Mirke Wardecors?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Mirke Wardecors?
Mirke Wardecors?
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 12:50:00  
I wouldnt sub /sam for a DoT fight because im not ws'ing @ 100%. Maxing out each hit with /war instead.

Brutal imo is gimp. As is Mekki(unless used with a gun). Cobra is indeed gimp (even though I use the feet to acheive 5hit.)

I agree with you anything that cuts down your hits to 100 is great. Thats why you can 4 hit a hellfire @ birds. Not some fail *** 5 hit. :P

Oh and it takes around 3 months to go from the base rank, to the medal you need for rose strap.

5 hit ebow. Pot-au-feu. Chaos/Sam/Minx2. 95% WSacc @ bird camp:
TP

WS

The only gimp I notice in these sets is the cobra.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 12:54:03  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
It takes around 3 months to go from the base rank to the medal you need for rose strap.

Wings of the Goddess has been out for well over two years. Anyone who isn't that rank yet is either new to the game or took a break for a long time. That's not really a relevant point; because it could take as long to finish CoP, or that long to do ACP, etc.

And those are nice sets, but... irrelevant? We were talking about HNM (since you yourself brought those examples up, and they're what my post was based around.) There is a very big difference between the optimum stats for birds and HNM. And on birds, I would hope any RNG I was inviting is meleeing for TP.

Personally at bird camps I use a Kraken Club, so what the hell do I care about Mirke for TPing on birds.

Also, try not to take too much offense and throw your own gear sets around. Nobody was calling you gimp or your decisions gimp; you're the only one throwing that word around.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-04-05 13:00:01  
well you could
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
lol -.- as stated previously, correct amounts of stp (from mirke) will make you 4/5/6 hit alot of ranged weapons... Ebow/HF 1/Yoichi/Anni/Astrild/DA gun respectivly... If your botherd to work out your own stp "# build".... I think you will see that stp snap is the best "TP body" for most situations that you'll want it for. Outside of a "# hit build" - Skadi body/osode/AF( 1) are fine choices... If you are unconcerd by dmg per stack of ammo, snap rakt is fine. And will often do better ws than osode on colibri.
You can just as easily get the STP for a 5/6 hit build on other slots where you can't get as high amounts of Ranged Attack. If you bothered to work out your own stp build, I think you will see that Snapshot and Ratt 10 is the best "TP body" for all situations, given how easy STP actually is to get for RNG. And that's not even counting Skadi legs. Hyperbole is cool and all, but at least be right when you use it. Also, not to nitpick, but you're condoning Skadi Body for RNG. That instantly confirms you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Notice I mentioned AF( 1) and you didnt bat an eyelid at that. Skadi Body is a great peice for DoT - Has as much ratk as osode does, and better acc than anything out there atm. If your not aiming for a #hit build, and have stp on your mirke like me, skadi is a great choice for tp on anything I WONT be using mirke on. STP is easy to obtain for rng is it?? I assume your talking about lolcobra gear?? Cus' Skadi legs is a ***. 3 months campaigning for Rose strap is a ***. Mekki from T3 Lamia is only fought, like what? twice while building x2 Khim sets... Idk, depends how your ls does things. Enkidu's legs are gimp. Hachi Legs Feet are nice, but obviously skadi legs Af2 feet winz them. Raja's and Mirke are pretty much the only common peices rng wear that have/can have stp on them no?

Ahh well you could always wear a brutal earring for 1 more STP but that would takes months of limbus to get without buying the coins. Honestly Rajas is harder to get than Rose strap but well to you its common ranger gear.

I really don't know why you guys sweat this stuff because the game changes in 3 months. I would focus on leveling all your subjobs to 49-50 instead of trying to win the internets award for best rng mirke augment.

The clear winner is pick whatever augments that suit your playing style. That style could be loading on as much rng acc so you miss only 99 out of every 100 shots and die because your enmity gain is too much. That style could also be load up as much str and rng atk as possible so you can murder birds and hit only 90 out of 100 shots on the HNM mobs. Still you could be that one rng/bst and loads himself up on all the pet bonus enhances. You know what? They are all correct.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-04-05 13:01:37  
@Aeyela. how is 10 att > 10 acc for ALL situations? considering the amount of acc gear i have on my rng and how i still need to use pots to help acc i think the 10 acc is far better all round than 10 att. personally i would rather hit for less, more often, than more, less often.

the only way i would have chosen att > acc on mirke was if all i done was say.. dynamis and merits.. for anything worthwhile i like the acc.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:01:43  
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
I really don't know why you guys sweat this stuff because the game changes in 3 months. I would focus on leveling all your subjobs to 49-50 instead of trying to win the internets award for best rng mirke augment.

I have never been in the habit of planning what I do today around something that's going to happen in three months time. I'll worry about how to play Ranger when I'm RNG80 when I'm actually RNG80.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:05:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
@Aeyela. how is 10 att > 10 acc for ALL situations? considering the amount of acc gear i have on my rng and how i still need to use pots to help acc i think the 10 acc is far better all round than 10 att. personally i would rather hit for less, more often, than more, less often.

the only way i would have chosen att > acc on mirke was if all i done was say.. dynamis and merits.. for anything worthwhile i like the acc.

It doesn't, for all, and neither has anyone said it is (except those fond of hyperbole who tend not to actually expand on their opinion.) The OP asked or the all round best augments, and people have given their opinions. Such is the wonder of forums and asking for people's opinions. Quite often it's given, and quite often people discuss it. Some might not agree with our opinion (albeit in this thread alone it's unanimous), but that doesn't make them any less valid.

But just to reiterate, for things like Kirin, Ixion, Jailers (as was listed by Kamara), I parse around 90-95% accuracy everytime using Mirke with Ratt +10 and Snapshot. It works for me, and I'm not implying it works for everyone. I'm only giving my opinion on the best choice as per the OP's request.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:08:09  
Relic users.. who previously (for well-over a year, thanks SE) had no point in taking part in any wotg related content. Only to find themselves now having to slug through the shite-hole which is campaign for one item? Maybe more if SE decide to put anything else decent in.

Ok so - you come into some topic about mirke augments, from some guy whos not rly speaking HNM/LEETNESS.
And persist to assume every post is based around hnms? Obviously my mirke is for 4/5 hit bow/gun at merit pt, cus not everyone owns a KC. And obviously I'd use /war+skadi body @ JoL over /sam+my mirke. I dont think the poster was talking hnm. And my first post, which you took "issue" with, was a generalisation designed to help the OP. Not start a leetness battle with some random KC owner.

Quote:
Ahh well you could always wear a brutal earring for 1 more STP but that would takes months of limbus to get without buying the coins. Honestly Rajas is harder to get than Rose strap but well to you its common ranger gear.

Rajas has been out for flippin 5 years? It is common gear yes.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:11:59  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Ok so - you come into some topic about mirke augments, from some guy whos not rly speaking HNM/LEETNESS.
And persist to assume every post is based around hnms?

No. The post I quoted was about HNM, which is the post I was replying to. You replied to my reply, so obviously I assumed we were still talking about HNMs. You can have a tantrum all you like, the fact remains you chose to reply and continue that particular conversation.
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

Campaign has been out for flippin 2 years? Rose Strap is common gear yes. I could understand not doing campaign if there was nothing in it for anyone, but there's some decent pieces in all categories for pretty much every job. And you yourself have the Cobra feet, so what is your point even based around? Clutching at straws for an argument is all I'm seeing.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:15:50  
An ls friend, yoichi owner, poor guy has to slug through campaign for that strap.
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

If your botherd to work out your own stp "# build".... I think you will see that stp snap is the best "TP body" for most situations that you'll want it for.
Outside of a "# hit build" - Skadi body/osode/AF( 1) are fine choices...

If you are unconcerd by dmg per stack of ammo, snap rakt is fine. And will often do better ws than osode on colibri.

Was aimed @ the OP.
You replied to this with HNM *** talk. Wont be reposding to your *** self any longer.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:17:17  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Shiva.Idril said:
I went with the Raac/Snapshot simply because i fight alot of high lvl mobs i.e DI, jailers, even Kirin, all of which are going to be harder to hit. If all you use your rng for is fighting birds and playing around on some lower mobs go for the Rattk, but any sort of end game, even with a behemoths ring (like one of the earlier posters was insisting must be used all the time)you may still find yourself lacking in the racc dept. I feel it is a waste to lose your snapshot because you can't hit what ever your fighting and had to put on your AF body. If you have capped snapshot merits and a Zha'go's Barbut taking away one of the biggest snapshot pieces you can get because you wiff too much when you tp is absurd. Also i personally dislike using sushi, Pot-au-feu is a nice choice, a little less ranged acc but you get str agi and a 20% boost to your Rattk. I like, for bigger numbers, using Red curry buns(caps off as +75 Rattk), because i have enough Racc i am free to use a dmg food instead of sushi. I like to think that 75 Rattk > 10 Rattk. In any case the body is amazing for tp and you can customize it to what ever suites your rng best!

With the Ranged Attack / Snapshot augments my accuracy parses at around 90-95% on every example you've just listed. For most things I use my Ranger for I try not to pull hate, so bigger numbers are always the last thing on my mind. Consistency is the most important factor for most HNMs, not how high I can get my weapon skills.

If I was zerging something, I'd be using a completely different setup full stop, where I wouldn't even use Mirke regardless of the augments.

Notice how that's not quoting you? There was nothing about HNM in the reply to your post.

***, lol. Please, do don't reply, you're just being childish. Nobody's being rude to you yet you insist on being rude to them. =\
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
An ls friend, yoichi owner, poor guy has to slug through campaign for that strap.

Poor guy indeed, but you'd think he'd have got a Rose Strap by now if it was so important. It has been out nearly a year.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:26:33  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Also, not to nitpick, but you're condoning Skadi Body for RNG. That instantly confirms you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

:/

Sorry, thats not the least bit insulting your leetness'

*Bows, and backs out of room slowly...*

Think I explained why and where I'd consider it usefull. Rather not get into who said what/when, cus I've only been half reading your dribble. Sorry.

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-04-05 13:30:19  
Lets have cake and talk about how SE screwed us RNGs anyway.. i like my idea.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:33:41  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Also, not to nitpick, but you're condoning Skadi Body for RNG. That instantly confirms you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

:/

Sorry, thats not the least bit insulting your leetness'

*Bows, and backs out of room slowly...*

Think I explained why and where I consider it usefull. Rather not get into who said what/when, cus I've only been half reading your dribble. Sorry.

Quote me all you like; you're the one who stooped to insults. I'm grown up enough not to insult you back, however much ammunition you've given me.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:34:22  

The update where they lowered our enmity on Ranged Attacks was the best example... Oh wait, that didn't happen...

And they even said "Cancelled", as if they're not going to do it, rather than "Postponed". ***!
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:38:43  
You started this by dismissing my opinions based on a gear choice of which you know absoloutly nothing about?
That is a bit on the *** side of things.. ya know?

Sorry I called you an *** over the internet... I really am..

Quote:

anyone remember the first nerf? :p
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:39:48  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
You started this by dismissing my opinions based on a gear choice of which you know absoloutly nothing about?

I started it by judging your opinion. If you don't want your opinion to be judged, stop giving it.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:40:58  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

I started it by judging your opinion. If you don't want your opinion to be judged, stop giving it.

Jesus.

My point being it was a blind judgement. So stfu now kthxbai^^
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 13:42:28  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

Jesus.

Yes a blind judgement indeed.

So you think, and that is your opinion, which you are entitled to.

Notice how I didn't insult you? It's quite easily done.
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
So stfu now kthxbai^^

Amazing how somebody can act so immature because somebody else disagrees with their opinion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-04-05 13:51:18  
Oh come on guys.. be nice.. what would be your definition of nice? i can invite you both round for tea and cake if you like?
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 13:51:26  
Oh gawddd... your trying that 'not from my perspective but maybe from your perspective' crap.

Let me put it simple for you. You blindly insult my interlect over a gear choice.

Me>>>"Ahh, said A-hole obviously needs an explaination"

You now have one. And still continue to reply with what?? Slander about immaturity because of certain internet speakz?

Please Sir, go away.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 14:00:23  
Oh come on guys.. be nice.. what would be your definition of nice? i can invite you both round for tea and cake if you like?

Only if you have chocolate bourbons :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-04-05 14:17:41  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

i love bourbons!
 Bismarck.Killercat
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Killercat 2010-04-05 14:23:44  
R.Att over R.Acc for a TP piece? {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass}

I don't use RNG for playing with little birds and on HNM/Sky/Sea-like monsters you'll need every R.Acc you can get! Seriously, I have merited Archery, I am Mithra and have pretty good gear (not the best but still more then those lolRNG running around). eg last time on Byakko - damn i missed half of my normal shots (seems Byakko spawns with evasion set in a random range, because I had no probs hitting the one we did before under the SAME food effect.)

If your RNG is just for little-mob-playing and you are hunting single high-dmg sidewinders to show off choose R.Att, otherwise you should better use R.Acc

And Snapshot+5 is set ofc ^^

EDIT: Oh btw. Snapshot+5 is 10%(!) not just 5% reduction in delay
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-05 15:45:13  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

i love bourbons!

But they fall apart with one dunk ;;
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-04-05 16:39:17  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
The only gimp I notice in these sets is the cobra.

I noticed much more gimp... >.>

You should TP in your crimson hands, WS in your Skadi. Your crimsons should be Bloods anyway, not like they'd break your bank considering the cost of the rest of your gear.

Triumph earrings also do practically nothing for you during TP. Swap to Novia/Brutal combo during your TP phase. If you have no need of +1 store tp from the brutal, you can use a Vision earring, Stellar earring, or the Wilhelms/Altdorfs set which will all show larger returns during TP.

Cobra feet are pretty obvious, get scouts socks or skadi feet. If you really need that Store TP, trade it for a Mekki.
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-05 17:12:48  
Those are quite old sets, and yes, not sure what is best to do with skadi hands, ws in them at bird camp for sure. Not so sure about other mobs. I'd use novia with /war in long fights, but that set is /sam and 20.5tp'ish per /ra, and 19tp in ws set, making a nice 5 hits to 101~102tp.

I dont like Mekki on a bow set up, Vulcans is too nice. Although I do want one for 4 hit HF+1 bird camp lolz.
All I gain by swapping mekki for vulcans and cobra feet for scouts socks is 1 Stp. Saving use for brutal maybe? But I dont use brutal lol.
 Leviathan.Lileana
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sumiyaka
By Leviathan.Lileana 2010-04-05 19:08:11  
Ok all 3 choices are pretty good to have depending on other gear/Playstyle but for all around piece i would go for Ratk/snap.

Racc/snap= is great for high evasive HNMs, but is pretty usless for stuff like merit. and low events where u should alrdy be 90-95% acc.

Stp/Snap= is nice but is highly dependent on other gear and is only really great for places where things die fast. Mid-Long fights firing @ 100% every 4/5 shots will do nothing but get you killed. if your dire for STP u can get it else where but it just don't make sence to use on a great piece for so little it can do. (Unless You have Relic where you can use Con/NA)

Ratk/Snap= is the only piece i've seen that won't be usless in 1 place or another. lil less racc then KO has. which 90% rngs used b4 MW came out. adds nice DoT to your dmg. its easy to make up the racc else where. just eat Racc food and switch to behe rings and your set depending on other gear.

But in the end choice the piece that fits your playstyle and take it. can always change if you don't like it

Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-05 19:45:15  
Few things I want to say about the R.Attack/Snapshot Wardecors.

First of all, Attack is more than twice as useful for RNG than it is for any other DD job. Ranged damage is calculated differently than melee, making STR and Attack give greatly increasing returns. Not only that, but the higher your DMG is, the more Attack/STR you'd want to add. Adding 2-3 STR will increase your DMG by 1 on RNG, as opposed to 4-6 for melee jobs for 1 DMG. Same reason why Vulcan's Staff (STR+5 R.Attack+10) will beat something like a Trailer's Kukri with 14 ACC. Because Attack is just that much better. If you want to know specifics, check wiki or something.

Second, Accuracy is far less useful for RNG than for melee jobs. It depends on what you're doing, of course, but it's not hard to almost cap ACC on even Kirin with a few R.ACC rings and Ohat, and Pot Au Feu. The only thing you need more ACC for than Kirin, is wyrms, and why would you go RNG to wyrms?

Basically, what all this means, is that adding R.ACC to Mirke is pointless, because it's so much easier to get good R.ACC in other slots without sacrificing much other than, say, 5 STR on rings or something. If you really need the R.ACC, there's always AF body anyway. There's no real reason to use anything other than R.Attack+10/Snapshot+5.

Some links you may want to try:

A damage calculator Punch in your STR, Attack, and weapon DMGs and it will show you how much damage you're expected to do, for both TP hits and WSs.

FFXIcalculator does the same for above, but for ACC and R.ACC. Very useful tool to have for more than just melee stats, also.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2010-04-06 09:46:45  
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:
Relic users.. who previously (for well-over a year, thanks SE) had no point in taking part in any wotg related content. Only to find themselves now having to slug through the shite-hole which is campaign for one item? Maybe more if SE decide to put anything else decent in. Ok so - you come into some topic about mirke augments, from some guy whos not rly speaking HNM/LEETNESS. And persist to assume every post is based around hnms? Obviously my mirke is for 4/5 hit bow/gun at merit pt, cus not everyone owns a KC. And obviously I'd use /war skadi body @ JoL over /sam my mirke. I dont think the poster was talking hnm. And my first post, which you took "issue" with, was a generalisation designed to help the OP. Not start a leetness battle with some random KC owner.
Quote:

Well dynamis has been out for what 6-7 years so where is your relic? Its common gear yes? I wouldn’t talk about relic just because your friend has unless you have actual experience using a relic. I don’t own a KC I just borrowed one for an hour to experience why I should get one from another relic owner. So the way I play Ranger is different from the way you or the OP plays ranger. I suggest the OP try out whatever suits their play style from the information in the above postings. I just don’t think you shouldn’t whine to us about why you think WoTG is a waste for relic owners when you do not even have one. Just because you think something is common gear doesn’t make it common gear. A majority of people would argue that COP is more difficult than ToAU, WoTG, and Campaign Battles combined. Unless you can buy the item of the AH it is going to require a bit of effort on the part of the person wanting to get the item(s).
 Gilgamesh.Kamara
By Gilgamesh.Kamara 2010-04-06 11:12:08  
Carbuncle.Laitha said:
Gilgamesh.Kamara said:

Sorry it wasnt too clear. Only that part was responding to you. The rest was directed at Aeyela.

Yes dyna has been out 6-7 years. But guess what? There isnt a pair of designated scouts socks for me at the end, that I payed for when I purchased CoP. Thats simply what I mean by common.
I have to outlot/outbid others for AF2, and also, there may be other drops which I'd prefer, like duelist chapeau for instance.
Compared to obtaining my raja's ring.. which was sitting at the end of a linear, now ancient, expansion pack.

Carbuncle.Laitha said:
I just don’t think you shouldn’t whine to us about why you think WoTG is a waste for relic owners when you do not even have one.
I think the exact opposite if you'd read what i've said properly. The way WOTG was 8months ago. And what it is like now, are two different things. Saying it was useless for over a year only supports my point:
That for relic users who saw no point in campaign,(OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER) now finds themselves 3 months behind. I think its best summed up by Aeyela :)

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
I have never been in the habit of planning what I do today around something that's going to happen in three months time. I'll worry about how to play Ranger when I'm RNG80 when I'm actually RNG80.

The idea is that why bother with something (Do campaign pointlessly) untill they add new/worth wile items(8 months ago for rose strap?).

And before anyone comes back with the arguement: "oh! anyone who doesnt have rose strap by now obviously is doing something wrong!..blah.. blah..etc.."
Theres a ***-tonne of things to do in this 7yr old game. And people have lives...