5 times more potent. If you don't have heca why not do it? Certainly he will loose the acc provided from dex, but it's hardly an issue as he could fix it on other slots or with buffs/food.

pentra

Modifiers
STR20% ; DEX20%

and he/she is most likely not going to have the accu where they can afford the -dex
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-02 19:58:36  
Odds are somebody in a position to even consider alkys (no heca hands) doesn't have the gear to support the acc sacrifice.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-02 20:02:01  
Laphine I will take your drg gear <.<

stop trolling you should know better, you dont even use them
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-02 20:02:26  
As me /
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-02 20:27:08  
Seraph.Rafik said:

sorry if i seemed to be trolling but str is still more effective.

You need 6 dex to increase damage by 1 on penta.

With 6 str you will increase damage by 2.5 give or take a bit (one should remember that there is no decimal added damage though).

At 71 things start to get very squishy. If he could grab his hands on ohat and thrakon he would be very set acc wise considering his current set. By adding alky he will have nothing to loose.

I've used spiked finger gauntlets until i could use alky, and i noticed the increase in damage easily.

The thing with drg ws until 73 is if we don't use heca we have little way to increase the potential damage on our ws. I remember moments back in lesser colibri camping that i envyed some sams cause they had hauby and were able to push penta damage higher than i could. When those colibris were squishy enough i wouldnt get much of an increase on ws damage with zerk, but if i had more str options i certainly would push damage to new grounds.

Surely though, pursuing heca will be the best upgrade you will have Specopsz. For instance, i pretty much don't worry about acc on my ws set. The huge dex bonus (conveniently coupled with an even higher str bonus) let me go beyound capped acc on greater colibris.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-02 20:38:35  
Remora.Laphine said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

sorry if i seemed to be trolling but str is still more effective.

You need 6 dex to increase damage by 1 on penta.

With 6 str you will increase damage by 2.5 give or take a bit (one should remember that there is no decimal added damage though).

At 71 things start to get very squishy. If he could grab his hands on ohat and thrakon he would be very set acc wise considering his current set. By adding alky he will have nothing to loose.

I've used spiked finger gauntlets until i could use alky, and i noticed the increase in damage easily.

The thing with drg ws until 73 is if we don't use heca we have little way to increase the potential damage on our ws. I remember moments back in lesser colibri camping that i envyed some sams cause they had hauby and were able to push penta damage higher than i could. When those colibris were squishy enough i wouldnt get much of an increase on ws damage with zerk, but if i had more str options i certainly would push damage to new grounds.

Surely though, pursuing heca will be the best upgrade you will have Specopsz. For instance, i pretty much don't worry about acc on my ws set. The huge dex bonus (conveniently coupled with an even higher str bonus) let me go beyound capped acc on greater colibris.

I dont think the OP has Ohat yet, looking from what he listed a lot contained barone.

It isnt easy to get Ohat these days, unless you have a bunch of friends that are willing to help.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-02 20:45:57  
I went with a party of 8 and we had no problems at all with Hakutaku.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-02 20:52:48  
you can also use these as an alternative if you have them for pentra Drachen Finger Gauntlets +1 and Wyrm Finger Gauntlets.

Wyrm Finger Gauntlets should be easier to get and can add more str in other slots, assuming you have a dyna ls
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-02 22:04:20  
Thanks for the input everyone, I really do appreciate it.
I think I might swap out for two DEX rings at the moment, and try to solo the NM on SAM/DNC for the level 61 Rare/Ex top tomorrow.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Haduken
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Haduken
By Leviathan.Haduken 2010-07-23 09:08:03  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
Thanks for the input everyone, I really do appreciate it. I think I might swap out for two DEX rings at the moment, and try to solo the NM on SAM/DNC for the level 61 Rare/Ex top tomorrow.

Blasphemy! solo that bizsnatch Drg onry!