user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-09 08:46:33  
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-09 09:26:42  
Fairy.Victoire said:
People don't pay 12.95 a month to be told the way they play the game is stupid or wrong.
You are right.

But I don't pay 12.95 a month just to have somebody who is trying to help myself and others fail at their jobs.

Merits, events, whatnot.

If you are the leading cause of fail (meaning you don't know how to pull birds in Nyzul Isle and you are a BRD puller, or you don't know how to kite Kaiser Behemoth, and you are a BLM, and you end up running towards us instead of away from us and Meteor) then I don't want to deal with you. I understand making mistakes once in a while, I even understand being a noob.

But the difference between a noob and a fail is that noobs learn. Fails don't.
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-09 09:59:29  
Ok no need to turn it into a flame thread about SMN burns. That's not what I wanted.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-09 10:32:45  
not turning this into a SMN burn flame thread.

I'm just stating an opinion.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-01-09 10:57:11  
The fact that this thread has "smn burn" in the title means its going to turn into a burn flame thread.

Too many people get their panties in a twist over this, let it go already as it usually has nothing to do with you.

The only people who I feel would be agitated by this are BST who used to solo in there... how many lvl 13 bst you know?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-09 10:59:57  
with Fields of Valor, I don't think any BSTs would solo there anymore anyway.

Highlands go~
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-09 11:27:53  
Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
how many bsts you know?

Corrected~
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2010-01-09 11:51:13  
Thats my point. Bst solo elsewhere now, and they are the only ones I see who could be upset by this. Everyone else not involved can suck it imo.

Rathz, just because your BST has a huge 0 next to it, doesnt mean others wont enjoy leveling it. Maybe this thread wouldnt sound so flamey from the start if you didnt "correct" posts as a knock to how others play this game.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
サーバ: Fairy
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-09 12:06:10  
Pandemonium.Rida said:
Fairy.Disc said:
Bismarck.Rida said:
I can solo 7-8k b4 most SMN burns can complete pull.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OK

have fun with your 7-8k then while i get a full buffer of 44k and half a merit

Ive SMN burned idc if ppl do or not but to me "buffer" implies 10k not 44k. Puddings can easily be soloed to chain 4 even 5 if you get nice conserve MP proc. Unless of course you have a fail BLM. Full korroloka pull (FULL!) takes 45min in that time I can easily hit 7-8k XP and I know alot of other BLMs that can too. That sheer fact your "HURRRRRRRRRR" @ me shows how little you know.

To be fair, the more buffer you have, the longer you can go without having to get more of it.

Ill spend a day and get buffer to capped and not have to worry about it again for at least 2-3 months
 Pandemonium.Despain
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2010-01-09 13:19:41  
Capping a buffer to 44k means I'm losing out on 3 and a half merits. I hardly ever go over 10k for any of my jobs, because its kinda stupid to. There's absolutely no real need to have a buffer over 10k. However, on THF I usually go to 20k, just because that job hardly ever gets exp.

Victorie, lol. "ZOMG ITS MY 12.95 OMGOPMASPOJHSAPIDNH!" Just leave.
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-09 13:29:35  
Well, I guess the way I see it, if I delevel, all my merits mean nothing.

But to each their own, I usually do stay around 20k, THF, RDM, and BLM I try to cap out because I find my self dying on those the most.
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-01-09 13:34:09  
All my jobs have a 44k buffer, except blm atm... damn Dynamis... Its not a waste. I never have to worry about deleveling in Dynamis then yelling r3 r3 only I deleveled... I can keep it on exp all the time and if I do die in a party I know my buffer will be filled and go back to limit shortly.

Gimped argument should just be a Idiot argument... if you leeche brd up to 75 then start saying you can be a puller your an idiot... go skillup in sea, then actually practice and have a feel for your job... Otherwise your an *** wasting your time and your parties time.
I leeched ninja up to 75 spent a week just skilling up and practicing soloing stuff. When I was fully skilled and could solo IT stuff then I started using it with others and thats the diffrence...

O and also.. if a 13 bst was trying to solo in tunnel.. I dont know a smn group that wouldnt just use him as the sync and send him on his way level 23+
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-01-09 15:01:06  
Pandemonium.Rida said:
Fairy.Disc said:
Bismarck.Rida said:
I can solo 7-8k b4 most SMN burns can complete pull.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR OK

have fun with your 7-8k then while i get a full buffer of 44k and half a merit

Full korroloka pull (FULL!) takes 45min in that time I can easily hit 7-8k XP and I know alot of other BLMs that can too. That sheer fact your "HURRRRRRRRRR" @ me shows how little you know.

50k~ exp in 1~ hour > 7-8k in 45 mins

dumbass
 Pandemonium.Rida
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2010-01-09 15:37:49  
Using SMN burn for buffer is inefficient unless your Zombieing ALOT its pointless. So why waste your time doing a SMN burn for a buffer when 10k is perfectly good. SMN burns are only good for 3 things 1 Merits for ppl already 75, 2 Maats cap (aint that great anyway) and 3 giving useless players a 75 they dont know how to play and have to spend hours Skilling up on anyway.
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-01-09 15:51:17  
/ignore all relevant post
/block common sense
Evasion rises.4
/evade a well thought out post (that one was close almost got you! Rest assured your still ignorant though)

/Post same thing that was said 10 times and was never correct to begin with...

Its like speaking with a brick wall.

Btw.. If you do your skillups correctly.. say already have blm 75 and warrior 75 You can have almost any job fully skilled when it dings 75. You all speak of it like you have to skill each job from 0
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rida
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2010-01-09 16:05:11  
if you need a 44k buffer in Dyna and it aint THF Im sorry your Dyna shell sucks
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-09 16:07:14  
I don't honestly think that the skillups is what angers some people about Astral Burns.

I think that what angers people the most is the lack of time put into a job. It usually takes months to get jobs from 1 to 75, at least to people with lives, and its a great accomplishment when you finally ding 75.

Take that accomplishment away, and you get angry people who think the Astral Burners are just too lazy, and you get the Astral Burners who think the old style people are too uptight.

This is all a contradiction of viewpoints, thats what makes this topic so hot.
 Asura.Terminus
By Asura.Terminus 2010-01-10 11:03:23  
SMN Burn FTW
 Phoenix.Xilfarth
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Xilfarth
By Phoenix.Xilfarth 2010-01-10 11:17:17  
I think smn burns are like guns. They're not bad. Just the way they're used. I think they should be used for meriting and leveling a VERY similar job that you already have. Like having a 75 war and smn burning a sam.

The problem for me comes in when ppl attempt to go from war to something like brd and we end up with a 70+ brd that doesn't know what mazurka is. I'm tired of rdms that still want to melee at 60 but they're enfeebles are so underskilled they can't land an enfeeble.
Think I'm overexaggerting? I've already been in a pt with one of each.

Keep it for meriting and leveling similar jobs. You might pay your monthly fees but so does everyone else who depends on you to be able to know and do YOUR job!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-01-10 12:08:38  
Titan.Guenhwyvar said:
Thats my point. Bst solo elsewhere now, and they are the only ones I see who could be upset by this. Everyone else not involved can suck it imo. Rathz, just because your BST has a huge 0 next to it, doesnt mean others wont enjoy leveling it. Maybe this thread wouldnt sound so flamey from the start if you didnt "correct" posts as a knock to how others play this game.

Or perhaps I was mentioning the fact that you rarely see any BSTs anymore because people don't play them as often as other jobs?

Just did a /sea all bst and there's a huge 21 out of 1217 people that're playing BST.

Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-10 12:34:32  
Wow it's so childish in here. People just need to get over the fact that SMN burns are not going anywhere.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-10 13:24:36  
I used to be against them but I stopped caring after a while. Not sure why others can't really do the same, if SE really wants to get rid of them they will.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-10 13:28:23  
It promotes skill up parties and random adventures. I'm all for it.
 Hades.Zandra
サーバ: Hades
user: Zandra7
By Hades.Zandra 2010-01-10 15:03:34  
Pandemonium.Rathz said:
Best i've seen in a single pull was 30k... 49k is your best? Jesus christ server hop and pull for me now

I've pulled near 60k before with rings and cor leach very simple actualy

Just takes patience

Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-01-10 16:45:08  
Asura.Korpg said:
I don't honestly think that the skillups is what angers some people about Astral Burns. I think that what angers people the most is the lack of time put into a job. It usually takes months to get jobs from 1 to 75, at least to people with lives, and its a great accomplishment when you finally ding 75. Take that accomplishment away, and you get angry people who think the Astral Burners are just too lazy, and you get the Astral Burners who think the old style people are too uptight. This is all a contradiction of viewpoints, thats what makes this topic so hot.

could have summed this post up in one word, jealousy
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-11 22:24:40  
All I'll say is this:

If you smn burn a job from a low level to a high level, you mustn't care for the job very much.