PS3 Finally Hacked!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » PS3 Finally Hacked!
PS3 Finally Hacked!
 Fairy.Spiriel
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2010-01-26 16:14:28  
Asura.Artemicion said:
I recall there being a "hack" or "mod" to the PSP that allowed you to play virtually any PS1 ROM that was loaded on your memory chip. Did Sony bitchslap everyone with new firmware that restricts the usage if changed?
Not quite as simple to do as you stated, nor as reliable. Some games worked better under different firmware than others.

But every single firmware released since then made it progressively harder and harder to hack. It took almost half a year before a custom 5.5 firmware was released, iirc. A number of publishers have also stated that pirates make it "not financially feasible" to develop for the PSP.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-01-26 20:13:08  
Remora.Dubont said:
With linux installed on the system, the PS3 has the capability to run 360 games which is a feature that is very key in the console war debate bs
uh, what?

I'm very interested in the solution you propose to run DirectX-only games on an openGL-based console without having so much overhead as to render the game unplayable.

edit
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Asura.Artemicion said:
So in other words, new PSPs can't be modified to run emulators?
Correct.
Inaccurate. The new PSP GOs have not been cracked [because no one buys them], but as far as I know the slim was cracked, and the regular fat PSPs have been regularly cracked with each firmware upgrade.

To whoever said you can't crack past 1.50, I just dug out my PSP that I had updated awhile ago which is running cracked 5.00 firmware.

The method, as far as I can remember, is you grab a game like Lumines or GTA that has a weakness in the save files, load a cracked file onto your memory stick, and follow the steps to downgrade to 1.0 [or 1.5] firmware, and then upgrade to various cracked firmwares after that. The more recent versions can update themselves when a new firmware crack is available.

Alternately you can buy or make a special battery for the PSP that makes it boot into service mode where you can load anything you want, taking the bad games out of the equation. It's called a Pandora Battery.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-26 22:49:47  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
To whoever said you can't crack past 1.50, I just dug out my PSP that I had updated awhile ago which is running cracked 5.00 firmware.

The method, as far as I can remember, is you grab a game like Lumines or GTA that has a weakness in the save files, load a cracked file onto your memory stick, and follow the steps to downgrade to 1.0 [or 1.5] firmware, and then upgrade to various cracked firmwares after that. The more recent versions can update themselves when a new firmware crack is available.

To me downgrading firmware isn't the same as cracking it. It's like saying you cracked Nero 10 when you just installed Nero 7 that was already cracked.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-01-26 23:15:05  
I will simplify since you don't seem to get it.

1. You get a PSP with 3.0+ official, 'uncrackable' FW.
2. You downgrade to the very crackable 1.0
3. You upgrade to the cracked current firmware, 5.X M33 and play any game you want.

As an added note, Sony added the ability to play PS1 games, so you don't even have to crack the PSP. [as best as I can remember] You just download the games, or rip your own ISOs through a converter. [the name of which escapes me]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-27 00:02:38  
Reminds me that the time ppl have been cracking the Nin roms and the old times, the 'actual' arcade roms.

I think though with M.A.M.E or Multi arcade machine Emulator, ppl found a way to get readers from radioshack or these cpu places, and b4 Arcades became absolete, they took the old wooden boxes broke them down and just infiltrated the system hardware.

There was going to be a time that the 80's arcade would die, they just wanted a way to perserve them.

So this hacker is just trying to find way to "perserve" his ps2..

IDK, still too new to me, but give it a decade or 2, then yea, Hack the ***outa the ps2, but your to early pal, give it some time.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-01-27 00:48:22  
lol he has great power
 Asura.Ryanryu
サーバ: Asura
user: Ryanryu
By Asura.Ryanryu 2010-01-27 07:49:01  
i have a friend hu put a chip directly onto the motherboard of his PS3 which allowed him to download games 4 free, psp can be hack easily as well.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-27 08:07:37  
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:
I will simplify since you don't seem to get it.

1. You get a PSP with 3.0 official, 'uncrackable' FW.
2. You downgrade to the very crackable 1.0
3. You upgrade to the cracked current firmware, 5.X M33 and play any game you want.

As an added note, Sony added the ability to play PS1 games, so you don't even have to crack the PSP. [as best as I can remember] You just download the games, or rip your own ISOs through a converter. [the name of which escapes me]
No, I got it. I just don't think it deserves as much credit as it gets. If the current firmware is cracked to begin with, why the downgrade? It tells me that it's halfassed at best. Considering the failures of the crack that I've heard, I'd say that's a fair assesment.
 Asura.Bismuth
サーバ: Asura
user: Xalioniaf
By Asura.Bismuth 2010-01-27 09:40:26  
It's downgraded because patching CFW takes advantage of security holes that were patched in future versions. While I'm sure they could look for ways to patch newer firmwares, it's a wasted effort that could be used towards something like developing a new firmware.