Serious Salvage Group Looking For One Member.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Serious Salvage Group Looking for one member.
Serious Salvage Group Looking for one member.
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-01-20 17:58:24  
Are there any tricks to getting 35 drops that I don't know about? Because that many completed pieces only since September to me is absurd. Same with 12 35s in 19 runs. And my group is 6x week :(
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
サーバ: Fairy
user: Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 18:54:05  
There is no secret that I know of. Like I said, we have been lucky on drops. We have had a few dry spells also. It happens. This month has been better than normal for us.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 19:07:38  
The amount of Bhaf runs we've done where 1st floor rampart doesn't even pop a gd NM is almost enough to make me /ragequit. We went 7 runs in a row without it popping an NM, next run it popped a few NM's but didn't drop, and then went back to just not popping NM's for us again -_-

The only 35 drop we've seen recently is marduk body, which the one person that actually wanted it already has it. The first spare of this was taken and is now actually used by our static brd, so that actually worked out, but then we've had 2 more of that drop, without seeing any other 35's anywhere else. We have a very even run distribution, cycling through each of the 4 runs, and switching between NM/boss runs in a way that gives them all equal coverage. (of course, some runs like Bhaf we can do both)

</rant>

Point of the story is I hate you for being so lucky on drops -_-
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 19:19:34  
We also have done that many Bhaf runs without seeing any NM's. I know exactly what you mean. We also run each run in rotation every four days so all is evenly distributed. We did do a couple extra Bhaf runs during the holidays since no one wanted to miss any run even after I scheduled them off. Rarely saw an NM and no drops. Then we did a Bhaf run this month and got two usu feet and one skadi mask in the same run. It will happen..keep in there and you will get lucky!
[+]
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-01-20 19:29:45  
Blazza. Dude. Took me 8 months for my group to get Usukane feet 35 to drop, and I was first on the list. I've came SO close to quitting I don't know how many damn times.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 19:32:17  
Took over a year of boss runs for me to get denali legs and I was first on the list for that lol. We've literally had about 12 pairs of askar legs drop though.

</offtopic>

But yeah, we're sticking with it lol, just sucks that NONE of my gear is dropping lol, only me and one other person in the static that doesn't have a single piece completed yet.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 19:35:10  
For me for usu shoes, we had went over a year, only ever seeing one pair (and on like one of the first runs we had), so I passed them to someone else, thinking nothing of it. A year down the road I was still kicking myself. Going 3-4 times a week, still hadn't seen another pair (and we used to spam bhaf a lot). So about the year and a half point, our shell had slowed down to open up to new events to 2 salvages per week. The other 5 days a week, I made pick up runs, shouting sometimes for hours. Had to teach ppl how to pass every run. Sometimes got good players, other's complete newbs to salvage who even had to ask me how to get a permit. 3 weeks of this, 5 days a week, and I finally get my 35 usu shoes, only for the 25 to take another 3 months to drop -.-
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-20 19:35:54  
Fairy.Jorden said:
There is no secret that I know of. Like I said, we have been lucky on drops. We have had a few dry spells also. It happens. This month has been better than normal for us.

been duppin.
[+]
 Fairy.Baelfael
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-01-20 20:05:30  
Lol Freakin' Olga!
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 20:18:47  
Lol ~ Fun times Bael!
[+]
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-01-20 20:39:42  
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
I don't know why i can't quote Blazza, but this post is dedicated to you dude ^^ : I wouldn't really give a ***about gear, if i know that the people i'm doing this with are using me to get themselves gears first. It's like being a slave, you get the leftovers from whatever they don't need anymore. Well yea, if you're okay with that, i have nothing else to say. And no, they don't just like to troll. They just don't want people to make the same mistake as they did again and again and profit the others, seeing the negative responses from different people from Fairy, not just from 1 person, i can see who's right who's wrong here.
Perhaps you're right too, I didn't read that closely and just thought it was the same two people having a go at them each time, there's a few more than two now that I look a bit more closely though. Even still, the amount of gear they've acquired in under 5 months is quite impressive.
Yea when you do salvage 7 days a week, i'm doing in the same thing in Bahamut lol since August. But, our rules are quite fair, and i have only obtained 4 completed pieces, not 20 haha that's just ridiculous.

im not taking up for no one nor do i know anyone here... but...
ive started salavge in march of 2009 going 7days a week and in by july 2009 (5months) -NO BULL ***- ive completed 4 pieces of gear and obtained 3 35' >.>; as a new comer *i would like to take this time and thank the members of SalvageKnights ls (Asura Sever) for all the items ive gain with them* R.I.P salvageknights. ls broke around august 2009 because the LS leader had a change of jobs (and he happened to complete his set >.>) BUT. i was happy getting 4 completed items (usu body,head / murdk hands/feet) and 3 35's (usu feet,morrg hands/head)in such short amount of time...
NOW..
im in a ls that does salavge 4 days a week started around october 2009 till now and gotten 3 completed item (usu feet/legs, morrg head) and 1 35 (morrg legs) in a 4month period. sooo its not hard getting gear it just depends on how well ur Ls does salavge.

back to the point: if u only got 4 completed items in 6 months of doing salvage 7days a week... your ls is either
a) not good
b) not lucky
or
c) really not all that fair... (unless u dont have mulitiple jobs for different gear sets)

on a side note: i really miss salavgeknights ; ; i love salavge and would love to go 7days a week again. i literally do nothing but salavge & fish... if i can go 7days a week again i would in a heart beat! why couldnt u guys be on asura ; ; or vis-versa
[+]
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-01-20 23:58:52  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Most use is a shitty system rly. If you put in the work, should get an equal shot. What exactly is your definition of most use? Let's say we have someone w/ mnk vs someone w/ mnk sam nin for usu shoes. Mnk sam nin wins by default? Or how about This guy is our main tank so he gets priority on usu shoes. Then you have a rdm who also comes to every run, who doesn't even want to be on rdm but comes on the job because you've asked them to. They get punished for that by being put further back on the list?

I mostly agree with Maimed on his assessment of lotting and gear distribution. There are lots of variables to consider and no one player's situation is the same. My situation is a tad different because while my salvage groups are both composed of LS members, what they do in the LS deserves to be weighed in but not given too much merit. In general yes, I try to go by who can get the most use out of an item they want. All of our members get to pick 4 pieces of gear they want. When we get low, down to 1-2 left for each person, generally we have everyone pick 2 more etc.

I will give you an example of the kinds of decisions we have to make. Out of the items they requested say two players picked Morrigan Legs. One player always comes SAM to salvage (almost always plays DD jobs outside of salvage but recently levelled RDM to 75), the other always comes WHM (but often plays BLM outside of salvage). Both have been in the shell the same amount of time. To me I think it would be an error to ignore the fact that the WHM/BLM player will get more use out of this piece than the SAM who levelled RDM but rarely plays it. Will that SAM still get his gear, you are damn right, but maybe it should go to the other player first.

To me lotting everything just because you can and ignoring the best use of a piece of gear is wasting that gear.

Just like me as the leader and most senior member of my salvage group lotting and taking an Ares body (for my dark) that goes freelot over another member who has PLD but for some reason didn't list the cuirass on his lotting list would be a waste and to some extent an abuse of my position.

Just because you CAN take something, doesn't mean you should.

[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-21 00:16:51  
Well let's reverse it since more ppl tend to enjoy DD's and they're generally more preferred. Let's say you have the sam and the rdm. The rdm IS a sam main, but is asked to come rdm to every event based on need. To me, putting him on the back burner for coming the job he less prefers, is rather *** up.
[+]
 Fairy.Baelfael
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-01-21 00:21:59  
If someone's gonna make pivotal use of a piece of gear or two, generally they're gonna comment that piece or put it on their wish-list. Otherwise, freelot is freelot. Especially if you can wear it, all the more reason to lot it.
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-01-21 04:12:58  
I'm generally PLD, RDM, or MNK to any event, but I have SMN levelled. Will I lot anything Marduk's just because I can? No. That, to me, is fairly inconsiderate. Just like I would hope someone who has PLD but never plays it wouldn't lot a Valor Surcoat just to store the set.

Wish lists, especially those created under point systems, generally comprise only the absolutely most desired equipment you can get from an event, since the number of items on them are limited. Someone like myself, who only has four (one is which is rarely used) jobs, but can benefit from three different Salvage sets, cannot pick all the pieces I'd really like to have. I have to prioritize. Then something that I could put to good use goes freelot because it's not on a list, and people lot just because they can, and what winds up happening is what you see here. A couple people with a dozen jobs lot anything and everything just because they can, and wind up taking the lion's share of the loot, despite doing no more or less work than everyone else.

Point systems, and freelotting especially, in my experience, lead only to "loot whoring," which appears to be a sticking point with regards to this linkshell. Every circumstance is unique, but that's just how it seems to play out whenever I run across that kind of distribution system.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-21 05:42:51  
There's a diff between wanting to play it, but your ls not letting you because they're always asking you to come on another job (and let's say you play it on your own time when not at events), and not wanting to play it at all.

Going back to my rdm example, let's say that person doesn't want a single piece of morg. They shouldn't be forced into that category, or away from usu, as a punishment of having more jobs available to their shell for the purpose of being more versatile.

No matter which way you look at it, it's a *** move, imo.

I'm not saying ok I have this this this this and this lv'd so I need to lot all these sets, I'm saying, I have this this this and this lv'd, but I consider this to be my main job, the one I care about most, and would like to lot this, even if you force me to come rdm to every event.
[+]
 Fairy.Tedwardian
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-01-21 05:43:28  
when it comes to what is legit, there is a few elements to be taken into consideration. all of which have been addressed in previous posts so i wont regurgitate. what i see as a rule of thumb is laying out who is going for what. in salvage your working with a small group of players. if wishlists are set up then players on the list can lot. point blank period. do they they need need to be 75? do they use that job? are they on list to lot? thats for leaders to decide, set wishlist rules and obey them. if everything is upfront nobody can complain.. i mean ***somebody can complain but all you do is send them to the rule sheet. i did salvage for close to 9 months, fives days a week and did not have a single issue w/ lotting order. we all knew the score.
i think this is the 3rd post?.. that has been smashed with issue. good luck and all that but can we acknowledge that gear does not make the player ie: does that refresh hat make up for the fact that the mfkr is a retard? just saying. oh... and i would like to apologize to all the retards who won a lot! ^^ hahaha jokes but we all know.
[+]
 Fairy.Merow
user: geefresh
By Fairy.Merow 2010-01-21 08:08:19  
I was the recent member that left due to college starting back up again and my schedule having too many early classes. Idk why you guys complain so much about this group there was NO DRAMA in the salvage group at all. Everything runs on a tier system backed up by a point system so obviously if you join now you will be well behind the people who have been there for awhile. But since most of the group has plenty of pieces from salvage you'll notice certain 35s just go free lot since everyone else has it. I finished my skadi's bazubands and got usu legs within I think 3 days on trial. So basically if you want to get salvage gear join this group you cant possibly go more that 7 times a week (7 full runs not just kill 1 nm and peace). Besides how many of your groups, for those of you who even do salvage, can say they cleared Armored Chariot with no shadows on either mnk, due to sick drops on previous lamia, in ~5 minutes with no deaths. We didnt even need the boss because everyones capped on the 25s from it, we were just dicking around.

For those of you who bash Gold Salvage have fun not getting any salvage gear. =^.^=

also those of you who complained about jorden and khaiden getting "too much" gear. How many of you can say you passed usu body to another member because they would get more use out of it? or skadi legs and ares legs?

: and for who ever asked if it was really necessary that people have the gear for their jobs that Gold Salvage asks for. Their is a huge difference between 3/tick ballad and 5/tick ballad (with storm fife) and on rdm when the only gear you have is head and/or body and the brd doesnt have magic yet for w.e reason it get's hard keeping refresh's and haste's up and phalanx II. And while some of you might think having all that isn't really needed try doing salvage without it. Haste on early floors will take alot of time off of whats usually the slower floors because of lack of gear/abilities and using phalanx ii really minimizes the amount of curing you have to do and sometimes, like in bhaflau or ssr, not have to cure at all because your mnks take 0 dmg literally. In this group I have played mnk rdm and brd almost and even amount of times so I've seen salvage from basically every angle. Salvage is easy you just need to play your job right. That includes brd because your aren't just there to sing songs; know how to pull and not die, and toss cures when needed.
[+]
 Fairy.Vestal
user: miperich
By Fairy.Vestal 2010-01-21 10:11:51  
As a member of this salvage group since November I cannot say enough about how wonderful it has been on many levels. I was in no way a salvage expert when I joined this group, I had done my fair share or runs and had attempted to form a few less successful groups. Since I have joined I have completed 3 peices from my wish list, I have also received 2 peices that went to freelot including skadi boots just last night. I have also lost lots on items on both my list as well as Jorden/khaiden depending on the item. I will not attempt to speak for anything prior to November because I was not a part of this group nor do I care to hear any stories. What I can say for anybody interested in doing salvage 7 days a week CORRECTLY, this group will not dissappoint. For anybody who wishes to do salvage with a skilled group of players who get along well both inside and out of the event, this group will not dissappoint. As for the fairness of run schedual and drops, the rules are stated and the leaders do not stray from them, I personally had an issue with some things I did not understand and spoke with khaiden and Jorden and they were mote than willing to explain and fill me in on what I had not understood. After speaking with them everything was cleared up as they are fair people. The runs have never changed due to either of them, their wants, or anything. This means we do the mms that everybody needs every night nomatter who that person is. I can say I have watched Jorden pass usukane body to a member she felt it was better suited for, skadi pants also. Basically this is one he'll of a group both in success and skill. We get lucky on drops sure, but we also kill more than any group I have ever been in or spoken to, with the exception of possibly xswifts group because i'm sure he cleared the whole zone just by using his incus cell because he was amazing!!!!!!!!! Haha anyway.... Goldsalvage is fir real. Join and pass trial and you won't be upset.
P.s. Muramasamune owes me child support.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-21 18:53:50  
So, now that damn near every member of the current shell has commented with nothing but good things to say, perhaps people can stop pointing fingers and stfu about things they have no idea about?
[+]
 Fairy.Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-01-21 20:17:13  
Fairy.Merow said:
also those of you who complained about jorden and khaiden getting "too much" gear. How many of you can say you passed usu body to another member because they would get more use out of it? or skadi legs and ares legs?

FYI: I help lead this group, and if any of you know Lysol it would have been ridiculous for me to lot against him.

Fairy.Merow
By Fairy.Merow 2010-01-21 21:18:15  
Seeing someone pass on gear that has a drop rate like that does is really rare. Seeing as how you are both leaders of your respective groups then you can see how something drops that you can lot but don't really need and just because you have lotting rights to that piece doesn't mean you should take it. I don't see where all the drama is coming from towards the group because I can assure you there is none in this group. Things that happened in previous groups don't pertain to this one. This group has been successful since it started. Yes, people have left, but it's because they had real life things they needed to take care of. None one has left because they didn't get to lot something. And what most of the people in this forum are failing to realize is that with the way the lotting system is set up it's quite easy to get a lot of gear, although it probably isn't one of the more important pieces. There are plenty of 35s that aren't on anyone's lists right now simply because we don't really want them. Two of the four things that were on my want list, I was the only person in the group that had wanted them so they would have been mine if they dropped. Just because I won 2 things this past week doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to lot those 2 things on my list. Alot of pieces that jorden and khaiden won were little things like marduk pieces that no body wants or extra skadi and usu things that the group is completely capped on. And since this group runs on a tiered point system it is harder for new members to get gear but that is reasonable. Why should some one who just joined be able to lot on something when they haven't put in anywhere near the time the rest of the group has. And if you've done salvage before you know the terrible drop rates everything has to begin with. If you aren't in the group you have no right to complain about who gets what because no one in the group complains.

Back on topic if you want to get salvage gear and can put in the time for 7 complete runs a week post an app for this group because you'll get what you want as long as you put in the effort for it. You aren't given the gear you want, you have to earn it.

Odin.Blazza said:
So, now that damn near every member of the current shell has commented with nothing but good things to say, perhaps people can stop pointing fingers and stfu about things they have no idea about?

^ Thank you at least some one here understands things ^
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-22 14:17:32  
Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fairy.Merow said:
FYI: I help lead this group, and if any of you know Lysol it would have been ridiculous for me to lot against him.

LMFAO. You took a screenshot of yourself passing on an item? I suppose we should screenshot every good deed we ever do just in case we need to post about it in the future.

This is so sad I think I'm actually going to cry from laughter.

It reminds me of the comedian who joked about a white friend who wasn't prejudiced in beliefs but could count exactly how many black people have entered his home and exactly for how long..

Epic screenshot.
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-22 14:26:43  
Do you think its possible that she took a SS of it dropping maybe?
 Fairy.Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-01-22 15:11:31  
I took a screen shot of it dropping. Max's tells to me just happened to be in it. I first posted this in April on BG to celebrate Lysol's drop, which is how I even found this old SS. It was accompanied by a second SS of Lysol wearing the 35. :) Sorry Maimed, try again.

And actually Merow, it's not rare, in my group at least. Several very deserving people who have had the ability to lot items have passed them to others who they thought could better use the item or would appreciate it more. It just takes unselfish people who actually care about their static members.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-22 15:49:52  
Fairy.Maimed said:
LMFAO. You took a screenshot of yourself passing on an item? I suppose we should screenshot every good deed we ever do just in case we need to post about it in the future.

This is so sad I think I'm actually going to cry from laughter.

It reminds me of the comedian who joked about a white friend who wasn't prejudiced in beliefs but could count exactly how many black people have entered his home and exactly for how long..

Epic screenshot.

You are an idiot.
 Fairy.Merow
By Fairy.Merow 2010-01-22 15:55:34  
Well then as you can see our group is made up of unselfish people who care about their members because people do pass gear they don't need here too. Stop trying to put our group down no one in this group is complaining. The only people complaining were never part of this group.
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-22 16:13:43  
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
LMFAO. You took a screenshot of yourself passing on an item? I suppose we should screenshot every good deed we ever do just in case we need to post about it in the future. This is so sad I think I'm actually going to cry from laughter. It reminds me of the comedian who joked about a white friend who wasn't prejudiced in beliefs but could count exactly how many black people have entered his home and exactly for how long.. Epic screenshot.
You are an idiot.

^

:D
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-22 17:40:26  
For the record, Jorden can PM Alyria or Anye and ask them to ban certain people from this topic if you want. You've done a good job of defending yourself and keeping it clean, but this is about to fall into name-calling.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-22 17:45:09  
NERD!