Serious Salvage Group Looking For One Member.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Serious Salvage Group Looking for one member.
Serious Salvage Group Looking for one member.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-01-20 06:17:46  
The title kinda applies to my salvage group too, also obviously on Fairy, we run 3x a week 9:30pm GMT tuesday wednesday and thursday. We are seeking a new member needs to have thf or brd basically is all and must want skadi, marduk and/or ares gear set all of which are free and no current member is down for except one member needing 35 demios cuisses still.

If youre new to salvage with a lowassault rank this is fine I can assist you to get ap, ideally you have sl rank for red vs blue assault as im able to get you 5k ap in 20mins on blm.

There is no linkshell website and its not actually a linkshell just a group of friends, didnt see the need to make a linkshell to represent us for 300mins a week we would have it equipped. Data is stored on my home created spreadsheets and all is done fairly. For testimonials or information from current members please ask, Huguito, Bahamuth, Biggysmalls, Lestate, Moraelis and more recently... Baelfael :D Look foward to hearing from you.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 07:42:27  
I know people just love to troll, but why so much drama? Honestly, if I was on the server and met the requirements I'd join. If they've only been together since September and got that much gear, then it's obvious they're doing something right. Ok, maybe, just maybe the leaders are getting the lions share of the drops, but they're also running out of things they need at this stage, which means a better chance for a new person to the shell to get what they want. Getting into a GOOD salvage static is not an easy thing, especially not one that's dedicated enough to do 7 runs a week. So if that's what people are after, let them make their own decisions on this rather than accusing them of running a drama shell, so far in this thread all the drama has come from people outside of the shell, so I'm inclined to side with the OP.

And really, when it all comes down to it, the absolute worst thing that can happen is that you don't get any gear. Well ***, I've been doing salvage for about a year, killing every NM that we set out to kill at least 95% of the time and I haven't got ***. Sure we only do it once a week, with a very occasional extra run here and there, but that's still 50+ runs and not one completed piece simply thanks to ***luck.

So yeah, if you're interested in salvage and fill the requirements, my advice is to go for it, because whether the distribution is fair or not, it's still a better offer than you're likely to get anywhere else.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-20 08:05:10  
I did an astral flow burn with Jorden. Afterwards, she said company came over so she had to go disbanded. She promptly joined a group of her friends who were astral burning at the other end of the tunnel. I dropped their pearl.

This may seem trivial but I think it shows a lot about her character.

Khaiden always seemed like a decent guy though. But I wasn't with them long.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-20 08:38:47  
I've had bad experiences with a few GoldSalvage members outside of their events. I'm not naming names, but this does seem a trend that raises a few red flags.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-20 08:41:15  
I don't know why i can't quote Blazza, but this post is dedicated to you dude ^^ :

I wouldn't really give a ***about gear, if i know that the people i'm doing this with are using me to get themselves gears first.

It's like being a slave, you get the leftovers from whatever they don't need anymore.

Well yea, if you're okay with that, i have nothing else to say.

And no, they don't just like to troll. They just don't want people to make the same mistake as they did again and again and profit the others, seeing the negative responses from different people from Fairy, not just from 1 person, i can see who's right who's wrong here.
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
user: Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 09:04:04  
Such drama. Nelirook and Semoura I wish you all the best. It never happened like you seem to think and say but you are welcome to your take on this. I did nothing to you but you continue your evil against me. Nelirook was the one causing much of the drama and hence the breaking of the Gold Group. He was the main reason and you both know it. I could go into more detail but honestly I do not feel that I have to explain again why a group broke. It happens, move on. The mix of people in that group did not work and was not successful.

This group was reformed by Khaiden and anyone that could go 7 days a week would have been welcomed but Semoura, you were too busy back stabbing me to even talk to me about anything. I would have welcomed you into the group at anytime, if you were able to come 7 days a week. Instead you proceeded to slam me in any way you could. I personally do not hold a grudge and would even still welcome your application so not allowing you to join is ridiculous. I enjoyed your refreshing personality in the group along with your many talented jobs but you did not seem interested in coming with us and I understood that. Neli could not as he was not available for all runs. I simply thought you wanted to stay with him.

Khaiden and I had been doing salvage for much longer, and came to the group with many half finished pieces that we were able to finish with this group. We certainly did not get all the drops but you can believe what you want. Since I personally have all jobs at 75, I have probably lotted more free lot items than anyone because I can wear all of the gear. Khaiden can also since he also has a Maat's Cap. That is part of the reason that we do have more pieces. We do not have anymore pieces on our tier lists than the next person. Many are free lot items that others have or cannot wear or just plain do not want. Many members have come and gone because the everynight schedule is very demanding. Many are unable to stay with due to real life issues so yes, people have been replaced. Some people simply got what they wanted and decided they did not want to do salvage every night. That was their choice.

Our drops are determined by a point system that is attendance based. It does favor the people that have been in the group longer as most any linkshell does. I do not know of any linkshell that let you join one day and be lotting the most desirable pieces the next day. That would apply to any end game linkshell and I do not apologize for it.

The only thing this post was for was to look for a new member. Again, if anyone is interested, please send me a tell in game or a message here. Our standards are high for new members and we are one of the most successful groups in salvage and demand it.

There is no drama in our linkshell so that is not an issue. The drama is only from people outside it... even down to Spence.. he was never a part of this group.. he did Limbus with us a few times is all. The other people from Fairy.. well I have never even met you...much less the people from other servers..
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 09:04:23  
Bahamut.Leonelf said:
I don't know why i can't quote Blazza, but this post is dedicated to you dude ^^ :

I wouldn't really give a ***about gear, if i know that the people i'm doing this with are using me to get themselves gears first.

It's like being a slave, you get the leftovers from whatever they don't need anymore.

And no, they don't just like to troll. They just don't want people to make the same mistake as they did again and again and profit the others, seeing the negative responses from different people from Fairy, not just from 1 person, i can see who's right who's wrong here.
Perhaps you're right too, I didn't read that closely and just thought it was the same two people having a go at them each time, there's a few more than two now that I look a bit more closely though. Even still, the amount of gear they've acquired in under 5 months is quite impressive.
 Bahamut.Leonelf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-01-20 09:17:47  
Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Leonelf said:

Perhaps you're right too, I didn't read that closely and just thought it was the same two people having a go at them each time, there's a few more than two now that I look a bit more closely though. Even still, the amount of gear they've acquired in under 5 months is quite impressive.

Yea when you do salvage 7 days a week, i'm doing in the same thing in Bahamut lol since August.
But, our rules are quite fair, and i have only obtained 4 completed pieces, not 20 haha that's just ridiculous.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 09:18:43  
Odin.Blazza said:
Even still, the amount of gear they've acquired in under 5 months is quite impressive.
I've gone on 3-4 runs w/ them as a guest and I will have to agree. They know their stuff. I was impressed w/ the runs I went to and I've been doing salvage since the permits were 2,000 assault points. Personally, they're more efficient than my current group (although it isn't salvage only so can't rly limit ppl from coming to my style of 6-7 man runs that work best).

My only complaint in going w/ them is Vent, as I prefer to listen to music while I play.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 09:25:58  
Also, I've known Jorden for a long time now and she's never done any wrong towards me. Now while I'm not hanging out w/ her 24/7 and can't speak for other people's interactions w/ her, just giving another perspective on it. She's always be kind and helpful towards me, personally.
[+]
By Fairy.Etoilemourante 2010-01-20 10:23:16  
Fairy.Nelirook said:
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!! just because: Jorden & Khaiden = 19 pieces of gear and everyone else = 21 pieces of gear that doesent mean any thing!

LOL i want join !!! want is the jorden slave... lot only 15 ok ^^ XDD

in fairy ist usual leader want all before member... just make your ls ;) and good system for each ppl got same number piece.... ;)
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 10:30:17  
Fairy.Etoilemourante said:
Fairy.Nelirook said:
LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!! just because: Jorden & Khaiden = 19 pieces of gear and everyone else = 21 pieces of gear that doesent mean any thing!

LOL i want join !!! want is the jorden slave... lot only 15 ok ^^ XDD

in fairy ist usual leader want all before member... just make your ls ;) and good system for each ppl got same number piece.... ;)
I thought you were JP >.>
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 10:50:56  
This month out of 19 days of runs, we have had 12 ~ 35 pieces drop. Seven pieces were on a members list, five were free lot items.

Jorden-1
Khaiden-2
Disc - 2
Brenda- 3
Merow- 2
Vestal- 1
Socra- 0
Buyer- 1

Seems to be pretty evenly distributed to me. Socra only joined this month so was not able to lot much. Merow is leaving because he started school and cannot make the times everyday. We are simply looking for a new member to replace him. If interested, contact either me or Khaiden. We can do any run fine with six but welcome a seventh. Thanks.

[+]
 Fairy.Cailleach
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2010-01-20 11:37:17  
I'm gonna make one last post just to clarify where I'm coming from. First off I don't know any of the people in this shell personally. I only looked at the numbers on the post and was confused about why 2 people were getting 50% of the drops. This isn't the first post I've seen by Jorden looking for people so it really made me wonder.

Since making this post I have talked to a number of unhappy people that have left the shell who have contacted me. For what it's worth I'm just an outsider looking in. At least now people can make an educated decision on whether or not to join the group. If you're gonna make a public post looking for people don't be surprised when you get some unhappy responses.
[+]
 Fairy.Baelfael
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-01-20 11:52:48  
As an ex-member, I can definitely vouch for this group as very productive as well as fair. Of course if new people come into an LS their not going to be equal to points with those who've been in it from the start. Why should everyone's points be reset when someone has to go and new person joins? Then the only reason I left was because of a serious real life issue that factored on whether I had a home or not. As well as, for the record, I got several pieces of gear before Khaiden and a bunch of others that no one else seemed to want. x:
[+]
 Fairy.Khaiden
user: Khaiden
By Fairy.Khaiden 2010-01-20 11:55:41  
That is fine Cailleach. Posting here or in BG really hasn't worked out well for us. Instead of getting new members we get buyers and a bunch of unhappy comments O.O So we have to resort to shouting (hate it.)

All of the people who are against our lotting rules and the way we do it, feel free to tell us how your ls/group does it. Maybe we tweak our rules a bit.

To Leonelf, maybe your group does not get as many drops? You only have four pieces completed, how long have you been doing salvage? How many people do you take per run? Have people left your linkshell? The way you put it, seems like your leaders are getting all the loot :p
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 12:51:03  
Yes Cailleach,since you are in the same linkshell with Nelirook and Semoura, I am sure I know who you talked to and they are only former members of a group that no longer exists.. and honestly has nothing to do with anyone in this group. They were never in it. I got it from their posts here that they are disgruntled. Thanks for pointing it out again.

Thank you Baelfael. You were a good member of this group and I appreciate your defense. We were sorry to lose you.
[+]
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-01-20 14:16:49  
Fairy.Jorden said:
We certainly did not get all the drops but you can believe what you want. Since I personally have all jobs at 75, I have probably lotted more free lot items than anyone because I can wear all of the gear. Khaiden can also since he also has a Maat's Cap. That is part of the reason that we do have more pieces.

This right here is smoke and mirrors. You and Khaiden may have Maat's cap, but Nelirook has 9/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and one of each job to be able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares. Semoura has 7/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and the jobs able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares.

So why would it be that you came away with the lion's share of gear from your old and new group? It can't be because you are the only person with lots of jobs. In fact, that isn't the reason, now is it?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 14:28:03  
Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fairy.Jorden said:
We certainly did not get all the drops but you can believe what you want. Since I personally have all jobs at 75, I have probably lotted more free lot items than anyone because I can wear all of the gear. Khaiden can also since he also has a Maat's Cap. That is part of the reason that we do have more pieces.

This right here is smoke and mirrors. You and Khaiden may have Maat's cap, but Nelirook has 9/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and one of each job to be able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares. Semoura has 7/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and the jobs able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares.

So why would it be that you came away with the lion's share of gear from your old and new group? It can't be because you are the only person with lots of jobs. In fact, that isn't the reason, now is it?
My money is on the fact that the drops posted were from the current group, while Nelirook and Semoura are from the old group... If you'd learn to read you'd see that. I was in a dynamis shell a few years ago, stingy *** *** haven't given me any drops since I left, I mean wtf!
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 14:34:34  
Well Andrinne, Nelirook and Semoura were never in this group, ever, so that honestly does not apply. In that group we were not fortunate to get that many drops. Many times we were unable to even defeat the boss. We had too many people with the wrong jobs and many that did not get along. That is why the group disbanded.

In that group that I was in with them, I received two completed pieces.

One I got was my Marduk body, which I completed AFTER Nelirook got his... so yeah.

Again, I know you are in their linkshell but would be nice if you actually listened to the facts. They were never in this group. If they had stuck with it they would have many items also, but no, they did not. Semoura would have been eagerly welcomed since she does have many jobs if she could have come everyday.

I do admire how your linkshell sticks together. It is very inspiring.
[+]
 Fairy.Andrinne
user: Andrinne
By Fairy.Andrinne 2010-01-20 14:42:27  
Odin.Blazza said:
Fairy.Andrinne said:
Fairy.Jorden said:
This right here is smoke and mirrors. You and Khaiden may have Maat's cap, but Nelirook has 9/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and one of each job to be able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares. Semoura has 7/15 jobs required for Maat's cap and the jobs able to lot Morrigan's, Marduks, Skadi and Ares. So why would it be that you came away with the lion's share of gear from your old and new group? It can't be because you are the only person with lots of jobs. In fact, that isn't the reason, now is it?
My money is on the fact that the drops posted were from the current group, while Nelirook and Semoura are from the old group... If you'd learn to read you'd see that. I was in a dynamis shell a few years ago, stingy *** *** haven't given me any drops since I left, I mean wtf!

Sorry I should have quoted one sentence before where I started here is the full point:
Fairy.Jorden said:
Khaiden and I had been doing salvage for much longer, and came to the group with many half finished pieces that we were able to finish with this group. We certainly did not get all the drops but you can believe what you want. Since I personally have all jobs at 75, I have probably lotted more free lot items than anyone because I can wear all of the gear. Khaiden can also since he also has a Maat's Cap. That is part of the reason that we do have more pieces.

See that first sentence, first she says they CAME to the shell with many half-finished pieces then attributes it to her Maat's cap. Neli and Semoura were in that previous shell. You may need the reading lessons.

To Jorden, I don't care who's in my shell or not, I call *** where I see it. I run 2 very successful salvage groups and the drops are distributed based on who can most make use of them first, seniority in the group second.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 14:51:46  
Most use is a shitty system rly. If you put in the work, should get an equal shot. What exactly is your definition of most use? Let's say we have someone w/ mnk vs someone w/ mnk sam nin for usu shoes. Mnk sam nin wins by default?

Or how about
This guy is our main tank so he gets priority on usu shoes. Then you have a rdm who also comes to every run, who doesn't even want to be on rdm but comes on the job because you've asked them to. They get punished for that by being put further back on the list?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-01-20 14:54:33  
The only problem with your argument is that no-where does it say that Nelirook and Semoura don't also have half-completed pieces. No-where does it say that one side or the other got more or less completed pieces in the OLD group. And what the hell does it matter that "they came" to the shell? They've stated several times that it's an entirely new group from when Neli and Semoura were in it, whether or not it's physically the same linkshell doesn't actually make any difference. For all we know from reading this, Semoura and Nelirook may have had every single 25 and 35 piece that exists, yet they haven't got any drops because they're not in the shell.

Congratulations on your salvage groups and their clearly superior lotting systems, but that still doesn't mean that there's anything dodgy going on just because of a free-lot rule. It's quite possible that the drop system is set-up to advantage these two for being able to wear everything in Salvage, but so far, the only people that have bitched about them are either from the old group, or friends of people from their old group, or... w/e the *** you are. Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone that actually is, or has been in their current shell coming in here with a complaint. In fact the only people that have commented from the current shell have been giving praise, so yeah, the odds are looking more and more in the OPs favour.
[+]
 Fairy.Jorden
By Fairy.Jorden 2010-01-20 14:56:28  
Adrianne, you know nothing of our group nor do you know me. There are many reasons for having a lot of pieces, all of them play into it. You can call it however you like. I do not mind. You are entitled to your opinion but would be nice if you actually listened to the facts. How could Semoura and Nelirook get any drops in this group since they have never been in it?

Khaiden and I are the only two people that were in the group from the beginning. We have put much more time than anyone else. We both have many jobs that we can use the free lot items that many people are not interested in. We have also been fortunate in some of the drops on our wish lists. There is not any ONE thing that is a "reason."

Khaiden was in a salvage group before this one and I was in a salvage group before the group with Nelirook and Semoura. We both had pieces from way back and i personally had never found a group talented enough to do even most bosses....lol...

I am happy you run two very successful salvage groups and applaud your efforts since I know how difficult that can be. Your group is based on who can use a piece the most but then you have other issues that they do events with you other than salvage. Mine is based on seniority and wish lists and we currently only do salvage . I don't think that makes yours or mine right or wrong but you can see it how you like.

I am happy that we run one very successful salvage group as you can see by the number of completed pieces. Everyone that joins does know the lotting rules before becoming a member. I have never forced anyone to join.

Again, this was only a post to recruit a new member. If you are not interested, please disregard the post. If you are, please contact either Khaiden or me.
[+]
 Fairy.Cailleach
user: Cailleach
By Fairy.Cailleach 2010-01-20 15:48:06  
This debate has become a deadlock in all aspects. You may think that Neli and Sem are the only ones that have complained about your group. This is not correct at all. As a matter of fact I have heard similar stories from people who are on your original list of gear drops.

Regardless of everything that has been said in this thread one fact remains. This isn't the first thread lfp by Jorden nor will it be the last I'm sure. Just a warning to those who might give up lots of time to see others get gear. Maybe it's unfounded but from the outside looking in it doesn't seem that way.

Post more data about drops if you'd like. Try to prove you run a fair drop system. As long as people have some reasonable doubt then I feel like something has been accomplished. That's all it takes in the legal system right?
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-20 15:50:45  
People should be wary joining any new shell.

Point made people, let's move on.
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-20 15:56:06  
Most salvage groups have a semi-legit lotting system. What makes it funky is when the leader decides to spam the zone they need gear from repeatedly versus giving everyone a fair shot. I've seen it all too often where the leader and/or their favorites have something to benefit from virtually every run. The lotting system has no factor in this case. If you're looking to join any salvage group, just make sure the runs are fair to everyone involved in the process.

I was in Jorden's old salvage group. She did make a decent effort to keep things relatively fair, however there was a noticable bias in which runs were being done. There's no room to complain when you're the new guy because others have seniority, it's a matter of waiting your turn. Oddly enough, the very last run I was in, I obtained an Ares 35 body and was notified it was my last run with her group.

Quite honestly, the reasons behind disbanding the old group keep changing depending on what the most convenient answer is at the current time. Jorden claimed she wanted to do salvage 7 days a week, which she was already doing with two different groups within the same linkshell. Then she had a new crop of friends that server transferred that she was running salvage with. It doesn't matter really. It's her linkshell and she can do as she pleases, however our server has a pretty small endgame community. You can only burn so many bridges before you're stuck on an island.

Re: The drama that broke our salvage group... In a nutshell, I was noticing Nelirook was being lazy with TP usage as a MNK (idle punching with as much as 300 TP doing nothing more even after abilities unlocked) and since I was on SAM I wanted to take advantage of closing darkness skillchains with both MNKs. I was coordinating skillchains on ventrilo that day. Everyone seemed to like it, except Nelirook. He went emo stating I was telling him how to play his job and he hates how I treat him like an idiot. It got to the point where he had to cry about how much he hated me to anyone who'd listen every opportunity he got. At that point I just about had enough of his foolishness and took it up with the salvage leader. I told them I could care less what someone thinks of me but it should NEVER impact the team. Unfortunately he insisted on petty games and threatened to leave the static if I wasn't kicked. Jorden told him good bye because I hadn't done anything wrong (unless you count coordinating skillchains a felony), and he was quick to eat his own words and retract his statement. Long story short, his antics kept up, and rather than continuing to fuel the fire, I just let the leader know of any issues between myself and a member of our static. I suppose rather than address the issue head-on she decided to disband the group and start a fresh one.

Everyone has their own side to a story. Although I don't think Jorden has committed any grave crimes, and to the best of my knowledge tried her best to help her static, BUT it would be foolish to completely ignore all the posts in this thread. Take it all in with a grain of salt. If you're interested in doing salvage, give her a shot. If you notice things are starting to get funny, there is no commitment to be in her salvage group for X amount of weeks/months/years/etc. Just leave.

---

To sum it up:

Lootwhores calling other lootwhores "lootwhores!"

I love the loldrama.
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-01-20 16:21:25  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Most use is a shitty system rly. If you put in the work, should get an equal shot. What exactly is your definition of most use? Let's say we have someone w/ mnk vs someone w/ mnk sam nin for usu shoes. Mnk sam nin wins by default?

Or how about
This guy is our main tank so he gets priority on usu shoes. Then you have a rdm who also comes to every run, who doesn't even want to be on rdm but comes on the job because you've asked them to. They get punished for that by being put further back on the list?

Depends, I think, on what jobs they come on to everything. You wouldn't let a fulltime WAR lot a Duelist's Chapeau or Morrigan's with a fulltime RDM just because they have the same number of points would you? The situation is somewhat different in Salvage due to the small number of people and specific jobs it requires, but I think the general idea still applies.

If you hate a job you should make that clear in your application, or retire it, or just not mention it at all. I don't really see that as a valid reason for taking equipment someone else could put to better use. If I hated Bard I wouldn't list it in my application just to get into a linkshell and then pray I never had to play it.
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-20 16:30:48  
Fairy.Rorrick said:
Depends, I think, on what jobs they come on to everything. You wouldn't let a fulltime WAR lot a Duelist's Chapeau or Morrigan's with a fulltime RDM just because they have the same number of points would you? The situation is somewhat different in Salvage due to the small number of people and specific jobs it requires, but I think the general idea still applies. If you hate a job you should make that clear in your application, or retire it, or just not mention it at all. I don't really see that as a valid reason for taking equipment someone else could put to better use. If I hated Bard I wouldn't list it in my application just to get into a linkshell and then pray I never had to play it.

Agree & Disagree. I wouldn't exactly want to lose a reliable WHM for every single dynamis run over TH4 hands if he has THF and never gets to use it. But I can understand the argument of TH4 hands being put to use in that linkshell. This is one of the toughest issues when it comes to handling drops because there is no definitive right or wrong approach. Either way, someone is going to feel like they got burned. Imagine the main assist in a dynamis linkshell feeling jipped by losing lot to a WHM on Shadow Ring (let's assume that WHM is a main PLD in their endgame linkshell). It's a touchy issue really.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-20 17:12:17  
Fairy.Rorrick said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Or how about

Depends, I think, on what jobs they come on to everything. You wouldn't let a fulltime WAR lot a Duelist's Chapeau or Morrigan's with a fulltime RDM just because they have the same number of points would you? The situation is somewhat different in Salvage due to the small number of people and specific jobs it requires, but I think the general idea still applies.

If you hate a job you should make that clear in your application, or retire it, or just not mention it at all. I don't really see that as a valid reason for taking equipment someone else could put to better use. If I hated Bard I wouldn't list it in my application just to get into a linkshell and then pray I never had to play it.
If they came war by choice, sure, you would have a point. If there were 2 other rdms who had no DD jobs so they would say "ok we have enough rdms so we need you to come war even if you want to come rdm" then I still disagree. You should not be punished for having multiple jobs available to your shell.