SE Anti-farming Now?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SE anti-farming now?
SE anti-farming now?
 Ifrit.Cright
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2008-12-10 06:18:25  
Celestinia said:
Really there are two points in this:

1. NPCing items for gil brings gil into the economy, which will now be dramatically decreased as people used to be able to make 40k/hour of b.blood.

If NPCing items for gil brings gil into the economy then what about the gil that mobs drop? Does that bring gil into the economy?
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-10 08:51:38  
Has anyone considered that SE has just gotten tired of the number of RMT complaints about said items? Lol

Whatever the reasoning or whether SE was right or wrong, time will tell. There seems to be many implications as to these changes, players will adapt but it’s hard to tell what the effects will be for a while yet.

Cright said:
Celestinia said:
Really there are two points in this: 1. NPCing items for gil brings gil into the economy, which will now be dramatically decreased as people used to be able to make 40k/hour of b.blood.
If NPCing items for gil brings gil into the economy then what about the gil that mobs drop? Does that bring gil into the economy?

A fair point, but my point was that NPCing farmables was one of the bigger sources of gil/hour, I just hope they dont move on to nerfing repeated quests too.
 Cerberus.Faraday
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Faraday 2008-12-13 13:46:39  
It seems to me that the best way to fight RMT is to make it so that making gil is easier for legit players. I also play Guild Wars and there is no way I'd pay real money for gold. If I need gold, I'll go out and kill mobs and get it.

Those of us with a full time job and kids do not want to spend hours a day making money in a video game. I've just spent 8 hours making real money, I'm ready to relax! LOL I play a couple of hours 2-3 days a week. I don't have time to do things that are not fun, and gil making is not fun.

So I could either spend $50 and buy a million or so gil (that'll last me a year), or spend 20 hours and make 200k. Hmmmm....
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2008-12-13 14:02:29  
To all the people who said "SE didn't intent on xxx"

SE didn't intend on a lot of things, but they've happened. Just look at NINs, zerging high level NMs, RDMs before Refresh, merit parties before and after ToAU ect.
 Caitsith.Nozomu
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Nozomu 2008-12-13 14:56:39  
Nothing can really be farmed and vendorerd for decent profit anymore. In my opinion even synthesis has been rigged. The Scorpion Harness synth seems to break alot more frequently now, and I find staves HQing at about 1/6. I could just be unlucky but I doubt thats all. They want to stop RMT, but the bottom line is, its only a matter of time before people realize "Oh, it takes me 2Hours to farm for 100,000G. I can just get a real job, work 2hours and buy a million gil." I'm not an economics major, but I think it would be best of SE started to buy items off the AH. Even if more gil is inserted into the system the prices of stuff will just go up.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2008-12-13 15:14:54  
The good thing is it cuts into the RMT's ability to farm some places which i don't mind.

The bad is it screws up everyone elses ability to make gil in those same areas. Also SE's solutions to RMT are not well thought out at all times.

The ugly is they will flood other known/less known farming areas that people use to make gil.

I'm currently not playing but will back on in a month or 2. I find ways to make gil because I kill a lot of stuff and have some great crafting skills. Crafting is the way to make gil you just gotta have some patience and level it up. Farming for crafting items is great if you have a thf buddy and your a DD. I (thf 75) plan on teaming up with my Drk friend when i get back and make a killing on some items.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-13 15:22:10  
I think SE wants us to just earn our own gear. For instance, i was gonna farm and save up for ziska's and blau. Now I'm very likely to just go and do the NM's myself and get the items for free.

and no, I don't mean solo them. lol
 Cerberus.Toabea
user: Toabea
By Cerberus.Toabea 2008-12-13 15:55:50  
Tavlov said:
I think SE wants us to just earn our own gear. For instance, i was gonna farm and save up for ziska's and blau. Now I'm very likely to just go and do the NM's myself and get the items for free.

and no, I don't mean solo them. lol

Can't buy Morrigans, we have to work for that lol =(
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2008-12-13 18:22:36  
I used to farm blood and what not along with moss and tree cuttings. I did that farming to support my crafting items that i couldnt farm. im a cook, used to make great gil off of meat mithkabobs. used to be i could make 4 stack of chief kabobs with 6 stacks of synthesis materials. now im doing good to see any HQ's so yes crafing is broken. maybe if SE would spend a little more time investigating rmt (for instance spend a little time on ah.com maybe) instead of saying halving the price of npc items will fix the prob. and as far as the one poster said bout makeing items r/ex so we spend more time working for them your wrong. SE made most those items r/ex so rmt would stop camping those nm's. best example of that is speed belt from KA, its r/ex now cause rmt had it on lock down. makeing items like that r/ex only hurts rmt by taking a multi mil gil item from them. killing farming items like this is only gonna make more ppl look at buying gil a little more harder
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2008-12-13 19:04:34  
Disintegration said:
Oh no! I might have to actually learn how to play the game and make money off of more than one thing! THIS SUCKS.

I've got gil falling out of my Gi.

/blist add you

lol FTW man
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2008-12-13 19:22:22  
Have I time traveled back to 2004?

RMT activity has slowed considerably since the time where Erase was 1 million, Scorpion Harnesses were 13-14 million, and you could get 25 million gil for the price of a part time paycheck making minimum wage.

It seems SE is on this mission to completely, 100% stamp out RMT, and the only way it's going to happen is if they shut down the servers. Let's get real here, people. If an online game uses online currency, and it's popular, RMT will exist in it. They will find a way to make their business.

SE's practices have always been "If we eliminate A, the result will be B" without ever looking at possibility C, D, or E. RMT will be crippled for a short while, yes, but they will find another perfectly reasonable way to make gil. (By reasonable, I mean not breaking the ToS. Last I checked, farming mats and selling them to NPCs is not against the ToS.) But meanwhile, legit players are getting the shaft, and it sucks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2008-12-13 21:07:23  
stop *** crying , move on and adjust.
 Bismarck.Jimothy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Jimothy
By Bismarck.Jimothy 2008-12-13 21:11:01  
Nitsuj said:
Omnico said:
as for makeing money from crafting i have 100 alchemy and i make very litte nin para tools was ok but now to many do that and under cut so now i dont make enough to waste my time on it

100 alchemists were the ones making gil off Black Ink. You missed out on a ton of gil :/

There really wasn't a whole lot of money in NPCing black ink. It was nice if you needed some quick gil without waiting on AH but the profit was pennies. Also you only needed 60 alchemy to do get the same results.
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2008-12-13 21:40:08  
I have yet to see an RMT where I farm or anyone else for that matter >.> =P sea farming is fun when u solo Jailer pops in the Palace ^^ Good luck though Im 75 Ninja and there are days even I get my *** kicked around the Palace and back ^^;.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2008-12-13 22:19:33  
i dont see rmt as much as i use to but they are around, sucking more than ever. but i make due with farming in boy tree for lumber or cuttings. ksnm or bcnm is good if u get a good group.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2008-12-27 02:08:15  
maybe my line of thoughts is all wrong. making it harder to make gil by NCP stuff, makes it harder for RMT to make gil as well. RMT have to raise the price on gil, less ppl buy gil coz its not really worth having to work on a REAL job irl for x hours to get x amount of gil. Prices will eventually fall on AH, it has already started in some areas. You will make less gil, but you'll be able to buy the same stuff for less gil as well. evens out doesnt it? I remeber buying my first SH for 1.3 mil back when it was "easy" to make gil, now i make less gil, but SH is like 10% of what it was back then. Just an example.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2008-12-27 02:17:39  
On the note of people being forced to find new unaffected areas to farm, I have seen this all too well. I always used to farm in a certain zone. It wasn't the best gil/hour, but since no one else farmed there I knew how much gil I could make in that hour. Since the update, this place has been flooding with new people chasing the same mobs I've been after for months. This has even, in turn, made me look to new sources of gil, probably pushing me into someone else's farming zone.
 Sylph.Snives
サーバ: Sylph
user: Snives
By Sylph.Snives 2008-12-27 04:37:28  
I tottally respect your opinion and partially agree but.... now we have problem of those EX items being camped by yhte "Bully" LS's with Bots... forcing the more Legit players to buy it off them for a Lot, which in my opinion should be illegal in the game, WHY the hell should a LS be campin items they dont need instead of making room for someone else to get a chance and get it? its EX for a reason.
 Fenrir.Makasita
サーバ: Fenrir
user: makasita
By Fenrir.Makasita 2008-12-27 05:00:14  
Stanflame said:
stop *** crying , move on and adjust.

u mad?

I'm pretty sure this is a bad change, primarily because of the slump in value for most farmed items on the AH (instigating a rise in NPCing for profit)--there's still a couple of "big money" farming items, but if you sit down and exploit them, you're more likely to *** it up for yourself and/or the entire server because SE keeps removing easy ways to make money.

I don't know what SE is trying to accomplish by making money extremely hard to come by, because it doesn't benefit new players to essentially tell them from their first logiin that they will be perpetually bankrupt and have shitty gear because they can't farm enough money to buy the "upper tier" equip. Considering the thing FFXI needs most is new players to keep subs up, it's an absolutely incomprehensible move to nerf farming in a major way.
 Ramuh.Zader
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Zader
By Ramuh.Zader 2008-12-27 09:45:23  
Don't forget ISNM. Ores are going up and Ingots are shooting to 1m each on Ramuh.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2008-12-27 10:54:51  
I'm still a fan of Beehive Chips in Giddeus myself!
 Unicorn.Yojimmbo
サーバ: Unicorn
user:
By Unicorn.Yojimmbo 2008-12-27 12:39:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Yakutatazu said:
First mistletoe (remedies) now this "The sale prices for the following items have been changed: Black Ink / Bugard Skin / H. Q. Bugard Skin / Orc Piercer / Yagudo Freezer / Shellbuster / Leech Saliva / Bird Blood / Beast Blood"... Is it just me or is SE killing farming camp by camp? Fine kill off 1 or 2 camps and I'll farm something else but how far are they going to go with this?

Theres more than 1 way of making gil lmao I always laugh at people who think that making gil is limited to farming only...just need to think outside the box and then you might see the game in a whole new way ;D
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-27 12:54:32  
If you've read all this thread you would realize this is not about only farming. It's about ways in order to make gil. I stated over and over that I had not even made gil on the items gimped and not only by farming. This entire thread went off topic and about farming only the items and not where it was intended to: How far will SE take this hurting real players to hurt RMT. Of course you can make gil farming/ISNM/BCNM/KSNM/crafting or whatever methods you take it's your choice, hell you could buy/sell like it's the stock market Idc that's just not the issue here. When SE hurts all you people that laugh that people lose their source of income then you will be the ones complaining.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-27 17:48:01  
I'm trying to think about this from another angle; What other ways are there to hurt RMT? Are there less disruptive ways?

For example, if an RMT is camping Bird Blood and spends 24/7 at the camp the whole time he is there you have to compete with him for pops along with anyone else that is there.

By being there all the time he's making it hard for people to farm the spot, he's making people angry, he's keeping GMs occupied with complaints and the RMT pretty much ruin the camp until that brief period after they get banned. (i've seen this on leviathan and boy did GMs get called out a lot over it lol)

So, how can SE tackle this persistant camping of the same spot by RMT other than the way they have handled it?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-27 19:13:10  
Ban buyers and scare the ***out of people so they never buy again. You won't kill RMT by attacking them directly, you have to kill the demand for their services. They need to make it at least seem harder to get away with buying than it may be.

I believe their new RMT PWNER 1337 or w/e program they called it, is a move in the right direction. It's going to make those who buy gil think twice since they make it obvious that anyone associated with the process farmer/deliverer/buyer will be banned by an automated process and not by an investigation that will be too slow to catch them.

It appears at least imo, that SE is finally catching on how to deal with RMT on a more permanent level.
 Pandemonium.Tatsuki
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: douten
By Pandemonium.Tatsuki 2008-12-27 23:17:10  
I'll have to agree with Yakutatazu. Though this update doesn't effect me at all I understand completely how it'll effect other player. SE has to think of a new way to lower RMT w/o hurting the player. Therefore they need to look at what RMT does themselves, people who sell gils, and not as characters who earn gil in the game. By looking at them in the former way solutions won't effect other "characters who earn gil in the game"(basically everyone.) so dramatically. And their new program seems promising.

Edit: Others way I've thought that I don't know whether or not is implemented is for them to be fake buyers. Go to a RMT site buy gil and then go on from there. Is there an agreement in buying gil that "you can't be from SE or we'll sue you, you'll have to agree before buying" or something? Also another method is create a fake gil selling site, make the price a little cheaper from the other sites and then ban the buyers. I suppose those way will involve too much legal junk for them?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2008-12-27 23:49:42  
Well buying gil from RMT sites will not be a good financial move. All they can ban is current IP/accounts that the RMT use. Then the RMT companies will make new accounts to continue, then all that money spent is gone.

A fake gil site would be illegal most likely. I mean they can't charge you for gil and then ban you for it.

Now they could sell gil legitimately with an infinite supply, and drive prices so low that RMT will no longer be able to keep up. But then there would be a chance that legally and perhaps cheap gil will cause a huge demand. That demand could lead to a huge inflation and ruin the economy.

Apparently most Korean and Japanese MMO companies already sell in game currency and SE has looked into it for future MMOs they might make. I do not recall reading anything that said they would for FFXI itself. I'm going to attempt to find where I read that though. If anyone else knows or has their own input on this then feel free to add or share.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-28 01:23:31  
Yakutatazu said:
A fake gil site would be illegal most likely.

Sadly this is true, if you advertise a service and then charge some-one for it then dont give them the service you advertised its mis-leading customers and also the same as fraud.

I'm kinda worried that if they do intruduce a system in their next MMO of buying currency from them it will make the game unfair as some people will be able to aford to buy millions of currency and others wont, it would destroy any in-game auction house system they might implement which would probably limit the game to just buying everything from NPCs.

Wouldnt be surprised if we see the end of the AH and player to player trading in their next MMO its caused them a load of grief over the years.