Blu Gets Party?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » blu gets party?
blu gets party?
 Valefor.Grozny
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-05-13 16:44:40  
When it comes to learning spells, 1-20 is the hardest time for a blue mage.

Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-14 22:49:02  
Blu sucks post30-pre75~ thats thats when your Sword DoT is ***and your spell DoT sucks also. been playing DRK lately and my friends BLU that ive been staticing with is having a hard time even doing half of the damage i do.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-14 23:13:35  
Blu in exp is not just DD though, it's able to give support, debuff the mob, buff party, dispel and even heal if needed. To judge it with a drk isn't really fair Jar.

To further my point, I was in a mount zhay crawler pt the other day, and the rdm must have had a refresh/haste bot because he wudnt cure, he wud only do that, I was pretty much stunning for the nins recast as well as healing everyone solo while doing dps.(albeit, ***dps)

That's mostly all I wanted to say, though in 55+ parties such as colibri they are terrible, most ppl these days do colibri to 75 and just sync and skill up later. Bird parties are all about non-mp using dps throwing down fast dmg. There's more than just blu getting excluded there.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-14 23:26:04  
Blu is great in xp party as long as you have a rdm or brd.

/end thread ^^ (oh and hte blu has to understand how to control dmg output vs mp cost. other wise they are one of those stupid ones who burn all mp in one fight and have to rest after.)

blu/thf ftw :D
RLB > Sickle > Gravitation > mp drainkiss. mmmm
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-15 04:34:54  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Blu sucks post30-pre75~ thats thats when your Sword DoT is ***and your spell DoT sucks also. been playing DRK lately and my friends BLU that ive been staticing with is having a hard time even doing half of the damage i do.

actually it's closer to 40~63 because of spells needing /thf to get consistantly decent dmg, and doing so you have to watch your hate generation (blu actually get some of the strongest weapons concerning auto-attack damage, though the WS dmg isn't really there 'till later on). the main problem is that blu's dmg output is highly dependent on using the right gear (having top-end gear helps a lot too, but knowing how to use it first is what matters most).

I mostly soloed to 75 because most of the time it was quicker than partying, but friends would ask me to at times and mostly within those levels. it was pretty easy to pop SA+spells for 600+ dmg going as high as 1200 with CA in the mix at times, but averaging ~900 (with SA+CA). birds are definitely tough on any 1-h weapon before maxing out at 75, but using spammable acc food pretty much all jobs can deal with it.

main point, blu's a decent DD at any level when in the right hands (with the right gear), it also has the ability to provide minimal support that can help greatly as others have stated.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-05-15 18:35:45  
Yes BLU/THF is awesome when leveling up.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-15 19:16:07  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes BLU/THF is awesome when leveling up.

STR gear, Sole Sushi+1 + CASA Death Scissors Owns Colibri.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-15 19:17:24  
Blu is a really good, powerful DD job. The problem is, too many people play it badly/completely wrong, so I refuse to invite random blu's :(
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-15 19:29:24  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Blu is a really good, powerful DD job. The problem is, too many people play it badly/completely wrong, so I refuse to invite random blu's :(

When i was leveling, i bought all ACC + Haste TP gear, and i had several 75 blue's in Full af tell me that i failed because i didn't TP in the AF.. and that swords where useless.

MP drainkiss is a god send, i got 100~200 usually when MBing it, enough to not need to rest at all during a party with refresh, sanction refresh, a vermy to idle in, and spell set refresh :x

It makes me sad when i see a blue in af, spamming spells and then resting :(
 Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-15 19:31:56  
Blu's who /heal mid fight always make me go "sigh". A blu should be managing his MP properly enough to be able to go forever, unless something bad happens and you link a bunch of mobs or something.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-15 19:34:43  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Blu's who /heal mid fight always make me go "sigh". A blu should be managing his MP properly enough to be able to go forever, unless something bad happens and you link a bunch of mobs or something.

All this talk makes me remember i need to level /SCH, was in campaign the other day and saw a blue who was owning mobs, MP drainkiss > Magic Hammer > Aspir > Sublimation, repeat, she never ran out of MP it was awesome lol

Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-16 03:22:22  
I know this has nothing to do with party BLU, but BLU/NIN + BLM/WHM Seiryu Duo is pretty badass.
 Caitsith.Katas
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Katas
By Caitsith.Katas 2010-05-16 03:53:03  
Look forward to 24-34k an hr parties on birds in blu burns at 75. Just keep grinding but by the time you are 100% spells and 75 and merited cap will be 85 with more spells. Keep the grind, its worth it.
 Siren.Bloowrii
サーバ: Siren
user: bloowrii
By Siren.Bloowrii 2010-05-16 04:18:34  
the only i ' heal if the mage is dead or we don't have one /sch is the best at healing
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-16 04:49:36  
please don't mention blus that use AF outside of body for casting or any for town gear, they're only wanna bes... lol

wanted to add a comment about full homam with shades as town gear, but I... hell, I mentioned it any way, lol.
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-21 01:48:33  
Pinecone Bomb took me three hours ;_; I'm REALLY enjoying BLU regardless, even though I can be a bit ditzy when farming spells and forget to put up at least cocoon and shadows.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-21 10:18:11  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
please don't mention blus that use AF outside of body for casting or any for town gear, they're only wanna bes... lol

wanted to add a comment about full homam with shades as town gear, but I... hell, I mentioned it any way, lol.

Well I'ma waltz around in my 6/6 Relic and my Homam Zucchetto in town while you get jealous of me trying to be a wanna-be.
[+]
By Virtuosus 2010-05-22 02:23:31  
In all honesty, when it comes down to it (this goes for all jobs that are moreso un-wanted/needed/cared for in EXP situations), if you're sure you will be doing your job correctly, instead of seeking for hours on end it wouldn't hurt to be the one making the party here and there. I ultimately had 0 problems getting BLU to 75 (although I did chigoe burn some of it, which is pretty much faster than any other EXP you can get pre-75 and even beats most average meripos if done correctly).

Really, it's not that hard to put together a group that works. Every group I made from 54+ was getting high chains and making great EXP, around 15k/hr or so. As for MP issues, Red Lotus Blade > Sickle Slash > MB MP Drainkiss kept my MP capped with or without refresh, and yes I did cast spells.

At 60+ I did Vorpal Blade > Death Scissors, followed up with casting MP Drainkiss (Doesn't MB to Vorpal > Scissors) in AF Head/Body and Pluto's. Kept my MP capped even then. Vorpal on average did 300ish without BRD, 350-550ish with BRD. I did have a vorpal specific set and used Sushi. CA Death Scissors pretty much always did 400ish damage, more if I was higher on the Bhaf Colibri. Frenetic Rips easily did 350-450 each non-CA'd. My melee damage added up greatly too, I ended up actually grabbing hate way more than most average pole SAMs and DRGs. (RE: Average)

Lastly, I honestly have to say /NIN is best for overall DoT damage, don't sub THF unless you absolutely positively need to do SATACA Death Scissors due to hate issues. Although, maybe for those without proper gear /THF will out-do /NIN, but that wasn't the case for me.

Just putting in my 2¢, /.
 Siren.Virtuoso
サーバ: Siren
user: Unrealdj
By Siren.Virtuoso 2010-05-22 03:41:35  
almost same name, same view
blu/nin til cap 99 then hoping for blu/dnc with native duel wield and a refresh "blu" spell.
Overall dot I also felt /nin was still better.
IMO blu is a burst dmg job, instead of dot. In the eyes of most people anyway. I personally focus on both because I usually only cast with CA, but I make sure when I do WS CA its f'ing HUGE. Dot is pure melee from blu, the burst is your ws , ca spell. Which usually trumps even a sam doing ws/ws/solo sc. Depending on the spells of course.
At campaign for example with full str/dex gear and af body Ill usually hit from 300-575 savage blade into a 1000-1500 disseverment, the 500-800 sc dmg. So at most we're looking at about 2900 damage from one blu burst, 1800 at minimum (if your geared correctly).
Pretty amazing if you ask me.
I like to toss in a Frenetic rip for about 800ish afterwards cause my auto-refresh warrants the mp use to have me full again before the next CA (or pretty close :P) usually I can drainkiss something or someone is around that can refresh or ballad no matter what im doing so I typically do even more then that.
I also think the key is to never run out of MP over any other aspect a blu can have. TP gear is nice but if I have to sacrifice auto-refresh for it its not happening unless im 90%+ mp.

One thing I would like to point out,
Blu is probably going to be the most amazing job out of them all once cap is 99.
Reason I say this is if you haven't noticed, blu seems to trump every job in the game IF and ONLY if the level of the mob your fighting is = to you or lower. While other jobs may do a little bit more damage blu seems to do tons more.

A perfect example is Campaign, everyone "knows" blu is "THE" job to bring for campaign. it is because at 75, campaign mobs are in the level ratio for blu's to rape them (See chart paragraph below to understand that lol) Just rips apart everything, can take the hate and just never die. Me and my wife duo blu/dnc at campaign and are able to pull all 10 incomming mobs away from npcs and duo them down without any help.
Pull, group up 10 and actinic burst them all (Flashga) before it wears Soporific them all.
Pick one, aspir samba , eat a taco to tank, cocoon, and go to town. Never ever have we ran out of mp, not even close. of course the NM is another story. We just let him run by because of this level gap for blu thing. And mostly cause they can't be slept lol.

Imagine a blank chart, now draw a line, this is the standard dmg ratio for all the dd jobs. Put all DD jobs above the line. Now put blu slightly under that line. Edit: A chart for lvl 85 and above NM's, this is false for standard level mobs of course :P

Now we add in the level mob vrs level character ratio, blu scales MUCH higher vrs other jobs when this is added. Problem for us endgame though was that inital damage line for blu vrs high level nm calculations were never adjusted by SE. Probably because most blus can rape other events so bad such as assault and limbus (non proto/ultima) runs.

Can NOT wait to see how powerful this job is this time next year at 99.
Fafnir solo? (Too Weak)

Blu is my main pick in this game.
But to be honest, as good as I know I am on the job. Me and my wife refuse to invite a blu into our xp parties. (Currently taking mnk to 75).
Just because of the same reason people say in here, you NEVER know what your gonna get when you invite a blu.
Will he be wearing MP gear and try to DD?
Will he have whm sub and refuse to cure?
WAY to many what if's for blus to be invited usually.

Your best shot at getting invites is to state in your search comment that you have acc/str/dex setup gear and you plan on DD'ing.
Meaning no stupid serket rings or astral rings mp earrings etc etc.

"It is NOT how much mp a blu has, it is how he uses it and has enough auto refresh to keep going"

I know blu is versatile, believe me. In campaign i play both tank and DD (very well on both ends I might add), In zeni I play breath nuking BLM style, on rare occasions i play healer.... maybe 2 times in 4 years? lol.
Vrs high lvl NM HNM we can only pray if we are blu the strategy is either to kite or only the tanks are meleeing so we can /thf and cannonball, if not we are slightly behind others.

But if people want healing they will get the better healer (rdm, sch etc) . If they want support theyll get a brd or cor.
If they want DD they MIGHT get a blu, if and only if they're geared proper for it.
Only way for them to know that though is if you comment :D

For a few years as blu I tried to cover all the aspects a blu has at the same time and learned it just doesn't work that way if you want to be known as a good blu, endgame included. It is a tough route to take over just about any other job in the game because of the versatility. Because it means having to gear almost 100% differently for each option a blu has. For example when I do breath attacks I have about 4m in HP + gear and had to go threw the hassle of getting a BQ ring to boost my hp even higher, and in addition to make sure my accuracy was good I capped magic accuracy and got the full set of cobra gear (mage side) which was about 200ish AN (not including body, used magus+1 for sure). And thats just for breath nuking ;/. I'm able to keep somewhat up with blms doing that, say ... on par with a newly 75 blm with no merits and no endgame gear.

So be versatile, but NOT at the same time.
If you plan on DD'ing for exp, focus all of your spell settings and gear for it, dont try to compensate and do a little DD'ing and a little buffing and curing on the side, this is one of the things that messes a focus of a blu's potential up.

If you wanna tank, at campaign for example or even an HNM (ive done it a few times pretty well) then focus all your spell sets and gear on that.
If you try to do both then its just gonna end badly most of the time.

Like I stated above I do tank and DD at campaign but cmon, it is campaign.
The only reason DD'ing while tanking is even possible while at campaign is because of the Bull necklaces massive +25 str, I can swap all my other gear just the same but wouldn't be into "DD stats" without it, cause im using tacos and slightly different spell sets.

Unless other gear like that get added though I would not count on focusing on more then one role "at the same time".

Some things are situational of course, I like to argue that diamondhide for the melee party in dynamis is pro, despite the MP cost while DD'ing. But.... if you make real little compensations like this, you need to have a way to reinforce yourself mp wise. Luckily you can MP drainkiss statues.

But being this is about exp parties, find one focus, put it all into that focus, THEN go from there to find your uh, "Blu center" lol. As long as you can keep doing max damage and keep your mp up without relying on others then fine, only after that should any and by any i mean ANY kind of additional role be considered.

I realize some of the points in this post contradict each other, but there is a reason for it. The reason is that a blu should initially only have one focus, and put everything into it, be it a DD focus, a nuking focus, etc. And only then if the MP can be regained on your own self reliance should you "then" add something else. If you can't regain that MP without someone else to give it to you then don't do it and stick with one focus.

And the end lol.
p.s. blu/sch pretty good but blu/dnc takes the cake by far in campaign. She never ran out with one mob , try tanking 10 :P
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Icephase
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-06-27 04:40:17  
ok well here goes XD

I've gotta answer that question and answer a few misleading
quotes...

At 30- all jobs are rather useless anyway ??...if your veiwing it on a level 75+ mentality

For example..about mp reliance..smn only healing isn't their only function in a party just cos they got more mp...so the narrow minded people cause summoners to be gimped at level 10+ ..in forced set up parties..and then they have to do burn parties to get skill ups.. this wasn't the way the game was intended.
if this game is only good with certain jobs then why not get rid of all the jobs and just have 2 in the game! WHM + SAM !! lmao

nor is blu a useless job
problem is people have narrow minds how a party can be created..

TBH if the PLD is no good.. i reckon i wouldn't wanna be in that party anyway.. as any job

There is bad WHM's just as there is bad Blm's.. and you can't view a job by others that play it badly..reason for this is noobs leveling up to 75 in an hour and not really learning the job.. and also players having 7 level 75's but forget which macro set up they have .. and never really learning them for long.. i could level all my jobs to 75-80 but i don't want to.. i want to be a master of a few jobs not novice at all of em !!

..And as for the rdm casting refresh.. well if a rdm don't like using refresh.. then why should a whm cast haste too
..and keep spamming that on players!!

If you don't like using a spell then perhaps that job isn't right for you.

If i say as king of the linkshells.. sch is useless.. then you might believe me.. yet people were saying that when that job first came out.
Now everyone says /sch please yes yes more mp... this just means they are lazy in parties.. and want an easier ride for playing badly.

Also....Campaign wasn't meant for people forced to level up their jobs for 40k exp..and gimp their skills... cos there's no invites..
.....however the old Bard trick of standing in campaign to reach 75 <now resolved by SE >..is now the new trick for campaigners too... gimp your skills > and let your future parties bleed to death and pay the price in level 80 zones whilst you skill up.. rather a noob mentality going on here.

I hear them all say.."cos i wanna reach level 80 in 4 hours" lmao.. boo boo boo.. cry!!!

hope i bring clarity to the table XD :)

Ice

Fenrir.Akuma
サーバ: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-27 06:50:09  
honestly I didn't have a problem lvl'ing my blu/nin, never had a problem keeping up with other DD's or with my mp(unless I was helping cure too much). When they removed the cap and boosted lvls to 80 I found myself going /dnc for aspir samba as well as acc bonus. Only the past 2 days have I had an issue getting a pt, but until my blu hits 80 I ain't changing to sam or war to just make people happy lol *** that blu's too much fun :D.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By darkchildv86 2010-06-27 07:31:39  
as an elvaan blu i can rutinely out parse a sam on g colibri using sword dot and disseverment +mp drainkiss.. if you cant do 1k ddisseverment at 75 your doing it wrong and my gear is ok at best.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-27 07:41:34  
darkchildv86 said:
As an Elvaan BLU i can routinely out parse a SAM on Greater Colibri using sword DoT and Disseverment + MP Drainkiss.. If you can't do 1K Disseverment at 75 your doing it wrong and my gear is okay at best.

I don't know what kind of SAM you have been pting with, but a decently geared SAM will blow any BLU out of the water.

Edit: Also fixed your post in my quote, was utter crap >.>
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-27 07:54:18  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
darkchildv86 said:
As an Elvaan BLU i can routinely out parse a SAM on Greater Colibri using sword DoT and Disseverment MP Drainkiss.. If you can't do 1K Disseverment at 75 your doing it wrong and my gear is okay at best.

I don't know what kind of SAM you have been pting with, but a decently geared SAM will blow any BLU out of the water.

Edit: Also fixed your post in my quote, was utter crap >.>

I guess you never played with a real Blu...I'm not saying SAM won't out perform a Blu in a meripo but no way in hell will a good Blu get blow out the water lmao...if Blu is getting blown away then he is doing it wrong...2 Blu spells = 1 Sam Ws...so if you know how to manage your MP no sam or any other job will Blow a Blu out the water period...again I said a good Blu the 25% not the 75% percent of lost/gimp/no idea how to play the job Blu that are out there.
 Fenrir.Akuma
サーバ: Fenrir
user: nasamoo
By Fenrir.Akuma 2010-06-27 08:06:00  
I know what these guys saying, I get sad if my spells get resisted and I go under 900, on adverage my solo sc's do around 1500-2200 pending reistance.. and that's with pretty poor gear, still trying to test other gear set ups and get a few pieces as well as determine if macc is better than acc for the big three.. if anyone knows plz tell me lol.
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-06-27 08:16:48  
I always set Auto-Refresh and Conserve MP as job traits,
but I don't mind not getting exp party invites. We solo imps with ease, and I get quite a bit of exp/hr.

And, now with Regeneration (10hp/tick), Battery Charge (4mp/tick), and Animating Wail (good haste), amongst all the other new spells and settable traits, you can keep your tired cookie cutter exp parties! BLU can stand on their own!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-27 08:33:38  
People usually subbed NIN for the shadows more than the offhand sword... that was just a bonus, really. If I don't need shadows, I'll be /SCH, /THF, or /WAR instead.
[+]