users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mages vs. Brainless DDs
Mages vs. Brainless DDs
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-23 13:17:43  
As annoying as it is, it's good to see people announce when something needs to be taken care of rather than assuming. It's easy to blink your eyes and miss the animation of a TP move with a debuff or if it skims past your chat log etc.

And with a whole bunch of new mobs on the horizon, lord knows what nasty moves we're gonna be hit with soon.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-23 13:18:07  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Oh well, blame your fellow mages that suck for that. They put the habit on the DDs to do it.

Oh I know. I do it when I'm on DD too because I know most mages suck and won't remove it unless I tell them to.
rainlab said:
I don't do it personally, but they're probably just trying to get into your status removal "queue". They're simply taking the safe route and letting you know "just in case" you didn't catch it. If you continue to remove stats in a timely manner, they'll likely stop letting you know.

Yes, that usually happens.

However:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Still annoys me.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 13:19:31  
And if my haste drops for 1 sec, HASTE
By rainlab 2010-04-23 13:23:21  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
And if my haste drops for 1 sec, HASTE
Meh... for the most part, a good mage should be overlapping Haste so it never comes off anyways.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
サーバ: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 13:24:14  
Sylph.Spency said:
He's Canadian, which means he's dumb

QuÉbec OSTIE FTW

Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-23 13:27:45  
The only good thing that came out of Quebec was poutine

Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 13:36:30  
Nah is way more then that :) Celine dion? Festival Juste pour rire, tete a claque, and there so much more... Quebec is hell special, just ppl didnt discover our richest yet. but i think all this is off topic :P
 Ramuh.Ilvex
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-23 13:37:01  
personally if you *** is grabbing to much hate and you are taking to much damage no haste for joo
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 13:38:24  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
personally if you *** is grabbing to much hate and you are taking to much damage no haste for joo
That's an easy way to get kicked/repped. Haste or grfo. If I didn't want haste, I would have invited a sch over you.
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-23 13:39:56  
stop takign so much gd dmg then, learn to use shadows or w/e the *** you have to take less dmg, btw this wasn't for meripo but rather 50-70ish.

EDIT:

and oh boo who you kick my rdm from a meripo, which i only merit on brd or rng now anyways but like it's really that hard for me to find another pt
By rainlab 2010-04-23 13:40:17  
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Nah is way more then that :) Celine dion?
He said, "good thing".
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-23 13:41:39  
You know I prefer it when people say when they are hit with a status ailment because hell i'm not perfect and sometimes I will miss it.

Not so much on birds though because obviously they are only casting whatever the brd casts on them so I just watch for that but it's certainly something I find more helpful than annoying.

As for my earlier complaint, I wasn't arguing that a sam/nin shouldn't take damage but this one in particular I noticed was constantly taking damage, now a normal sam/war i'm sure would have taken less damage than him, probably side-tracked by the "ooh damage OOH big numbers!!!"
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 13:42:14  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
stop takign so much gd dmg then, learn to use shadows or w/e the *** you have to take less dmg, btw this wasn't for meripo but rather 50-70ish.

EDIT:

and oh boo who you kick my rdm from a meripo, which i only merit on brd or rng now anyways but like it's really that hard for me to find another pt
Sure you can find another one, have fun with your mediocre 15-20k/hr
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-23 13:43:41  
rainlab said:
Fenrir.Fdeath said:
Nah is way more then that :) Celine dion?
He said, "good thing".

/hi5

Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-23 13:44:23  
w/e again learn to use the abilities you have to take less damage then and again you didn't *** read what i said when i corrected myself and pointed out that this was 50-70ish when you have a tank and all that crap NOT MERIT PARTY
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-23 13:45:42  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
w/e again learn to use the abilities you have to take less damage then and again you didn't *** read what i said when i corrected myself and pointed out that this was 50-70ish when you have a tank and all that crap NOT MERIT PARTY
Since when do bird parties of any level need tanks? Tiger's doing it right, you're not. Gimme Haste bish.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 13:46:10  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
I can read just fine. Not hasting a DD is stupid, regardless. If your DD sucks, kick him and get one you can haste.

[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-23 13:49:27  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Since when do bird parties of any level need tanks? Tiger's doing it right, you're not. Gimme Haste bish.

got to agree there...best merit parties i've had just raped mobs with 4 DD + cor or brd + rdm or whm, or sch to heal
 Ramuh.Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-04-23 13:50:09  
now that my be true statement, but if I'm not the leader ect. I'll would complain once or twice then say *** it and leave or live with it
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 13:50:47  
lol i could almost agree with you on that one, not like i am a fan of that ***, but she do zillion $$ @ USA ditching his own damn country, but W/e :P Make me think of all our damn doctor studying here and ditch for USA for better $$ lol oh well crude world of capitalist XD but again we off topic lmao.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-23 13:55:47  
@Fenrir.Nightfyre lol tank, is for looser keep being MP sponge. [put job you wan here] most of time is the ppl thinking all about DMG only. Cure/Haste me bich...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-04-23 14:05:45  
Only time I find keeping haste on the DD full time to be a problem in merit parties is if birds are living too long. That is a DD problem.
[+]
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-23 14:07:19  
Sam/War x3 Cor Rdm/Whm and Me(Brd) = {Party} {Long time} {You can have this} ^^
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 14:10:22  
Good set up but would pwn even harder if you dropped a sam for a dnc.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 14:10:45  
Though, I'll admit, a dnc worth a *** is scarce.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-23 14:15:26  
I love DNC's. A good DNC can easily solo heal the party assuming the DD's are killing the mobs fast enough, but with competent DD's and haste samba that shouldn't be a problem.

Quick question though, as brd Marchx2 full time?
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-23 14:18:57  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I love DNC's. A good DNC can easily solo heal the party assuming the DD's are killing the mobs fast enough, but with competent DD's and haste samba that shouldn't be a problem.

/nod
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-23 14:20:59  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Dnc solo heal is a terrible idea. Yes, they can do it. It's still a terrible idea.

And yes, dual march onry
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-23 14:21:35  
I thought so, but when I asked earlier everyone just went silent.

Swear is should Gold capricio & Herb Pastoral until I get an answer sometimes.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-23 14:22:35  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Dnc solo heal is a terrible idea. Yes, they can do it. It's still a terrible idea.

And yes, dual march onry

I dunno, I should point out it's for earlier parties.

We had a sch Stoneskingaing and the dnc could DD and heal with ease.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12