SE Anti-farming Now?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SE anti-farming now?
SE anti-farming now?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 10:41:55  
First mistletoe (remedies) now this "The sale prices for the following items have been changed:
Black Ink / Bugard Skin / H. Q. Bugard Skin / Orc Piercer / Yagudo Freezer / Shellbuster / Leech Saliva / Bird Blood / Beast Blood"... Is it just me or is SE killing farming camp by camp? Fine kill off 1 or 2 camps and I'll farm something else but how far are they going to go with this?
 Unicorn.Sedres
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2008-12-08 10:45:48  
Killing RMT money making schemes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 10:56:18  
You can't really kill RMT like that, as long as there is a demand for their service they will always be around. Yes it will hamper them minimally but they will still occur gil in other methods. If you were to take every way for rmt to make gil then players would not have a way either, only increasing demand and making them strive harder to obtain gil through hacking or however they can.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Judda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2008-12-08 11:00:20  
I used to farm mistletoe 60k stack and now 5k stack? >_> WTF all in like a month ;_;
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 11:15:06  
They changed b.blood prices? (havent been able to play for a bit) If they keep it up only way to make decent gil will be to stick to BCNMs... of which i've yet to get in a good group and win sumthing on...

I hear you with mistletoe, checked prices one day because I was off to farm some and it sais 5k... a stack lmao

If changing prices is an attempt to stop RMT I dont see it affecting them, sure you wont see those dam annoying bots running up and down b.blood beach 18 hours a day anymore (if thats a camp they've ruined with this) but now players cant use it either. It seems pretty pointless.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Darkmoose
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Darkmoose 2008-12-08 11:18:16  
As the OP states, I will simply have to find new ways to make money.

Here's one of the things to think about, though...

People who think they are doing everyone a favor by making blogs about where to farm and what to farm, and how to do it. One of the most important parts of a good farming spot is having it somewhat on the hush. Sure, other people will know about it, and other people will figure it out, but publicly posting how good it is just invites people to overfarm it. Do you think that RMT don't read those posts, too?

There is a big difference with the Bugards and CZB, which is that while the farming there creates gil, it doesn't impact the AH prices directly. The nicest thing about going back to town with a 10 Orc Piercers was that I had 85k gil in my pocket without having to AH it, which means that I could still AH the other loot from the trip.

The best thing about a place to farm like that is that weaker, less-skilled players just simply can't hack it unless they trio or more. That decreases the gil/time, and makes it less worth the time spent.

Duoing on SAM/DNC with a friend on THF/NIN, we could tear through there and pull down 50-100k per hour EACH. I recall one run where we snagged 6 Orc Piercers and a Mage's Ballad II scroll in a span of about 10 minutes. With the adjustments on the beastman weapon drops, I'm sure it will go the way of Mistletoe (down the crapper). I'll take one trip up to check it out, but I'm already sure that it will suck.

At least with Mistletoe, it made it so one of the nicer medicines (Remedy) actually became affordable to use. I guess it's time to start digging into all of the BS and KS that I piled up while slaying Demons.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 11:19:44  
Yeah, perhaps lowering the drop rates instead of npc value? Next up I guess is killing the ladybug quest reward.
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2008-12-08 11:31:40  
The thing about SE is they treat a hangnail by amputating the entire arm. I saw this coming a long time ago and expect the prices to not just be lowered, but lowered to something absurd like 10 gil. And the drop rates were crazy high as well, which is from an update that changed them from being crazy low...There just is no middle ground for SE.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 11:38:19  
Maybe they're hoping the changes to treasure chests, and the addition of that fields of valor is somehow gonna make up for this? Plus a few new systhesis recipies apparently too. Yet im still not convinced it will make things balance. Anyone know how much gil you get from fields of valor out of interest?
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-12-08 11:50:15  
This the forum spam topic while Maint. is going on? :o

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 11:53:56  
Raikan said:
This the forum spam topic while Maint. is going on? :o

Haha not me im just bored at college
 Seraph.Sigmund
サーバ: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Sigmund 2008-12-08 11:59:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I did enjoy the NPC gil from these items. This was a really nice and a fast way to make limbus gil and such. I am all for ways to decrease RMT activitys. On the other hand SE needs to devlope a way for the vetrens to possiably restore the orginal price of NPC'ed items. I know that I'm not gonna stop playing due to this but it will hurt my small change income. So mabey there could be a quest that you can not start until you have a certian amount of playtime. Have the quest apply like fame from the citys and outlands but just be a little more effective.

the worst part of all this RMT directed action is by doing things such as that it makes it hard for real players to make money, making the idea of buying Gil even more appealing. You will never be able to stop gil farmers so why make it worst for the rest of the people. SE is just making it worst for the vast majority.

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Raikan
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2008-12-08 12:12:31  
Edit: Didn't realize it would turn into such a boring wall of text. >.<

So here are some of the things I found interesting in the update.

The respawn time for Treasure Coffers and Treasure Chests has been shortened, and the chances of obtaining artifacts, maps, and key items from them have been increased. Furthermore, after obtaining items or gil from a coffer or chest, players will temporarily become unable to receive items or gil from other coffers or chests.

I'm wondering what the waiting period will be. I rather liked being able to save the Coffer Keys and just hitting all the Coffers at once when I needed the AF for a new job.

Members of a Level Sync party will no longer lose beneficial status effects such as Protect should the synchronization designee level up. Accumulated TP, and the effect of the Charm ability on monsters, will also no longer be lost.

This was mentioned before in pre-release notes, but it's such a great addition. I'll love this when I finish leveling up RDM.

While under the effect of Level Sync or any other form of level restriction, attack delays for crossbows can no longer be faster than 216.

XD! Goodbye overpowered RNG's using the Repeating/Machine Crossbow in lower level synced groups.

The Reraise effect granted by certain spells and items will no longer be removed by magic and abilities such as Dispel and Voidsong.

Wow, this will be really amazing! I wonder if this will include the ability used by the SoulFlayers (Mind Purge I think).

While the query selection boxes associated with the white magic spell Raise and the black magic spell Tractor are being displayed, the same spells will no longer be able to be cast on that player.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!
No more WHM's wasting valuable MP on people who've already received a Raise!

Macros to target party members (<stpt>), and alliance members (<stal>), have been added.
With these macros, it is possible to target any party or alliance member, including those not currently on screen. When used, a target icon will appear in the window displaying that party member's status. The icon will not appear when the macro is used to target characters on screen.

I can understand the usefulness of macro's to check alliance members. But don't they know they already had macro's available to get to party members?

<p1> through <p5>
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-12-08 12:13:15  
How about skilling up a craft instead of relying on farming? Especially farming with the intent of selling to NPC. Provide something to the community instead of sending your work selfishly into the ether.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 12:15:56  
Eveningstar said:
the worst part of all this RMT directed action is by doing things such as that it makes it hard for real players to make money, making the idea of buying Gil even more appealing. You will never be able to stop gil farmers so why make it worst for the rest of the people. SE is just making it worst for the vast majority.

I agree, its seems this way. It makes bringing the gap of those with 10M and those with 3-400k closer a little harder.

Maybe putting in quests with nice gil rewards that are both challenging and have level requirements 60+ would work... most RMT these days just fish or (used to) camp b.blood and dont get passed 50.

And for leveling a craft...most friends that have done have been lucky to breakeven on it. Npcing items for gil injects gil into economy which is used to buy crafted items anyhow.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-08 12:17:41  
Disintegration said:
How about skilling up a craft instead of relying on farming? Especially farming with the intent of selling to NPC. Provide something to the community instead of sending your work selfishly into the ether.

Honestly crafting is broken, hq or lose gil. Unless you're capped on crafting skills or able to make a consumable you are only going to adding to supply with no addition to demand. So prices will only make it worse forcing you to again npc for less than original materials could yield. It's a vicious cycle and only getting worse.

Post deleted by User.

well actually when u NPC something ur not really sending ur work into the ether, you're bringing money into the game, money from the game to be circulated amongst players which is as equally important as farming items that crafters need to craft. it helps keep the constant deflation of gil from AH taxes, sales taxes, etc

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 12:29:44  
Bartimaeus said:
Also for anyone who watched the livefeed blog of fanfest, this pertains to this topic a smidgen: SE Capping RMT fishers at 9999 moat carp is win.

Lmao XD
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-08 12:48:09  
Disintegration said:

Because Crafting is broken and it is a great way to lose money?
 Pandemonium.Zatias
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Zatias
By Pandemonium.Zatias 2008-12-08 13:56:40  
SE is trying to kill RMT by lowering these prices, but it makes it harder for normal players to make gil. Then what? They might resort to buying gil? Nice job, SE.

Farming Beast Blood and other NPCable items was one of the only consistent ways to make money, with people undercutting the AH and creating surpluses. I guess players have to adapt, but that also means RMT will too. The problem will never be fixed.

Like stated above, this is just making it hard on the vast majority. You are destroying your own game, SE.

/angryrantover
:P

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-08 14:02:26  
Oh jeez what a let down >< no more b.blood camp.

Now i fear people that used to farm there will move to other camps and end up crowding those camps...it just congests farming camps in the whole dam game imo. would have been better to stick a GM in middle of beech and warp out players that spend too long in the area farming (aka RMT) oh well...
First Page 2 3 4 5