New Items
users online
Need advice
 Asura.Twotones
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-02-03 02:30:15  
About 2 years ago my mom was digging to plant flowers and im not sure if she cut the phone line all the way thru but got phone company to come out and I think she said they spliced it. Now with those years gone by it got worst and if not for my router keeping me alive but to do this i had to bridge the modem and kept me playing ffxi but here lately I have been losing conection when people call and when it either rains/snows. I tweaked my computer to get best internet speed which is 1.55 out of 1.5mbps download and about 370-400 upload on my dsl but will drop to like 500 download sometimes. Question is what should I do and is this dangerous for it to do this also will the phone company come replace the line for free if not how much from pole to house is about 200 ft i guss.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-03 02:31:53  
This is definitely something that should be professionally done. *** at your ISP to fix this. Threaten to switch providers if they BS you or give you the runabout.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-03 02:42:52  
I had this same problem with my phone line, it would go out when it would rain, so they had to come out and replace the whole line. I pay extra on my bill per month to have them come repair things for free, so I can't give you an idea on how much it would cost to repair, sorry.
 Asura.Twotones
By Asura.Twotones 2010-02-03 03:18:44  
Asura.Artemicion said:
This is definitely something that should be professionally done. *** at your ISP to fix this. Threaten to switch providers if they BS you or give you the runabout.

Lol I thought of doing this but I cant understand them they cant speak english that good its earthlink beside I think it would be phone company to do anything since they spliced/semi fix the line.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-02-03 03:47:16  
phone line is super easy to fix if u know where the splice was done. If that is the problem to start with. there are 6 wires "that are not gonna zap u at all" all u need is a new connector from radio shack will probly cost $2.

be sure to match the colors correctly lol
 Asura.Twotones
By Asura.Twotones 2010-02-03 13:12:48  
Hades.Altimaomega said:
phone line is super easy to fix if u know where the splice was done. If that is the problem to start with. there are 6 wires "that are not gonna zap u at all" all u need is a new connector from radio shack will probly cost $2.

well i know how to wire stuff up did generators and such couple years ago to homes.
So if thats all i need do i need to get anything to protect it from rain or snow cause its underground and do I need to have it turned off and by chance you know what the item I need is called?
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2010-02-04 19:35:35  
Asura.Twotones said:
Hades.Altimaomega said:

well i know how to wire stuff up did generators and such couple years ago to homes.
So if thats all i need do i need to get anything to protect it from rain or snow cause its underground and do I need to have it turned off and by chance you know what the item I need is called?

ive spliced mine several time's and never needed to turn anything off. any kind of outdoor sealant should work fine, i put pvp pipe over mine then sealed it to be extra sure. cant think of what the part is called for it, pretty sure the ppl at the store will know.